LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Does anybody understand this statement? Because it has me flummoxed.
Mr. Blanes has the gift of incomprehensible writing, which is quite useful when you are trying to avoid providing real answers. It's as if the only reason that inexperience can be justified as a tool for lack of compatibility with a product that was hailed a qualifier in performance with the demise of suitable results, and then some.

Ouch, that one hurt.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangertell View Post

No. It's RT's. There is a difference.

Electrical charge. Millivolts passing through left and right arms.

Not available to answer questions except via email.

RTL&ES
What is this "Not available to questions except via email"?
Being this is a "unfriendly" forum to LRL salesmen or a skeptics forum, what a good opportunity not only to educate us skeptics but the rest of the world about how your product works.....unless you have something to hide
:l ol:.
Let's get a test setup for this Ranger, put it under cameras for the whole world to see how it works, I can bet you one thing, if there were questions about a Whites detector, it would be shown under given perimeters to be able to detect metals.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangertell
Electrical charge. Millivolts passing through left and right arms.

Not available to answer questions except via email.
RTL&ES

Originally Posted by Qiaozhi
How do you think this voltage is being generated, and what relevance does it have for treasure hunting?
Please elucidate us.
I can recall something about millivolts and hands associated with the Ranger Tell Examiner. I once read a report made by a Ranger Tell user on the Ranger Tell Website where the user said he believes it is necessary for the user (operator) to hold the Ranger Tell in his hand because his body completes a circuit between the Ranger Tell and the ground.

My first thought was that if his statement was correct, then he is collecting the atmospheric charge from the atmosphere in the manner of a lightning rod, but without the lightning. Thus, any small variance in the atmospheric charge in the vicinity of the Ranger Tell antenna would have a path to ground through the operator's body. I imagined that on an average day, we would see some fraction of a microamp of atmospheric current leaking to ground through a person's body, which could vary greatly depending on the weather, humidity, etc.

As we recall, hung looked to the Rangertell web site to find an alternative way to connect a DMM to the Ranger Tell without opening the enclosure. The method he used included handling the probes with his hands while trying to read the millivolts on the Rangertell. The meter error may well have included readings of some of the atmospheric charge in the air trying to leak to ground as well as other man-made electrical interferences.

But now we hear the explanation that there is are millivolts passing through the right and left arms. I suppose millivolts don't really pass anywhere, since they are simply a voltage potential. Perhaps Rangertell meant to say that microamps pass through the right and left arms as indicated by a different millivolt potential in either arm. If this is his meaning, then we can conclude that his belief is that different people have varying abilities to pass current (or charge) through their bodies when measured through the right and left arm. In other words, The human organism is able to generate either a charge or a resistance that will help or hinder the movement of atmospheric charge that can flow through his right or left arm to ground.

I suppose when you set a DMM to the millivolt scale and connect the leads between your arm and a Ranger Tell, you will have perfect evidence of the millivolt variations, which will even vary more as ojects are moved around the operator with the meter connected to his hands. I would also expect to see more variations as the meter leads swing through the air from their dangling position, moving to and fro from the operator's body.

At this point, my discussion of millivolts and microamps enters the abyss of speculation, as neither Rangertell or I have shown any substance to suppoort the following theoretical possibilities.
1. The small amount of charge which flows through all things on the surface of the earth will tend to favour easy paths to ground, including pointed conductors, and any conductor as opposed to an insulator. Thus a person holding a Ranger Tell would appear to be a favourable path when compared to a plastic pipe the same height from the ground. But when we consider the varying polarities of people as explained by Rangertell, some people will have more favourable characteristics than others. Only a few rare exceptions will be people who block this movement of charge.
2. Since it has been stated that the Ranger Tell must be calibrated to the person, this would further indicate that each person is seen differently by the Ranger Tell apparatus.
3. The calculator buttons, while not physically capable of changing the frequency of the clock or strobes inside the calculator, must somehow identify and discriminate the target material. (This is a strange one to understand). In addition, any power that is broadcast from the calculator will find it's strongest transients in the area of the display drivers, which are still extremely small in RF broadcast terms. If these transients were to be broadcast, then they would need perhaps an RF power stage and a way to couple the power output to an antenna, which does not seem to exist in the Ranger Tell. Perhaps micro-transients from the display drivers are being sensed by the operator, and further influencing the charge passing through his right arm?

