LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 12-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Guru

Default How to construct a Test area for LRLs

Hi.
Before 2 days i made a test area for LRL. I made it with mercury!!!!
I believe the "phenomenon" to be ready after 2...3 months.
Sorry for bad quality of photos, but i took them with my mobile.
First i opened a hole at 35 cm depth and about 35...40 cm diameter.
I put inside the hole a platter from glass. I filled the platter with soil and i threw the mercury inside the platter.
I closed the hole with the soil and the test area is OK.

Regards
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Guru

Here the rest photos
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2009, 08:07 AM

Hi Geo,

good work!
did you test this test area with a LRL ?
please tell us about your test...
Old 12-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Default MERRY CHRISTMAS & A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR......

Hello Geo,

My LRL is set to frequency of Hg but won't be able to detect the buried Hg in my test garden but the gold ring instead. One thing good about mercury is, it will create a signal line to where the gold ring was buried a year ago.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENSKULL View Post
Hi Geo,

good work!
did you test this test area with a LRL ?
please tell us about your test...
Hi. As i wrote i will see the results after 2...3 months.
I made the same test before years but the mercury was not inside the a glass platter so after some time (i think 1+1/2 month) i lose the "phenomenon".
Now, i wait.....
Old 12-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatofglory View Post
Hello Geo,

My LRL is set to frequency of Hg but won't be able to detect the buried Hg in my test garden but the gold ring instead. One thing good about mercury is, it will create a signal line to where the gold ring was buried a year ago.
Did you put the mercury inside a platter or directly to earth???
Old 12-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatofglory View Post
Hello Geo,

Incredible! If only these things actually worked the way you fantasize. There is no specific frequency(?) for mercury. All LRL/MFDs, if accompanied by a list of frequencies for various elements is pure BS. These so-called frequencies were arrived at empirically, and as such are a totally random selection based strictly on the individual operator choosing them. In essence, these frequencies(?) are totally bogus and a complete waste of time and resources.

Mercury does not produce signal lines. Signal lines are a figment of someone's imagination; probably an LRL scam artist salesman.

I can't think of a single good thing about mercury. If you ingest even a small amount of the fumes/vapors, there will be some liver damage. Handling it is also hazardous, since it can enter the body through the skin.

Burying it in the ground, no matter the container, will only serve to pollute the earth and the water supply in the immediate area.

Back in the late 1970s, we were still etching some printed circuit boards using ammonium persulfate with a few drops per gallon of mercury catalyst, and the mercury catalyst was not actual mercury, but a derivative of mercury. Even that mixture was banned (in the early 80s) from use, and boards were etched with ferric-chloride to eliminate any trace of or use of mercury derivatives.

The use of mercury has never aided anyone in uncovering or locating treasures. Fooling around with it can only cause you harm and damage the environment.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Did you put the mercury inside a platter or directly to earth???
Hi,

No, I put it inside a sealed glass container to prevent soil contamination
Old 12-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus
Incredible! If only these things actually worked the way you fantasize. There is no specific frequency(?) for mercury. All LRL/MFDs, if accompanied by a list of frequencies for various elements is pure BS. These so-called frequencies were arrived at empirically, and as such are a totally random selection based strictly on the individual operator choosing them. In essence, these frequencies(?) are totally bogus and a complete waste of time and resources.

Mercury does not produce signal lines. Signal lines are a figment of someone's imagination; probably an LRL scam artist salesman.

I can't think of a single good thing about mercury. If you ingest even a small amount of the fumes/vapors, there will be some liver damage. Handling it is also hazardous, since it can enter the body through the skin.

Burying it in the ground, no matter the container, will only serve to pollute the earth and the water supply in the immediate area.

Back in the late 1970s, we were still etching some printed circuit boards using ammonium persulfate with a few drops per gallon of mercury catalyst, and the mercury catalyst was not actual mercury, but a derivative of mercury. Even that mixture was banned (in the early 80s) from use, and boards were etched with ferric-chloride to eliminate any trace of or use of mercury derivatives.

The use of mercury has never aided anyone in uncovering or locating treasures. Fooling around with it can only cause you harm and damage the environment.
Hi Theseus,
Of course mercury can be extremely hazardous, but it has had uses in recovering gold.
Early miners and panners used it to amalgamate fine particles of gold from excavated soil to make it easier to concentrate the gold.
From there they could easily collect the drops of mercury and heat them until the mercury evaporated and left the gold behind in the heating vessel.

