LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Guru

Hey, it's Carl's claim that HIS LRL, works as well, or better than any LRL on the market, and it's being proved. It's not my claim, it's Carl's.

I can understand an inflated ego attacking me. I don't have any degrees, and hardly any formal education to defend.

You should be happy Carl has proven his electronic ability to build a working LRL, better than mine, for you to copy and use. The majority of LRL's have been designed and built by electronic engineers, and techs, and certainly not by me. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? Dell
Old 02-16-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi Steve in MS,

Rangertell can speak for himself. Whether he goes along with it is his decision.

How he can guarantee it is something we do not know, since we don't understand the principles under which it works. So any presumptions we make are just guesses. The only way we will know for sure is to use it and see it working live. Once we see it working and finding targets, then all our rhetoric about how it can't work will become pure BS rather than speculative thinking.

Best wishes,
J_P
No problem, friend. I guess the sure way would be to buy his product and try it for oneself but for me I like to see some level of competence that it works before I buy it, like from others whose statements could be trusted.
If you can get a loaner or a free one then by all means, go for it.
So far though from the posts on this forum, the evidence isn't very compelling to me.
Regards.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
Hey, it's Carl's claim that HIS LRL, works as well, or better than any LRL on the market, and it's being proved. It's not my claim, it's Carl's.

I can understand an inflated ego attacking me. I don't have any degrees, and hardly any formal education to defend.

You should be happy Carl has proven his electronic ability to build a working LRL, better than mine, for you to copy and use. The majority of LRL's have been designed and built by electronic engineers, and techs, and certainly not by me. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? Dell
.................................................. .................................................. ....

You've got it in one Dell. Why would Carl be stonewall-anti LRLs/MFDs when he has often mentioned that they work and 'sells' one of his own design? One only has to go his 'Projects' page to see how to build an MFD. Here is an unedited transcipt from that page:

For those that don't know, MFD (Molecular Frequency Discriminator) is another word for LRL.

Fig. 10: MFD Triangulation
There are two potential pitfalls with MFDs and both are due to the incredible sensitivity. An MFD has the ability to pick up target signals from as much as 10 miles away, though 1-3 miles is more typical. This means that it can take quite some time and effort to trace out the signal line. Once you have the target pinpointed you may have to face another problem: depth. The MFD can detect targets as deep as 100-200 feet, so locating the target is only half the battle. If a metal detector does not verify the existance of a metal target at the identified location then you should bring in excavation equipment. If no obvious target is found when you reach 200 feet, then the target was most likely subatomic gold particles - you cannot see it and most chemical analyses will not detect it either, but the MFD will.

Copyright © 1999-2004 Carl W. Moreland, all rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though there are some that claim this is tongue-in-cheek, those who understand the English language can see it is a serious statement, not a sarcastic one. Carl's page is a serious how-to re MFDs/LRLs.

It needs to be said that the difference between a good LRL and just another, is it's ability to avoid this micro gold (sub-atomic particles). If it mentions that it has an anti microgold function, then it's likely it's a good one.

Investing in a good microscope is a must when LRLing. I can recommend Digital Blue Computer microscopes (x200). You will see that even though you think you've missed, there will be easily identifiable microgold in your shots. Take soil from around the area and there won't be.

Carl certainly does have a neat answer for beginners there and his LRLs should not be belittled. He says all others are dowsing. This means he is likely backing his own against them. Why don't we challenge him to prove his is better than a few of the ones he has commented on.

Vic Blaines the LRL inventor
(Fake name added to keep the forum on-topic.)
Old 02-16-2009, 04:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
I surely don't know why Carl, would claim LRL doesn't work when there have been several instances of treasure recoveries reported by users of Carl's LRL.
I've not seen a recovered treasure found with my LRL. Have you? Certainly Don Patterson hasn't recovered anything.

- Carl
Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in MS
If you can get a loaner or a free one then by all means, go for it.
So far though from the posts on this forum, the evidence isn't very compelling to me.
Hi Steve in MS,
A loaner would be nice. I technically haven't asked for a free one, only that the one they were going to ship as a replacement to Clondike Clad to be shipped to me instead. What I would really like is for a Rangertell agent to demonstrate how to use the Examiner, so we could see how to adjust it and watch it work before trying it out ourselves. I would gladly pay for it if I see it finds treasure like Rangertell says, and I would lead many others to buy them too.