I s'pose it's time to stop speculating. The theoretical possibilities of how it works are endless.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
Locate a digital volt meter. Put the range selector at the lowest (millivolt) range. Plug test leads into the meter and grasp the bare tips of the test leads (one for each hand) between your thumb and forefinger. If there is an indication of some kind, regardless of polarity --you are good to go, and there is nothing wrong with "you".
Is that AC or DC? Which hand should I hold the positive lead in? Is this safe, or should I wear full body armor ?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
Yes. I'm trough with my RT expanations and I did not post anything anymore about it after I said I wouldn't. My intention was only help CC.

Now for the amusement skeptics like you produce, this is priceless. That's why I'm still in geotech after all those years.

Unfortunately I have to leave now as today is my birthday and there's a party waiting for me.
it's incredible today is my birthday too happy birthday hung for me is 35 and you?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
Is that AC or DC? Which hand should I hold the positive lead in? Is this safe, or should I wear full body armor ?
AC or DC??? Doesn't matter, try both.

Which hand for the positive lead? Doesn't matter. The polarity displayed will be whatever minute charge of static electricity you happen to have at the time, and will vary drastically.

Is it safe, or should you wear body armor?

I like someone with a good sense of humor.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:08 PM

Static electricity would always vary, not only person to person but probably with the kind of shoes someone wears and weather conditions.
Maybe hook up the Ranger to a model T spark coil and it is no telling how far it will detect.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Guru

HUNG:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Guru

PUTRECHIGI:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Does anybody understand this statement? Because it has me flummoxed.
.................................................. .....................

Since I have not posted on Carl's forum until now, and this only to arrange a replacement for CC, I was not aware editing was limited to one hour after posting.

I was editing it to "It's a serious concern I'm glad 99% of people perceive as a scientific first." when I received the editing time's up message.

I am not available to answer questions because I am in transit and have only an email mobile not a laptop. Or did you think the smilie was throwing a V sign? Also , the entire question of LRLs has been exhaustively analyzed in forums from 2002-2005. There is no nuance possible that isn't just another bashing of a product or concept by those who haven't seen or used one. You can lead a horse to water, but believe me, from a complete analysis of this skeptical phenomenon, the animal won't drink. I am not going to try and convince it again. It has a nasty habit of kicking when confronted with the truth.

Unfortunately, any incomprehensible writing has a logical answer if one considers it from outside the skeptical box that too much idle negation creates.

As far as arranging movie treatment of the Examiner, this is amply shown on the CD that accompanies the product. There is no scam when refunds are cheerfully given. Anyone who knows LRLs would laugh at the movie idea since the only guarantee no-one is moving the unit subtly is for a user to try it himself. Any film, and there have been attempts, have been met with complete skepticism. Any scientific report has always been a setup in the eyes of skeptics. Try it and decide for yourself is the only answer.

I doubt CC has a polarity problem. Very few people do. Basically the aerial formed by the human body needs to lie between normal parameters. You can use a millivolt meter to determine this by holding the ends but we prefer to use the Examiner itself.

I have tried to answer your questions via PM where possible.

Byeya!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in MS View Post
What is this "Not available to questions except via email"?
Being this is a "unfriendly" forum to LRL salesmen or a skeptics forum, what a good opportunity not only to educate us skeptics but the rest of the world about how your product works.....unless you have something to hide
:l ol:.
Let's get a test setup for this Ranger, put it under cameras for the whole world to see how it works, I can bet you one thing, if there were questions about a Whites detector, it would be shown under given perimeters to be able to detect metals.
-------------------------------
Since I have not posted on Carl's forum until now, and this only to arrange a replacement for CC, I was not aware editing was limited to one hour after posting.

I was editing it to "It's a serious concern I'm glad 99% of people perceive as a scientific first." when I received the editing time's up message.

