LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 08-30-2007, 05:35 AM

Thumbs up New Technique for Telluric Currents

From Estebans description of detecting a voltage potential,I did some more Google searching and found a very intriguing article.

It's entitled "Non-Contact stray Current Measurements in a Multi-line,Multi-Crossing Pipeline corridor" whereby the use of an Magnetometer is employed to detect both static and low frequency currents in buried Gas Pipelines.
Ok, so now we know the best way to detect the 'static' telluric currents or voltage potentials since as we all know it takes a current flowing thru a resistance to produce a voltage. And from the patent by Anthony Barringer discussed yesterday on the "some Considerations" thread, you can look at the frequency of the magnetic field as well. Speaking of which,I'm thumbing through a book I've been meaning to read called "Introduction to Geomagnetic Fields" by Wallace H. Campbell-1997 Cambridge University Press. In it on pg.158,fig.3.45- says that below 3hz is the domain of Geomagnetic fields. Above that is mostly from lightning or sferics,which is the frequency range barringer is using in patent #7,002,349 in paragraph 2,sentences 13-28.

I think were getting somewhere now thanks to Esteban sharing with us what he's detecting,i.e. spontaneous Polarization or voltage gradients. In S.P. the largest gradient is usually from Sulfide deposits which are an indicator of minerlization at depth. What the old German Miners referred to as an "Iron Hat" (Gossans).

Randy
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Guru

Interesting... So we find natural and man made noise above 3 Hz, but below 3 Hz we find geomagnetic fields. Hmmmm.... Makes you wonder if it would be good to build a programmable ELF receiver to look for those strong resonant EM fields described by Barringer. Perhaps an adjustable 4046 PLL with a crystal and a divider to set a stable reference base frequency?

Or maybe use esteban's idea of increasing sensitivity by using beat frequency to home in on these geomagnetic signals?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 08-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Interesting... So we find natural and man made noise above 3 Hz, but below 3 Hz we find geomagnetic fields. Hmmmm.... Makes you wonder if it would be good to build a programmable ELF receiver to look for those strong resonant EM fields described by Barringer. Perhaps an adjustable 4046 PLL with a crystal and a divider to set a stable reference base frequency?

Or maybe use esteban's idea of increasing sensitivity by using beat frequency to home in on these geomagnetic signals?

Best wishes,
J_P
Hi,
Yes... and a bit of lettuce... I think is the right way!

Then you can use your programmable ELFic powers to find gold.

Kind regards,
Max
Old 08-31-2007, 06:32 PM

Question Max

Max,

Forgetting about Esteban,have you looked at the 2 references I gave and had a chance to mull it over? These are done with standard physics and I'm kinda disapointed that more people haven't checked them out as it is the solution to what we've been discussing here since the beginning.
I guess people don't want to hear about using pure scientific means to accomplish the goal of Remote Sensing. Anthony Barringer has done it and done it well for over 4 decades starting with his INPUT system that was considered revolutionary at the time in the early 1960's. This is the culmination of all his work!

And the paper on using the Magnetometer to detect Telluric currents has proven to be the best way to go about this task without having to resort to rods in the ground. I thought people would have gotten excited,but only silence....the sound of crickets is hurting my hears.
With the exception of JP and now you,this thread fell flat as a pancake. I can't force people to use Scientific methods I can only share them with the group and it's up to them to either use it or continue to stumble around in the dark.

Randy
Old 08-31-2007, 06:53 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seden View Post
Max,

Forgetting about Esteban,have you looked at the 2 references I gave and had a chance to mull it over? These are done with standard physics and I'm kinda disapointed that more people haven't checked them out as it is the solution to what we've been discussing here since the beginning.
I guess people don't want to hear about using pure scientific means to accomplish the goal of Remote Sensing. Anthony Barringer has done it and done it well for over 4 decades starting with his INPUT system that was considered revolutionary at the time in the early 1960's. This is the culmination of all his work!

