LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 06-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Guru

Default Brainwave binoculars

The gov't is working on a brainwave reader that can learn to detect subconscious reactions to various situatioins. I saw a while back that all the top fighter pilots had some sort of extra sensory capabilities to anticipate the opponent's next move. Sort of sounds like a dowsing device to me. Where do I get one?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
The gov't is working on a brainwave reader that can learn to detect subconscious reactions to various situatioins. I saw a while back that all the top fighter pilots had some sort of extra sensory capabilities to anticipate the opponent's next move. Sort of sounds like a dowsing device to me. Where do I get one?
No, no , no... the top fighter pilots you talk about have some HUD (head up display) or HMDS (helmet mounted display system) or both. The F35 JSF development is a clear example of this "trend".

They both give useful informations and can offer eye driven commands ability, along with the actual trend of voice commands.

Now there's no LRL or remote detection or anything strange about that, it's just cause you can offer more informations to the pilot and let him give commands in shorter time intervals than watching a traditional cockpit display system and alerts and providing some commands with just hands / feet.

Pilots think fast, they use also strategy a lot and so it's really easy you could find good chess players in the USAF or RAF but this don't mean that they have anything abnormal or some special and unknown power... dowsing or whatever you wanna call it.

So I think... you have big imagination...but there's no brain reader in the helmet or the plane, at least in the actual generation of jet fighters!

Or you wanna a missile hit you in the back cause someone at 20000ft had a subconscious reaction flying over your house!?

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Guru

You just don't get it. I'm not talking about flying. I'm talking about a computer that can access your subconscious and tell you when you are getting a specific dowsing response (after you teach it what to look for).
Old 06-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
You just don't get it. I'm not talking about flying. I'm talking about a computer that can access your subconscious and tell you when you are getting a specific dowsing response (after you teach it what to look for).
Please post a link that references this information.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Guru

Do a google search brain-wave binoculars.There isn't much info available but it sure looks like this type of device would help with training a dowser. Maye it is possible to build a basic model with brain electrodes and a frequency scanner/recorder.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Guru

Quote:
Do a google search brain-wave binoculars.There isn't much info available but it sure looks like this type of device would help with training a dowser. Maye it is possible to build a basic model with brain electrodes and a frequency scanner/recorder.
What do you mean ??? Brain sites activation patterns are well known from at least 30years now , then what ?

The machine you have in mind require that the people must train the device using an enormous sequence of images ,at each of them the "reader" shot a picture of active sites and then store in a database.

After the training the machine is able to "predic"t the kind of image you are watching just looking at sites activation of your brain and then making some data interpolation with the database stuff. And then ??? Is this brain reading ?

This could be used by your boss to monitor you during work... so he knows if you're watching at serious (usually boring) stuff or at some nude girl dancing on the monitor and your brain shine like a christmas tree!

I still cannot see anything related to LRL or similar stuff...or anything useful apart observing someone else feelings !

Real mistery what this thread is about, please explain.

Or do you mean maybe the Northrop Grumman / DARPA project for the intelligent binocular ??? So do you really think an artificial intelligence system can emulate a dowser ???

I think you must write something for the movie industry...

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Guru

Yes, I think science is smart enough to use the brainwave binoculars technology to access the subconscious of a dowser. As I have said, dowsing is seeing what is already there (on the subconscious level). Why can't some people understand? Seek and Ye shall find.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Yes, I think science is smart enough to use the brainwave binoculars technology to access the subconscious of a dowser. As I have said, dowsing is seeing what is already there (on the subconscious level). Why can't some people understand? Seek and Ye shall find.
In fact this sounds more like simple pattern recognition.

There was an interesting experiment where the American army used a neural network to examine pictures of American and Russian tanks. After training the network was able to identify all the tank pictures with 100% accuracy. But - when they then used the network to try and identify whether some previously unseen pictures contained an American or a Russian tank, the results were a complete failure. Eventually they discovered the reason ... all the American tank pictures were taken on a sunny day, and the Russian tanks pictures were taken on a cloudy day. The neural network had learned to identify the difference between sunny and cloudy!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont)
Sort of sounds like a dowsing device to me. Where do I get one?
I found this page on the back pages of a server. After I screenshot the page, I found it was removed from the server. Maybe this is the new model some manufacturer is getting ready to release...
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
I found this page on the back pages of a server. After I screenshot the page, I found it was removed from the server. Maybe this is the new model some manufacturer is getting ready to release...
Don't give them ideas.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Guru

Quote:
I see...so you are serious !

"

someone said...
Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Guru

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/06/26/b...?eref=rss_tech
Old 06-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
As I suspected, it's a pattern recognition system - probably based on a neural network:

"...is betting that intelligent binoculars can tap into the brain's ability to spot patterns and movement and help soldiers detect threats from miles farther away ... Those responses will train the binoculars over time to recognize threats."
Old 06-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Guru

Q, you got it right. This is how dowsing works. The subconscious detects it and the computer can recognize it after learning what to look for. Dowsing is sensing what is already there. Your eyes don't have to see it, your skin can detect a much wider range of frequencies than your eyes can. The problem is most people ignore it.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Guru

I read about a telepathy study. They had twelve people trying to receive a message from a person. One or two people got it fairly close, and the others got nothing. But when they looked at the data they recorded they found that the other ten people got the same brainwave patterns at the same time but did not detect it. The message did not reach the threshold of their consciousness.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
I read about a telepathy study. They had twelve people trying to receive a message from a person. One or two people got it fairly close, and the others got nothing. But when they looked at the data they recorded they found that the other ten people got the same brainwave patterns at the same time but did not detect it. The message did not reach the threshold of their consciousness.
I will simply quote David Deutsch, a quantum physics expert at Oxford University:
"The evidence for the existence of telepathy is appalling. If engineers or doctors accepted the level of proof that is accepted by paranormal supporters, bridges would be falling down round the country, and new medicines would be killing more than they cure.'
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Guru

Did this guy to any testing or is that just his opinion?
Old 06-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
Did this guy to any testing or is that just his opinion?
I think he's a theoric guy... like you!

ops... sorry I forget you test by yourself all the stuff you post about here...

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Guru

Seems to me a good test would involve no human interaction. Some sort of conveyor belt system that could randomly position a target and record the results. Even then it might take a dowser some time to get comfortable with the system. For me that could be several days of practice. For me, if I ever get self-conscious I cannot dowse.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:29 PM

Default NG brainwave binoculars

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,369401,00.html
Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 PM

Default Basis for brainwave binocular development:

is Neuromorphic Engineering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromorphic