Here and there and ewerywhere,
Oo Magnifico and compania.

Hir aj kom hir aj go
Hir aj muv hir aj gruv
Old 10-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
I was playing now with RC constance by variable capacitor and with straching the coil, so there is no big difference of the signals whose is catching. So the phenomenon most be here. By the way I was reading user manuel of one simultaneous device, so it's saying that device is working only from east to west or vice versa. What do you think Franco?
According to my experience (and others) the sensitivity is maximum in the north / south direction, minimum in the south / north direction and average in the east / west directions and vice versa. I think south of the equator turns in direction, that is, the maximum sensitivity in the south / north direction.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubulumach View Post
Done.

your lrl is working, now i need tuning to achieve long distance detection on small targets.
i am working at several projects not only yours in parallel. for example my signal analysis circuitry use 3 bargraph with 30 led diodes for gold threshold detection, while the best variant is 10 bar graphs or lcd screen.

polarity of detected incoming signal depend of input coil winding direction. it means in once case when your touch antenna with one hand or both, signal at output would decay, while in other case, will rise. it seems to me that gold signal noise is bipolar in nature.

Tell me does your lrl react only on gold and silver or also on minerals and valuable constituent ores.

I am novice in gold LRL-PD detection, so need reference manual how to search and detect gold with LRL-PD. If your like help me to find a gold.

I never forget good friends of mine. For 1000 kg gold wealth, 100 kg gold is nothing matter for my good friend who helped me to become a rich man.

Than you FrancoItaly.

BEST REGARDS
DUBULUMACH
As I said, I have little experience on real field research. However, I think the lrl are sensitive to almost all non-ferrous metals, certainly to the most interesting ones, that is gold, silver and copper.
As for the sensitivity to small objects, the only experience I have is the revelation of a brass cartridge about 1 m away and buried a few inches. I think the distance depends on both the target size and the burial time. The depth of detection is no doubt higher than that of the metal detectors, in fact many times I had a good signal from lrl but my metal detector was silent.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Guru

Thank you very much FrancoItaly.

Yes your lrl design is working and working excellent. Quartz version. I think you again have right. The distance depends on target size.

Soon i will finish hef4046 lrl version and try at test field.

Question, for you
Does at output of sensor stage, at collector T4 BC183c at point "X" should be pure sine signal like in quartz version, or impulse signal, or something else, and if yes sine, how to achive this ? How to tune and adjust hef4046 version ?

As i already have read at 4046 lrl thread, you have told lrl man Geo that his oscilloscope snapshoots are not good. Not valid. Would you like to draw correct oscilloscope signal waveforms at characteristic points of hef4046 lrl circuit. For example draw on paper, make snap with mobile phone and post here or more easy download attached picture and draw characteristic signals of yours tuned HEF4046 lrl, with windows paint program. I need these snapshoots because i all tuning and control i make with oscilloscope.

What is the best variant for hef4046 lrl antenna, coil or short-circuit stylus-whip antenna?

Sincerely
Dubulumach
Old 10-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Guru

Quote:
Thank you very much FrancoItaly.

Yes your lrl design is working and working excellent. Quartz version. I think you again have right. The distance depends on target size.

Soon i will finish hef4046 lrl version and try at test field.

Question,

Does at output of sensor stage, at collector T4 BC183c at point "X" should be pure sinius signal like in quartz version, or impulse signal, or something else, and if yes sinus, how to achive this ? How to tune and adjust hef4046 version ?

Sincerely
Dubulumach

It is difficult to observe the waveform at point X as the oscilloscope probe affects the amplitude of the signal. I suggest adding the TR5 stage (I'm referring to the 8mhz quartz version) and having as reference DC voltage, waveform is not important, also this output will be useful later for the comparison between phase variation and variations of amplitude. As for the 4046 I recommend using a frequency of 2.5Mhz, higher frequencies, to the limit of the chips possibilities (at least that in my obsession) cause an excessive absorption.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:50 AM
Guru

However I'm not in Italy and I do not have my own lab available, but I remember that in the sensor stage the oscilloscope was virtually inoperable. It concerns the type of antenna, is substantially equal, but the stylus antenna allows to increase the sensitivity only stretching it. You can also use multiple antennas connected together.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Guru

Thank you FrancoItaly

You thought adding the TR5 stage as emitter-follower to hef4046 version and take signal without rectification to input of phase comparator or something else like more amplification stage with grounded emitter bc183c ?

