LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 07-15-2019, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Default Dell Winders is gone

I'm saddened to report that Dell Winders passed away today, July 15, 2019.

Dell & I had many heated debates over LRLs and were often very rude toward each other on the forums. Several years ago I told Dell I was done, and despite my skepticism toward LRLs I would no longer engage with him on the forums. We agreed to disagree and let it go.

In the past year or so his living situation had become dire and his health was failing. Last November I was in Tallahassee visiting family so I drove down to Auburndale and dropped in on Dell, very much uninvited. I was shocked at Dell's living conditions; he was a half-step from homelessness, living in a cargo trailer. The door was open, I knocked and he said "come in." He had no idea who I was, and when I introduced myself he was absolutely floored. We shook hands, buried the hatchet, and I stayed the rest of the day with him talking treasure, dowsing, LRLs, Big Pharma, and lots of other things. I ran out for some food, and gave him some other assistance. When I left that evening it was with the sad realization that a man with an incredibly fascinating life was destined to end it alone and destitute.

I've been wanting to get back for another visit and just a week ago I called the RV park where he lives to check in on him because he had been silent since March. Everything was reported to be fine, but it appears that he took a sudden turn for the worse. I'm glad it was not a long drawn-out ordeal -- Dell absolutely despised Big Pharma and didn't want to end up where he did.

Though I disagree with him regarding his LRLs, I can say without hesitation that Dell passionately believed in everything he was doing. There was never any intent to mislead anyone. He certainly had a colorful life with many accomplishments and deserved a far better ending than he got.

--Carl
Old 07-16-2019, 01:37 AM

Default Mourning

He is a great person!
Old 07-16-2019, 05:20 AM
Guru

I am so sorry. A great treasure hunter left.
It is pity why he had a rich life and died poor.
God rest his soul.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Guru

I'm very saddened, Dell has been a traveling companion all these years, our forum has lost an important element.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:07 PM
Guru

RIP
Old 07-16-2019, 10:26 PM
Guru (Administrator)

While on the Geotech and LRL forums I also had a few run-ins with Dell over LRLs. However, at no time did I believe that he intentionally tried to mislead anyone. On the contrary, he was simply a victim of his own belief system.

I'm sad to see a worthy opponent meet such an ignoble end.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:01 PM
Guru

I learned all about MFD Rod from Mr Dell Winders . He was big Maister of Rod systems.
God rest his soul.
RIP
Old 07-18-2019, 07:28 PM

Dell was a great man. His legend will live on.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:15 PM

r.i.p. dell,

aly.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:39 AM

R.i.p.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:12 PM

Hi all
I am so sorry.dell was the one of great masters in this forum.
god rest his soul.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:44 PM

I am so sorry.
Dell was a great LRL enthusiast.
God rest his soul.
RIP
Old 07-28-2019, 07:42 AM

Default RIP

I AM SO SORRY >> R.I.P ,DELL .
Old 12-14-2019, 07:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post

Dell & I had many heated debates over LRLs and were often very rude toward each other on the forums. Several years ago I told Dell I was done, and despite my skepticism toward LRLs I would no longer engage with him on the forums. We agreed to disagree and let it go.

In the past year or so his living situation had become dire and his health was failing. Last November I was in Tallahassee visiting family so I drove down to Auburndale and dropped in on Dell, very much uninvited. I was shocked at Dell's living conditions; he was a half-step from homelessness, living in a cargo trailer. The door was open, I knocked and he said "come in." He had no idea who I was, and when I introduced myself he was absolutely floored. We shook hands, buried the hatchet, and I stayed the rest of the day with him talking treasure, dowsing, LRLs, Big Pharma, and lots of other things. I ran out for some food, and gave him some other assistance. When I left that evening it was with the sad realization that a man with an incredibly fascinating life was destined to end it alone and destitute.

I've been wanting to get back for another visit and just a week ago I called the RV park where he lives to check in on him because he had been silent since March. Everything was reported to be fine, but it appears that he took a sudden turn for the worse. I'm glad it was not a long drawn-out ordeal -- Dell absolutely despised Big Pharma and didn't want to end up where he did.

Though I disagree with him regarding his LRLs, I can say without hesitation that Dell passionately believed in everything he was doing. There was never any intent to mislead anyone. He certainly had a colorful life with many accomplishments and deserved a far better ending than he got.

--Carl

Hi.
After a long time now I connected here and read this grievous post.
Dell was really a good decent noble man. I learned many things from him.

I really became upset from this news by my heart depth.
god may have mercy upon his soul.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:33 PM
Guru

Welcome Michael , You are not here from long time, this forum needs knowledgeable and investigative people like you, but few of the ancients remained.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:16 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by humhum View Post
Welcome Michael , You are not here from long time, this forum needs knowledgeable and investigative people like you, but few of the ancients remained.
Hi,
Thank you.

yep. it's for life nature that made me so much busy..
It's your favor for such comment, but I don't know anything in comparison to knowledgeable members here. So, for me it's better to read useful written than write useless written.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:53 PM

ALLAH rest his soul
Old 12-16-2019, 02:50 PM

Every soul will taste death
You will receive your reward on the Day of Resurrection for what you have done
This is how the Qur'an says
Sorry for what happened
Old 12-16-2019, 03:08 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahrayar View Post
Every soul will taste death
You will receive your reward on the Day of Resurrection for what you have done
This is how the Qur'an says
Sorry for what happened

Exactly
Old 12-17-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Exactly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxEIMDIHPyg
Old 12-25-2019, 09:06 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post

--Carl

Hi
Just saw message now And I was impressed .
Dell was big man .
God bless him .
Old 04-17-2020, 06:19 PM

Default Thankful

Thanks Carl for your kind words. I loss contact with Dell years ago. I just wanted to say I am happy to have known him. He had a good heart and spirit. But stood up for what he believed.

Hello to the forum.

Regards

Tim Williams LRLMAN

Old 04-17-2020, 08:22 PM
Guru

Hi Tim. Yeah the LRL forums will never be the same without Dell. He would always answer any questions. I sure wish he was still around. I think he's up there smiling down on us. I just got the ol' L-rods and one of his olderWeight Chek out yesterday. Had to do some soldering as the plug was losing contact. Haven't done much with the rods for a few years now. Still got it.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:06 PM
Guru

Since I'm on the L-rod subject, I decided to hook up a nine volt battery to the L-rods to see if it is more powerful. Just the positive to one rod and the negative to the other. Seems like it works better with positive to the left hand. I use insulated handles so the voltage doesn't go through me. Anybody tried this?
Old 04-18-2020, 09:22 PM
Guru

Well, today I switched the rods so the positive pole in my right hand and it seems to work better. I don't know what is going on. I'm sure my inactivity with the L-rods has something to do with it. Maybe it's the weather--light rain today. I don't know. Was using the Eliminator e120 for a transmitter. I'll mess with it some more and try to figure out what is happening.