LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Hi J_P.
With o first eye ... the buzzer is connected to +12V and not to +5V.
You can edit it.

Regards
Hi Geo,
You are correct. The correction is made below:
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Guru

Sorry wrong post......
Old 05-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban View Post
excuse me, your this circuit made if you made you can send photo for me . i want see this photo circuit ?
Sorry but this time i have not any photo....
Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 PM

Sorry but I think there is one major mistake. The gold leaf in the middle of the ionic chamber goes to the preamp where the anode is connected not the other way around ,,to the atmel without any amplification.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodetect View Post
Sorry but I think there is one major mistake. The gold leaf in the middle of the ionic chamber goes to the preamp where the anode is connected not the other way around ,,to the atmel without any amplification.
Hi Jim.
Thanks for the note but now no time to check it.
Maybe later... but maybe "no reason"

Regards
Old 06-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodetect
I looked at the photos and I saw what you see below.

For the white wire connected to the rear chamber connection: I remember sisco made some partial diagrams showing a different connection than I see in the photos. He showed the white wire connected to the chassis ground and -B2, while Geo's diagram shows White connected to ground. But the photo shows the white wire connected to the -B1 terminal. So far I don't see the chassis ground at -B1. Maybe this is the cassis ground, maybe no. Maybe we need to take another look at the photos instead of assume all diagrams are correct.

For the red wire connected to the gold leaf in the center of the chamber: siscos diagram shows it connected to the 10nF cap near a BC549 transistor, (there is no BC549 shown on Geo's schematic). From the photos, I do not see any connection from the red chamber wire to any terminal on the epoxy board. Maybe it does, or maybe not. But it is certain it does not go to the Atmel processor, because I can see the black wire connecting there in the photos. This needs more study to figure out the BC549 transistor... if it really is a BC549 or not, and what the red wire connects to, if anything.

For the black wire connected to the pointed antenna rod: sisco shows it connected to the Atmel pin 17 and R17 where our schematic shows the red wire should be connected. Sisco also shows the black wire goes through a resistor to the +27v. This looks to be correct according to the photos.

I can update the schematic when the missing information is known. See here for more photos and diagrams...
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12061
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12165

See images below.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Guru

As long as we are looking at the photos, I see a lot of components that Alexismex showed on the epoxy board that are different than what I see on the schematic. Look at the curreny version of the schematic, then look at Alexismex showed in the photos below. I see large electrolytic capacitors with values higher than anything on the current schematic. And a lot of the smaller capacitor values are different than what the photo shows.

See the following:
C10 22u is shown 22nF on the photo
The photo shows an LM317 and a 78?? which are not on the schematic.
Ferrite om the photo is not on the schematic.
Many other components are shown different in the photos.
Maybe the photos are not for the same schematic Geo drew. The board on the photos is marked PDC210, and comes from box marked CDM210, but Geo's circuit was marked FG79.

See Alexismex photos below:
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Guru

Very nice, but, were is the code for the PIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
As long as we are looking at the photos, I see a lot of components that Alexismex showed on the epoxy board that are different than what I see on the schematic. Look at the curreny version of the schematic, then look at Alexismex showed in the photos below. I see large electrolytic capacitors with values higher than anything on the current schematic. And a lot of the smaller capacitor values are different than what the photo shows.

See the following:
C10 22u is shown 22nF on the photo
The photo shows an LM317 and a 78?? which are not on the schematic.
Ferrite om the photo is not on the schematic.
Many other components are shown different in the photos.
Maybe the photos are not for the same schematic Geo drew. The board on the photos is marked PDC210, and comes from box marked CDM210, but Geo's circuit was marked FG79.

See Alexismex photos below:
Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Guru

Hi J_P.
If you will look at power suply you will see the 1000uF. Also at the other schematic there are one 220u and one 47 uf. PCB from Alexis has 1x1000u and 2x220u. No dramatic difference. Also the number of components at my schematic are not the same with the pcb from Alexis.

