LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 PM

Default My Experiments

Since I've been on this forum for many years and only added comments to posts I thought I should start contributing. So here goes. I built a simple fet ion detector that had a 100 micrometer in the drain lead and connected the gate to one end of a Aqua Aura Crystal. The other end of the crystal was connected to a copper disk as the antenna. Results: the meter stayed at a constant level-period. So OK I reconfigured the single FET as a Pierce oscillator with this crystal just to see if I could make it oscillate and since it was not cut properly there no oscillation. I have several papers the different axis of crystals but this was a experiment that was quick,easy and just for fun so yes I do know better.

What does intrigue me though seriously is building a modified version of Estebans modulated light. My version will use a red laser instead of a red LED and instead of listening to the sound change on an FM radio I will have a simple phase detector to detect the changes in the laser beams phase with respect to the modulator. If the phase detector from Don Lancastors CMOS book isn't good enough then it's going to be a 74hc4046 PLL for precision measurements. So stay tuned.

I can't believe that Esteban still isn't well enough to get on the Forum. Anyone know how long before he can join us?

Randy
Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 AM
Guru

Hi Seden.
Last time i try to design a circuit for caves. It needs to measure the phase difference of two signals. Can you give me the schematic of Don Lancastors Cmos book????
As i remember Max made the experiment with Estebans modulated laser but without results.
Anyway i wait for your results.
Before 3...4 months i spoke with Esteban and his eyes was not OK yet.
Good luck with your experiments
Old 04-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Guru

elecronician tegnic lrl brother esteban isnt good of healt, he cant post here due critic eyes faulths, best regards to all
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM

Default Don Lancasters Phase Detector

Geo,

I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday so will copy the schematic and get it to you.

Detectoman- Sorry to hear Esteban's eyes are STILL not healed. I wish he could come to the US and see one of our top Doctors. Thanks for the update.

Randy
Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Guru

seden, esteban our best guru, great brohdy, great friend, never egoist in geotech, may be exist any good eye´s doctor what can gave at our dear estaban totally healt, esteban help in project in past very much to all us

esteban nuestro mejor sabio de lrls, gran hermanito, gran amigo, nunca egoista en los foros de geotech, ojala exista un buen doctor oculista que le pueda dar a nuestro querido esteban su completa salud el lo merece, esteban ayudo en el pasado y muchismo a todos nosotros, saludos
Old 04-10-2013, 07:59 AM

Default Phase Shift Detecor

Ok if I can get this right, here is the simple Phase Shift Detector I'm going to try first-Randy
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Guru

Thank you Randy.
I"ll try it at my design, i believe that there is not problem to work properly at 100Khz

Regards
Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Guru

Randy, you are going to have to explain it to the electronically challenged (me). What is S#1 and S#2? Are these photoresistors with an amplifier? I don't understand how this operates. Do you reflect the laser off a target onto S1? Sorry for my ignorance.