Old 12-22-2007, 11:41 AM

Talking $10 000 000 offer !?

Just look what i received:

ahamed usman <ahamed_usman070@hotmail.fr> wrote:
FROM THE DESK OF AHAMED USMAN
BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO.

Dear Friend,

You will be confused as of the writer since I have no previous correspondence with you, but
kindly permit me the privilege of taking a little of your time.First, I must solicit your
confidence in this project, this is so by virtue of its nature as being utmostconfidential
and top-secret.Though, I know that a project of this magnitude will make anyone apprehensive
and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be result-oriented at the end of the Project,
I have decided to contact you due to the urgency of this project, through an International
Business Enquiry on the Internet.I am AHAMED USMAN, the manager at the foreign remittance
BANK OF AFRICA, In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $10million US dollars
(TEN MILLION US DOLLARS) In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customers who died
along with his entire family some years ago in a plane crash.Since we got information about
his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come forward and claim his money because
the bank can not release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin, or relation to the
deceased person as indicated in one of our banking rules and regulation, but unfortunately we
learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relatives died alongside with him at the plane crash
leaving nobody behind for the claim.It is therefore upon this discovery that I'm making this
business proposal to you and release the money into your account as the next of kin or relation
to the deceased customer for safety and subsequent disbursement.If nobody comes fort, the fund
will automatically be transferred into bank's treasury.The Banking law and guideline here stipulates
that if such money remained unclaimed after four to five years, it will be transferred into the
Bank treasury as unclaimed fund.The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is
occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner, and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next
of kin to a foreigner.I agree that 40 % of this money will be for you as foreign partner in
respect to the provision of a foreign account and other necessary assistance for the smooth
transfer, 10 % will be set aside for any expenses incurred during the curse of transfer and
50 % would be for me.There after I shall visit your country for disbursement according to the
percentages indicated.Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as arranged,
you must apply first to the bank as relations or next of kin to the deceased person indicating
your bank name, account.Details, your private telephone and fax numbers for easy and effective
communication and location where the money will be remitted.Upon receipt of your reply, I shall
send to you a specimen of application which you will forward to the paying bank introducing
yourself and at the same time instructing bank to effect the release of the fund into your account.
I must not hesitate to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free on both sides as
the nature of your business in not connected to this transfer, so you should not entertain any
atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.Contact me immediately
on the above email account as soon as you receive this message to indicate your interest and
willingness to co-operate.

Trusting to hear from you immediately.

Your's Sincerly
AHAMED USMAN

My answer:

Hello,
yes it is nice offer! Thanks!
Problem is cose i also died in a plane crash,last year. Pitty.
Now i dont have legal account any more.
So if you can send me my 40% in cash, it will be much better.
Many thanks in advance!
Forever yours
Zombie...
Old 12-22-2007, 11:44 AM

Thumbs down

Now, receiving this offer i see;
the worst frauds on planet Earth are not LRL proponets any more!
They dropped on second place on my list! Sad but true!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Yes - I also received a similar one recently. So many people dying in plane crashes ... very sad.

Did you notice the interesting typo in the letter?
10 % will be set aside for any expenses incurred during the curse of transfer ...

and I'm sure it would be.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Now, receiving this offer i see;
the worst frauds on planet Earth are not LRL proponets any more!
They dropped on second place on my list! Sad but true!
Be sure and... prudent...!!! I wait for a scientific here to become discredited... Where is?
Old 12-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Guru

Default The painted Breast order

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
Hello,
yes it is nice offer! Thanks!
Problem is cose i also died in a plane crash,last year. Pitty.
Now i dont have legal account any more.
So if you can send me my 40% in cash, it will be much better.
Many thanks in advance!
Forever your
Hahahaaa excellent answer.

Most people don't have time for scammers, but there is a group who decided to fight back by scamming the people who scammed them. Here is a link that shows a hilarious account of Prince Joe Eboh, who actually sent money to his victim, Father Hector. It is a long read, but once you finish the second page, you will be falling over in hysteria.

http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm

Best wishes,
J_P