Of course the evidence isn't very compelling, that's why we're skeptics. But it seems Rangertell may have gotten a bad break with all the flack directed against him. He seems like a pretty good guy if you treat him decent. I don't know about all this alias name stuff, only that he carried on a nice conversation with me in the PM he sent me. So why not give him a chance?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Hi Steve in MS,
A loaner would be nice. I technically haven't asked for a free one, only that the one they were going to ship as a replacement to Clondike Clad to be shipped to me instead. What I would really like is for a Rangertell agent to demonstrate how to use the Examiner, so we could see how to adjust it and watch it work before trying it out ourselves. I would gladly pay for it if I see it finds treasure like Rangertell says, and I would lead many others to buy them too.

Of course the evidence isn't very compelling, that's why we're skeptics. But it seems Rangertell may have gotten a bad break with all the flack directed against him. He seems like a pretty good guy if you treat him decent. I don't know about all this alias name stuff, only that he carried on a nice conversation with me in the PM he sent me. So why not give him a chance?

Best wishes,
J_P

The 'alien' names were only the result of a server malfunction that banned IPs etc. That and the use of a pc by others. You see if the first username could not work and there are at least four ways of writing Rangertell, seven or eight attempts to register again with different names (obviously) would still draw a blank if the first was still operative. Carl and co. would think it was an LRL company trying to abuse his forum and retaliate. The fact the names worked but then petered out a few minutes later (the server) is the explanation. There there was Al Carson. Oooh boy!

Vic Blaines the LRL inventor
(fake name added to keep forum on-topic)
Old 02-16-2009, 04:46 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangertell
The 'alien' names were only the result of a server malfunction that banned IPs etc. That and the use of a pc by others.
Hi Rangertell,
Ok, so there was some confusion with servers and people using a PC.
So what about the idea of sending Clondike Clad's replacement to me for testing and demonstrating?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-16-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Hi Rangertell,
Ok, so there was some confusion with servers and people using a PC.
So what about the idea of sending Clondike Clad's replacement to me for testing and demonstrating?

Best wishes,
J_P
.................................................. ................................................

Someone told me there were forum people who wanted a unit to ruin. You can understand my reluctance.

We did this once and never saw the item again.

Leave it with me. I will PM you how I think you can do this.

V Blaines
(Fake name added so forum stays on-topic)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If it's still up there and flying, the last kid with a slingshot left town a while ago." Anon
Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Hi Steve in MS,

Best wishes,
J_P
Hey, I am starting to fell sorry for Ranger and Dell, all this mistreatment.
Seriously their products need to be seriously examined, it is up to them to put on some kind of demonstration so I see nothing wrong with your willingness to give it a shot.
Yes, I am willing to see what happens but I am not in gold country...well maybe some buried gold coins somewhere but where and if they are there is anyone guess.
Maybe it goes back to the early days of LRLs where all kind of claims were made that were totally baseless.
Hope it works out and I will keep an open (somewhat skeptical) mind about it, even if the results are not totally positive, after all, there is nothing perfect in this world except our current president.
See Dell, I even gave you a break on this one!
Regards.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangertell View Post
.................................................. .................................................. ....

You've got it in one Dell. Why would Carl be stonewall-anti LRLs/MFDs when he has often mentioned that they work and 'sells' one of his own design? One only has to go his 'Projects' page to see how to build an MFD. Here is an unedited transcipt from that page:
Nice try, but no cigar!
Carl has never mentioned that MFDs work. Please show me where you read this?
The MFD shown in the Projects section is a spoof article, and the device is not for sale. Yes - it "works" equally as well as any other MFD on the market ... and also with the same accuracy as pure chance.

Quote:
For those that don't know, MFD (Molecular Frequency Discriminator) is another word for LRL.
Or, in other words, an electronically enhanced dowsing rod. The addition of the "do nothing" electronics is a tried and tested technique for wallet-mining the technically challenged.

Quote:
Though there are some that claim this is tongue-in-cheek, those who understand the English language can see it is a serious statement, not a sarcastic one. Carl's page is a serious how-to re MFDs/LRLs.
"Serious statement" ?? Who do you think you're fooling?
Sarcasm just oozes from this article. You can almost smell it.

Quote:
It needs to be said that the difference between a good LRL and just another, is it's ability to avoid this micro gold (sub-atomic particles). If it mentions that it has an anti microgold function, then it's likely it's a good one.

