LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Another waste-of-time dowsing contraption with do-nothing electronics on top of a swivel handle. More mind tricks.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders
Nope! I did not surmise anything, just mentioning a possibility for you to ponder since I saw no evidence of an Ideomoter response in the video.
So you're saying that it's a scam?
Nope! I'm not saying that either. Like you, I have no way of knowing just by looking at it, and I have no ego to appease, or skeptic agenda to interfere.

I would have to field test it to ascertain the facts. Unlike you, I have the experience, and field knowledge to know what to look for, and what type of testing would be appropriate. Dell
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Guru

Quote:
Another waste-of-time dowsing contraption with do-nothing electronics on top of a swivel handle. More mind tricks.
It looks very similar to other LRL's developed, and built by Electronic Engineers, or Techs.

Because this device is being balanced in a horizontal position it could easily be moved by an ideomotor response. But the question, Is it? Even a bent coat coat hanger held in a human hand can react to, and even lock onto the surrounding "field" of a buried anomaly.

Again, I have no way of knowing if that is what is happening, just by looking at a picture. I can only knowif I personally Field tested the device myself.

By the way, did you build, and test the cheap calculator, scotch taped on top of a cheap AM radio, that detects metal from a distance, as demonstrated on the link I posted. Is the concept a worthless scam Dowsing device, or does it work as described? Dell
Old 10-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
Nope! I'm not saying that either. Like you, I have no way of knowing just by looking at it, and I have no ego to appease, or skeptic agenda to interfere.
But you do have a blind belief in the ancient mystical practice of dowsing, which is highly likely to cloud your judgment in these matters. The ideomotor effect is an interesting psychological phenomenon that has absolutely nothing to do with detecting treasure.

Quote:
I would have to field test it to ascertain the facts. Unlike you, I have the experience, and field knowledge to know what to look for, and what type of testing would be appropriate. Dell
The blind man with the black bag on his head thinks otherwise.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
It looks very similar to other LRL's developed, and built by Electronic Engineers, or Techs.
In other words, you're saying it's a scam device.

Quote:
Because this device is being balanced in a horizontal position it could easily be moved by an ideomotor response.
More likely than not.

Quote:
But the question, Is it? Even a bent coat coat hanger held in a human hand can react to, and even lock onto the surrounding "field" of a buried anomaly.
The so-called "locking on" is a figment of the imagination. There is no such thing as a signal line or buried anomaly.

Quote:
Again, I have no way of knowing if that is what is happening, just by looking at a picture. I can only knowif I personally Field tested the device myself.
Try looking again on a foggy dark night. It might become clearer.

Quote:
By the way, did you build, and test the cheap calculator, scotch taped on top of a cheap AM radio, that detects metal from a distance, as demonstrated on the link I posted. Is the concept a worthless scam Dowsing device, or does it work as described? Dell
Your calculator/radio-based metal detector has been posted on Geotech several times in the past. This is nothing new. It's basically a very inefficient BFO and is an interesting gimmick. It has absolutely no relationship to another device that has a cheap calculator glued on top of a doing-nothing box of electronics and fixed to a swivel handle, if that was your intimation.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Guru

O.K. You showed viewers you don't know much about physics, and Earth Science as you pretend.

It's to bad your closed mindset is a handicap to entering intelligent discussions. I'll continue to accept this as a bashing forum for Skeptics, with Theseus, worming and squirming as your poster boy. I hope you will allow me to leave for awhile, without my having to come back to reply to more false accusations from the Lunacy department.

I'll continue to visit this haven of lunacy, and pretend Scientist, as time permits. It's interesting to see how you folks use imagination, assumption, rationalization when your minds are shackled inside a tiny intellectual box. Certainly, your potential for learning is wasted when you can't even accept that there others out here that are smarter, wiser, and more experienced than you can only dream from your own little world. Dell
Old 10-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Guru

Quote:
Because this device is being balanced in a horizontal position it could easily be moved by an ideomotor response. But the question, Is it? Even a bent coat coat hanger held in a human hand can react to, and even lock onto the surrounding "field" of a buried anomaly.
If so , a perfectly ballanced device would work too.A non-conductive counterpoise will cancel the gravity and the idemotor effect.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
O.K. You showed viewers you don't know much about physics, and Earth Science as you pretend.
I am sorry that real science offends you so much. It's a shame that you are unable to accept the overwhelming conclusion, from properly controlled scientific tests, that dowsing is a "trick of the mind".

Quote:
It's to bad your closed mindset is a handicap to entering intelligent discussions. I'll continue to accept this as a bashing forum for Skeptics, with Theseus, worming and squirming as your poster boy. I hope you will allow me to leave for awhile, without my having to come back to reply to more false accusations from the Lunacy department.
When your mind is completely closed to reality, preferring instead to wallow in medieval mystical practices, one course of action is to simply run away and hide. Personally, I do not remember that any of my posts were making accusations (false or otherwise). I merely stated the scientific reality of the situation. Apart from the reaction of a dowsing rod to gravity, there is little connection with physics ... unless you're discussing mechanical forces within the swinging handle of course. It has it's roots in psychology. What this device could have in connection with Earth Science is anybody's guess, given that there is no such thing as a "signal line" or "buried anomaly".

Quote:
I'll continue to visit this haven of lunacy, and pretend Scientist, as time permits. It's interesting to see how you folks use imagination, assumption, rationalization when your minds are shackled inside a tiny intellectual box. Certainly, your potential for learning is wasted when you can't even accept that there others out here that are smarter, wiser, and more experienced than you can only dream from your own little world. Dell
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Guru

Default Air raid; everyone to the bomb shelter

Quote:

In the late '50s and early '60s they call your little routine Duck and Cover.

Here, on the RS forum of Geotech, it's just a tired old exercise we go through every few months; ad nauseam.

Stop back again when the heat in the kitchen cools down a little.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?