LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 01-04-2022, 02:38 PM
Guru

Default What is solar magnetic interference?

Most people familiar with long range locators have heard about solar magnetic interference. They might even have heard that it moves the signal line off to the side of the target or that it overpowers the target signal and makes the response weak or not there at all.

Without going into detail, the solar storms change the strength of the earth's magnetic field. Usually this only lasts a few minutes as a time but when a train of solar flares hits the earth these can double-up and produce a long and strong impact. The earth's magnetic flux line are squeezed closer together and shift, too. So how does this affect the LRL? If the LRL is set to work at a certain frequency compared to the earth's magnetic field strength, then when that strength changes the LRL is no longer set right. The signal line is pulled off the target. Some say it usually is pulled to the left. But the point is it is no longer aimed at the target.

How to correct this? Well, like I said it usually only lasts a few minutes at a time, so just waiting five minutes and rechecking your test target to see if it hits right on is the simplest way. But another way is to adjust the frequency to the new magnetic field strength. Anybody familiar with the H3TEC knows it had a magnetomer inside it that adjusted the frequency accordingly, or at least that was the idea. Didn't work that well. I tried it on a version of the Contraption and shelved it for the time being. It always gave a different, even wild reading every time. I tried averaging the mag output, still didn't help. Probably a more stable mag would help, but I haven't done enough research to find one. Of course another option is a stand-alone mag that is stable enough to give an accurate reading and then set that strength into the locator manually. But if the field strength is constantly changing it becomes of game of Whack-a-Mole or beating around the bush where you chase the signal around. This one looks nice but I don't know how stable it is and it is not inexpensive.

https://www.alphalabinc.com/product/em2/

But to get back to the title of this thread, solar magnetic interference is somewhat of a misnomer. Too early for my weak brain to come up with a better term, but I don't like the term "interference" so much. It's really just a shifting of the magnetic field strength. Some people have come up with gimmicks to try and solve this, even come up with names like ghosts or whatever to try to explain the problem.
Old 01-06-2022, 04:21 PM
Guru

I recall reading a book 'The Body Magnetic" the author talked about solar magnetic frequencies that can mimic brain waves. During solar magnetic storms these can mess up the brain of some people to the point of causing epileptic seizures. So it's possible some frequencies could be strong enough to overpower the LRL equipment or at least disturb it. So I guess this really would be "interference". I know some LRL's add more power during storms. In Russia they put sensitive people in shielded rooms during the storms.

I suppose some dowsers might have their brain affected during these storms. I'll stop there. LOL
Old 01-07-2022, 03:33 AM
Guru

I did look at "The Body Magnetic" book and it says the solar magnetic frequencies that affect some people's brain waves are very tiny amounts of energy. So my thinking now is it doesn't take much to throw an LRL signal off the target. But I guess on the same note, it would not take much extra power from the LRL to pull the signal back in line. I was looking at some magnetometer readings and noticed the delta F graph at the finest detail scale looked like a saw blade, whereas at more coarse detail it looked like a smooth line. So I guess my original theory at the start of this thread is not accurate at all.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2022, 04:24 AM
Guru

Here's a chart of magnetic field intensities. Note Earth's magnetic field storms are small compared to Earth's magnetic field.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2022, 02:43 PM
Guru

I've been watching the Kp index and other charts most days since 1996 and I've never been able to correlate much of it with poor locating conditions. Sure, some big storms cause problems but many times I could find no indicator of why conditions went bad. Remote viewers that worked for the US military say solar wind speed is the factor--anything over 600 kph has adverse effects. But there is still something else, so I am suspicious it is these minor fluxuations in the magnetic frequencies.

The "Body Magnetic" book talks about how some planets modulate solar magnetic storms. Saturn is a big one but even Earth's moon is a factor. It's a bit complicated, you will have to read the book. But once Saturn and the moon are in sync, every nine days there is problems when they are 90 or 120 degrees apart. Surprisingly Jupiter has more of a calming effect.

Don't confuse LRL's with dowsing. And many people confuse dowsing with map dowsing which is a psychic phenomena. Pershinger claims high solar activity improves psychic ability but the remote viewers do not hold this viewpoint. They should know. My Contraption is one of the original LRL's design. It wasn't until later when Dell Winders discovered that the signal could be detected with L-rods. Don't know if you have seen some of the predecessors that plugged the L-rods into the receiver headphone outlet. They were able to null out the signal as a form of weight cancelling. I figured this out on my own. Recall when the antenna is turned 90 degrees it nulls out the signal like how the Gold Gun responds to a target. So yeah, you can use L-rods or the electronic receiver but the L-rods give more info about the target. But the ferrite has to be pointed at the target to get teh nulling. That's why I always wondered why the ToTeM did that--it cancels out any response. Watch my video how it nulls the signal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0FI...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-07-2022, 06:17 PM
Guru

Also a good idea to check the magnetic field in the search area. In the past I have relied upon the USGS magnetometer stations or the calculator but today I was having difficulty hitting the target. I got out my smart phone and a magnetometer app and found I was way off on the magnetic field strength. I changed the frequency and it made a big difference. A thousand uT is plenty to throw it off. FInd an mag app that you can freeze the reading. Do it a few times to make sure you get a good average. BTW, the mag on the smart phones can be out of kilter. Take the phone and do a figure "8" pattern vertically and it will set the mag much closer. Of course you have to aim it to magnetic North to get a reading. Still probably not real accurate. I'd sure like to get one of those Earth field Mags in the link post #1.

So maybe my original theory is partially correct--the magnetic field in the search area can be affected by iron or soil mineralization. This is more prominent than a minor solar magnetic storm.