LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Guru

I'm pretty sure he is very serious.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Guru

Louis Turenne was a physicist from France. His work on developing dowsing instruments was done in the first half of the 1900's. Besides the Turenne cage and various selective pendulums, he invented the Turenne rule which worked similar to an interferometer. By exciting a sample with a small amount of radioactive material (sunlight or magnetics will work), it created an induction and interference patterns which he read with his pendulum. By measuring where he got the pendulum reaction he could analyze the sample's wave length (relatively speaking). He could detect any element of the known 92 elements at that time and even left room on his rule for five yet-to-be-discovered radioactive elements. He was probably the most knowledgable dowser of his time. Christopher Hills inherited his lifetime work though a friend along with about 150 other works. Much of it had to be translated into English. Hills complied this info, injected his work on consciousness( he was into yoga, big time), and published it in his bible on dowsing "Supersensonics".

I really don't understand why some people get so upset when I post about dowsing. I find it an absolutely fascinating subject. I wish you would read his book and you would have a much better understanding, even if you don't agree with it. On all the dowsing forums I have yet to see one single post about this wonderful book. I guess most people are intimidated by it. It's definitely college-level material. It's said people fear what they don't understand, and dowsing is no exception. Terms like witchcraft and voodo just go to show this (sort of like me and hypnosis). It's not that way at all and Hills book goes a huge way to show this.

Last edited by Mike(Mont); 04-15-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: additional three sentences
Old 04-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
I'm pretty sure he is very serious.
yes... i think the same...

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Guru

I have read at some length, the volume Supersensonics by C Hills, and I would hardly rank it at college level material ---unless of course you are speaking of The College of Snake Oil and Other Flim-flam Alternatives.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Guru

Like the saying goes, "We are whatever disturbs us." What is it about dowsing that disturbs you? I'm sure you are well aware that Dr. Hills donated a huge portion of his life and income to helping others. He's hardly a snake-oil salesman.

"Actually we have the ability within our imaginations to tune ourselves to the total range of frequencies but we do not use it. Why? Because our preset biological survival tuning (food, shelter, sex, etc.) is feeding us such strong signals that most of us do not want to change the channel. Essentially it means dropping our identities as limited bags of skin called human beings and not paying attention to the physical sensation level vibrations and this is the last thing many of us want to do... "

This is from "Energy Matter & Form" by Allen, Bearne, and Smith
Old 04-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Like the saying goes, "We are whatever disturbs us." What is it about dowsing that disturbs you?
I've never heard that "saying" before. Even so, a saying is just that; and should not be considered as anything but a random thought, having no particular relevance or significance to the subject at hand.

There is nothing about dowsing that disturbs me.

I find it an incredibly amusing pseudoscientific topic. Amusing, that seemingly otherwise rational-thinking individuals can become so embroiled and defensive of the topic, that it becomes of a much greater significance in their lives than it really should. To the point where it becomes important to the actual exclusion of all other rational thought processes.

What is it about rational thinking that disturbs you?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Guru

oh oh !

So.... how the pendulum works then ? you'll first fry in snake-oil before use ?
Or just concentrate till fumes exist from your ears and it starts moving ?

Misteries of snake-oil...
Attached Images

"

someone said...
Old 04-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Guru

[QUOTE-Mike(Mont)]Like the saying goes, "We are whatever disturbs us." What is it about dowsing that disturbs you?[/QUOTE]Hmmmm...
Does this mean we should not be disturbed by brain tumors from wrong-polarity magnetic fields near the head, or we may become a brain tumor?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 04-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Louis Turenne was a physicist from France. His work on developing dowsing instruments was done in the first half of the 1900's. Besides the Turenne cage and various selective pendulums, he invented the Turenne rule which worked similar to an interferometer. By exciting a sample with a small amount of radioactive material (sunlight or magnetics will work), it created an induction and interference patterns which he read with his pendulum. By measuring where he got the pendulum reaction he could analyze the sample's wave length (relatively speaking). He could detect any element of the known 92 elements at that time and even left room on his rule for five yet-to-be-discovered radioactive elements. He was probably the most knowledgable dowser of his time. Christopher Hills inherited his lifetime work though a friend along with about 150 other works. Much of it had to be translated into English. Hills complied this info, injected his work on consciousness( he was into yoga, big time), and published it in his bible on dowsing "Supersensonics".