Since July, 2006 the RoHS directive prohibits using mercury and other hazardous materials for electronics manufacture in the member countries of the European Union. The European Union also enforces the WEEE directive (waste electrical and electronic equipment) to keep toxic materials from being disposed of in a way that they can enter the air, or ground water and agricultural areas. Of course, lead, mercury, and cadmium are listed among the 6 toxic materials that are enforced. But these directives apply only to electronic equipment. There are no RoHS or WEEE laws that specifically prohibit pouring pure mercury into a bowl buried in the ground.

Also, the concentration of mercury waste that is considered toxic is 0.1%. If we look at the size of the farmland where Geo's mercury test hole is located, the weight of mercury poured in the ground compared to the total weight of soil in the field will render this plot of farmland to be below the toxic limits for human consumption. So when considering the entire field for an average concentration, this test hole represents an insignificant amount of mercury, and it does not violate the RoHS or WEEE directives designed to protect the environment.

Some quick facts about the RoHS and WEEE directives:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restric...nces_Directive

Of course, any LRLs used at this mercury test hole will be RoHS compliant, as they are covered under the RoHS directive.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi Theseus,
Of course mercury can be extremely hazardous, but it has had uses in recovering gold.
Early miners and panners used it to amalgamate fine particles of gold from excavated soil to make it easier to concentrate the gold.
From there they could easily collect the drops of mercury and heat them until the mercury evaporated and left the gold behind in the heating vessel.
Yes, I know. And many miners have suffered health problems and died as a result of using the mercury and then heating up the mercury to vaporize it, leaving the gold behind. Some would put the mercury and gold amalgamate inside a potato, and then roast the potato, sending the mercury into the potato. Not sure what their intelligence level was, but I understand that some would then eat the potato.

Quote:
Also, the concentration of mercury waste that is considered toxic is 0.1%. If we look at the size of the farmland where Geo's mercury test hole is located, the weight of mercury poured in the ground compared to the total weight of soil in the field will render this plot of farmland to be below the toxic limits for human consumption. So when considering the entire field for an average concentration, this test hole represents an insignificant amount of mercury, and it does not violate the RoHS or WEEE directives designed to protect the environment.
Whether the mercury used constitutes a toxic waste, or not, is a moot point, since just handling the stuff is a health hazard, and there is no reason to do so, because it does not cause signal lines in the first place.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 12-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
Yes, I know. And many miners have suffered health problems and died as a result of using the mercury and then heating up the mercury to vaporize it, leaving the gold behind. Some would put the mercury and gold amalgamate inside a potato, and then roast the potato, sending the mercury into the potato. Not sure what their intelligence level was, but I understand that some would then eat the potato.

Whether the mercury used constitutes a toxic waste, or not, is a moot point, since just handling the stuff is a health hazard, and there is no reason to do so, because it does not cause signal lines in the first place.
Hmmmm....
You mean you wouldn't eat food grown at that farm?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Guru

Hi Theseus,

Ok, I read your words about toxic problems from mercury.
And I did some checking online to see if there's really anything to worry about.

You will never guess what I found...

This stuff is a major hazard!
It gets into the ground water and runs off into streams and lakes to poison all the plants along the way.
The vapors get into the air and travel wherever the wind carries them. Then any animals who eat the plants
in the contaminated areas will retain the mercury. This means any plants or animals we eat that were in a
contaminated area will add more mercury to our bodies.

Not only has the European Union outlawed dumping mercury waste, it is a concern all over the world.
Some people are dying from mercury poisoning in their food, while others are living with chronic symptoms
caused by mercury ingestion. I had no idea how dangerous mercury is.
Even the health care industry is taking measures to remove mercury from their inventory of medicines and instruments.
No wonder it is listed as one of the four toxic metals in the RoHS directive.

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...elect23=Choose
http://www.lgean.org/toxics/mercury.htm
http://seafood.ucdavis.edu/pubs/mercury.htm
http://www.hercenter.org/facilitiesa...ds/mercury.cfm
http://blog.seattlepi.com/devouringseattle/archives/160489.asp

White storks in Greece consume less mercury when they stay away from lakes and rivers:
http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/con...2599909&db=all

http://www.mercuryexposure.org/index.php?page_id=29
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...08369708998098
http://books.google.com/books?id=Dps...age&q=&f=false

Farmlands in Spain destroyed by mercury poisoning:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/84562.stm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...7520/index.htm
http://mybay.umd.edu/toxicchemicals.html

When George Bush was president of the USA, he supported mercury pollution: http://irregulartimes.com/mercuryman.html

North Carolina is a leader in the USA for land without toxic-waste: http://www.toxicfreenc.org/involved/.../farmland.html

