LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 05-21-2010, 03:50 AM
Guru

Thumbs up Priceworth China-LRLs !

Maybe somebody here knows the exact price but I guess those Electroscopes from chinametaldetectors found here:

http://www.chinametaldetectors.com/M...ector/Model20/
http://www.chinametaldetectors.com/M...tector/ModelB/

will cost just around 500 dollars. Electroscope is a good term because those signalize electrostatic.
btw. only the antenna unit seem not be not made out of plastic and those devices have a "self-electrostatic" reset button.

Somebody knows what schematic / homebrew plans we have here in the Forum already are the closest to them?

However - just for trying such kind of devices (if someone can't built them self) for the first times it's much more clever buying some that costs only 500 bucks instead of 5000!

And if even the half of the described range works those are pretty powerful:

Quote:
Model-B users can search for outdoor B0 ~ 250 feet of the coins in 1000 feet in size and scope of the larger items. Can search more than 9 meters depth of the larger items.
A second question remaining:
Can you order them worldwide and under what conditions (warranty, payment rules, delivery time)?
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2010, 05:48 AM

I am astounded to the fact that so much time, effort, and discussion (read space) is put into these LRL devices here on this forum. What matters if these devices cost 500 bucks instead of 5000, for you will lose both ways.

I am, and will stay extremely sceptical with devices like this unless solid scientific evidence has been delivered to prove otherwise. And I don't mean just some kind of manipulated video footage backed up by cheap scam talk.

A person who has designed a real working LRL will be spending all his or her time excavating found gold fields and other riches, and NOT waist any time by selling YOU a RIP-OFF device.

No insult intended, but I think that I am just applying some common sense here, and hopefully preventing YOU (even if it is only one person) from being RIPPED-OFF by these scam artists.

Regards,

Robert
Old 05-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder View Post
Somebody knows what schematic / homebrew plans we have here in the Forum already are the closest to them?

And if even the half of the described range works those are pretty powerful:
You should read this first before parting with any money -> http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...pe20/index.dat
Old 05-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Guru

Lightbulb

@ Qiaozhi
Thank you very much for the info!
Do you think the chinese Electroscope uses the same "Pseudo - Circuit" as Carl Moreland had disassembled in the shown link?

@ Cyclonite
It's always good to be sceptical after all those false LRL claims floating around. Imported chinese LRLs could be especially dangerous or a waste of money because of lack testing this before. But on the other hand I can't imagine the company can sell such devices for a longer time if they are completly nonworking crap. So far we even don't know what those will cost - perhaps just 200 bucks.

Shure, it is some money, but sometimes life's a gamble and you have to bet on the right horse. Especially because so far no single one person from this forum seems to has tested the Chinese LRL so far. We need some english writing chinese guys here who can support us and test all their homemade detectors!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
@ Qiaozhi
Thank you very much for the info!
Do you think the chinese Electroscope uses the same "Pseudo - Circuit" as Carl Moreland had disassembled in the shown link?

@ Cyclonite
It's always good to be sceptical after all those false LRL claims floating around. Imported chinese LRLs could be especially dangerous or a waste of money because of lack testing this before. But on the other hand I can't imagine the company can sell such devices for a longer time if they are completly nonworking crap. So far we even don't know what those will cost - perhaps just 200 bucks.

Shure, it is some money, but sometimes life's a gamble and you have to bet on the right horse. Especially because so far no single one person from this forum seems to has tested the Chinese LRL so far. We need some english writing chinese guys here who can support us and test all their homemade detectors!
Of course we cannot be certain, without buying one and dismantling it, but it probably works no better than the original.

In answer to your statement: "... I can't imagine the company can sell such devices for a longer time if they are completly nonworking crap."
There are plenty of examples of "nonworking crap" being sold worldwide, and this has been the case for many years. To quote Einstein: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe".
Old 05-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Guru

I post Thomas Electroscope catalogue, but can't found. Is necessary a "bank" of schematics, drawings, zip, manuals...

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12956
Old 05-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Perusing the Alibaba web site, there are Chinese companies offering for sale almost-exact copies of popular metal detectors from White's, Teknetics, Minelab, etc at cut-rate prices. What we have determined is that these companies are trolling for orders. The detectors haven't actually been made yet*, but if someone placed an order for, say, 5000 units, they would quickly tool up and produce them.

Of course, the buyer of these Chinese knock-offs would end up with detectors that look like a Teknetics T2 or White's V3, but have a poor-performing generic VLF circuit inside. Interestingly, if they do make a knock-off of an Electroscope, any circuit they put inside it would be an improvement over the Real Thing.

- Carl

* Exception is the Minelab GPX-4500 copy, which I'm told really exists.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:11 AM
Guru

Carl,
do you mean that the GPX4500 copy works ok as the prototype???
Old 05-27-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Carl,
Hi @Geo,

You may be interested in reading this about MineLab's fake GPX 4500.

FAKE GPX 4500:
http://golddetecting.4umer.net/gener...4500-t1565.htm

And here you can find General Information about MineLab's GPX 4500.

MineLab's GPX 4500:
http://golddetecting.4umer.net/gpx4500-f12/

Regards,

Robert
Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Guru

@ Qiaozhi
Quote:
There are plenty of examples of "nonworking crap" being sold worldwide, and this has been the case for many years. To quote Einstein: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe".
OK, that beats me!

@ Esteban
Pls will you up the Manual again, the link is dead.

@ all
The Electroscope already is 20 years old? Wow. Is it still produced in the States and for how much it sells there?

However after such long time it should be clear if it's working or not and if it doesn't the chinese wouldn't have any reason to copy it.

