LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Default A waist of tme

I had to laugh when I heard on the news that a NASA scientist had discovered another EARTH like planet 60 something LIGHT YEARS AWAY. With the counties economy crumbling NASA has some twit announce that. If you dont understand it, it goes something like this; Light travels at a speed of 6x10to the 8 meters per second and in one earth year can travel a dam long distance. The LIGHT WAVES that NASA has just seen are coming from someting that may not even exist any more. At 26 Billion annual NASA budget i think a smart move for the American government would be to cut that crap out and start mixing cement.
THAT'S NOT LONG RANGE LOCATING
regards to all
Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Guru

Old 01-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Guru

I think we have already way too much destroyed our planet and we must look forward to expand our destruction skills to other ones.
Seriously we must look a little bit on the long term and outside our square if we want to progress.The actual stupid political and economical crisis is nothing comparing to humanity evolution.
And you should study better, as looking to something 60 light years away is just seeing it the way it was 60 years ago.
Why are always retrograde people like you the less... "informed" ones ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedevil View Post
I had to laugh when I heard on the news that a NASA scientist had discovered another EARTH like planet 60 something LIGHT YEARS AWAY. With the counties economy crumbling NASA has some twit announce that. If you dont understand it, it goes something like this; Light travels at a speed of 6x10to the 8 meters per second and in one earth year can travel a dam long distance. The LIGHT WAVES that NASA has just seen are coming from someting that may not even exist any more. At 26 Billion annual NASA budget i think a smart move for the American government would be to cut that crap out and start mixing cement.
regards to all
Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
regards to all
I assume you meant to say "waste of time" and not "waist". Unless you have a fixation about [planetary?] bodies.
Also, I don't agree with your outburst.

Last edited by Qiaozhi; 01-19-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Banned

Default I know my light years

For those of you who do not understand lightyears goto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-yearAnd my comment was 60 "someting" lightyears. I think it was 60 Billion lightyears.
So ok lets do the sums there are 60 seconds to a minute and 60 minutes to an hour and 24 hours in a day and 365 days to a year. If light travels at 300,000meters per second that makes that planet a very, very long long way away. And the light waves take time to travel that distance. So that image is of a planet that existed a very very long time ago. If we were able to invent something out of nothing to create artificial mass we would then have to send that artificial mass (anti matter) to that other earth like planet which would take time(t) and would travel slower than light. Then by the time it's taken for us to detect the orginal light from that planet (60 billion lightyears) to the time it takes to build something out of nothing (anti matter) and then send it to that planet, we would probably get there and find it's collasped into it's sun.
Maybe a better challenge would be if NASA could DISCOVER some fitness program to reverse the irevrsable effects of the LSD drugs that where out in America during the 60's.
Or maybe they could discover that they are a bunch of fools and need a budget cutback

rgds
Old 01-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Guru

Maybe you should first inform yourself about the real distance then talk about it.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default Far too many star trek movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Maybe you should first inform yourself about the real distance then talk about it.
I am informed Fred and by my own reading, learning and understanding. Not by watching far too any star trek movies or programs like LOST IN SPACE. Do yourself a favor, turn OFF THE T.V. and read a book. You may (or may not) wake up from that LSD trip.

Rgds
Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Guru

Quote:
I am informed Fred and by my own reading, learning and understanding. Not by watching far too any star trek movies or programs like LOST IN SPACE. Do yourself a favor, turn OFF THE T.V. and read a book. You may (or may not) wake up from that LSD trip.

Rgds
Mmmh...Maybe you should try to turn ON your TV from time to time and discover there is a world around you.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Guru

Quote:
For those of you who do not understand lightyears goto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-yearAnd my comment was 60 "someting" lightyears. I think it was 60 Billion lightyears.
So ok lets do the sums there are 60 seconds to a minute and 60 minutes to an hour and 24 hours in a day and 365 days to a year. If light travels at 300,000meters per second that makes that planet a very, very long long way away. And the light waves take time to travel that distance. So that image is of a planet that existed a very very long time ago. If we were able to invent something out of nothing to create artificial mass we would then have to send that artificial mass (anti matter) to that other earth like planet which would take time(t) and would travel slower than light. Then by the time it's taken for us to detect the orginal light from that planet (60 billion lightyears) to the time it takes to build something out of nothing (anti matter) and then send it to that planet, we would probably get there and find it's collasped into it's sun.
Maybe a better challenge would be if NASA could DISCOVER some fitness program to reverse the irevrsable effects of the LSD drugs that where out in America during the 60's.
Or maybe they could discover that they are a bunch of fools and need a budget cutback

rgds
Hi Dedevil person,
I don't think there is any likelihood that this planet collapsed into the sun, nor do I think it would take 60 billion years to travel to this planet.
In fact I find it hard to believe that NASA made an image of a planet located 60 billion light years distance.
Isn't it true that NASA recently announced the farthest cluster of galaxies ever spotted by the Hubble telescope is 13.1 billion light years away?

