LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 11-23-2011, 03:40 PM

Cool Please Answer???

hi to all
Whether the device is used as the Earth's magnetic field sensor.Whether it is for the detection of metals located in the basement can be used remotely?
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesy64 View Post
hi to all
Whether the device is used as the Earth's magnetic field sensor.Whether it is for the detection of metals located in the basement can be used remotely?
Only for bigger metal ore deposits (especially Ferro type) in soil which can cause sensible anomalies in Earth magnetic field. Not useful for small targets.

But can work the same way as most known LRL pistols.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Guru

OMG ! this is a modern copy of the PD !
Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 PM

tank you wm6
What can be the circuit's sensitivity to small metals such as coins would not?
What do you mean the big metal?What size?
Whether it is used as a real pD?
e high sensitivity of the large size of the ferrite and coil circuit?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:30 PM

Dear Friends!
This VLF Reciver I took over from the Greek Forum "Psaxtiria":
http://www.psaxtiria.net/forum/index.php

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please Geotech1 more experienced forum members to provide their solution ferrite coil for the VLF Reciver.
Thanks in advance!
Regards
Zocky-Zocky
Old 11-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
tank you wm6
What can be the circuit's sensitivity to small metals such as coins would not?
What do you mean the big metal?What size?
Whether it is used as a real pD?
e high sensitivity of the large size of the ferrite and coil circuit?
For coin it cannot be used for sure.

For other target sensitivity depend on "virginity" of terrain: in soil hard polluted with civilisation trash there will be too much disturbing signals to differentiate it from useful signals. On clear terrain you can detect one 50x50cm metallic plate at some meter distance (it depend on detecting angle too).

Of course sensitivity (in fact directivity) depend on how large ferrite rod is (you can glue two ferrite rod together to enlarge it).

You need first to tune your Earth signal detector to strongest and steady signal (Earth signals are not the same during time of day).
Old 11-23-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Whether it is for the detection of metals located in the basement can be used remotely?

good probe for all any electro-magnetic sources' types detection. you will see and learn how much our planet had been dirtied by so named white noise spectre (american and europe union hitech industry does all your probe is working fine). practical value there is not.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post

For other target sensitivity depend on "virginity" of terrain: in soil hard polluted with civilisation trash there will be too much disturbing signals to differentiate it from useful signals. On clear terrain you can detect one 50x50cm metallic plate at some meter distance (it depend on detecting angle too).

Of course sensitivity (in fact directivity) depend on how large ferrite rod is (you can glue two ferrite rod together to enlarge it).

You need first to tune your Earth signal detector to strongest and steady signal (Earth signals are not the same during time of day).
tank you very much wm6
Please help me to build a sensitive ferrite and information necessary to make the antenna give???
Wire and the wires and the ferrite???
waiting your answer
whith recpect
Old 11-24-2011, 05:48 AM
Guru

Quote:

Hi WM6,
This could be used as a nice metal detector for large objects.
But I was wondering if you can post a circuit with tuning instructions for a long range detector that gives a flat response over the treasure metal band?
I am mostly interested in the gold/silver band, but I also would like to detect the platinum alloys which might be found when people lose their jewelry at the beach.

A simple analogue circuit with ferrite would be good, but I prefer a hybrid with a 256 channel detector plus 4 application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs), comprising 64 channels each, which perform front end analogue signal processing, A/D conversion and multiplexing.
of course, the unit must be portable to carry into the field.
And it must be able to contend with the rigors of hiking over hill and dale, and must be rugged enough to withstand occasional dropping in the mud during the treasure hunting operations.
However, if the platform is spin-stabilised, the earth image could be stabilised on the detector using a de-spin mirror.
Then the earth image would be present on the detector only for 40 ms at the most, and the S/N could be kept to acceptable levels for jewelry recovery purposes.

Maybe this is too much to ask, but I would like if you can post a project that can do this if it is possible.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-24-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi WM6,
But I was wondering if you can post a circuit with tuning instructions for a long range detector that gives a flat response over the treasure metal band?
I am mostly interested in the gold/silver band, but I also would like to detect the platinum alloys which might be found when people lose their jewelry at the beach.

A simple analogue circuit with ferrite would be good, but I prefer a hybrid with a 256 channel detector plus 4 application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs), comprising 64 channels each, which perform front end analogue signal processing, A/D conversion and multiplexing.
And it must be able to contend with the rigors of hiking over hill and dale, and must be rugged enough to withstand occasional dropping in the mud during the treasure hunting operations.
However, if the platform is spin-stabilised, the earth image could be stabilised on the detector using a de-spin mirror.
Then the earth image would be present on the detector only for 40 ms at the most, and the S/N could be kept to acceptable levels for jewelry recovery purposes.

Maybe this is too much to ask, but I would like if you can post a project that can do this.

