LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-24-2007, 04:43 AM
Guru

Default Iconos......... I have one

Hi. Before 6 days i received my Iconos.
I made some tests and it seems to work fine.
Last 3 days it raining continuous so i can't test it for more time. It don't detect any other mettal except Gold. But not fresh Gold
I will write more later
Regards
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Guru

Thumbs up

Hi Geo,
Good to read such pleasant news.
would you please write a little about your tests: target, conditions,....
How do you claim it detects only gold?
did you know about your target situation; i.e. how you knew
its' location whereas it was old. did you find it incidentally?
what object, from which distance and what depth?
Haven't you found out it finds just superficial small targets?
BTW; Geo, have you used from mineoro devices before this and give a comparison note here?
please share us with more information.
Thanks a lot.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:18 PM

Good questions Michael.
If this turns to be workable (which i doubt much) than it will start "revolution" in metal detecting world. Reading your posts, on this forum, Geo, i have impression that you are serious man, not just ilusionist like few others. Further i expect from you (i guess many others too) to more detailed explain your experiences with that device. Beware! Be honest or you may risk to be taken as charlatan in future. So far you look like honest man.
Regards!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:19 PM

BTW what is the price?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Hi Geo,
Good to read such pleasant news.
would you please write a little about your tests: target, conditions,....
How do you claim it detects only gold?
did you know about your target situation; i.e. how you knew
its' location whereas it was old. did you find it incidentally?
what object, from which distance and what depth?
Haven't you found out it finds just superficial small targets?
BTW; Geo, have you used from mineoro devices before this and give a comparison note here?
please share us with more information.
Thanks a lot.
Hi Michael.
I have not made a lot of tests. I went at some places where i know that there are very old objects of gold and i tried it. At the same place there are a lot objects of bronze and silver (coins... rings etc)
Iconos beeps at five positions (at 2 positions i am sure that there is gold but i can't take it). At one place i found a small piece of gold (thin plate 2cm x 1 cm) at 30cm depth. With this small target it was problem to center the detector. I used a detector (whites XLT) to center and to find the object.
As i saw it, it can detect old gold (not fresh) very easy.
It has problem near to transformers (20kv/ 100....1000kva), and near to transfer lines 150Kv or 400KV.
Next weekend if the weather is good (if don't rain) i will go again to test it and i will write you.
Ohh i forgot........ I never used any device from Mineoro so i have not any experience from it
Regards
Old 10-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Good questions Michael.
If this turns to be workable (which i doubt much) than it will start "revolution" in metal detecting world. Reading your posts, on this forum, Geo, i have impression that you are serious man, not just ilusionist like few others. Further i expect from you (i guess many others too) to more detailed explain your experiences with that device. Beware! Be honest or you may risk to be taken as charlatan in future. So far you look like honest man.
Regards!
Hi roberts. I have not any reason to don't say the truth.
Now i have not the full experience with this machine. I saw that it detect gold, Don't detect bronze and silver, it have problem with power transformers and super high voltage transmittion lines, and you must turn the detector very slowly left and right.
I think that i don't know anything other to tell you until next weekend
Aaa the price is 5000 euro (high price but.......)
Regards
Old 10-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Guru

Hi GEO
What is inside it ?
Can you upload circuit picture ?
Regards .
Old 10-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aft_72005 View Post
Hi GEO
What is inside it ?
Can you upload circuit picture ?
Regards .
I can't open the box. I have not schematic....... where to find it
Regards
Old 10-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Guru

Hi GEO
I didn’t say that ,”are you have circuit diagram?”
My opinion Is take picture from inside it and upload here, because
For Many people seem me very interested that what is it inside of enclosure?
Is it difficult opening the box?
Regards.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Guru

Hi Geo, Thank you for your answers. just 3 other questions:
1- about the places where you're sure about existence of old buried golds, (that I guess is based on T-map) what target (size, ....) and in which depth is pointed in map( or based on stories)?
2- How was it beeping about repeatability and consistency standpoint? was it sharp?
haven't you encountered to "come & go" signal behavior?
3- What did cause you buy such detector abruptly? did you know of any other user experiences? if yes, share us with those.

Anyway don't forget to keep us informed.

Thanks again.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Guru

Good contribution Geo

Has many people here, i m the one that is not completly shure jet if this devices really work. Many times i had the intention to make one of this, but still not shure if the efort will be rewarded.
So, any comments that you post here will be very helpfull to us.
Regards
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi Michael.
I have not made a lot of tests. I went at some places where i know that there are very old objects of gold and i tried it. At the same place there are a lot objects of bronze and silver (coins... rings etc)
Iconos beeps at five positions (at 2 positions i am sure that there is gold but i can't take it). At one place i found a small piece of gold (thin plate 2cm x 1 cm) at 30cm depth. With this small target it was problem to center the detector. I used a detector (whites XLT) to center and to find the object.
As i saw it, it can detect old gold (not fresh) very easy.
It has problem near to transformers (20kv/ 100....1000kva), and near to transfer lines 150Kv or 400KV.
Next weekend if the weather is good (if don't rain) i will go again to test it and i will write you.
Ohh i forgot........ I never used any device from Mineoro so i have not any experience from it
Regards
Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Hi GEO
Quote:
I didn’t say that ,”are you have circuit diagram?”
My opinion Is take picture from inside it and upload here, because
For Many people seem me very interested that what is it inside of enclosure?
Is it difficult opening the box?
Regards.