Regards
Old 06-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Hi J_P.
If you will look at power suply you will see the 1000uF. Also at the other schematic there are one 220u and one 47 uf. PCB from Alexis has 1x1000u and 2x220u. No dramatic difference. Also the number of components at my schematic are not the same with the pcb from Alexis.

Regards
Hi Geo,
Yes, I forgot the power supply board. This is for the big capacitors and regulators.
Still, it seems your circuit is not for the same Mineoro locator as the photos Alexismex shows.
We know for certain Alexismex shows a CDM210 because we see the name printed on the front of the detector, and we see on the circuit board it says PDC2001B.
And we see your circuit is marked FG79. I remember Estaban made many posts to tell the difference in the circuits of different Mineoro models to say why some of them are more stable than others.
When I see the CDM210 has circuit board marked for PDC2001B, I am wondering if Mineoro factory made model changes for new face plates, but used the same circuit inside with only small changes in components.
Maybe this was an advertising change to say everything is new and improved, when using the same old circuits, with only minor changes to the circuit.

I think the difference between the photos and our schematic is not only small difference in component values --
I see big difference at some of the components from our schematic (C10 22u is shown 22nF ? And others different? ).
And I see in the photos the ion chamber is not connected the way your circuit shows.
I don't think they will change the polarity of the ion chamber for any of the different Mineoro models.
Mineoro says their ion chamber requires the gold sample to have a positive charge...
This means it must be the anode like we see in the photos, not the cathode like we see in the schematic.
This makes me think there are some errors we need to correct on the schematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Very nice, but, were is the code for the PIC
The Hex code for the PIC is here -- (see attached). You can use a disassembler to convert it to Atmel ASM instructions.
You can find a good disassembler here: https://github.com/vsergeev/vAVRdisasm/archives/master
This runs in Linux or it can run in Windows with Cygwin using a local C compiler.

Hex file:
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDM210_Atmel_Hex.zip (3.4 KB, 6461 views)
Old 06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Guru

This following schematic shows some temporary changes that I could see from the photos of the circuit boards Alexismex made.
There are probably still errors in component values, and possible connection errors, because the photos do not show every conductor.
Anyone who is interested can look at the photos or open their own Mineoro LRL to see where the connections are.
Please send any corrections here so we can make corrections to the Schematic.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 PM

hello
excuse me if you can my answer
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban
hello
excuse me if you can my answer
The large IC is MC145076P - a cmos remote control encoder. I can not see the other numbers.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
The large IC is MC145076P - a cmos remote control encoder. I can not see the other numbers.

Best wishes,
J_P
An MC145076 is a Stereo Audio FIR Smoothing Filter.
See attached datasheet.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf datasheet.pdf (120.5 KB, 2406 views)
Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozh
An MC145076 is a Stereo Audio FIR Smoothing Filter.
See attached datasheet.
Hi Qiaozhi,
You are correct. I made a typo.
The component shown in the photo is not MC145076P. It is MC145026P.
This is easier to see after some enhancing.
It appears we are looking at a remote control encoder.

I am guessing this is part of the sensitive electronics that detects Femto and atto second pulses from Romeo and Juliet love ions crashing.
Or maybe it sends instructions to the PIC to help detect the TV remote control?

Best wishes,
J_P
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Hi Qiaozhi,
You are correct. I made a typo.
The component shown in the photo is not MC145076P. It is MC145026P.
This is easier to see after some enhancing.
It appears we are looking at a remote control encoder.

I am guessing this is part of the sensitive electronics that detects Femto and atto second pulses from Romeo and Juliet love ions crashing.
Or maybe it sends instructions to the PIC to help detect the TV remote control?

Best wishes,
J_P
Now the important question is ... "Why would you include an IC in your LRL that is designed to receive encoded signals from a remote control?" ... unless you were intending to trigger it from an external source. Personally, I have never heard of gold targets, either fresh or long-time buried, emitting digitally encoded signals. Or is this related to [digital] gold DNA?

