LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 10-02-2017, 10:08 PM

Hello guys,
kaligula, I advise another testing franko to you. You try to change the display stage with digital, such as voltmeter or uC.
So you set threshold over zero, maybe 50 mv by POT.
Now you must find real treasure environment. You will see some where you have negative sensing and other where positive sensing.
This is advantage of franko.

Best regards
Old 10-03-2017, 03:39 AM

I have voltmeter. It is connected to end of display stage, so the pots don't have roll for voltmeter. In my test poligon in open environment I have sky and compass effect. At aluminum target I think voltage goes down. My little gold target maybe is catching, but I'm not sure because there are and other signals around. Is catching some strong signal far away on southwest. I'll try it to other place where i think there is real target so we'll see
Old 10-03-2017, 01:13 PM

Old 10-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Guru

Thank you Mr Hadi , pls show us with a picture the exact point where we connect the

voltmeter in the display stage .

you told (pots don't have roll for voltmeter) you means the two potentiometers ??
Old 10-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdou2014 View Post
Thank you Mr Hadi , pls show us with a picture the exact point where we connect the

you told (pots don't have roll for voltmeter) you means the two potentiometers ??
You 're asking me?
Old 10-03-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
I have voltmeter. It is connected to end of SENSOR stage, so the pots don't have roll for voltmeter. In my test poligon in open environment I have sky and compass effect. At aluminum target I think voltage goes down. My little gold target maybe is catching, but I'm not sure because there are and other signals around. Is catching some strong signal far away on southwest. I'll try it to other place where i think there is real target so we'll see

I made correction
Old 10-03-2017, 08:50 PM

I mean the P1 potentiometer.
You surely find in real target some sensing.

https://ibb.co/dtA0Vb
Old 10-03-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadi View Post
I mean the P1 potentiometer.
You surely find in real target some sensing.

https://ibb.co/dtA0Vb
Voltmeter, if you put it in display stage than it will be controlled by pots, but if you put it at emitter of tr5 in sensor stage than you cannot increase or decrease voltage by pots. It will be static and only when phenomenon is catched( or sky or compass effect) voltage will change
Old 10-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Guru

thank you for reply , I think you can not catch the phenomenon by connecting voltmeter at emitter of tr5 , you need more gain for that , i think we need fast stretcher , what do you think Mr Franco ?
Old 10-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Guru

Quote:
thank you for reply , I think you can not catch the phenomenon by connecting voltmeter at emitter of tr5 , you need more gain for that , i think we need fast stretcher , what do you think Mr Franco ?
As I have said many times when there is the compass effect this means that the gain is enough, however I do not really like the use of the voltmeter.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoItaly View Post
As I have said many times when there is the compass effect this means that the gain is enough, however I do not really like the use of the voltmeter.
Voltmeter is good to be connected to the out of sensor stage. First reason is that you can evidence and negative signals when voltage drops on some places. The second is that with voltmeter you can exactly find signal peak. If there is compass or sky effect you can't reduce it with potentiometers. You can reduce it in display stage, but not in sensor stage. By the way, I connected mine trough one transistor c945 and voltage goes from 4,44 v to 6,7v. My problem is that voltmeter is working at voltage s bigger than 4,2v so at 4,44v there is not good visibility on sun, and if voltage drops the voltmeter goes off
Old 10-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Last pcb and parts

Hello to all, i want to construct this lrl and if it is possible i want the latest pcb and parts list because i am confused.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VECTROUM View Post
Hello to all, i want to construct this lrl and if it is possible i want the latest pcb and parts list because i am confused.

Thanks in advance
The sensor stage:

http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...postcount=1608

For other sections (power and display) there are several possibilities. For power supply I would recommend two 9V series batteries + 7812 that provides 12V stabilized.

For display stage I suggest the 3 leds version and change P2 from 470K to 1M and R1 from 150K to 56K, P1 from 22k to 4.7K and add 2 x 8.2K resistances, one from +12V and P1 and the other from ground and P1. The purpose is to make more easy the threshold operation but depending on the output value of the sensor stage you have to change the 8.2K resistances, i.e 10k/6.8K or 15k/4.7k or others.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf displayStage.pdf (263.0 KB, 918 views)
File Type: pdf Power display stage(1led).PDF (299.7 KB, 767 views)
Old 10-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Guru

Mr Franco you said ( when there is the compass effect this means that the gain is enough )
After you said we must ( change P2 from 470K to 1M and R1 from 150K to 56K ) this change increases the gain ???
Old 10-05-2017, 07:50 PM

