LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 12-14-2015, 04:40 AM

Default online stores for long range locators worldwide shipping?

online stores
Old 12-17-2015, 04:33 PM
Guru

They are all money grabbers with highly inflated prices. Every one of them. There isn't a single LRL that should be priced more than $1000. Many just a few dollars for parts. Few over $100 worth of parts but sell for thousand$$$$ and most ain't worth $50. Greed motivated and BAD KARMA.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Guru

I like to compare using L-rods to golf. They both require about the same amount of effort and practice and yes, the f-word feedback. Like golf, maybe one in a hundred-thousand ever gets good enough to be called a pro, probably about the same for L-rods. Map dowsing is much worse odds, maybe one in ten million, maybe less than that.Of course anyone can CLAIM to be one. LOL. and the phony internet experts gotta have some mental issues. I could compare adult learning an L-rod to an adult learning how to swim. Most have such fear of the water they can never overcome. Not saying I don't like L-rods, but it took me several years. Most people aren't that tenacious. You gotta love it, and of course I do. That why it hurts me to see the phony fake LRL's being pushed for huge money. I've used about everything and the frequency discriminators are best, but not the hand-held type. Most everything else you don't have a prayer in Hell.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:54 AM
Guru

Here's a balancer. Supposed to help you get a better response from the phony calculator taped to an antenna. Sorry don't know how to crop this. As you can see, it's a capacitor and pot with a piece of wire hooked to it. Paid $50 for this one.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2015, 02:58 AM
Guru

I don't know if this is the same thing he sells with the calculator for nearly $3000 now. A guy on t-net (one of the fake map dowsers) pushes these.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Guru

If the guy paid you $3000 to take them you would be getting a bad deal. So don't ask me which ones are the good ones. I said most ain't worth $50 so that means if you have one in mind, odds say it is suspect and they are all way overpriced. Just figure about ten times too much is a good ballpark figure.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:01 PM
Guru

Just to be fair here, I am working on a frequency discriminator with an electronic receiver (no L-rods). It's working but for various reasons i don't know if I want to mess with putting it on the market. It's not idiot proof. it's not all my design but the majority of the parts is of my doing. There is a lot of work involved in building one and the parts cost more than most other locators. And I've been working for months on this design. It's been quite a journey with plenty of obstacles and traps I've fallen into and money wasted on many false hopes. But it is working and i'm still as sane as I was (not saying too much ). For starters i really need to get out with it in a real life search.

So I don't want anyone to think i have some hidden agenda. i totally stand by what i said about most locators ain't worth $50.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:23 PM
Guru

I've learned a lot over the past six months. Done a ton of reading. I recall many things Dell Winders has said over the years. I never understood where he learned all he did, but now I know it was from the early days before he started using the L-rods. I mean using L-rods is like a blind man with a cane--pretty much impossible to get the whole picture. And you can't really see anything. So much relies on your ability to be completely unbiased and not influence the rods. Pretty much have to be a Saint to accomplish that, and I don't think there are too many of those on the forums. Of course a couple people want others to believe they are infallible like the Pope. Maybe they really believe it. Sure do act like it. That's the height of ignorance. Even with the electronic receiver it's still real easy to jump to conclusions if you don't take your time and let the signal line develop. It takes a few minutes even at close range. I really don't know why they gave up on the electronic receivers. I figured out some stuff that wasn't right and came up with a few techniques of my own that work much better. Probably wait til Spring before I decide. Kinda hate to sell it with a set of L-rods (for pinpointing) but i probably will. Just don't want to listen to the whine fest.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Guru

When i say "idiot proof" maybe I should qualify that. Obviously an idiot isn't going to be able to find gold with it, at least very unlikely. I like how someone I read phrased it: "Easy enough a 16 year-old girl can use it." This device is not there yet. Pretty sure I know what is needed to get mostly there. And i guess that is what I will have to do if i ever want to sell this device. It would help me, too. There's times I don't get it right and have to go back and do it again. Still want to keep the price under $1000. that's with the transmitter and electronic receiver.
Old 12-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Guru

Sorry for highjacking this thread. Guess i should start a new one. Me oh my, can't help myself.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Guru

Good job Mike (Mont), don't be sorry.