And the paper on using the Magnetometer to detect Telluric currents has proven to be the best way to go about this task without having to resort to rods in the ground. I thought people would have gotten excited,but only silence....the sound of crickets is hurting my hears.
With the exception of JP and now you,this thread fell flat as a pancake. I can't force people to use Scientific methods I can only share them with the group and it's up to them to either use it or continue to stumble around in the dark.

Randy
Hi Randy,
I know your intention is good and scientific approach too. Yes, this the way I think... but as you stated few peoples are really interested here on this topic... at least seems so.

Maybe too many fake informations discouraged people spending time in a serious approach to Remote Sensing.

I don't know... I feel the same in relation with the zahori circuit... that, of course, have nothing to do with what you posted.

I'll take a look more deeply asap.

Best regards,
Max
Old 09-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Guru

Hi Seden,

I would not expect Max to actually read any scientific reports. He has already established in an earlier post he is a real busy guy and does not have time to read a lot of science reports. He usually forms conclusions based on his initial reaction after reading a forum post.

But if you look at your post views, you will see your post did not go unnoticed. Most do not post replies because you are explaining science discoveries that they are just beginning to learn, and they are not yet familiar with this science enough to speak intelligently.

However, I have been reading some reports about earthquake prediction, and there are some recent discoveries that relate to the Telluric currents that Barringer talks about. Apparently scientists who study earthquake phenomena discovered that the rocks forming the earth's crust have properties not unlike semiconductors, and can generate considerable electric currents as well as chemical releases related to seismic movements.

While the goal of these scientists is earthquake prediction, their discoveries show that there are p-hole charge carriers that are activated by certain kinds of stress on the rock formations, and the results of this electrical activity is well documented as perturbations in the F-layer of the ionosphere for days before a seismic event occurs. These electric events that happen before a major seismic event are also concurrent with some strange animal behaviors that have been documented for centuries to occur a few days before an earthquake. Also I see evidence in their reports of a wide range of radio frequencies generated in relation to seismic activities, which are very distinct and different from the lightning noise which comes in much larger amounts.

This does not mean we need to wait for an earthquake to help us find treasure. But it is a VERY strong documented scientific basis for some of the telluric current anomalies that form in areas where stressed subterranean rock formations exist. And it also demonstrates some far-reaching secondary effects into the earth's electric field.

You can read some of these reports here:
http://www.scientificexploration.org...7.1_freund.pdf
http://www.pac.ne.jp/iugg2003/en/pro...am_id=015854-1

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ok, so now we know the best way to detect the 'static' telluric currents or voltage potentials since as we all know it takes a current flowing thru a resistance to produce a voltage.

Produce, yes, but not hold. Static voltages can exist as charge accumulations, which would have no current for a magnetometer to detect. Even the Earth's atmosphere at the surface can have a voltage gradient of a hundred volts per meter and a mag won't detect it, as there's no current flow due to the high resistance (kinda like living between the plates of a HV capacitor).

So the only way to detect voltage gradients with a mag is if they are due to (or produce) currents. And, you will have to be very close, no long-range ability with this method.

- Carl
Old 09-01-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Good clarification

Carl,

I guess that's why this is only used with the gas pipelines. Thanks for clearing that up.

Randy
Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 AM

Default Telluric currents

Hi Randy,

I was wondering if you have found anything new on Telluric prospecting for treasure. I was told there is an inventor out of Salt Lake that has a device that can find any metal once it's periodic table frequency is programmed into the receiver (gold being the main interest for us).\\

RT

Quote:
Max,

Randy
Old 06-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseTreasure View Post
Hi Randy,

I was wondering if you have found anything new on Telluric prospecting for treasure. I was told there is an inventor out of Salt Lake that has a device that can find any metal once it's periodic table frequency is programmed into the receiver (gold being the main interest for us).\\

RT
What do you mean by "it's periodic table frequency"?
I didn't know that such a thing existed.
Attached Images