Time to consult Hung's Manual of Pseudo-Science.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Guru

Encoding signal is for the wireless headphones.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Guru

Hi J_Player

Thanks a lot for your information.
Now i´m following this thread, that looks promising.
By the way, do you know if someone have the pcb file or we must make it?

Regards
Nelson

Quote:
Hi Geo,
Yes, I forgot the power supply board. This is for the big capacitors and regulators.
Still, it seems your circuit is not for the same Mineoro locator as the photos Alexismex shows.
We know for certain Alexismex shows a CDM210 because we see the name printed on the front of the detector, and we see on the circuit board it says PDC2001B.
And we see your circuit is marked FG79. I remember Estaban made many posts to tell the difference in the circuits of different Mineoro models to say why some of them are more stable than others.
When I see the CDM210 has circuit board marked for PDC2001B, I am wondering if Mineoro factory made model changes for new face plates, but used the same circuit inside with only small changes in components.
Maybe this was an advertising change to say everything is new and improved, when using the same old circuits, with only minor changes to the circuit.

I think the difference between the photos and our schematic is not only small difference in component values --
I see big difference at some of the components from our schematic (C10 22u is shown 22nF ? And others different? ).
And I see in the photos the ion chamber is not connected the way your circuit shows.
I don't think they will change the polarity of the ion chamber for any of the different Mineoro models.
Mineoro says their ion chamber requires the gold sample to have a positive charge...
This means it must be the anode like we see in the photos, not the cathode like we see in the schematic.
This makes me think there are some errors we need to correct on the schematic.

The Hex code for the PIC is here -- (see attached). You can use a disassembler to convert it to Atmel ASM instructions.
You can find a good disassembler here: https://github.com/vsergeev/vAVRdisasm/archives/master
This runs in Linux or it can run in Windows with Cygwin using a local C compiler.

Hex file:
Old 06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson
Hi J_Player

Thanks a lot for your information.
Now i´m following this thread, that looks promising.
By the way, do you know if someone have the pcb file or we must make it?

Regards
Nelson
Hi Nelson,
I found my information for all this in two threads that Alexismex made to show what he found insde the Mineoro CDM210.
You can read the original posts he made here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12061
And for the second part here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12165

You will see sisco made some PCB diagrams here http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...5448#post55448 but he was not sure they are correct.
Later I see Geo's circuit and another circuit from the Greek forum which is similar here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...833#post121833

From what I see, I think You are wise to make your own PCB because nobody seems to have the correct information.
If you PM to Alexismex, maybe he can send you some good information, because he opened this LRL and he has the original parts.

My opinion is there are errors in the Greek schematic, and in the Geo schematic, and in my corrected version too. The reason is because we did not see all of the connections from the photos that Alexismex showed. I think we will have a correct schematic only after we get more photos of the parts that we did not see yet from this board.

My opinion is there is no chance to make a good clone of this locator until we first have a schematic that is correct.
We do not have a correct one at this time.
I Think you will need to make your own circuit board, and to check the circuit for yourself.
I do not think anyone has posted a correct cicruit yet. But the circuits we see are good to start with to make corrections to.

Also, I think this is not a good model to try to make a clone. From what Morgan says, the only Mineoro LRL he has tested that can show some detection is the DC2008.
I think this is a different model than what Alexismex shows... CDM210

p.s. If you convert the hex file to assembly language, I would like to see the final ASM code. This will show important information for the signal processing.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 06-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Guru

This is outstanding.
The circuit in the red circle is a uhf receiver, we can see the tank pcb coil and tuning capacitor.
Now we just have to see what trinary code has been used on the decoder IC, and with a garage door opener we will be able to make all mineoro´s beep as in the videos and demonstration field.