I am not available to answer questions because I am in transit and have only an email mobile not a laptop. Or did you think the smilie was throwing a V sign? Also , the entire question of LRLs has been exhaustively analyzed in forums from 2002-2005. There is no nuance possible that isn't just another bashing of a product or concept by those who haven't seen or used one. You can lead a horse to water, but believe me, from a complete analysis of this skeptical phenomenon, the animal won't drink. I am not going to try and convince it again. It has a nasty habit of kicking when confronted with the truth.

Unfortunately, any incomprehensible writing has a logical answer if one considers it from outside the skeptical box that too much idle negation creates.

As far as arranging movie treatment of the Examiner, this is amply shown on the CD that accompanies the product. There is no scam when refunds are cheerfully given. Anyone who knows LRLs would laugh at the movie idea since the only guarantee no-one is moving the unit subtly is for a user to try it himself. Any film, and there have been attempts, have been met with complete skepticism. Any scientific report has always been a setup in the eyes of skeptics. Try it and decide for yourself is the only answer.

I doubt CC has a polarity problem. Very few people do. Basically the aerial formed by the human body needs to lie between normal parameters. You can use a millivolt meter to determine this by holding the ends but we prefer to use the Examiner itself.

I have tried to answer your questions via PM where possible.

Byeya!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Locate a digital volt meter. Put the range selector at the lowest (millivolt) range. Plug test leads into the meter and grasp the bare tips of the test leads (one for each hand) between your thumb and forefinger. If there is an indication of some kind, regardless of polarity --you are good to go, and there is nothing wrong with "you".

The excuse that an operator may not carry enough of a body charge or the wrong polarity is such a very old and tired excuse. Claude Cochran and Carl Anderson were using this same lame excuse over 30 years ago. Is it any wonder that Vincent Blanes would have adopted it and is still using it today. It was a ruse and a cop out decades ago, and it still is today. Surprising? No. Vincent Blanes hasn't had an original idea yet, and it's a little late in the game to start with brand new innovations.

The idea of disguising a regular dowsing wand with attached do-nothing electronic gadgets is hardly new and innovative. That snake oil trick has been around for a very long time; and for good reason, because there is still a very small number of folks that can be taken in by it.

Just before I go I though I'd make one thing clear to those that don't know. The post above by Theseus uses Dell's picture without his permission. It is Sam's writing style (e.g.'Lay's chips..' he used all the time, 'melding' in earlier posts also) yet it could also be Carl. Evidence that Sam was Carl.

In brief , it is either Sam or Carl yet it is Theseus, and using Dell's website picture. So what have we here?

Dishonesty!! Pure and simple. I would not believe anything written here or in Carl's reports. Particularly anything to do with Rangertell, it's staff, LRL concepts that are not RT's but generic etc.

Everyone knows that there is a difference between the left and right anatomy that assists in laying a base frequency for an LRL. What a coincidence that Sam and Carl are left-handed, and an ex-NASA engineer told me they cannot use LRLs. Lefties have problems because of the polarity difference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confucius say: "Man with wide brush red face"
Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Guru

Quote:
The post above by Theseus uses Dell's picture without his permission. It is Sam's writing style ('Lay's chips..'he used all the time) yet it could also be Carl.

In brief , it is either Sam or Carl yet it is Theseus, and using Dell's website picture. So what have we here?
Ask Dell: he used a picture IN HIS AVATAR that wasn´t his , for months.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Guru

Quote:

Just before I go I though I'd make one thing clear to those that don't know.
Since saying you couldn't answer questions here, and telling us all you can't stick around, you've made more postings than some members have in the entire forum.

I guess this forum really is very captivating, isn't it Vincent.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Guru

Default The old “try it for yourself” trick

Vincent said; “Anyone who knows LRLs would laugh at the movie idea since the only guarantee no-one is moving the unit subtly is for a user to try it himself.”

As obvious and seemingly innocuous a suggestion as this statement might appear; it is really one of the oldest tricks in the LRL salesman’s bag of tricks. (Could we have expected anything else.) It has been used countless times, even before Vincent could spell LRL.

