LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Guru

Default Note to Geo

I don't know what kind of coil set-up you are using. As for voltage, I try to keep it no more than about 7 volts output. I have found more will distort things, and I have heard that a high voltage can impress a signal into the ground that can last for 24 hours or more. You might try a different antenna. The one I like I got plans from Bill Morgan. It is a through-the-air system. It is basically a piece of PVC pipe with one lead wrapped around it several times (to make a coil) then connected to a piece of aluminum foil wrapped around the pipe. About a half inch away another piece of foil is wrapped around and the other lead is connected to it. So you have two pieces of foil about a half-inch apart with a lead connected to each one.

Also, you might look at the Treasure Scope Quad report. There are some frequencies you can try. They are low voltage--1.5 volts and lower so you won't get a strong signal.

Also the East/West response to a target is one of the strongest. Hills has several rod configurations in his book that you should try to see if they will filter out for you. You just need to find what works best for you.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Guru

Hi Mike.
At who thread are you refer???

Regards
Old 11-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Guru

I misunderstood your MFD (Magnetic Field Detector) thought you were referring to MFD (Molecular Frequency Discriminator).