I agree on this! Nobody suggest you to dismantle apparatus, just remove cover and take a shots. What is inside? Pcb with components,wires in air? Secret NASA project? Woodo baubles? Or wild cat?
People are (including me) interested to see inside of that device. One shot would do no harm. Nobody can do reverse e.e. according to one shot!
No offends Geo, but i do not beleive a word about device possibilities!
But since you are honest man i also do not beleive that you making up stories here. Only logical explanation is that you was baffled with some not so obvious things when tested it.
In the past same was with Mineoro, until somebody decided to open it,take shots and post in public. Later analyzing those peopler had possibillity to see that it was bogus from a start.
You can save a lot of people for wasting money buy closing this subject more to them. Or, other hands, if that device is workable for real, you can promote it even more....
I guess you dont want to confront with designer, your compatriot. Anyway decide it yourself...
Old 10-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Guru

Quote:
Or wild cat?
Hi roberts

regards.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Guru

Hi Geo,
I think too you are honest person, qualified electronics too and that maybe you need more practice with detector before reaching a scientific conclusion on its possibilities.

I'm open to news... also LRL news ... and I'll be very happy if someone will demonstrate that a commercial device exist and can do for real what advertised like finding just gold and from great distance and in a reliable way.

Now on iconos-md's posts... if you read the "New gold locator!!!" thread you'll see that he posted the picture of below... with assertion that it was captured by a LeCroy 7100 etc instrument.

Rudy, Carl , JPlayer , me and others then focused on the fact that the picture was an artwork... a drawing... with big laughs too.

Iconos-md user told us about picoseconds detection and showed us a fake picture as proof that the unit (he said) works as advertised: the instrument has a real BW of 1GHz only... and rise time hundreds more the pS he say.

What to say... the fact he posted a fake picture doesn't automatically mean that the iconos device doesn't work... but is not a good advertise to people like me.

I'd like to see too the inside of device... but I suggest, if you bought it and spent lot of money, not to do so before you've tested very good it on field.
Then you'll decide what to do... if opening it or not...and show us pictures or not.

I'm interested in your description of its working on the field much more than in its circuit or sensor.

Best regards,
Max
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2007, 06:38 PM

Default problemo

Hi Geo, I think you may have some problems with this detector. The case look's like it is plastic and unshielded. You will have the old "Dicky spy" problem I am sure. You may have to paint the case with conductive paint. And over this put some ally cooking foil. I believe some of these new LRL's are using valves ( tubes ) for better range and pinpointing. Does the case get hot. Does it use 60 volt battery. To see inside do not force open the case, may be booby trapped. Better to drill hole .5 inch and peer inside with torch.
Hope this has been some help
Old 10-25-2007, 06:56 PM

Default whaoooooooooooooooooooooo

go geo we are all with you I hope to be able to see a gold heap in this trend
Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 PM

Hi boys
I don’t think it is a good idea for now, Geo open the iconos.
He must complete first his tests, and if he is not satisfied, then try to open it.
Because in case of failure, he will always think that the problem could not be made, if he had not open it.
Geo try it to big targets, and inform us about distance and pinpointing.
GEORGE WE ARE WAITING .
Old 10-26-2007, 04:55 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Hi Geo, Thank you for your answers. just 3 other questions:
1- about the places where you're sure about existence of old buried golds, (that I guess is based on T-map) what target (size, ....) and in which depth is pointed in map( or based on stories)?
2- How was it beeping about repeatability and consistency standpoint? was it sharp?
haven't you encountered to "come & go" signal behavior?
3- What did cause you buy such detector abruptly? did you know of any other user experiences? if yes, share us with those.

Anyway don't forget to keep us informed.

Thanks again.
Hi Michael. I will try to answer.
1. There are 3 old villages (about 2500....2800 years ago). From time to time my friends found coins and rings and..... . So they know that in this place we found silver coins or there there are bronze coins ( everyday they do this work) etc. So i went with one friend and he told me where to looking and for what.
2. When you lock the object from long distance you have a slow beep etc beep..................beep......................be ep
As you are going near to the object the beep is faster beep.......beep etc.
Sorry i can't understand this "
haven't you encountered to "come & go" signal behavior??" my bad english
3.A friend want to find a tank with gold coins from 2nd world war so gave me the money and i bought it. I have the detector to try to know exactly how it work and then i will go for the coins (Olala).
Now i go for my job. If i forgot something write me and i will answer you.
My Regards
Old 10-26-2007, 05:55 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson View Post
Good contribution Geo

Has many people here, i m the one that is not completly shure jet if this devices really work. Many times i had the intention to make one of this, but still not shure if the efort will be rewarded.
So, any comments that you post here will be very helpfull to us.
Regards
Nelson
Hi Nelson.
As you see in this thread the only thing that i do is to transfer my experiences from this detector.
I want you to be sure that if i will find a treasure i will write you
Regards
Old 10-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post