I have tested the Quartz version at my test polygon with seveal silver coins and small gold necklace 30 cm in deep, clean soil. I have got strong signal after tuning input coil inductance, about 2,5m - 3m from the targets. Both targets are at distance more than 1 m from each other. Other test via hand near the antenne 5-10 cm, signal drop at outpu of dc stage. I am using long aluminium handle, grounded to minus pole of battery, like in your lrl.

Multiple antennas connected together electrically each other or via small variable capacitors ?

About observation of waveforms at point X., no need for direct contact with point X, just put the sensitive high impenadance oscilloscope probe couple of milimeters near collector and waveform is at the screen withouth affecting amplitude of the signal.

I am thinking about some kind of AGC auto-gain-control circuit for oscillator quartz version, simple give so much attenuated signal from oscillator to base of TR2, untill we maintain some good detected signal level at output of rectification stage.

Does amplitude of detected phenomenon signal is dependent from the sorts of noble metals ? If yes THIS COULD BE USED TO MAKE SOME SORT OF DISCRIMINATION compare it with some initial values from silver and gold targets at given distance, using very precise dc voltmeter x.xxxxx precision instead of display stage.

Best regards
dubulumach
Old 10-17-2017, 11:15 AM
Guru

Quote:
Thank you FrancoItaly

You thought adding the TR5 stage as emitter-follower to hef4046 version and take signal without rectification to input of phase comparator or something else like more amplification stage with grounded emitter bc183c ?

I have tested the Quartz version at my test polygon with seveal silver coins and small gold necklace 30 cm in deep, clean soil. I have got strong signal after tuning input coil inductance, about 2,5m - 3m from the targets. Both targets are at distance more than 1 m from each other.

Multiple antennas connected together electrically each other or via small variable capacitors ?

About observation of waveforms at point X., no need for direct contact with point X, just put the sensitive high impenadance oscilloscope probe couple of milimeters near collector and waveform is at the screen withouth affecting amplitude of the signal.

Best regards
dubulumach
Good idea for scope measure. Multiple antennas are connected together electrically each other. It's only necessary to add the tr5 stage, no other changes for 4046 stage.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Guru

Thank you Francoitaly

Reread my previous post i have just updated it, with my new questions.

And yes, have a nice day, today.

Best regards
dubulumach
Old 10-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Guru

Quote:
Thank you FrancoItaly

I have tested the Quartz version at my test polygon with seveal silver coins and small gold necklace 30 cm in deep, clean soil. I have got strong signal after tuning input coil inductance, about 2,5m - 3m from the targets. Both targets are at distance more than 1 m from each other. Other test via hand near the antenne 5-10 cm, signal drop at outpu of dc stage. I am using long aluminium handle, grounded to minus pole of battery, like in your lrl.

I am thinking about some kind of AGC auto-gain-control circuit for oscillator quartz version, simple give so much attenuated signal from oscillator to base of TR2, untill we maintain some good detected signal level at output of rectification stage.

Does amplitude of detected phenomenon signal is dependent from the sorts of noble metals ? If yes THIS COULD BE USED TO MAKE SOME SORT OF DISCRIMINATION compare it with some initial values from silver and gold targets at given distance, using very precise dc voltmeter x.xxxxx precision instead of display stage.

Best regards
dubulumach

In my opinion, the quartz oscillator signal is already very stable and therefore no automatic amplitude control is required. The phenomenon simply causes an increase in signal output and it is not possible to obtain discrimination by observing only variations in amplitude, even in metal detectors, it is also important to consider the variations in phase amplitude as well as the variations in amplitude.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoItaly View Post
In my opinion, the quartz oscillator signal is already very stable and therefore no automatic amplitude control is required. The phenomenon simply causes an increase in signal output and it is not possible to obtain discrimination by observing only variations in amplitude, even in metal detectors, it is also important to consider the variations in phase amplitude as well as the variations in amplitude.
You haven't understood me FrancoItaly.

Not quartz oscillator amplitude control, but mixing amplitide control, which going from oscillator via several small serial capacitors 1pF to the base of tr2 bc183c. This place is main phenomenon detector.

Amount of oscillator signal is enough to suppress phenomenon signals which are bipolar in nature. In once case we have rising and in the other decaying control signal at the dc output of the sensor stage. In simple words mixing both signals - from the oscillator and phenomenon must be dynamically or variabile in accordance with some threshold of dc output amplitude.

