LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENSKULL View Post
Hi...

you think we can detect treasure underground by infrared filter on our digital camera ???

if everyone have this book please upload in here :

The Successful Treasure Hunter's Secret Manual
Author: David Villanueva

Thanks...
Hi Goldenskull,
I just finished explaining above that I don't think you can do it, and I explained the reasons why it does not work.
You can find treasures with any camera only if they are placed in a location where the camera can photograph them.
This means they must not be buried, but put in a place where you can see the light shine on them.

If you want to detect the head from buried things with a camera, then you need a thermal sensing camera like FLIR camera.
A thermal sensing camera will give you an image of the heat variations on the ground.
Ordinary digital cameras cannot do this regardless of what filters are removed from the camera or added onto the lens.
You can read above to learn the answers.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi Goldenskull,
I just finished explaining above that I don't think you can do it, and I explained the reasons why it does not work.
You can find treasures with any camera only if they are placed in a location where the camera can photograph them.
This means they must not be buried, but put in a place where you can see the light shine on them.

If you want to detect the head from buried things with a camera, then you need a thermal sensing camera like FLIR camera.
A thermal sensing camera will give you an image of the heat variations on the ground.
Ordinary digital cameras cannot do this regardless of what filters are removed from the camera or added onto the lens.
You can read above to learn the answers.

Best wishes,
J_P
Even with a Flir camera you can't "see" in the ground at depth more than 20 ... 30 cm.
I had a Flir before some years....

Regards
Old 10-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Even with a Flir camera you can't "see" in the ground at depth more than 20 ... 30 cm.
I had a Flir before some years....

Regards
Hi Geo,
A thermal imaging camera cannot see into the ground at all.
What it can do is make an image which shows where the temperatures are varying on the ground surface.
Some thermal imaging cameras can do this much better than others.
Most of these cameras are designed for special purposes and they are optimized for different temperature ranges.

How deep an object must be before you can see a temperature difference depends on many things.
we generally look for an area of ground that is cooling or heating as the ambient temperature above the ground is changing.
Under these conditions when the ground is gaining or losing heat, we see the best patterns of heat variation from buried objects.

But other things that can influence how deep you can detect the object include the emissivity if the object, and the difference in emissivity between it and the surrounding soil.
Also the degree of temperature change above the surface that causes the ground to gain or loose heat, and the size of the buried object can influence how deep a buried object's heat pattern can be seen at the surface.
Even ground that has no buried object can show a small temperature variation in locations where holes were dug because the soil is disturbed and not compacted the same as the surrounding soil.
So it can have different emissivity properties than undisturbed soil around it.

This is the reason why I think thermal imaging can help to find treasures in some conditions, but not all.
If you are looking in a war relic field which many people recover ancient artifacts from, then I think the thermal image will show you many holes that are empty, and maybe only a few locations with undisturbed artifacts if they are not too small or too deep to leave a heat image. But if you are in a desert where nobody goes and looking for an ancient treasure trove maybe 5 tons of gold statues in a cavern, maybe 2 meters deep, then I think it will be very helpful to look for signs of heat variation on the surface to locate the cavern.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENSKULL View Post
Hi...

you think we can detect treasure underground by infrared filter on our digital camera ???

if everyone have this book please upload in here :

The Successful Treasure Hunter's Secret Manual
Author: David Villanueva

Thanks...
The book is copyrighted. You cannot load a copy here.
Have a look on eBay. There are often cheap secondhand copies being sold there.