For example, here is the same trick, but coming from a different Wallet-miner: “If you wish to determine if MFD will work for you, bend a pair of L-Rods from coat hangers, wire, or Brass welding rods. Lay a garden hose on the ground and turn on the water. Hold the rods parallel with each other and the ground and walk across the garden hose. If there is no interference the rods will react by crossing and aligning themselves with the electrical/magnetic field generated by the water running through the garden hose.”

There is no need in identifying the author of that little deception-laced ruse since most all of you already know his identity.

My point is, these little don’t take my word for it, “try it for yourself” tricks, are nothing more than an exercise in mind (thought) manipulation. They are done for the express purpose of getting the “mark” to sell themselves on the idea that real external physical forces are causing the L-rod to move, and the operator couldn’t stop it if they wanted to. Of course the operation of the trick depends completely on an ideomotor response from the operator, but the “mark” is totally unaware they are being played for a fool by one of the oldest cons in the world. And, as is evidenced by a few here, once the “mark” has experienced the “dowsing sensation” (not knowing or understanding the ideomotor effect behind it) they become a devoted believer with virtually an unshakable belief that signal lines and strange unexplainable (as yet undiscovered) physical forces are totally responsible for all L-rod movement.

Naturally they are dead wrong, but that fact never seems to sink in right away – if ever.

Plus, as has been pointed out before, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, most “believer/practitioners” will not sway from their convoluted and erroneous thinking, about what really causes all dowsing contraptions to operate. Therefore, these folks become excellent targets for the LRL Wallet-miners, and easily succumb to the tried and true “try it for yourself” gag.

You would think the Wallet-miners would come up with a new scheme every now and again, but I suppose there really is no need to if the old tricks still work.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 02-09-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Since saying you couldn't answer questions here, and telling us all you can't stick around, you've made more postings than some members have in the entire forum.

I guess this forum really is very captivating, isn't it Vincent.

Take care!

C.T.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:33 AM

Ranger, the only problem with the video that comes with your product is that it is a promotional.
Surely it would have nothing but praise for your product and nothing about its limitations, false signals or the effectiveness of your product.
I will have to give you one credit however, if you truly offer a money back refund (is that full money back?) for those who can't make it work for them.
There are two lingering questions though and this is not a "bash",
does it locate metals and if so under what conditions?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
. I was editing it to "It's a serious concern I'm glad 99% of people perceive as a scientific first." when I received the editing time's up message.
Unfortunately, your modified statement is still gobbledygook.

Quote:
You can say that again!
It's as if the words have converged to say whatever they mean.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:

Confucius say: "Man with wide brush red face"
Confucius said a lot of things, but he never said that.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Vincent said; “Anyone who knows LRLs would laugh at the movie idea since the only guarantee no-one is moving the unit subtly is for a user to try it himself.”
This is the whole crux of the problem. The ideomotor effect is very compelling, and leads to a self-deception that is difficult to undo.

This is why such pursuits as ouija boards, table tipping and pendulums were such common practice is Victorian times. Even today, when we should be more enlightened, such pseudo-scientific nonsense is still present.
Dowsing is a good example.

As Einstein said:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Old 02-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Everyone knows that there is a difference between the left and right anatomy that assists in laying a base frequency for an LRL. What a coincidence that Sam and Carl are left-handed, and an ex-NASA engineer told me they cannot use LRLs. Lefties have problems because of the polarity difference.
There is a high probability that you have shot yourself in the foot with this statement. I would bet there are many left-handed dowsers out there who would disagree with you.

It just demonstrates how nonsensical this has become.

Yoda: "Many problem with sentence construction you have."
Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Guru

Quote:
There is a high probability that you have shot yourself in the foot with this statement. I would bet there are many left-handed dowsers out there who would disagree with you.

I agree. I can't believe all dowsers, or operators of LRLs are all right-handed. What would that have to do with anything anyway? I fail to see the connection.

Also, I didn't know Carl was a lefty. Did you know that? And, who is Sam and why does it matter if he is a lefty? As long as we are pulling names out of the thin air; what about Frank and Tim and Jim and Ted and Mary and Sue and Clyde and Karl and Lewis? Vincent, I'll bet there are plenty of other names you left out that are left-handed, and now they feel real bad they can't ever make an LRL work. Yeah, right! (Actually, all they really have to do is walk over a garden hose with bent coat hanger and trust me it will work fine for them.)