I agree on this! Nobody suggest you to dismantle apparatus, just remove cover and take a shots. What is inside? Pcb with components,wires in air? Secret NASA project? Woodo baubles? Or wild cat?
People are (including me) interested to see inside of that device. One shot would do no harm. Nobody can do reverse e.e. according to one shot!
No offends Geo, but i do not beleive a word about device possibilities!
But since you are honest man i also do not beleive that you making up stories here. Only logical explanation is that you was baffled with some not so obvious things when tested it.
In the past same was with Mineoro, until somebody decided to open it,take shots and post in public. Later analyzing those peopler had possibillity to see that it was bogus from a start.
You can save a lot of people for wasting money buy closing this subject more to them. Or, other hands, if that device is workable for real, you can promote it even more....
I guess you dont want to confront with designer, your compatriot. Anyway decide it yourself...
Hi Robert. Maybe i forgot to tell you about the detector box. The detector is from wood, there is not any nail or screw on it..... so there is not way to open it and to see what is inside. At the bottom there are 3 screws, when i remove there, then open the battery box (4x9V) and nothing else. Sorry but i can't do anything else.
I can't tell you to "beleive or not a word about device possibilities!"
Now about me..... the only thing that i did is that i took a iconos and puted photos of it it here with my experiences (good or bad)
I have not any relation with Mineoro...... i never touched a mineoro detector. so don't mind me what they say about Mineoro.
I have not any reason to promote or not the Iconos. The only thing that i want is to find a large quantity of gold and nothing else.
Regards
Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi Geo,

I'm open to news... also LRL news ... and I'll be very happy if someone will demonstrate that a commercial device exist and can do for real what advertised like finding just gold and from great distance and in a reliable way.

Now on iconos-md's posts... if you read the "New gold locator!!!" thread you'll see that he posted the picture of below... with assertion that it was captured by a LeCroy 7100 etc instrument.

Rudy, Carl , JPlayer , me and others then focused on the fact that the picture was an artwork... a drawing... with big laughs too.

Iconos-md user told us about picoseconds detection and showed us a fake picture as proof that the unit (he said) works as advertised: the instrument has a real BW of 1GHz only... and rise time hundreds more the pS he say.

What to say... the fact he posted a fake picture doesn't automatically mean that the iconos device doesn't work... but is not a good advertise to people like me.

I'd like to see too the inside of device... but I suggest, if you bought it and spent lot of money, not to do so before you've tested very good it on field.
Then you'll decide what to do... if opening it or not...and show us pictures or not.

I'm interested in your description of its working on the field much more than in its circuit or sensor.

Best regards,
Max
Hi Max. As you see (and i wrote here) the only thing that i do is to transfer my experiences from iconos here.
There isn't any reason to me to apologise for the iconos company. I found a small plate of gold and i wrote it here. I wish me to find a big treasure and i have not any problem what Iconos says or what shows.
Iconos don't open (only if i destroy it) so NO i want it
Regards
Old 10-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert grady View Post
Hi Geo, I think you may have some problems with this detector. The case look's like it is plastic and unshielded. You will have the old "Dicky spy" problem I am sure. You may have to paint the case with conductive paint. And over this put some ally cooking foil. I believe some of these new LRL's are using valves ( tubes ) for better range and pinpointing. Does the case get hot. Does it use 60 volt battery. To see inside do not force open the case, may be booby trapped. Better to drill hole .5 inch and peer inside with torch.
Hope this has been some help
Hi. The case and the head are from wood.It work with 4 batteries 9V. No tube

NO...... I DONT OPEN IT
PLEASE
Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKOS View Post
Hi boys
I don’t think it is a good idea for now, Geo open the iconos.
He must complete first his tests, and if he is not satisfied, then try to open it.
Because in case of failure, he will always think that the problem could not be made, if he had not open it.
Geo try it to big targets, and inform us about distance and pinpointing.
GEORGE WE ARE WAITING .
Hi Drakos.
About distance...... i received a signal (beep) from 100m (the max until this time).
Regards
Old 10-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Guru

Hi Geo, thank you man.
my purpose of "come & go" signals is when you get a signal(beep) and you have it for a while and it fades out or disappears ( like what we have deal with mineoros) i.e. you don't get constant and repeatable signal like one conventional metal detector behaves on its' target.(repeatability and consistency).
Regards.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Default warranty

If you do decide to make hole, do it under where there is a label of some kind, so you do not make warranty void. Use a sharp pointed knife and just keep twisting while pressing in to the wood to make the hole. Later you can glue in a small disc of matching wood. If tubes are from Skoda car radio they will work on 6-12 volt. Conductive paint on wood for Dicky spy screen may start to crack after a while giving many false signals put on several coats. Try to find places where there are not many Dicky spy. Conductive paint for inside Guitar will work OK. If Tubes are getting hot you could fit small fan from computer. They have women in Australia who can crush beer can with bare breasts.