I really don't understand why some people get so upset when I post about dowsing. I find it an absolutely fascinating subject. I wish you would read his book and you would have a much better understanding, even if you don't agree with it. On all the dowsing forums I have yet to see one single post about this wonderful book. I guess most people are intimidated by it. It's definitely college-level material. It's said people fear what they don't understand, and dowsing is no exception. Terms like witchcraft and voodo just go to show this (sort of like me and hypnosis). It's not that way at all and Hills book goes a huge way to show this.

I don't think anyone here actually gets "upset" about dowsing. That's because we already have a good rational explanation for this type of pseudoscience. It's called the ideomotor response, and it's well documented by science. Clearly you are reading the wrong books.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Guru

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Every last one of the posts by you bunch is inflammatory. You direct them them at whomever you can, for whatever reason. Don't worry, I have no intentions of defending dowsing. I don't need to. I admit I cannot understand why anyone would put down Dr. Hills for his magnificent work in dowsing, but I can only assume there is some hidden prejudice, most likely against me. I wear it like a badge of honor.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Guru

I built a very basic Turenne cage (used a cardboard box) and some neo magnets. I have a magnetic pendulum I got from Al Rossmiller I used for lotto dowsing. I was able to get some resonance over a few numbers. Will try again today and see what happens in tonight's drawing.

The Rossmiller pendulum is a small disc magnet and I'm not sure it will work all that well. A bar magnet is probably better suited so I'll build a different pendulum with one and see if I like it better. Haven't been doing any lotto dowsing lately so I don't know what to expect.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Guru

Quote:
I built a very basic Turenne cage (used a cardboard box) and some neo magnets. I have a magnetic pendulum I got from Al Rossmiller I used for lotto dowsing. I was able to get some resonance over a few numbers. Will try again today and see what happens in tonight's drawing.

The Rossmiller pendulum is a small disc magnet and I'm not sure it will work all that well. A bar magnet is probably better suited so I'll build a different pendulum with one and see if I like it better. Haven't been doing any lotto dowsing lately so I don't know what to expect.
In order to accurately and realistically evaluate the results of your number dowsing, it is absolutely imperative that you know ahead of time the statistical probability of simply guessing numbers without the aid of your foil covered cardboard box, magnets and Rossmiller pendulum.

Have you calculated those statistical probabilities?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Guru

Well, I don't know if anyone can accurately determine the odds of guessing a Powerball jackpot and it doesn't matter to me anyway. And don't forget probability is just that--probable, not exact. In the long run the actual results will approach the mathmatical odds, but in the short term anything can happen. That's why 'stupid' people play. Obviously if anyone has a prayer of winning they are going to have to have a huge amount of luck or extreme dowsing ability, or both (in my case much more luck to compensate for lack of ability). No one wins by odds.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Guru

Quote:
Well, I don't know if anyone can accurately determine the odds of guessing a Powerball jackpot and it doesn't matter to me anyway.
Over the long term of the game, the odds of any lotto can be accurately calculated, and have been. They are published on the internet and on the back of the ticket.

The statistical probability of any random event, like the guessing of lotto numbers, is important to know and if you are not at all interested than neither are you interested in judging your dowsing ability. Saying you don't care about having a yardstick to measure the value of your dowsing says a lot about what you think about dowsing in general and is quite typical.

Most dowsers want nothing to do with tests or measurements of their hobby, and one can only assume that's because they don't want to know the cold hard facts; ---that dowsing produces the same results as ordinary guessing (sometimes a little better and sometimes a little worse, but never statistically better to a measurable degree).
Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Well, I don't know if anyone can accurately determine the odds of guessing a Powerball jackpot and it doesn't matter to me anyway. And don't forget probability is just that--probable, not exact. In the long run the actual results will approach the mathmatical odds, but in the short term anything can happen. That's why 'stupid' people play. Obviously if anyone has a prayer of winning they are going to have to have a huge amount of luck or extreme dowsing ability, or both (in my case much more luck to compensate for lack of ability). No one wins by odds.
How does extreme dowsing compare to simple ordinary dowsing?
Or is this just a case of any number multiplied by zero being equal to zero?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
How does extreme dowsing compare to simple ordinary dowsing?
Or is this just a case of any number multiplied by zero being equal to zero?
I have a simple question: how do the man in Antiquity for to find water, for example?