Vincent, do you have any idea how ludicrous and stupid you sound? And, all in a failed attempt to convince those here that you are NOT selling a scam dowsing rod. You should really be ashamed of yourself.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Guru

Quote:

Take care!

C.T.
You just can't quite leave, can you.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:

------
Just keeping you on your toes. New Paragraph needed. Not sentence construction error. Unfortunately the language has no stress character sans italics.

Your Very Own LRL IQ test

Re some facts placed before you as pearls are before......? Q.1.

Q.1A If a company/guy sells 1000 units and attracts perfect feedback except from a skeptic or two, is the product 100%, therefore not less or a scam?

Q.2. If the price of the Rangertell units sold are so low that more people have bought them over the time period than any other, would this mean that it was the best ever because of the critical examination this implies?

Q.3. If there are more testimonials and evidence on the website of this company than any other, would it make little sense to knock it?

Q.4. If there was no doubt about the facts in the foregoing statements since they could all be corroborated through a selling venue that would not allow retractions without mentioning it, would it be completely futile to attack the company's product? Equally would the fact that the Testimonials being so style variant etc and testable by using grammar measuring programs and emails in some cases mean they can't be fabrications?

Q.5. Would these facts mean that the RT Examiner is arguably the best LRL ever?

Q.6. Why did you answer NO to all the above when the answer was YES?

A. Duh! I'm skeptical!

Yeah , and I haven't hit you over the people and into the street . Do the math.

What I have to say is no good to you fellas unless you can read.

Your Rating: UNCOUTH MORON

Please don't bad penny me like you did to Hung because that was your last chance to avail yourself of info re said product from the company. Unless of course you make sense.

You'll know soon enough.

PS: It always strikes me as amazing that you also have problems with ownership...of companies, inventions and such. Sure you guys have even found a plugged nickel that you may have had to contest ownership for? But I won't test you again. Bwahahahaha!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Guru

Default SHOCKED!!!!!!

Quote:
------
Just keeping you on your toes. New Paragraph needed. Not sentence construction error. Unfortunately the language has no stress character sans italics.

Your very own LRL IQ test

Re some facts placed before you as pearls are before......? Q.1.

Q.1A If a company/guy sells 1000 units and attracts perfect feedback except from a skeptic or two, is the product 100%, therefore not less or a scam?

Q.2. If the price of the Rangertell units sold are so low that more people have bought them over the time period than any other, would this mean that it was the best ever because of the critical examination this implies?

Q.3. If there are more testimonials and evidence on the website of this company than any other, would it make little sense to knock it?

Q.4. If there was no doubt about the facts in the foregoing statements since they could all be corroborated through a selling venue that would not allow retractions without mentioning it, would it be completely futile to attack the company's product? Equally would the fact that the Testimonials being so style variant etc and testable by using grammar measuring programs and emails in some cases mean they can't be fabrications?

Q.5. Would these facts mean that the RT Examiner is arguably the best LRL ever?

Q.6. Why did you answer NO to all the above when the answer was YES?

A. Duh! I'm skeptical!

Yeah , and I haven't hit you over the people and into the street . Do the math.

What I have to say is no good to you fellas unless you can read.

Your Rating: UNCOUTH MORON

Please don't bad penny me like you did to Hung because that was your last chance to avail yourself of info re said product from the company. Unless of course you make sense.

You'll know soon enough.
I AM SHOCKED THAT A CONPONY WILL TALK LIKE THIS??????????????????.
HOW IN THE HELL COULD A GUY TRUST THIS.
MY ONLY HOPE OF GETTING MY UNIT TO WORK IS NOW HUNG.
i WAS THINKIN HARD ABOUT SHIPPING MY UNIT AND SOMETHING TOLD ME TO KEEP IT.. WITH ALL THE FIRES AND THING GOING ON DOWN UNDER.
i JUST DON'T WANT TO LOSE IT OR BE TRICKED INTO BUYING A SECOND UNIT.

NOW WHY ARE YOU TALKING LIKE THIS?????????? THAT IS TOO LOW FOR ANY COMPONY TO DO.