LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Guru

Default Dowsing for Land Mines

A website titled Dowsers Canada is published by John Living, executive secretary of the Holistic Institution Society.
John has published an interesting page titled

DETECTING LANDMINES (or finding lost coins, etc)
BY DOWSING with a Pendulum or Bobber
http://mypage.direct.ca/j/jliving/landmine.htm

On his page, John gives instructions for detecting landmines using a "bobber" (an L-rod made from a bent coat hanger). John explains it is safer to detect land mines with a mechanized mine destroyer if possible. But when these are not available and you decide to use dowsing to locate land mines, you can consult with your guardian angel using a pendulum to make sure it is a good day for land mine dowsing.

This is the first example I have seen of someone promoting dowsing for landmine detection where they are not profiting from the sales of equipment or services.

Does this mean it works?
Will John Living dowse your mine fields?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
This is the first example I have seen of someone promoting dowsing for landmine detection where they are not profiting from the sales of equipment or services.

Does this mean it works?

Best wishes,
J_P
And will he live long enough to tell the tale?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM

Thumbs up

The graviometro can perhaps help in the search of mines, a certain body mass attached to a spring can help make this detection, resulting in an instrument called a gravimeter in the figure below have a classic example of a common graviometro ...
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Guru

A simpler way to arrive at the same end result:

Old 06-23-2010, 12:57 PM

Smile

hi J Player You can call this mode because the end result will be the last of the researcher even hehehehe ...
Old 06-23-2010, 01:11 PM

Talking

Perhaps with a more elaborate circuit does not work better with a fork to detect mines.
Send this simple circuit to friends interested in Radiesthesia, as I said I'm not sencivel this type of detection to know more than one machine does not help improve my case hehehe ... I will continue testing here

Thank you very much
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2010, 02:57 PM

Smile

The coil pickups may be the primary winding of a common power transformer whose nucleus has been removed.
The mechanical system should have a weight on its tip and a magnet that will generate, by induction, the tension signal to move inside the coil.
The oscilloscope should be set to a frequency scan consistent with the phenomenon to be observed, usually a low frequency (0.1 to 10 Hz).
This same circuitry can be coupled to an analog / digital converter (ADC) so that the recorded data can be transferred to a computer, obtaining a more sophisticated analysis of fenômeno.Uma variation of the circuit can be obtained with a pendulum , in which case your line is attached is a small magnet, as shown.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Banned

Default Gamma ray camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
A website titled Dowsers Canada is published by John Living, executive secretary of the Holistic Institution Society.
John has published an interesting page titled

DETECTING LANDMINES (or finding lost coins, etc)
BY DOWSING with a Pendulum or Bobber
http://mypage.direct.ca/j/jliving/landmine.htm

On his page, John gives instructions for detecting landmines using a "bobber" (an L-rod made from a bent coat hanger). John explains it is safer to detect land mines with a mechanized mine destroyer if possible. But when these are not available and you decide to use dowsing to locate land mines, you can consult with your guardian angel using a pendulum to make sure it is a good day for land mine dowsing.

Does this mean it works?

Best wishes,
J_P
I've heard of this being taught in 3rd world counties where countless children have lost legs and or been killed. Better systems are available eg - http://www.csiro.au/files/mediarelea...Prlandmine.htm but the costs of these machines are huge.
It's sometimes a sad world we live in.
Ernie
Old 07-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I've heard of this being taught in 3rd world counties where countless children have lost legs and or been killed. Better systems are available eg - http://www.csiro.au/files/mediarelea...Prlandmine.htm but the costs of these machines are huge.
It's sometimes a sad world we live in.
Ernie
The link you posted has some interesting information about landmine detecting.
According to this article, the United Nations estimates that 26,000 people are killed or maimed each year by land mines.
Of these, 80 per cent are civilians, especially women, children and farmers in developing countries.
An estimated 60-100 million landmines are buried in over 60 countries, mostly in unknown locations.
The Red Cross has estimated that to destroy just the existing mines with current methods and clearing at the current rate, would take over 1000 years.

What is sad is that people are suggesting methods like dowsing to locate landmines when methods that work are available.

The problem with landmines is there is no single method that works best to find them. A combination of several methods is often used for locating various kinds of landmines.
Some methods they list for locating landmines include using metal detectors, GPR, RF methods, thermal and visible imaging, acoustic techniques and X-ray or neutron based sensing technologies.
The new Sciro 3D imaging method uses a small amount of radioisotope (not enough to be a hazard for hand-held detector) to irradiate the ground. Then, by measuring how the gamma-rays scatter from the ground, it is possible to build up a 3D map of the ground beneath the detector and any objects it contains. What they are developing is a gamma detector that is capable of creating a 3D image of the ground beneath the detector.

Sciro has been at the cutting edge of many scientific developments, and has departments focused in developing imaging tools for the mining industry. They have a number of 3D imaging methods that can be implemented with inexpensive equipment by processing the data in their 3D software. Even simple camera images can be used to create 3D computer maps. But the idea of creating a real time 3D view of the ground beneath you and showing what objects are in the ground would be much better than dowsing to locate a landmine.

