LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 11-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Guru

Hola Detectoman
Todo depende de a que metal le saques la fotografÃ*a y además el lente, tipo de filtro, distancia de la toma, cantidad de metal, temperatura, etc etc etc.
Yo solo hago esto en forma mamateur y recién estoy experimentando con el tema.
El fin de semana espero encontrar la fotografÃ*a de 10 monedas de plata para mostrarte como se ve el color y que en ese caso es rojo disperso por el suelo.

Saludos
Nelson

It depends on which metal will also take out the photo and the lens, filter type, shooting distance, amount of metal, temperature, etc etc etc.
I only do this as hamateur and i'm just experimenting with it.
Next weekend i hope to send you a picture of 10 silver coins buried that shows you how it looks and the color is red that is spread out over the ground the ground.

Regards

Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by detectoman View Post
amigo nelson: pero el azul esta muy disperso, se ven focos azules por dondequiera, yo imaginaba un gas que se detenia entre las hierbas y que vuela ok entiendo son pedaceria dispersa, y ese es lo fotografiado, yo imaginaba una aura central unica?

my friend nelson: but the color azul is disperse in distincts points, i no see only a central amount blue then the shot by camera semms how gas
Old 12-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Guru

Here i m sending the picture i took to 10 silver coins buried 15 centimeters on my yard at a distance of 10 meters with Canon EOS 350D, 720 nm filter and 300 mm Macro Sigma len

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson View Post
Hola Detectoman
Todo depende de a que metal le saques la fotografÃ*a y además el lente, tipo de filtro, distancia de la toma, cantidad de metal, temperatura, etc etc etc.
Yo solo hago esto en forma mamateur y recién estoy experimentando con el tema.
El fin de semana espero encontrar la fotografÃ*a de 10 monedas de plata para mostrarte como se ve el color y que en ese caso es rojo disperso por el suelo.

Saludos
Nelson

It depends on which metal will also take out the photo and the lens, filter type, shooting distance, amount of metal, temperature, etc etc etc.
I only do this as hamateur and i'm just experimenting with it.
Next weekend i hope to send you a picture of 10 silver coins buried that shows you how it looks and the color is red that is spread out over the ground the ground.

Regards

Nelson
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Guru

ok nelson thanks very much for you picture, these semms very interstant, i can look here also ¿how any iron wire shadow buried in the soil in oval form?

muy bien nelsoon, muchas gracias por tu foto, eso se mira muy interesante yo puedo mirar alli tambien algo como una sombra de un alambre de hierro enterrado de forma ovalada?

oye nelson, no sera que lo que sale alli de forma roja pudiera ser grasa o rocio en el lente? como podriamos saber si esta detectando el vapor de la oxidacion? quizas podrias hacer un experimento, podrias tu enterrar unas monedas en un cantaro de barro y con tierra humeda con un tubito largo delgadito de plastico relleno de algodon, dejarlas que hagan sulfato, enterrarlas y ver si sale una columnita de gas a lo vertical, la cual pudiera ser retratada, el cantaro deberia tener una tapa de mezcla compactada para que quede sellada y obligue al vaporcito metalizado a nadamas salir por alli claro esta el cantaro estaria agujerado por abajo para que entre la humedad y haga contacto pues yo creo que lo que tu retratas es vapor con iones metalicos
Old 12-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Here i m sending the picture i took to 10 silver coins buried 15 centimeters on my yard at a distance of 10 meters with Canon EOS 350D, 720 nm filter and 300 mm Macro Sigma len
Nelson - It's an illusion.
If there's only 10 coins buried there, then why are there so many red blotches on the photo?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Guru

qiaozhi: may be, nelson camera no shot the metal radiant forms but the metallized gaseous vapor clouds
Old 12-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detectoman View Post
qiaozhi: may be, nelson camera no shot the metal radiant forms but the metallized gaseous vapor clouds
I don't think that's the case, as you can see the outline of the vegetation in the red blotches. This is simply a case of seeing what you want to see, when in reality it's only showing different variations in light intensity.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Guru

Hi Qiaozhi

Well, is ok what you said, and that the point for me, investigate this, so more pictures will be taken from the same site, cause when i did my first shots, where done with diferent setup of my camera. Now i know i must use diferent settings for focus, speed, ISO, etc.
I also read in other forums, that a guy while doing IR aerial photography in his job, discover a place showing diferent colors that took his attention, and after going to the place, they found a vein of gold. So who knows if this realy works. But whats is tru, is that satellites can take IR photos to see diferences on ground, forest, meteorology and mining too.
Taking IR pictures from a foggy seens with normal len and then the same photo with an IR filter, allows you for example to see thing that your normal picture don´t see. This is tru and you can find this on any book that talks about IR photography.