My goodness ... that's a new one.
What utter twoddle.
Since when has micro-gold been sub-atomic?????

Quote:
Investing in a good microscope is a must when LRLing. I can recommend Digital Blue Computer microscopes (x200). You will see that even though you think you've missed, there will be easily identifiable microgold in your shots. Take soil from around the area and there won't be.
Oh yes - the old excuse about micro-gold.

Quote:
Carl certainly does have a neat answer for beginners there and his LRLs should not be belittled. He says all others are dowsing. This means he is likely backing his own against them. Why don't we challenge him to prove his is better than a few of the ones he has commented on.
Carl does not sell LRLs, MFDs, or any other dowsing related nonsense. This is best left to the wallet-miners.

Last edited by Qiaozhi; 02-16-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Nice try, but no cigar!
Carl has never mentioned that MFDs work. Please show me where where you read this?
The MFD shown in the Projects section is a spoof article, and the device is not for sale. Yes - it "works" equally as well as any other MFD on the market ... and also with the same accuracy as pure chance.

Or, in other words, an electronically enhanced dowsing rod. The addition of the "do nothing" electronics is a tried and tested technique for wallet-mining the technically challenged.

"Serious statement" ?? Who do you think you're fooling?
Sarcasm just oozes from this article. You can almost smell it.

My goodness ... that's a new one.
What utter twoddle.
Since when has micro-gold been sub-atomic?????

Oh yes - the old excuse about micro-gold.

Carl does not sell LRLs, MFDs, or any other dowsing related nonsense. This is best left to the wallet-miners.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

If this is a spoof article, then every textbook ever written is the work of a twisted forum geek.

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...mfd1/index.dat

There's no direct connection with the prior article, which is a negatory. It's as if Carl has succeeded with his MFD.

No-one said anything about selling. The word 'sells' is in italics. To sell and to paint in a good light are often the same.

Aaark!! Where is this sarcasm?? Please quote a line. No wonder my projects didn't work out all the time. They were spoofs.

Carl said sub-atomic. He meant microscopic. I wouldn't have confused sub-atomic with microscopic referring to 200x microscopes.

The crux of this matter is that the article is a spoof. I say no and challenge you to quote me a line that disproves this.

I don't have much of my hols to go, so if you want to tell me something please do it soon.

Vic Blaines
(Fake name to stop off-topic posting)

"An argument as thin as tissue, is thick enough to cloud the issue" -Anon
Old 02-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Aaark!! Where is this sarcasm?? Please quote a line.
Hi Rangertell,

Errr... with all due respect, I think Carl's article is intended to show exactly how to build a MFD detector, but is also a spoof.
The quote that convinced me is in the very last part of the report at the bottom of the page. I actually laughed when I read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC
Once you have the target pinpointed you may have to face another problem: depth. The MFD can detect targets as deep as 100-200 feet, so locating the target is only half the battle. If a metal detector does not verify the existance of a metal target at the identified location then you should bring in excavation equipment. If no obvious target is found when you reach 200 feet, then the target was most likely subatomic gold particles - you cannot see it and most chemical analyses will not detect it either, but the MFD will.
Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-16-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Hi Rangertell,

Errr... with all due respect, I think Carl's article is intended to show exactly how to build a MFD detector, but is also a spoof.
The quote that convinced me is in the very last part of the report at the bottom of the page. I actually laughed when I read this:

Best wishes,
J_P
.................................................. .................................................. .

With equally due respect, I have struck this interpretation before. That's what I meant when referring to some people thinking it was tongue-in-cheek.

Digging 200 feet is not unusual in mining. It happens often and sometimes when micro gold is not factored into the equation. But LRL manufacturers can't walk the users to their objectives and back. Good ones urge where they can to only dig shallow targets before trying anything too adventurous. Only after success with shallow targets should the user try deeper.

Well this explains why you don't believe the pro-LRLers here. Your alphabet has 52 letters, most of which one cannot see.

Sorry, there is no deeper treatment here. He is telling the reader that MFDs work but there are catches if they don't realize they're very sensitive.

Are we talking of MFDs here...or lemmings?

Vic Blaines
(Fake name to stop off-topic posting)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''
"Are you resonant with what I'm saying?" he said. "Or a skeptic?" - Anon
Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Guru

Quote:
Well this explains why you don't believe the pro-LRLers here. Your alphabet has 52 letters, most of which one cannot see.
The reason I don't believe has nothing to do with invisible alphabet letters. It is because no pro-LRLers, or for that matter, no person on earth has ever demonstrated an LRL working in front of me to recover a target. All I hear is talk, no action.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Aaark!! Where is this sarcasm?? Please quote a line.

