LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Guru

Default New idea for dowsing rod

If you read the wallet mining post, you know I am working on a new dowsing rod called the Aero Rod. The bearings I will use are nearly frictionless and never hang up or seize (unless you pour glue on them).

Listening to the skeptics claims, I have decided to hold off on building the rod until I experiment with a new idea I got last night. Hopefully I'll have a proof of concept model in the next few days. If this works, it's going to be even better, and that's what I'm aiming for. Just another dowsing rod is not what I want to build. Already it is a cut above the rest, but I want it two cuts above or more. Sorry, no details on this one.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
If you read the wallet mining post, you know I am working on a new dowsing rod called the Aero Rod. The bearings I will use are nearly frictionless and never hang up or seize (unless you pour glue on them).

Listening to the skeptics claims, I have decided to hold off on building the rod until I experiment with a new idea I got last night. Hopefully I'll have a proof of concept model in the next few days. If this works, it's going to be even better, and that's what I'm aiming for. Just another dowsing rod is not what I want to build. Already it is a cut above the rest, but I want it two cuts above or more. Sorry, no details on this one.
Hi
Magnetic bearings are the ultimate, and exotic enough to attract customers.You can fin Neodynium magnets cheap and with almost any shape now.
This witth he "wind proof disc rods" and it will be a killer, hope you won´t forget my royalties
Fred
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Guru

I don't much about frictionless bearings, but they can be purchased. I tried to float a magnet at the lower end of the handle, but there still was friction. I have an idea but don't know quite yet how to implement it. Things get more complicated and I want something simple. I seem to have good luck brainstorming on the toilet. Guess I'll have to wait until I'm ready to go.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
I don't much about frictionless bearings, but they can be purchased. I tried to float a magnet at the lower end of the handle, but there still was friction. I have an idea but don't know quite yet how to implement it. Things get more complicated and I want something simple. I seem to have good luck brainstorming on the toilet. Guess I'll have to wait until I'm ready to go.
Go where ?

To the local Wal*Mart! Paint corner...

Do you wanna follow D*** career and buy all paint rollers you can carry ?

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Guru

To the toilet, it's where I get my best ideas. They come to me like a blueprint. Must have something to do with relaxing. You know the expression about pulling it out your ___. Guess I shouldn't be sharing my trade secrets. Okay I threw you a soft ball now it's your turn to hit it out of the park.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Guru

Quote:
To the toilet, it's where I get my best ideas. They come to me like a blueprint. Must have something to do with relaxing. You know the expression about pulling it out your ___. Guess I shouldn't be sharing my trade secrets. Okay I threw you a soft ball now it's your turn to hit it out of the park.
oh... I see... so your design is made in toilet... uhm , well... someone could say that's made of crap! Or that work like a crap!

I know... there's that urban legend that really smart people had "the" wonderful idea just in that "special" moments!

I think that a good idea arrive , wherever you are....doesn't matter: creative minds don't need to sit on the toilet bowl... to feel they're smart!

But...I think it's about the same procedure D*** use about his paint rollers... maybe the magic touch arrive from the "special" ATMOSPHERE of that place...

I'm just surprised why people buy such ...technology materpieces...

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Guru

Anything else and it ain't worth sh__. I could go into reading tea leaves, but you take it from here.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Guru

I want to thank you guys for giving me some good ideas. Well, you didn't give them directly, but I got them. I don't know what will happen, the rod may go dead on me, but I'm going to build one and see what happens. And I just now got another one.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Guru

Ideas from the toilet? Hmmm... Why not put a MFD circuit in the toilet tank? Could this improve the flow of ideas? Maybe could improve the flow of s***?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 08-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I have an air-bearing linear-tracking tonearm for a turntable. Completely frictionless. S'poze I could make a dowsing rod out of it, though I would have to tote around an air pump. Not sure what it would be good for, maybe a wind indicator, or to tell me which way is 'down'.