Well, I guess you were right on this one.
I will be more careful where my food comes from.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
This stuff is a major hazard!
It gets into the ground water and runs off into streams and lakes to poison all the plants along the way.
The vapors get into the air and travel wherever the wind carries them. Then any animals who eat the plants
in the contaminated areas will retain the mercury.
So assuming we could build a mercury sniffer, we could detect it at long range and follow it´s line (wind or water) untill we find the source ?
Don´t this sound as LRL ??
Old 12-27-2009, 01:07 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
So assuming we could build a mercury sniffer, we could detect it at long range and follow it´s line (wind or water) untill we find the source ?
Don´t this sound as LRL ??
Ummmm...
I think yer s'posta look for a trail of dead or deformed plants and animals.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-27-2009, 03:03 AM

Default Mercury Sniffers/Analyzers

Fred,

I own 3 mercury analyzers. Your idea would work only if the air was totally still and the weather was hot to a certain degree. The correct method of Geochemical prospecting via mercury content in soil is by taking soil samples and heating them up in a closed vessel with a tiny hole in it and then drawing the fumes and pumping them into the analyzer.

Randy
Old 12-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Guru

The Bowl it retains mercury so that it does not enter in the soil. Vapors are indeed exist and they will come out to outside, other they are very small for a open space, if judging from the size of mercury
Still bowl is placed in region that is not cultivated while at the same time there is not accessible in other people. I believe that this time the environment does not run no danger through of pollution.
However it will be supposed you report also the repercussions from the lead that exists in the matters of soldering for electronic elements? According to Community directive RoHS the lead should be suppressed, other I do not see any industry to stop use it
Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Guru

Quote:

The Au-198 at his precession toHg-198 emits photons of energy ~0,41MeV
Old 12-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Guru

Quote:
The Bowl it retains mercury so that it does not enter in the soil. Vapors are indeed exist and they will come out to outside, other they are very small for a open space, if judging from the size of mercury
Still bowl is placed in region that is not cultivated while at the same time there is not accessible in other people. I believe that this time the environment does not run no danger through of pollution.
However it will be supposed you report also the repercussions from the lead that exists in the matters of soldering for electronic elements? According to Community directive RoHS the lead should be suppressed, other I do not see any industry to stop use it
The point is; it is ridiculous to mess around with mercury in a bowl, or sealed container of any kind, since it cannot produce signal lines, and thus is of no aid to you as pseudo target.

It can only serve as a health hazard to you, other persons in the area and a toxic pollutant to the environment where you've buried it.

There are no precautions you have taken to prevent any of these things from happening, so no need to attempt to justify your actions. What's done is done!

I'm just very glad you did this in your country, and not mine.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Guru

Quote:
I'm just very glad you did this in your country, and not mine.
I am sure for it!!!!!
You have not problem for the destruction of the Yugoslavia.... Iraq... Afganistan.... etc, because these countries are not yours
Old 12-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Guru

Quote:
I am sure for it!!!!!
You have not problem for the destruction of the Yugoslavia.... Iraq... Afganistan.... etc, because these countries are not yours
I have no idea what your point is.

If you are mad at me for pointing out your flagrant mis-use of mercury. So be it. But why the mention of these other countries? No reason to make this a political issue.... is there?

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 12-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Guru

Quote:
I have no idea what your point is.

If you are mad at me for pointing out your flagrant mis-use of mercury. So be it. But why the mention of these other countries? No reason to make this a political issue.... is there?
You're very glad if Geo don't make this "not very invasive" test area in your country, but Geo also will be very glad is your country don't use other countries as test areas of bombs, for example...
Old 12-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Guru

A little strange logic, if they can absurd bombing, I can absurd poisoning. I do not support such logic.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:17 PM

I find it hard to believe that there are still people dreaming that LRL detectors actually work (especially people that visit a technical site such as geotech). There is no proof and there will never be. Some people actually make money tricking others into buying these crappy things. But why would anybody else waste time with them?
With a real metal detector it is easy to identify if a piece of metal is present at a decent distance. With a LRL nobody can detect a piece of metal even if it is present at 1mm, 1cm, 10cm, 1m or 10m. How more obvious can it be they simply don't work?

Regards,
Nicolae
Old 12-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Guru

For me is very hard no think in it since I learn of a man who make miracles in this field. The possibility with electronic methods is infinite. So is more hard negate it.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
For me is very hard no think in it since I learn of a man who make miracles in this field. The possibility with electronic methods is infinite. So is more hard negate it.
Hi Esteban,

What kind of miracles? If you have ten pots with soil and hide two coins in them, can he or you identify the right pots? Or, even better, is a skeptical person able to use a LRL? In case him/you are not able to specify the right pots, at least you can have a miriad of reasons why it didn't work. If I use a standard metal detector and fail, there can be only one explanation: my detector must be a LRL

Regards,
Nicolae