We dont need suppression of phenomenon signal via constant amount of oscillator signal, nor undetected phenomenon signal. Mixing amplitude should be additive in some variabile values, small variabile offset, to maintain constant dc offset in some useful range for example from 3.05v - 3,75v at the output of sensor stage. We dont need overshooting or undershooting control dc volatge which is phenomenon amplitude modulated.

Best regards
dubulumach
Old 10-18-2017, 09:02 AM
Guru

Old 10-18-2017, 09:59 AM
Guru

Quote:
You haven't understood me FrancoItaly.

Not quartz oscillator amplitude control, but mixing amplitide control, which going from oscillator via several small serial capacitors 1pF to the base of tr2 bc183c. This place is main phenomenon detector.

Amount of oscillator signal is enough to suppress phenomenon signals which are bipolar in nature. In once case we have rising and in the other decaying control signal at the dc output of the sensor stage. In simple words mixing both signals - from the oscillator and phenomenon must be dynamically or variabile in accordance with some threshold of dc output amplitude.

We dont need suppression of phenomenon signal via constant amount of oscillator signal, nor undetected phenomenon signal. Mixing amplitude should be additive in some variabile values, small variabile offset, to maintain constant dc offset in some useful range for example from 3.05v - 3,75v at the output of sensor stage. We dont need overshooting or undershooting control dc volatge which is phenomenon amplitude modulated.

Best regards
dubulumach
My opinion does not change, in the mixing stage there is a "mixing" between two signals, one of constant amplitude (quartz oscillator) and the other of variable amplitude (the phenomenon) and I do not see how it can improve. It should also be borne in mind that even getting an increase in sensitivity to the phenomenon, at the same time it would almost certainly be a appearance of the compass effect.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Guru

Quote:
My opinion does not change, in the mixing stage there is a "mixing" between two signals, one of constant amplitude (quartz oscillator) and the other of variable amplitude (the phenomenon) and I do not see how it can improve. It should also be borne in mind that even getting an increase in sensitivity to the phenomenon, at the same time it would almost certainly be a appearance of the compass effect.
Francoitaly keep in mind that appearance of so called "the compass effect" is due to very high dc gain. Lower overal gain and lrl going out from "the compass effect". It is artificial effect made by us not the phenomenon.

Also, you have no proof that the phenomenon amplitude is variable at a given area of prospecting. Maybe phenomenon amplitude is mainly constant, while on some unknown way rise or decay amplitude and phase of oscillator. In my opinion phenomenon noise has unknown bipolar nature, very wide bandwidth and maybe have some unknown 3rd component which change both amplitude and phase of lrl reference signal.

There are only to ways imho to explain such odd manifestation of phenomenon signal at referenced oscillator signal. They are speed up or slow down charge carriers (electrons-holes) migration through the base-emitter juntion of tr2 bc183c transistor. It means increasing or decreasing emitter current of tr2.

We should easy monitoring this variations by simply puting current transformer around emmiter leg withouth affecting amplitude of the current, and amplify that tiny current by 3 lm358 op amps in the differential configuration.

The question is one: Does phenomenon signal or phenomenon noise is current or voltage dependent or both ?

Best regards
Dubulumach
Old 10-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Guru

Quote:
Francoitaly keep in mind that appearance of so called "the compass effect" is due to very high dc gain. Lower overal gain and lrl going out from "the compass effect". It is artificial effect made by us not the phenomenon.

Also, you have no proof that the phenomenon amplitude is variable at a given area of prospecting. Maybe phenomenon amplitude is mainly constant, while on some unknown way rise or decay amplitude and phase of oscillator. In my opinion phenomenon noise has unknown bipolar nature, very wide bandwidth and maybe have some unknown 3rd component which change both amplitude and phase of lrl reference signal.

There are only to ways imho to explain such odd manifestation of phenomenon signal at referenced oscillator signal. They are speed up or slow down charge carriers (electrons-holes) migration through the base-emitter juntion of tr2 bc183c transistor. It means increasing or decreasing emitter current of tr2.

We should easy monitoring this variations by simply puting current transformer around emmiter leg withouth affecting amplitude of the current, and amplify that tiny current by 3 lm358 op amps in the differential configuration.

The question is one: Does phenomenon signal or phenomenon noise is current or voltage dependent or both ?

