LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 03-23-2015, 02:41 AM
Guru

Default Question for electronics

I have a set of Meyl scalar wave coils. These are pancake coil transformers with the primary winding of five turns but this can be cut to four turns. The secondary winding is just above the primary, maybe three mm gap. So my question is if I go to four windings on the primary how will that affect the resonant frequency? Higher, lower or no effect? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:13 AM
Guru

Obviously didn't explain this very well. It is an air core transformer with a five turn couple coil and multi turn pancake spiral coil with a spherical electrode off the center and a ground off the outer end that is connected to th other coil. The two electrode s create an air capacitor.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Guru

It is my understanding this is much the same as Tesla's Wardenclyffe tower, the magnifying transmitter. i know the voltage in the secondary is going to increase, just can't find much on the resonant frequency. I guess no one here is knowledgeable on this topic. I will do some search on tesla coil.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Guru

It does not appear to be the same as the Tesla coil. If you are interested you can search Meyl scalar. he has a website and many videos on you tube. His website click on Papers, then Wireless energy transfer.

I got a set of his coils and electrodes last year. Hooked up my frequency generator and was able to get about five times the voltage off the primary on the receiver coil within the near field. Even at one-third wavelength I was able to light the LED's (using only low power from the FG) but if I get too near the receiver coil they dim from that distance. That is not the range limit, just didn't have more room to test farther distance. I do not get measurable extra voltage from that distance but I don't have an O-scope to measure the high frequency. He has wired a bridge rectifier and capacitor for measuring DC voltage but that can't be accurate, just a relative measurement. Got a lot to learn on this one.