- Carl
Old 08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Guru

I'm trying to do the impossible here: build a skeptic-proof rod. No small task. What I have so far is not frictionless, and I have decided it is not necessary to do so. Carl, when I get something worked out I'll send you one. Right now I have just too many ideas and I don't want to end up with a Rube Goldberg contraption. I want something simple and elegent. You know how it goes, like Bell said: No one makes any money off the original invention, it's the guy who copies it and improves on it. I like what I have now, but I have my doubts that other people will whole-heartedly agree. And I don't have an engineering background to speak of. But I am driven.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Guru

Quote:
I want something simple and elegent.
I send here a sophisticated plan of a simple and elegant device.
Fred
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Guru

Quote:
I'm trying to do the impossible here: build a skeptic-proof rod. No small task. What I have so far is not frictionless, and I have decided it is not necessary to do so. Carl, when I get something worked out I'll send you one. Right now I have just too many ideas and I don't want to end up with a Rube Goldberg contraption. I want something simple and elegent. You know how it goes, like Bell said: No one makes any money off the original invention, it's the guy who copies it and improves on it. I like what I have now, but I have my doubts that other people will whole-heartedly agree. And I don't have an engineering background to speak of. But I am driven.
uhm... what about some old VHS player head bearing ??? It's not frictionless... but maybe suitable for the poor man dowsing rod...

I think would be easy today find a lot of them around and at no cost!

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 08-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Guru

Hey Max, I guess I have been using the wrong term. What I am really talking about is called "stickion". You probably know, but there is a torque threshold that must be met before the bearings break loose from a standstill. The lower the threshold, the more sensitive the rod will be. A little friction is actually good because it gives you some feedback as to what the rod is doing. At least this is what I think.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Guru

Correction: stiction (not stickion). What I am trying to do is build a stabilizer system for the rod. I looked into electronic gyros, but I don't think it will be smooth enough not to mention the price tag sticker shock. Yes, it would still be cheaper than a Fitz rod. I also considered a set of counter weights but both of these would require some sort of dampening. This would most likely destroy the feedback you get from the rod and the sensitivity. But it might work for beginners. Anyway, I haven't given up on some sort of stabilizer system and will try out another idea for this today. Of couse the simplest way is to tilt the rod tip down a bit.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
And I don't have an engineering background to speak of. But I am driven.
That much is obvious...
If you did have an engineering background, you wouldn't be posting this nonsense in the first place.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Guru

What? You don't like my idea about the RC helicopter gyro to stabilize the rod? That was a real stroke of genius, son. Expereinced rod users don't need that kind of crutch. It's like having someone else make love for you. The Aero Rod works fine for me and like the Rick Nelson song "Garden Party" says "You can't please everyone so you just got to please yourself." I reworked it and got the labor down to one hour or so, so I might lower the price, or not. I don't see anyone lining up to buy one so I may not even put it on the market. I still have some improvements to the rod itself, anyway.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:07 AM
Guru

kudos Mike(Mont),
If anyone can do the impossible, it might be you.
I'll be watching to see how it turns out.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 08-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Guru

Thanks for the encouragement. If I end up adding a stabilizer it will be for the vertical axis (side-to-side handle tilt) and probably have a very small amount of travel with some dampening. Like I said, it may render the rod dead, I just don't know what to expect. I was messintg around today and ended up with a power steering effect, totally opposite of what I wanted. Man was that wild. I have actually tuned it down some on the latest version compared to the original.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Default mikes new rod

Hi Mike,
I'm very interested in your new rod. Please email me some info.

bama

gfcmlm@bellsouth.net
Old 08-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama View Post
Hi Mike,
I'm very interested in your new rod. Please email me some info.

bama

gfcmlm@bellsouth.net
o'bama ? Interested too in dowsing rods ???

Anything is good to win the elections, uh ?

Maybe he need some more money... and hope in treasures recovery...

"

someone said...
Old 08-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Guru

Well, somebody likes it. I sold two today and maybe a third one tomorrow. I just left it sitting there and left the room. When I came back they said they could really feel it and wanted to buy one. I didn't know them and they didn't even know who's rod it was until I came back into the room.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:15 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont)
Well, somebody likes it. I sold two today and maybe a third one tomorrow. I just left it sitting there and left the room. When I came back they said they could really feel it and wanted to buy one. I didn't know them and they didn't even know who's rod it was until I came back into the room.
We know you don't tell stories about the treasure you find. But maybe you can tell us some stories about the treasure recovery experiences of the people who buy your rod, after they find some things with them. Think so?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 08-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Guru

No. I also have plans to write a book
Old 08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont)
No. I also have plans to write a book
A book?
Will you have a chapter where you tell tales of pathetic non-dowsers whose mamas taught 'em wrong?

Best wishes,
J_P