Best regards
Dubulumach
The causes of the phenomenon are practically unknown, but I think the compass effect has much in common with the phenomenon. In fact I realized that the phenomenon was real when I realized that my lrl was sensitive to the compass effect. To make a comparison, imagine that lrl is a boat that navigates by following the current of a river (this current could be the solar wind flowing in the north / south direction). If there are no obstructions the boat will proceed regularly (there are no signals revealed by lrl). If there is an obstacle (a big rock) close to that point the current is no longer uniform and the boat is warned of a change (the lrl emits a signal). If the current is uniform but the boat changes direction even in this case you will notice a change and this is the equivalent of the compass effect. For this reason, I think it is very difficult to increase the sensitivity for a buried metal but not for the compass effect.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Guru

Quote:
The causes of the phenomenon are practically unknown, but I think the compass effect has much in common with the phenomenon. In fact I realized that the phenomenon was real when I realized that my lrl was sensitive to the compass effect. To make a comparison, imagine that lrl is a boat that navigates by following the current of a river (this current could be the solar wind flowing in the north / south direction). If there are no obstructions the boat will proceed regularly (there are no signals revealed by lrl). If there is an obstacle (a big rock) close to that point the current is no longer uniform and the boat is warned of a change (the lrl emits a signal). If the current is uniform but the boat changes direction even in this case you will notice a change and this is the equivalent of the compass effect. For this reason, I think it is very difficult to increase the sensitivity for a buried metal but not for the compass effect.

Everything new in fact had been long standing discovery, made long time ago before us, long standing in darkness of official ignorance.

My countryman Nikola Tesla had discovered same effect more than 100 years ago. Father of my grandpa had been asked by Tesla in 19th century to join him in his journey and electricity research in America. He had refused Tesla's offer. In that big country Tesla had revealed that he had made a number of surprising discoveries in the high frequency electric field and that, in the course of his extensive experiments, Tesla had become convinced that he propagated frequencies and electric fields at speeds higher than the speed of light.

Tesla showed all in his patent "ART OF TRANSMITTING ELECTRICAL ENERGY THROUGH THE NATURAL MEDIUM" No. 787,412, filed May 16, 1900, in America, that the current called by him telluric current of his magnifying transformer passed through the earth’s underground volume with a speed of 471,264 km/s, while radio waves proceed with the velocity of light.

Tesla holds however, that our present "tv and radio waves" are not in fact the true Hertzian waves, but really sound waves. He had informed us, that he many times in his experiments noticed, of speeds several times greater than that of light, and that he had successfully designed equipments with which he had been able to project charge carriers with a speed 3.14159/2 time faster that of the speed of light.

Now if you do some calc you will notice that time such telluric wave elapse through the entire planet to antinode point and come back in starting point is 11 Hz.

Well than remember latino american engineer Alonso and his discovery of phenomenon and square wave pulsing so called his "Ionic chamber" with frequency exactly 11Hz and all boulder dash will stand at right place in your world outlook.

"ART OF TRANSMITTING ELECTRICAL ENERGY THROUGH THE NATURAL MEDIUM" No. 787,412
https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tes...atural-mediums

Best Regards
Dubulumach
Old 10-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Guru

Quote:

Everything new in fact had been long standing discovery, made long time ago before us, long standing in darkness of official ignorance.

My countryman Nikola Tesla had discovered same effect more than 100 years ago. Father of my grandpa had been asked by Tesla in 19th century to join him in his journey and electricity research in America. He had refused Tesla's offer. In that big country Tesla had revealed that he had made a number of surprising discoveries in the high frequency electric field and that, in the course of his extensive experiments, Tesla had become convinced that he propagated frequencies and electric fields at speeds higher than the speed of light.

Tesla showed all in his patent "ART OF TRANSMITTING ELECTRICAL ENERGY THROUGH THE NATURAL MEDIUM" No. 787,412, filed May 16, 1900, in America, that the current called by him telluric current of his magnifying transformer passed through the earth’s underground volume with a speed of 471,264 km/s, while radio waves proceed with the velocity of light.

Tesla holds however, that our present "tv and radio waves" are not in fact the true Hertzian waves, but really sound waves. He had informed us, that he many times in his experiments noticed, of speeds several times greater than that of light, and that he had successfully designed equipments with which he had been able to project charge carriers with a speed 3.14159/2 time faster that of the speed of light.

Now if you do some calc you will notice that time such telluric wave elapse through the entire planet to antinode point and come back in starting point is 11 Hz.

Well than remember latino american engineer Alonso and his discovery of phenomenon and square wave pulsing so called his "Ionic chamber" with frequency exactly 11Hz and all boulder dash will stand at right place in your world outlook.