You even quoted it yourself:
"If no obvious target is found when you reach 200 feet, then the target was most likely subatomic gold particles - you cannot see it and most chemical analyses will not detect it either, but the MFD will."

Unfortunately, you are so blinded by your own pseudo-scientific BS, that you can no longer recognize sarcasm when you see it.

Quote:
No wonder my projects didn't work out all the time. They were spoofs.
You said it, not me.
This quote will no doubt come back to haunt you.

Quote:
Carl said sub-atomic. He meant microscopic. I wouldn't have confused sub-atomic with microscopic referring to 200x microscopes.
Again - this was sarcasm.

Quote:
The crux of this matter is that the article is a spoof. I say no and challenge you to quote me a line that disproves this.
I've already done this - see above.
If you don't believe me, simply ask Carl.

Remember when you posted my own spoof article on your website. Talk about gullible.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
The reason I don't believe has nothing to do with invisible alphabet letters. It is because no pro-LRLers, or for that matter, no person on earth has ever demonstrated an LRL working in front of me to recover a target. All I hear is talk, no action.

Best wishes,
J_P

What a shame. It only takes a minute to prove it (literally).

I can pick up my Examiner, enter in the gold frequency in 1 second and go 20 feet into my garden to where the antenna circles. I then use my fingers in the topsoil until the antenna tells me I have the gold in my hand. This takes 5 seconds. I then return to my microscope and presto...a gold grain. Ah, the totally satisfying feeling.

I don't need to put my digit in my ear, or twist my face in a certain way or anything. I could be asleep (not really) and the antenna would do so independently of me to indicate the gold location.

Gold is not omnipresent in the soil here. It's an alluvial bed a few miles down from a goldmining reef area. During floods there has been a deposition of very fine gold. But the gold is not everywhere in the soil. If this were so I would be a sluicing millionaire.

The same applies anywhere there is reasonable gold. Grain or boulder nugget...it's the same. So what have you here then? Why laugh at it? Do you think I'm going to worry?

How many metal detectorists use a microscope? Not many. They tend to imagine either that they can't work the thing or ??? But it worked with the samples, so what is wrong?, they think.

"I don't think LRLs work really...They work with samples but I can't find anything in the field." -Common User

Many microscopic (and subatomic) gold particles create a reflection scenario that makes it appear there is a large nugget or occurrence.

Buy you a computer microscope then report back to the forum as to what the truth is. They're only $50USD on ebay (e.g. Digital Blue Q3 or Q5 etc). You will then realize that every time you have found 'nothing' you have found microgold. Otherwise the Examiner would not have indicated where it did.

You need to use the anti microgold frequency or use the sizing dial to avoid this micro gold.

PS: Of course this is surface or close to it, so set accordingly. But it applies to all metals, minerals or gemstones. You have found a microscopic quantity of what you have sought. Assayers won't tell you. Only your eyes behind the microscope.

I am going now since as was said unless you're a clown it looks like advertising. It's not, believe me. That's why some appear to have a hang up and why I don't post anymore. I am simply telling you what an LRL is. Okay, so until we meet again. Take care and good detecting!

RTL&ES

V. Blaines Anon
(trick name appears to have stopped off-topic posting)

End of 'replacement' sessions..damn that server!

PS: If you think one RT unit sold every 4.2 days since Feb 2002 is abyssmal, half your luck! It pays the bills.
PSS:

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''
"Gold is the only resource that holds it's value in a Recession, apart from the Recession itself" -Anon
Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
He is telling the reader that MFDs work but there are catches if they don't realize they're very sensitive.

You're even more gullible than I thought!!

If you think your posts here are going to convince anyone that this MFD article is anything other than a spoof, then you are totally delusional.

I cannot imagine that sales figures for the Examiner are anything but abysmal, but your negative marketing here is only making it worse.

Happy wallet-mining...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Thumbs down

Quote:
I am going now since as was said unless you're a clown it looks like advertising. It's not, believe me. That's why some appear to have a hang up and why I don't post anymore. I am simply telling you what an LRL is. Okay, so until we meet again. Take care and good detecting!

RTL&ES

V. Blaines Anon
(trick name appears to have stopped off-topic posting)

End of 'replacement' sessions..damn that server!