I m attaching some example taked from a book i have

I insist that experimentation must be done or you will never know if is tru or not.

Regards

Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
I don't think that's the case, as you can see the outline of the vegetation in the red blotches. This is simply a case of seeing what you want to see, when in reality it's only showing different variations in light intensity.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Taking IR pictures from a foggy seens with normal len and then the same photo with an IR filter, allows you for example to see thing that your normal picture don´t see.
That's true. But in the case of individual buried coins, you're assuming there will be some heat emitted from the metal that can be distinguished against the ambient background. This is highly unlikely to be detectable by a simple IR filter fitted to a normal camera. Even with more sophisticated equipment, any temperature anomalies would only be associated with large objects or a radiant body.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Guru

Could be, but i had read some articles that does not belong to treasure hunters and David Villanueva books and so on, that tells about how gold can reflect back the energy that absorbs from the sun. Also this has nothing to do with thermal cameras (heat readings), this has to be with some reflection of IR from some metals.
So far, tru or not tru, i will keep my experiments and success or not seccess will be posted here.

Quote:
That's true. But in the case of individual buried coins, you're assuming there will be some heat emitted from the metal that can be distinguished against the ambient background. This is highly unlikely to be detectable by a simple IR filter fitted to a normal camera. Even with more sophisticated equipment, any temperature anomalies would only be associated with large objects or a radiant body.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Guru

What I found is with the photo software you can adjust it until you get something to show up. The chance of that being gold is probably less than some map dowser on t-net.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Could be, but i had read some articles that does not belong to treasure hunters and David Villanueva books and so on, that tells about how gold can reflect back the energy that absorbs from the sun. Also this has nothing to do with thermal cameras (heat readings), this has to be with some reflection of IR from some metals.
So far, tru or not tru, i will keep my experiments and success or not seccess will be posted here.
I have David Villanueva's book - "The Successful Treasure Hunter's Secret Manual", and IMHO it's complete rubbish ... except for a few (6) pages devoted to metal detectors, and a longer section (11 pages) on treasure law. Luckily I picked up this particular copy on eBay for a greatly reduced price.

In this instance I find myself agreeing with Mike (Mont) - [shock, horror] - with the small correction that map dowsing and treasure auras will give equal results ... which is exactly the same as you'll achieve by guessing.

Anyway, don't let me stop you experimenting; and we await the publication of your results.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Guru

Ok Ok Qiaozi, i will take in mind your comments and yes, experiments will continue. After all this is for me just a hobbie.
Thanks
Nelson

Quote:
I have David Villanueva's book - "The Successful Treasure Hunter's Secret Manual", and IMHO it's complete rubbish ... except for a few (6) pages devoted to metal detectors, and a longer section (11 pages) on treasure law. Luckily I picked up this particular copy on eBay for a greatly reduced price.

In this instance I find myself agreeing with Mike (Mont) - [shock, horror] - with the small correction that map dowsing and treasure auras will give equal results ... which is exactly the same as you'll achieve by guessing.

Anyway, don't let me stop you experimenting; and we await the publication of your results.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Guru

I suppose it depends on who the "map dowser" is as to whether it is random chance or not. There are some phony's want people to believe they can map dowse. Like I've said, look at the Star Gate program by the US govt. They had the best guys in the country and the program was shut down. What more proof do you need that amateurs just don't cut it.

The camera filter is a waste of time and money. Sorry to bring the bad news, but like they say when you find yourself in a hole, quit digging. I'd rate this system as dead last of anything I've seen. Coming from me you have to know that is not good.