"ART OF TRANSMITTING ELECTRICAL ENERGY THROUGH THE NATURAL MEDIUM" No. 787,412
https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tes...atural-mediums

Best Regards
Dubulumach
Certainly the subject is vast, I know in a superficial way the findings and theories of Nikola Tesla and probably the phenomenon is also part of these. But I'm a simple hobbyist and all this is beyond my reach. The only thing we can do is proceed through attempts.
I have already tried to realize the "Ionic chamber" of Alonzo but with no results, however I remember that lrl was not only sensitive to gold but also to other metals ... like other lrl.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:36 AM

At least one transmitter should be added to allow the metal ions to form a halo
Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liudengyuand View Post
At least one transmitter should be added to allow the metal ions to form a halo
True
we want a simple transporter of three transistors
Old 10-20-2017, 10:58 PM

True
we want a simple transmitter of three transistors
Old 10-20-2017, 11:01 PM

Do you have friends with a circle of three transistor
Old 10-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Guru

Alonso's resonant gold leaf cavity SAW detector. Kind of tuning fork for Tesla's telluric currentas or phenomenon currents.

Phenomenon cause syrface acoustic waves in resonant cavity beat of 11Hz gold leaf resonant signal.

How to use SAW for detection small vibration of golden leaf
http://www2.nkfust.edu.tw/~jcyu/Pape..._for_the_d.pdf
Old 10-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Guru

Quote:

Alonso's resonant gold leaf cavity SAW detector. Kind of tuning fork for Tesla's telluric currentas or phenomenon currents.

Phenomenon cause syrface acoustic waves in resonant cavity beat of 11Hz gold leaf resonant signal.

How to use SAW for detection small vibration of golden leaf
http://www2.nkfust.edu.tw/~jcyu/Pape..._for_the_d.pdf
The topic is interesting but it's best to open a new thread as this is not a change to my lrl but a new achievement.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Guru

FrancoItaly

I have just came back from ancient earthed Roman town. Two phantoms - lrl quartz version with your original pcb layout, PI and VLF detector make part in my journey.

The first impressions - great place, unknown to many t.hunters. A lot of good signals with your phantom lrl , FrancoItaly. I like night prospecting and digging in full darkness. Lot of Roman bricks have dig out. Very probably ancient roman town or roman military fortress. The great number of lrl signals on some places 3 led diodes has full lit. With maximum dc amplification compass effect imminent. Also both lrl sensitive to ground with almost maximum amplification but without the compass effect.

Need further lowering sensitivity for normal prospecting. Dig up to 80cm with vlf DD sonde 38 cm , no usable signal. Also small 10 inch PI sonde not usable signal. Estimated target depth more than 1,5 meter in soil. The strong signal disappeared when the top of stylus-whip antenna was over tha possible target. Conclusion is very deep target, 3 led lit at full brightness. Scan area about 50cm in diameter with the hole of same size.

Francoitaly any idea how to G.E.B your phantom lrl - quartz version for fully rejecting highly mineralised Roman soil ?

How to estimate probably depth of gold and silver targets ?

ps. both lrl high tech tunned only for gold and silver coins at test polygon 30 cm deep before any prospecting job.

ps.1 posted alonso gold leaf cavity resonantor at 11hz because need additional modification of your lrl with some useful type of discrimination noble targerts.

ps.2 i have forgot to say about 10-12 UFOs tracked my activity from the safe distance. Maybe your lrl on some unknown ways ineract with alien hi-tech equipment in their space ships ? 10-12 UFOs all have been highly orange illuminated. In my oppinion they are very big space cruisers. All till the one flew without any hearing noise. I bet in 1 kg gold all ships have full invisibility to human eyes spectrum.

ps.3 What do you think about attaching alonso golden leaf ionic chamber to your lrl and pulsing the leaf with estimated telluric underground Tesla waves about 11 times in second ? Alonso's magnetic copper loop antenna is very interesting to be attached at front end input of your lrls, both versions - pll and quartz instead stylus-ship antenna and tunned for resonance in 120-140mhz band.

Francoitaly, i think we need some kind of antenna / coil stimulator for your passive rf sniffer, like it was for example in form of alonso's golden leaf ionic chamber and which is also implemented in Mineoro 2000 special series lrls.

for example

here instead not useful ionization chamber draw Alonso's pulsed golden leaf resonant cavity chamber. it is similar like RF resonant cavity thruster - NASA microwave cavity engine. In Alonso's case instead RF, resonator use Tesla telluric waves which produce surface acoustic waves of golden leaf resonator. i think dimesnions are very important for correct functioning lrl device.

remember that australian rangertell lrl use same very low frequency pulsing frontend rangertell antenna using close proxmity inductive coupling from texas instruments digital calculator with square wave pulses. Pulsing with sqw has a lot harmonics and very possible some of 11hz overtones hit the proper combination for saw waves sync.

