LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 01-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Guru

So...finally...is there any real working "bomb detector" on the market (except dogs, reptilles, pigs etc....etc... )?

Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rov View Post
Hi Muntari,hows your project going?Feel sure any if any outcomes will come from OZ.from deep developers like you.as we know ML started this way,an contibute globaly in the biggest way!Cheers! Rov.

Hi Rov,

Slowly at present due to other business activities but some field testing has been completed.

cheers

Muntari
Old 01-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
Yes, particle sniffers are possible. Dogs are a good example. But these devices are just ordinary dowsing rods.

3 more bombs went off in Baghdad today.
And seems this not new molecular detection can be a good option.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
And seems this not new molecular detection can be a good option.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Guru

http://publications.drdo.gov.in/gsdl...48.dir/doc.pdf
Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Guru

Thumbs down

I was just about to download and read article from this page:

http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/...schem.49.1.203

But than, after registration, i was informed that i need to pay $20.00 for to access it!?!?!

Yeah..sure! Like hell!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivconic View Post
So...finally...is there any real working "bomb detector" on the market (except dogs, reptilles, pigs etc....etc... )?
Nature is provided with most sofisticated detection as the nose of the dogs. You must to know this! Ivconic, do you think I'm stupid? You make missinterpretation of words to discredite others, not only me...

But also dogs was used in war as "suicide weapon". Poor animal! Trained for to explode with the mine! The mine was attached to a wand. Dogs earn launched to get under vehicles and the rod touched the vehicle and... boom!

See pic.

AT mean anti tank:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3432

"Soviets tested the AT dogs during the military conflict with Japan in 1939 quite successfully, destroying several Japanese light tanks.
In August 1941 Soviets had 10 army units of AT dogs (consisted of 4 companies till July 1942, later - of 2 companies. Each company had 126 dogs). Such At dog units also had AT rifles platoons and snipers for killing the missed dogs with explosives. The first action AT dogs saw during the battle of Moscow in autumn 1941, 28th unit of AT dogs destroyed 42 German tanks and 2 armoured cars during the battle of Stalingrad. In one battle 15 from 17 dogs could reached the German tanks.
Till October 1943 (when AT dog units were disbanded) Soviet Army had 2 regiments of AT dogs and 168 separate units, battalions and companies of AT dogs. Taking into consideration such big amount of AT dog units 300 destroyed German tanks seems reasonable, even not enough for 2 regiments and 168 units (that means that every unit with hundreds dogs could destroy only 2 tanks in average, a very ineffective, I would say......If the info about 28th unit is correct - 44 destroyed German AFVs during one battle, that means that the majority of AT dog units was completely unsuccessful!)

In principle, this idea is very strange as Soviet Army had quite sufficient amount of infantry AT rifles during the battle of Moscow and Stalingrad and using good AT rifles against tanks seems for me much more effective, safety and cheaper than unpredictable dog with two AT mines."

My explanation about the doubdt of the above: this group of dogs produces psichological influences in nazis, so, they start shooting against any dog they see!!!

Read history for to learn... read!!! Many things invented today are simple sofistication of the same invented in the past...
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Guru

"...Read history for to learn... read!!! Many things invented today are simple sofistication of the same invented in the past..."

Relly!???
You don't say...!?

Esteban i know what you are aiming on.
If use of dogs was such good solution than we would'nt have so many explosions around the world.
Many things can be done in certain conditions, but also failed to be done in other conditions. Pitty.
Without most advanced technology we could not be sure and expect constant success and security.
Dogs are still good in locating drugs, no doubt on that.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Guru

Quote:
"...Read history for to learn... read!!! Many things invented today are simple sofistication of the same invented in the past..."

Relly!???
You don't say...!?

Esteban i know what you are aiming on.
If use of dogs was such good solution than we would'nt have so many explosions around the world.
Many things can be done in certain conditions, but also failed to be done in other conditions. Pitty.
Without most advanced technology we could not be sure and expect constant success and security.
Dogs are still good in locating drugs, no doubt on that.
You must to know that dogs are used for to detect explosives, too...
Old 01-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Guru

"Many things can be done in certain conditions, but also failed to be done in other conditions."
Old 01-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Guru

Quote:
"Many things can be done in certain conditions, but also failed to be done in other conditions."
This is true. Occurs with all kind of instruments. For example a common MD failed to found a silver coin at 1 m depth, but a good magnetic pistol done the job and at some distance too!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:42 AM

Best explosives detector EVER is a dog. Nothing mad made can get close. it has been proven that one Springer Spaniel (I forget the name) could detect explosives at a concentration of .001 ppm that's one in 1 BILLION. No man made device has got even half of that. In fact, think about this.. The NEXT time you walk though an airport and they "swab" your laptop (supposedly for explosives traces) take a quick look at the person who is doing the swabbing, AND the guy who is ALWAYS standing behind them. What do you think they're looking for? WRONG!! they're looking for your reaction, to see if you are acting nervously (they're trained for it).

Another of my hobbies is fishing, and I use "Yellow Tail" Lugworm for bait. They contain Iodine, used in some EXPLOSIVES. Iodine stains also your fingers yellow, as does handling most any nitric acid based explosive, so to anyone who KNEW what to look for correctly, I would have been taken aside and my fingernails swabbed underneath. I should have been detained until a full analysis has been carried out, but, despite bright yellow fingers and palms I was allowed to continue onto the plane. Moreover I had been reloading a black powder cartridge gun earlier that week and using my laptop to calculate loads (to give specific velocities) so my laptop should have flagged up as having traces on it....NOTHING and I could even see black powder dust on the keyboard. Go figure!!

These "people in authority" rely on the ignorance of the general public, much like beeper manufacturers do with their made up terms and pseudo science. Airport security? Don't make me laugh, I don't for ONE MINUTE believe that those explosives detectors are anything more than a deterrent.

Welcome to the world of u-r-connedby.gov!

As for using dogs to blow up tanks.. That's just cruel. Anyway why is the dog about to blow up a RUSSIAN T34 (maybe it's defected)??? I reckon the Russians were SO short of ammo they ACTUALLY trained dogs to retrieve rounds fired at a target that missed. The ULTIMATE FETCH!! HAHAHAHA Maybe the dogs drank acid, then p*@sed on the tanks tracks thus dissolving them?