PS: If you think one RT unit sold every 4.2 days since Feb 2002 is abyssmal, half your luck! It pays the bills.
PSS:
"That's why some appear to have a hang up and why I don't post anymore." ... I suppose that's why you keep going back and modifying your existing posts then? (Except your time limit has now expired. But perhaps we can expect more posts later??)
Old 02-16-2009, 12:23 PM

Talking PSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
"That's why some appear to have a hang up and why I don't post anymore." ... I suppose that's why you keep going back and modifying your existing posts then? (Except your time limit has now expired. But perhaps we can expect more posts later??)
.................................................. .................................................. .

No there will be no posts later at this stage. My hols are over. However I have failed to enter the PSS:

PSS: When I said this is surface or near surface I meant the picking of gold grains. The concept applies to great depth of course, and distance. (tens of feet and hundreds of feet/meters respectively)

Thanks for allowing me to arrange a replacement. Some others live in hope now and CC may even get one some day. The better the sales, the more older units may become available.

.................................................. .................................................. ..
"The moving finger writes..and having writ..moves on!

Last edited by Rangertell; 02-16-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Style
Old 02-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in MS
Yes, I am willing to see what happens but I am not in gold country...well maybe some buried gold coins somewhere but where and if they are there is anyone guess.
Hi Steve in MS,

Actually you may be in a good location for using a RangerTell (if it works).
If you are in an area that is barren of natural gold, then you won't have so much micro-gold to interfere with the detection of larger objects. You may look at old homesteads in the countryside or battlefields to find the same kind of treasures that detectorists look for. Who knows? Maybe you will find buried confederate gold or silver. The rangerTell is supposed to take the guesswork out of where to look.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:

No there will be no posts later at this stage. My hols are over. However I have failed to enter the PSS:

PSS: When I said this is surface or near surface I meant the picking of gold grains. The concept applies to great depth of course, and distance. (tens of feet and hundreds of feet/meters respectively)

Thanks for allowing me to arrange a replacement. Some others live in hope now and CC may even get one some day. The better the sales, the more older units may become available.

.................................................. .................................................. ..
"The moving finger writes..and having writ..moves on!
Unfortunately for you, you arrived on this forum at a bad time. We experienced some problems with hackers over the Christmas period, and consequently Geotech was moved to a new server. Since then we have clamped down heavily on spammers, duplicate user names, and anyone making a nuisance of themselves.

The Remote Sensing section is the most relaxed forum on Geotech, with regard to the rules. But - if you are a purveyor of LRLs and/or dowsing contraptions (often referred to here as "wallet-miners") then you have to learn to take the flak (Flugabwehrkanone). Both Dell and Hung have become adept at this over time.

If you do decide to stick around, then please refrain from using such terms as "meathead, dishonest, uncouth moron and monkey", as you did earlier.

None of our skeptical comments are meant to be personal, but we do like to say what we think.
Let's hope that CC actually receives a replacement Examiner. You could gain some brownie points if this ever happens.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Guru

Quote:
You know J_Player, I really liked your proposal to Vincent Blanes, and was hoping you could arrange getting the unit to test.

However, I was also aware that NO semi-successful Wallet-miner would EVER take part in a real test of his wares. So, in that regard, I merely stepped back and kept track of how long... and how many posts it would take for Vincent to avoid sending you CC's replacement dowsing contraption.

Notice, from his final(?) remarks above that he has avoided sending you a unit for test and has now retracted his promise to send CC a replacement by saying; "..CC may even get one some day".

What a dance step Mr. Blanes has demonstrated.... wouldn't you say?

Spoken like the true Wallet-miner he is!

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Guru

Quote:

What a shame. It only takes a minute to prove it (literally).
With me it took only 25 seconds. Well, including the time to hit the numbers in the calculator.

There's the Examiner Voltage Report I wrote in this forum somewhere last year maybe, so:
To the non-skeptics (skeptics are hopeless);

RTFVR!

Or.. Read The F... Voltage Report!

Good luck on your ventures RT!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
With me it took only 25 seconds. Well, including the time to hit the numbers in the calculator.
In fact, it took even less time than that!
It was the moment you opened your wallet at time=0.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post

To the non-skeptics (skeptics are hopeless);
Hopeless? I don't think so, but they are ever vigilant and persistent and obviously keep getting in the way of, and thwarting Wallet-miners.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?