The Sciro 3D gamma imager is not the only new mine locating method being developed using isotopes to identify hidden objects in the ground.
There are a number of related methods under development by Sciro and other groups who are interested in better mine detection technology.
The people who are responsible for landmine clearing consider these tools to be good as a secondary confirmation check after using time tested methods such as metal detecting and GPR as the primary search method.

You can get some idea of neutron and gamma methods in this PDF file: http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/people/buff...nes%20talk.pdf
You can see videos of the HYDAD detector locating mines on this page: http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/hydad/

Best wishes,
J_P
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciano furtado View Post
Perhaps with a more elaborate circuit does not work better with a fork to detect mines.
Send this simple circuit to friends interested in Radiesthesia, as I said I'm not sencivel this type of detection to know more than one machine does not help improve my case hehehe ... I will continue testing here

Thank you very much
Hi Luciano.
Can you translate what writes in the schematics ??

Regards
Old 07-04-2010, 07:10 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi Luciano.
Can you translate what writes in the schematics ??

Regards
FORQUILHA=FORK
BOBINA CAPTADORA=Coil Pickups
AO OSCILOSCÓPIO=TO OSCILLOSCOPE
IMÃ=Magnet
CABO PARA SEGURAR=CAPE TO HOLD
CABO BLINDADO AO CIRCUITO=ARMORED CABLE TO CIRCUIT
SÁIDA AO OSCILOSCÓPIO=EXIT TO OSCILLOSCOPE
PÊNDULO=PENDULUM
BOBINA=COIL
Old 07-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciano furtado View Post
FORQUILHA=FORK
BOBINA CAPTADORA=Coil Pickups
AO OSCILOSCÓPIO=TO OSCILLOSCOPE
IMÃ=Magnet
CABO PARA SEGURAR=CAPE TO HOLD
CABO BLINDADO AO CIRCUITO=ARMORED CABLE TO CIRCUIT
SÁIDA AO OSCILOSCÓPIO=EXIT TO OSCILLOSCOPE
PÊNDULO=PENDULUM
BOBINA=COIL

Thank you
Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Guru

Angry

Dowsing for land mines???

Is this person completly nuts???

Recommending such thing is absolutly an inexcusable and irresponsable behaviour and a murderous idea sending people into their shure death or suicide!

btw. their doesn't exist such thing as "guardian angels" and if so, for most people they are doing nothing at all (cruel car accidents etc.)!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Guru

Exclamation

btw. http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/hydad/

Quote:
A large proportion of these casualties are caused by small (< 300 gm) plastic antipersonnel landmines (APL).
Shure you can detect such mines with MDs, if the plastic has a different resistance as the ground, same like cavity. But problems may occure in highly mineralized ground, if the mine clearer won't dig out all mineralic stones.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned

Default plastic antipersonnel landmines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder View Post
btw. http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/hydad/

Shure you can detect such mines with MDs, if the plastic has a different resistance as the ground, same like cavity. But problems may occure in highly mineralized ground, if the mine clearer won't dig out all mineralic stones.
The idea behind changing from metal to using plastic is so that it is undetectable. Yes the plastic can be detected but how many detectors can a soldier carry.

Ernie
Old 07-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Guru

If the mine-types are known, the deminers should use the MD that fits best. And if there is none, the best idea would be clearing the fields with some anti-demining-tanks or vehicles. Of course this is not possible in special terrains, but l-rods, dowsing or pendulum is absolutly:
"No go!".
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 PM

Why always rely on costly stuff? Rats can do the job too: http://www.apopo.org/
Old 08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder View Post
If the mine-types are known, the deminers should use the MD that fits best. And if there is none, the best idea would be clearing the fields with some anti-demining-tanks or vehicles. Of course this is not possible in special terrains, but l-rods, dowsing or pendulum is absolutly:
"No go!".
Waahhh! MY MUMMY told me never to play with matches WAAHHH! and MY MUMMY told me dont play with those other boys WAAAHHH! and MY MUMMY TOLD ME.... WAAAHHH!

Tuffin the hell up PRINCESS!
Ernie
Old 08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Guru

Exclamation

@ Ganesh
http://www.apopo.org/bringing_minefi...o_the_rats.php

Nothing against you personally, but this method is ridiculous! Because rats are no explosive-sniffing dogs!

Bring those rats to the minefield and you will find nothing - you will loose them, by running away or even by "explosion".

@ Ernie
Your mom also told you shouldn't play with your d*ck - so just forget it , but DON'T make fun out of this topic!

Read this:
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16588

where Geo found a "Bouncing Betty" (for luck inactive already)! Demining and treasure hunting sometimes is nearly the same and you really should be as careful as possible.

Walking with a dowsing-rod into a mine-field is the same crazy as like walking with a bikini into the radioactiv zone of an atomar-reactor!