And after such long time it should be known on what basis the circuit funcions, if there is a working one at all. What makes the LED blink or the speaker "speaking"? Someone find it out? So at least we can built this device and test it on our owns.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
@ all
The Electroscope already is 20 years old? Wow. Is it still produced in the States and for how much it sells there?

However after such long time it should be clear if it's working or not and if it doesn't the chinese wouldn't have any reason to copy it.
The Chinese just like earning some Money, ... it's called Capitalism!

Actually, the electroscope is about 500 Years Old!

And all it dose, is to show that there is an Electrostatic Charge somewhere (Hey!!, .. so that's why they call it an Electroscope, ... it's because you can see an Electrostatic Charge by means of an Indication Instrument Apparatus). So dose this mean that the Electrostatic Charge is only cased by GOLD, and other treasures? Definitely NOT. Actually, the chance that you will be struck by LIGHTNING when the Electrometer indicates a Charge, is more that a Trillion to one that at the same time a GOLD BAR will fall down on top of your head and crush your scull. Unless you are unlucky enough to be walking around in FORT KNOX at the same time that a pile of GOLD BARS topples down on top of you because it was hit by a Drunk Heftruck Driver who just happened to be starring at a Titless Woman Tranny Colleague wile driving around a shipment of GOLD BARS.

But to stay on topic about an electroscope:

An electroscope is an early scientific instrument that is used to detect the presence and magnitude of electric charge on a body.

It was the first electrical measuring instrument. The first electroscope, a pivoted needle called the versorium, was invented by British physician William Gilbert around 1600.

The pith-ball electroscope and the gold-leaf electroscope are two classical types of electroscope that are still used to demonstrate electrostatics. A type of electroscope is also used in the quartz fiber radiation dosimeter.

Electroscopes detect electric charge by the motion of a test object due to the Coulomb electrostatic force. The electric potential or voltage of an object equals its charge divided by its capacitance, so electroscopes can be regarded as crude voltmeters. The accumulation of enough charge to detect with an electroscope requires hundreds or thousands of volts, so electroscopes are only used with high voltage sources such as static electricity and electrostatic machines.

Regards,

Robert
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonite View Post

Hi Robert,

Is this Small Chinese warlord a famous She He?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Carl,
No, it's a cheap VLF circuit.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder
@ all

And after such long time it should be known on what basis the circuit funcions, if there is a working one at all. What makes the LED blink or the speaker "speaking"? Someone find it out? So at least we can built this device and test it on our owns.
Ummmm...
Didn't you read the answers?
The Chinese are interested in tooling up to produce anything people want to see built. They are experts in producing facimilies of anything someone wants to own for less money.
So what if it doesn't work the same? They can make it look like it is the same. If a lot of people wanted to buy Ouiga boards cheap, the Chinese are ready set up their factories to produce them in volume for a cheap price, same as any LRL you want in volume.

Buy a single copy cheap? Hahahahahahahaaaaaa... Not unless they have some stockpiled somewhere that they can't unload.

I suppose most of the LRL enthusiasts did not build prototypes or clones of the Electroscope because they do not believe it will help them find treasure, and they have more important things to do with their time. But what about how the circuit functions? Haven't you gotten the news?
The circuit diagram was published here: http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...pe20/index.dat

You can see what high technology is involved, and determine for yourself how good it works. If the electronics leave a lot of questions that don't lead to any definite answers, then maybe the best solution is to buy an Electroscope and test it for yourself to see if your findings agree with everyone else's. You can try it for a few months and see how much treasure you bring home when using the Electroscope. Then you will know all the answers first hand instead of trusting other peoples reports.

The idea of building a copy to learn the answers does not work, because you will not be able to complete the difficult calibration procedure that is necessary to properly adjust an Electroscope to find treasure. So, by all means, buy an Electroscope (at a reduced "used equipment" price if possible).

When you find out how well the Electroscope finds treasure, please post a report so the rest of us can see what your experience was.
This will be valuable information for people who do not want to spend the time to build clones or pay for a factory model Electroscope.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 05-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Making fake copies of well known goods has been going on for years in the Far East.

Here's a photo of my Rolex Oyster Perpetual DATEJUST (Superlative Chronometer, Officially Certified, Swiss Made) ... but purchased by the Great Wall, north of Beijing.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Guru

Default ROLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Making fake copies of well known goods has been going on for years in the Far East.

Here's a photo of my Rolex Oyster Perpetual DATEJUST (Superlative Chronometer, Officially Certified, Swiss Made) ... but purchased by the Great Wall, north of Beijing.

Here is my ROLEX... possible from CHINATOWN,and water proof

Name:  01150004.JPG
Views: 3505
Size:  294.4 KB
Old 05-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Guru

Default Chinese Copies

Quote:

Anyway,i supose the Rolex copies have some level of quality,or i´m wrong ?

Regards
Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Guru

Quote:

@ Esteban
Pls will you up the Manual again, the link is dead.

Her you are:

http://www.rexresearch.com/radionics/radionics.htm
Old 05-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Anyway,i supose the Rolex copies have some level of quality,or i´m wrong ?

Regards
The watches you see in Morgan's and my posts are good quality copies, but there are many which are not. The bad qualitiy items often have a plastic clock mechanism inside that does not last very long. I don't know about Morgan's, but mine is purely mechanical with a kinetic windup device. If you wear it every day, you never need to wind it by turning the knob.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Looks just like my Rolex, bought in NYC from a guy wearing a trench coat (no kidding).

Psst... hey you... come over here... I got some nice LRLs for sale... all top quality... finest LRLs money can buy.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
Looks just like my Rolex, bought in NYC from a guy wearing a trench coat (no kidding).

Psst... hey you... come over here... I got some nice LRLs for sale... all top quality... finest LRLs money can buy.

Attached Images

Old 05-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
No, it's a cheap VLF circuit.
Thanks