The engineer of Babylon found the water for to construct the impressive channels with a stone pendulum. He walk slowly. He sense the difference in terrain in places the water flows because muscle can show small difference in gravity. So, in this particular case difference in gravity can explain. For treasure and othe things... don't know.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Guru

To be honest, picking lotto numbers is not dowsing, it's more like guessing the future. If you practice enough, you can spot trends but that's about all. Now I'm not saying it is impossible, there are people who picked numbers and won. One guy in Kentucky said he didn't pick the numbers, they picked him. If you study real dowsing you know he was on to it. He was in absolute desperate times and that might have motivated him. I've always said dowsing works best when you really need it.

I understand more about odds than most people. Perfectly random chance is some hypothetical dream, there is no such thing known to man. Mathematics is not reality like most people believe. Many studies have shown that people can influence the outcome. Most people really do not believe this. That's a negative emotion that goes deep into your subconscious and blocks your dowsing faster than anything. I guess some people on this forum get a kick out of sowing the seeds of doubt. The Pope left out that one on his list of mortal sins and it should have been right at the top of his list. List or no list, it's bad Karma.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Guru

Quote:
Perfectly random chance is some hypothetical dream, there is no such thing known to man.
What is your definition of perfectly random chance? ...that's a new one I've not heard of. Maybe your idea of perfect random chance is flipping a fair coin 1000 times and getting alternating Heads and Tails and exactly 500 of each. No! That is not the outcome you could expect, to see on the average. But the outcome you do get does not negate the fact that flipping a fair coin IS a random chance event.

Quote:
Mathematics is not reality like most people believe. Many studies have shown that people can influence the outcome.
Site two references describing these studies, the nature of the results and how the results were reviewed and validated.

Quote:
Most people really do not believe this. That's a negative emotion that goes deep into your subconscious and blocks your dowsing faster than anything. I guess some people on this forum get a kick out of sowing the seeds of doubt.
I think you are confusing basic understanding, rational thinking and acceptance of reality with non-existent ulterior motives.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Guru

Esteban, I have used a Y-rod for locating water. I know that the rod will lift for some people and pull down for others. This could be due to the person compensating for the effect. As I was taught, you lift the rod until you feel it lift and from there you can judge how far off in the distance is the water, but when you are directly over the water the rod pulls down. That leads me to believe there is some induction from the earth. Water is easily magnetized. If you are familiar with Maxwell's lightning, running water is quite different from still water. Running water has the vertical (electric) wave. So I'm not sure that gravity is involved but I could be wrong.

There is a lot of evidence that the proteins in the brain fluids play a big part (hydrogen ions). Whales have literally tons of fluid surrounding their brain and it is suspected that there is a resonance that allows them to pick up communication with other whales from thousands of miles away. Meditation, proper breathing, and chanting (resonates the brain fluids) has a similar effect on the human.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Guru

Esteban, I need to correct tmy last post. When I lift the rod up it pulls down, not up. Also, when a rod is fitted with magnets it will either pull down or lift up depending on which way the magnets are positioned (for vertical wave). What many people don't realize is the electromagnetics works on all objects not just ferrous. You don't need magnets on the rod, it just acts as an amplifier.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Guru

Well, if I had all the good numbers I picked all on one ticket I would have won $100,000. Would have, could have, should have, didn't. Still got about 150:1 odds and $60 take home pay. Beginner's luck.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Guru

I don't know if the Turenne cage will help your dowsing. Maybe. What I find most important is to try to feel the resonance, the psychic twinge, even if the rod or pendulum does not respond. Your body needs to be tuned to the neutral green, chromium oxide color. Colors may not seem like they transmit a frequency/wave length, but they do. That's how your brain recognizes the different colors. "..what we see are the interference patterns created within our vibrating consciousness." "Superseeing is seeing beyond the mental movie we make in our minds."
Old 04-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Guru

Attached Images

"

someone said...
Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
There really is nothing more that I could add, beyond what you just posted. I think MAD is an understatement.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
There really is nothing more that I could add, beyond what you just posted. I think MAD is an understatement.
I rest my case.
Stark raving bonkers!