Or am I wrong, and they spotted a planet much farther?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Guru

Quote:

If we were able to invent something out of nothing to create artificial mass we would then have to send that artificial mass (anti matter) to that other earth like planet which would take time(t) and would travel slower than light.
Prof. Hadron agree with you:

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/48105
Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:

rgds
I assume you're referring to Kepler 22-b, which is 600 light years away.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
I assume you're referring to Kepler 22-b, which is 600 light years away.
600 light years?

Whatever....
60 something, 600, 60 billion, 6 trillion...
They're all the same when you "know your light years"

It just goes to show it is not "a waist of time" when "you are informed and by your own reading and understanding"

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post

600 light years?

J_P
Hi J_P

you did not take into account that this light is coming through high diopter LRL glasses.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Banned

Default Ok its not a waist of it's a WASTE! OF TIME

No matter how far it is to this planet it is still a foolish thought to try and go there.
The Earth is made up of a fixed amount of mass that determines the earths orbital distance from the sun. So to get to this other planet we would have to build a spaceship with a mass from the earth and then send it light years away to this other planet. OK So what happens to the earths mass. The earths new mass would be old mass minus the space ship mass. If you apply the universal equation F = (G x m1 x m2)/r and make m1 the sun and m2 the earth then if changing the mass of m2 (the earth) this has to change something else, F or r. The fact that it is light years away would mean anything that is sent there form earth would no longer interact with the whole earths mass. Ask yourself Do you want to destroy this earth planet and everyone on it in an attempt to find another one light years away?

Regards to all
Old 01-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Guru

Quote:
No matter how far it is to this planet it is still a foolish thought to try and go there. (blah blah blah)
Regards to all
Bah, don´t worry dardeveil, i am sure you will eventually find a cure to your problem.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
No matter how far it is to this planet it is still a foolish thought to try and go there.
The Earth is made up of a fixed amount of mass that determines the earths orbital distance from the sun. So to get to this other planet we would have to build a spaceship with a mass from the earth and then send it light years away to this other planet. OK So what happens to the earths mass. The earths new mass would be old mass minus the space ship mass. If you apply the universal equation F = (G x m1 x m2)/r and make m1 the sun and m2 the earth then if changing the mass of m2 (the earth) this has to change something else, F or r. The fact that it is light years away would mean anything that is sent there form earth would no longer interact with the whole earths mass. Ask yourself Do you want to destroy this earth planet and everyone on it in an attempt to find another one light years away?

Regards to all
hold down ,definitely there isn't any kind of issue with the spaceship mass, except in case that has a mass like the moon (!).
Old 01-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Banned

Default O.K. You do the maths!

Does something have to give or take?. Is the Earth getting hotter or colder? I don't see the NASA people saying that they have just discovered a MASS heading towards us from this planet with a postal address of "People of eatrh hear have some mass and come and join us for an intergallatic party." No i hear of so called experts saying that they are working on a thing called anti matter to confuse the foollish earthlings into paying taxes for thier wages. As i said A TOTAL WASTE OF 26 US $BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR

Regards
Old 01-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Banned

Default So come on Show us your maths!

Still Waiting!
Old 01-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Default O.K. Tell me what is the mass of an American Flag?

Quote:
Bah, don´t worry dardeveil, i am sure you will eventually find a cure to your problem.
And while your at it, was the planting of the mass of that flag on the moon a giant leap forward, or a total TRIP into DARKNESS.

rgds
Old 01-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Banned

Default Yes we found it

Quote:
Yes it's called " getting of the lost in space drugs" Fred. I'm sure it's hard, but your trying so hard to join us all and we are all here to help you.

rgds
Old 01-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Banned

Default internet AA meeting

Quote:
Yes it's called " getting of the lost in space drugs" Fred. I'm sure it's hard, but your trying so hard to join us all and we are all here to help you.

rgds
Don't worry FRED where here for support.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Banned

Default 24 hrs latter

It's 24 hrs latter Fred. And still no reply. Are you still trying to work the equation out?
Who ever said those lost in space drugs don't effect you!
It's ok Fred we are all here for support, just take your medication.
And goodnight!