Does it looks like a proof only to me ? Was a complete remote, or only the switch hidden in mineoro´s team shoe ?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

Was a complete remote, or only the switch hidden in mineoro´s team shoe ?

Probably it is about stollen prior art:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7758523.pdf
Old 06-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi
Now the important question is ... "Why would you include an IC in your LRL that is designed to receive encoded signals from a remote control?" ... unless you were intending to trigger it from an external source. Personally, I have never heard of gold targets, either fresh or long-time buried, emitting digitally encoded signals. Or is this related to [digital] gold DNA?

Time to consult Hung's Manual of Pseudo-Science.
Hi Qiaozhi,
If you trace the circuit from the back, it appears the encoder output is amplified by the transistor, then sent through a resistor to the wireless headphone switch which is wired to 3 conductors at the beeper.
It appears this switch can switch the circuit from powering the beeper, or to powering the encoder with amplifier circuit.
It is beginning to look like this could be an encoder for a wireless headphone, as Geo suggested.

This seems an odd kind of IC to use for a wireless headphone.
These ICs were designed to be used for infrared remote controllers for multifunction controls, and they have a 2-word security code that prevents them from transmitting unless the code is good.
They could also be used as a remote RF controller, as a beep repeater.
But encoding and decoding seems like a complication that is not needed to simply send beeps to a headphone.
Why not a simple RF transmitter that beeps when the PIC tells it to send out a carrier with an audio tone on it?

Looking at the circuit, this IC probably receives some kind of input from the PIC to make it function.
My guess is it's main function is to operate as a carrier transmitter when switched on, and the PIC determines when it will send out a digital word that signals to beep.
The wireless headphone then needs a decoder (MC145027) to decode the digital encoding and make beep sounds.

It Just seems simpler if a small transmitter sent a carrier with an audio modulation signal from the PIC when it is time to beep.

Wait... The encoder/decoder prevents a customer from using a pocket radio receiver with cheap headphones, so he must use the factory headphones with the decoder.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 06-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Guru

Ahah!
Someone had to notice that an encoder ic doens´t decode, and a receiver doens´t transmit
I was expecting your reaction
Is that just me or i am really the prettier on that picture?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Guru

Hi gain J_Player.
Thanks for so complete information and orientation about PD.
I will do more search on this topic and for shure if i get succes i will let you know.
Best regards
Nelson

Quote:
Hi Nelson,
I found my information for all this in two threads that Alexismex made to show what he found insde the Mineoro CDM210.
You can read the original posts he made here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12061
And for the second part here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12165

You will see sisco made some PCB diagrams here http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...5448#post55448 but he was not sure they are correct.
Later I see Geo's circuit and another circuit from the Greek forum which is similar here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...833#post121833

From what I see, I think You are wise to make your own PCB because nobody seems to have the correct information.
If you PM to Alexismex, maybe he can send you some good information, because he opened this LRL and he has the original parts.

My opinion is there are errors in the Greek schematic, and in the Geo schematic, and in my corrected version too. The reason is because we did not see all of the connections from the photos that Alexismex showed. I think we will have a correct schematic only after we get more photos of the parts that we did not see yet from this board.

My opinion is there is no chance to make a good clone of this locator until we first have a schematic that is correct.
We do not have a correct one at this time.
I Think you will need to make your own circuit board, and to check the circuit for yourself.
I do not think anyone has posted a correct cicruit yet. But the circuits we see are good to start with to make corrections to.

Also, I think this is not a good model to try to make a clone. From what Morgan says, the only Mineoro LRL he has tested that can show some detection is the DC2008.
I think this is a different model than what Alexismex shows... CDM210

p.s. If you convert the hex file to assembly language, I would like to see the final ASM code. This will show important information for the signal processing.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 06-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Ahah!
Someone had to notice that an encoder ic doens´t decode, and a receiver doens´t transmit
I was expecting your reaction
Is that just me or i am really the prettier on that picture?
The insults have started, so we must be getting close to the truth.
Keep digging!