Best wishes,
J_P
WM6 = Merlin

Regards!
Zocky-Zocky
Old 11-24-2011, 06:55 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zocky-Zocky View Post
WM6 = Merlin

Regards!
Zocky-Zocky
Hi Zocky-Zocky,

Maybe you are correct.
But I hear a different story...
Dr. Best = Merlin

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi WM6,

Maybe this is too much to ask, but I would like if you can post a project that can do this if it is possible.

Best wishes,
J_P
Hi J_P

you are known as passionate fisherman.

For fishermans this veeery long range detector will not work due excessive humidity in their shoes.

So sorry.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi J_P

you are known as passionate fisherman.

For fishermans this veeery long range detector will not work due excessive humidity in their shoes.

So sorry.
Hi WM6,
Fisherman shoe humidity is not a problem.
I can get shoes made from Teflon.
These shoes are expensive.
But they are worth the money because they solve the fisherman humidity problem.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Guru

Quote:
Please help me to build a sensitive ferrite and information necessary to make the antenna give???
Wire and the wires and the ferrite???
You use ferrite rod for ferrite antenna say 10x200mm, but in rule "the larger, the better". You can glue (with glue for ceramics) two ferrite rod together as on drawing. CuL wire diameter less than 0.2mm. Wire can be wound iregular (in zig-zag manner).

Final inductance of about 57mH. I cannot say how much turns, it depend on ferrite you use. You need to wind first 100 turns, measure inductance and calculate approximative number of turns.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Guru

Quote:

I can get shoes made from Teflon.
These shoes are expensive.
But they are worth the money because they solve the fisherman humidity problem.
Teflon? Ekcellent stuff.
I am only not sure, maybe it can bring you out of sensomotoric ground balance?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Guru

Quote:
Teflon? Ekcellent stuff.
I am only not sure, maybe it can bring you out of sensomotoric ground balance?
Of course sensomotoric balance is compromised when not wearing rubber fishing boots.
But this is not important when we are not trying to maintain balance on a fishing boat.
When we are treasure hunting and we have a fully electronic long range multi-band spin-stabilised LRL, the sensomotoric balance is no longer needed.
This is because the electronic LRL will work even while we sit inside the helicopter with seat-belts fastened and fly to the location where it directs us to.
The only remaining problem with the Teflon boots is they do not become dirty because of their non-stick properties.
Dirt seems to simply fall off.
But this is not a problem...
It means I do not need to wash my Teflon boots unless I step in something that is very sticky.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Guru

Quote:

Dirt seems to simply fall off.
But this is not a problem...
It means I do not need to wash my Teflon boots unless I step in something that is very sticky.
Sounds very promising. Probably your Teflon boots are the same thing as NASA used for moonwalking?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Guru

Quote:
Sounds very promising. Probably your Teflon boots are the same thing as NASA used for moonwalking?
Moon walking?
According to Rocketdyne's head of technical publications Bill Kaysing, the moon was never walked on...
But I saw people walking in water where fish are caught with my own eyes.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
hi to all
I wonder what year is the number of this Elektor.?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoloji View Post

I wonder what year is the number of this Elektor.?
I am wonder too.
I even cannot find where I am posting first time this circuit here on forum. Mesy not decided to got us link.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Guru

Quote:
I am wonder too.
I even cannot find where I am posting first time this circuit here on forum. Mesy not decided to got us link.
Hi WM6,

Here is where you first posted this circuit: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...86#post=131986

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 11-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi WM6,

Here is where you first posted this circuit: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...86#post=131986

Best Wishes,
J_P
Thanks J_P.

With two glued ferrite antenna rods we can get of about 40cm long ferrite antena.

Pistol can be build by this antenna and proposed circuit according this Erevnitis design:
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
You use ferrite rod for ferrite antenna say 10x200mm, but in rule "the larger, the better". You can glue (with glue for ceramics) two ferrite rod together as on drawing. CuL wire diameter less than 0.2mm. Wire can be wound iregular (in zig-zag manner).

Final inductance of about 57mH. I cannot say how much turns, it depend on ferrite you use. You need to wind first 100 turns, measure inductance and calculate approximative number of turns.
tank you very much dear wm6
Both the wire on the ferrite is complex?
What material is the orange?
Ferrite is the longer you cause more sensitivity???
Old 11-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Guru

Quote:

Both the wire on the ferrite is complex?
What material is the orange?
Ferrite is the longer you cause more sensitivity???
No complex, it is very simple. You first glue both ferrite together and then put it in adequate "tight" plastic tube. Then the coil can be wound on plastic tube - not direct on ferrite rods. Done so, you can make some tunning to the best signals by moving ferrite rods in tube back and forth.

"orange" is coil wire (Cul windings) presented in cross section.

Yes, with longer ferrite you can get more directivity which in results is same as more sensitivity.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:11 PM

I still wonder. What year and number.

This is not an advantage to connect the ferrite NS polar opposite in a row.

I think this just might be the sensor.

should we read Elektor article.