LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 01-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Guru

Default It's a thankless task around here.

I guess people around here must think I'm an ahole because i don't bend to their will. Do I look like an ahole? Okay, don't answer that one. Like one guy said, "If I was an ahole, I wouldn't even talk to you." The opposite of Love is not hate, it's indifference. Pretty easy to do on these forums. I'm speaking here as a guilty party.

I tell you folks, something is not right around here. People all tied up in grabbing gold. Yeah, I've been there and even if i sound like it, I don't claim to be "holier than Thou". And like the contraption I have been obsessed with, I let it own me. I have to say that is sinful. If nothing else, just getting away from something or not having it the center of attention, that release of tension actually helps to let the flow of new ideas in. Well, that's my sermon for the day. Good luck on your projects.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:03 PM
Guru

Here's one you can try. Place pistol locator on a table or whatever so the coil is facing upwards. Wait five to ten minutes then circle it with an L-rod. Look for a response when you are in line with your target. Or you might try to just pick up the locator and aim at your target, see if you get a response after you have charged the target field. Usually the signal line will remain for a couple minutes. Now I've never tried this since I don't own a pistol locator. It might be you get a sky response, in which case this won't work. So the other way would be to point it at your target and just wait for five minutes. i suppose your arm will get tired so maybe you can set it on a chair or something. This is just an experiment to try . Don't know what results you will get.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Guru

My whole whole point here is these pistol locators just not right. The idea you can point it at a target and get a response is a big misunderstanding about how the frequency discriminators work. It almost always takes a few minutes for the line to develop. So the idea of pointing the locator straight up is to charge the entire area then quickly do a scan. Like i said i don't even know if this will work with your locator, but it seems to work with what i am using. So it might be worth a try.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Guru

http://www.lifebridgehealth.org/RIAO...nonDrMont.aspx
Old 01-19-2017, 04:36 PM
Guru

I don't get this post? If you are referring to all my joint disorders from using a metal detector (and wild life style), I don't have the money for surgery. The cancewr surgeries have taken everything I've made in the past few years. Just have to live with it and walk carefully.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Guru

And the idea is that maybe if you do hit a traget, by keeping the locator pointed at it, you will maintain the target field's energy. With an L-rod people say they can get a response for two to three minutes after they turn off power, but with the electronic locator, it will likely be much less time. So, that's my theory for today. And as I've said, I don't have many theories left.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Guru

Probably be better to aim the pistol down instead of up so the circuit board is not blocking the signal. I don't know if this will work or not.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:04 AM
Guru

I fully agree with your thinking....
Old 01-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by folharin View Post
I fully agree with your thinking....
Which part? About me looking like an *****? that was supposed to be a joke. I got it from that movie "Gone in Sixty Seconds". Geez I hate it when I have to explain my jokes.

Okay, just more joking with you. You must know i don't care that much about what people think about me. I just don't like it when people ask a favor then never even reply. Far as I'm concerned that's their way of crapping on me. Certainly not polite and not the way I was raised. And I'll repeat, Nobody gets to Heaven when they harbor hatred in their heart. If you're not thankful for everything, you're missing out on life. And like someone said, Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself. That one's a hard lesson to learn.