Regards from ancient Roman fortress - probably with lot of golden coins.
Dubulumach
Old 10-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Guru

Quote:
FrancoItaly

I have just came back from ancient earthed Roman town. Two phantoms - lrl quartz version with your original pcb layout, PI and VLF detector make part in my journey.

The first impressions - great place, unknown to many t.hunters. A lot of good signals with your phantom lrl , FrancoItaly. I like night prospecting and digging in full darkness. Lot of Roman bricks have dig out. Very probably ancient roman town or roman military fortress. The great number of lrl signals on some places 3 led diodes has full lit. With maximum dc amplification compass effect imminent. Also both lrl sensitive to ground with almost maximum amplification but without the compass effect.

Need further lowering sensitivity for normal prospecting. Dig up to 80cm with vlf DD sonde 38 cm , no usable signal. Also small 10 inch PI sonde not usable signal. Estimated target depth more than 1,5 meter in soil. The strong signal disappeared when the top of stylus-whip antenna was over tha possible target. Conclusion is very deep target, 3 led lit at full brightness. Scan area about 50cm in diameter with the hole of same size.

Francoitaly any idea how to G.E.B your phantom lrl - quartz version for fully rejecting highly mineralised Roman soil ?

How to estimate probably depth of gold and silver targets ?

ps. both lrl high tech tunned only for gold and silver coins at test polygon 30 cm deep before any prospecting job.

ps.1 posted alonso gold leaf cavity resonantor at 11hz because need additional modification of your lrl with some useful type of discrimination noble targerts.

ps.2 i have forgot to say about 10-12 UFOs tracked my activity from the safe distance. Maybe your lrl on some unknown ways ineract with alien hi-tech equipment in their space ships ? 10-12 UFOs all have been highly orange illuminated. In my oppinion they are very big space cruisers. All till the one flew without any hearing noise. I bet in 1 kg gold all ships have full invisibility to human eyes spectrum.

ps.3 What do you think about attaching alonso golden leaf ionic chamber to your lrl and pulsing the leaf with estimated telluric underground Tesla waves about 11 times in second ? Alonso's magnetic copper loop antenna is very interesting to be attached at front end input of your lrls, both versions - pll and quartz instead stylus-ship antenna and tunned for resonance in 120-140mhz band.

Francoitaly, i think we need some kind of antenna / coil stimulator for your passive rf sniffer, like it was for example in form of alonso's golden leaf ionic chamber and which is also implemented in Mineoro 2000 special series lrls.

for example

here instead not useful ionization chamber draw Alonso's pulsed golden leaf resonant cavity chamber. it is similar like RF resonant cavity thruster - NASA microwave cavity engine. In Alonso's case instead RF, resonator use Tesla telluric waves which produce surface acoustic waves of golden leaf resonator. i think dimesnions are very important for correct functioning lrl device.

remember that australian rangertell lrl use same very low frequency pulsing frontend rangertell antenna using close proxmity inductive coupling from texas instruments digital calculator with square wave pulses. Pulsing with sqw has a lot harmonics and very possible some of 11hz overtones hit the proper combination for saw waves sync.

Regards from ancient Roman fortress - probably with lot of golden coins.
Dubulumach
As I have already said I do not have much experience in research so I do not know if you can evaluate the depth of the buried metal. The fact that the signal disappears on the vertical of the target is normal. I have never experienced a disturbance of the ground but rather a sky effect, ie the appearance of a signal by lowering or raising the lrl. However this effect is connected to the compass effect and disappear together by lowering the gain. As for the coil stimulator my first functioning lrl in practice it was a PI, a 60Khz pulse oscillator excited a resonant coil at about 5Mhz, the receiving coil, arranged perpendicularly to reduce the signal. The signal of the receiving coil and that of the antenna (V-shaped) were mixed in a toroidal transformer and sent to amplifier and sampler stages. The transmitter coil was the same as the oscillator at 8Mhz in my last lrl but according to me it was not useful for operation, or at least it is more complicated to realize and to fine-tune. We can say that the first exemplar of lrl built by Alonzo was a commercial metal detector modified with the addition of a ferrite coil, which was the receiving antenna. In my opinion, all lrls are of a passive type and no signal is transmitted, there may be some kind of filter to highlight gold but I have doubts about their effectiveness.