The device is OK. Nothing does not need to change. If the signal from compass effect is existing the device will register it. So you'll search with your back to north and you'll not have compass effect. If you reduce sensitivity to turn off leds on compass effect than your device will not register other signals weaker than compass effect. If you're replace parts in sensor stage to reduce sensitivity the effect is the same. But my question is does it detect gold with stability and by reducing sensitivity to can pinpoint it. I'll test it soon
Old 10-05-2017, 07:57 PM

By the way, display is good to can isolate different signal. For example some signal is starting from south, goes to west. Next to him other signal or compass effect is starting from west and goes to north. With display you can exactly see where signal starts, where is his peak and after that is getting weaker. Next to him is starting other signal or compass effect and voltage again goes up, so I think display is good visual help.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Guru

Quote:
Mr Franco you said ( when there is the compass effect this means that the gain is enough )
After you said we must ( change P2 from 470K to 1M and R1 from 150K to 56K ) this change increases the gain ???
Yes this change increases the gain, it can happen that with the original values do not have the compass effect and therefore the gain is insufficient.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Guru

Quote:
By the way, display is good to can isolate different signal. For example some signal is starting from south, goes to west. Next to him other signal or compass effect is starting from west and goes to north. With display you can exactly see where signal starts, where is his peak and after that is getting weaker. Next to him is starting other signal or compass effect and voltage again goes up, so I think display is good visual help.
I agree that the display has the maximum sensitivity but it takes a lot of skill to distinguish good signals from the compass effect. According to my experience it is best to adjust the gain so that it does not have the compass effect, so we are sure that every signal is only due to buried metal and the lesser sensitivity is reduced only to a smaller distance of revelation, for example if a silver coin is revealed at 5m with the display and at 4m without the display this does not affect the performance as in the second case the search speed is higher without having to look at the display continuously.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Guru

I had the compass effect with the original values , this is not the essential, you said ( 4m without the display ) explain me with which indicator ?
Thank you !
Old 10-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Guru

Quote:
I had the compass effect with the original values , this is not the essential, you said ( 4m without the display ) explain me with which indicator ?
Thank you !

for display I mean analog indication (analog voltmeter) or led bar opposite to 1 led or 3 led of my original design. I think that with 3 leds you already have a full indication.
Of course if your lrl is sensitive to the compass effect it means that the gain is enough.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:51 PM

Explain what is the compass effect, how does it manifest it?
Old 10-06-2017, 05:55 PM

I don't know what to say. Today I was at terrain and test the Franco Italy lrl and pdk a13. Pdk is not registring nothing. Franco Italy lrl at north is registering compass effect. At west there were big transmition line, and is registering and them. At place where is supposed to has buried big target is not registering nothing

https://image.ibb.co/izTsDw/dalekovo...1220112343.jpg
Old 10-06-2017, 07:59 PM

Smile

But what if on appearance of phenomenon signal voltage goes down. Few times I
though that something is wrong with my battery connector because the display is going off at 4,2 volts at the point of supposed target
Old 10-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Guru

Quote:
But what if on appearance of phenomenon signal voltage goes down. Few times I
though that something is wrong with my battery connector because the display is going off at 4,2 volts at the point of supposed target
"supposed target" it is not the best test, you have to bury for example silver objects in a land free from metals, best first pass with the metal detector. After 1 month or more the phenomenon is noticeable.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:35 AM
Guru

Thank you Mr.Carl-NC for registering me on longrangelocators.com.

Hello Mr.FrancoItaly and all.

I was reading this FrancoItaly's thread from the first page and i have decided to try my luck.
I wish to replicate Mr.FrancoItaly's long range locator based on HEF4046 pll ic.

Please, Mr.FrancoItaly send me your pcb for pll 4046 lrl.
A am asking this simply because nobody succeed to make accurate 4046 pcb which work including Mr.Geo from Greece, which also has failed to tune his 4046 pll. I repeat Mr.FrancoItaly's words that "at output of preamplifier stage in that point "X" , exactly at collector of TR4, there need to be perfect sinus wave, not distorted sinus or any other forms".

Pleae Mr.Franco send me pcb here, or via email and please tell me how to tune your 4046 pll from fisrt step till the end, and test it on my test polygon where i have some silver and golden targets at 30 cm deep, about two years ago placed there.

my email is
boem987@gmail.com

Sincerely
Dubulumach