LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 03-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Guru

Default Most "Real" Technology Marches On - While Others Stagnate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYbUa...eature=related

Not real surprising, but isn't it interesting how real scientific technology is continually making strides forward.

While the pseudo-technology involved with the latest ideomotor-based gadgets and contraptions, stagnates at essentially the same level it was 2000 years ago.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 03-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Guru

I had the opportunity to watch this 'vision' detector video shot at the show.

1 - The guy who was demonstrating the detector was always complaining about high electromagnetic interference (EMI) present.

Wow... So, ordinary MDs also suffer from the same crap that supposedly plages Dowsing based LRLs...

2 - The detector could not tell the difference between a pull tab and a 5 cent nickel coin.

He then explained that by lowering some digit function values this could be done, and etc. But he gave no demonstration for that...

Hummm....
Sounds like a real LRL to me...
Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Guru

Default pull tabs, nickels and gold with any metal detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post

1 - The guy who was demonstrating the detector was always complaining about high electromagnetic interference (EMI) present.

Wow... So, ordinary MDs also suffer from the same crap that supposedly plages Dowsing based LRLs...

2 - The detector could not tell the difference between a pull tab and a 5 cent nickel coin.

He then explained that by lowering some digit function values this could be done, and etc. But he gave no demonstration for that...

Hummm....
Hung, do you know how a metal detector ID metals.
Pull tabs, nickels and gold are almost alike when you ID them.
ALL METAL DETECTORS WILL ID THEM LIKE THIS.
BUT THE VISION WILL GIVE MORE ID INFORMATION.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Guru

Quote:

Hummm....
The "real" technology inherent in metal detectors, must obey "real" laws of physics and electronics. Over the past 25 years or so, the operator machine interface has been improved, and certainly many aspects of the display and display accuracy have been changed/improved.

However, the basic input parameters to these circuits cannot be changed. The conductivity of metals that are, for all practical purposes the same, or are too similar to be resolved as different; will always be a problem and an opportunity for further refinement. Perhaps one day size, shape and color will become "more of" an input parameter, as well as conductivity. Until then, we will be hampered by the fact that nickels and pull-tabs present similar conductivity levels.

Still MDs do a far superior job at discerning what a target is than relying on the bogus technology(?) in an MFD/LRL and an ideomotor-based readout gadget.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:

Hummm....
I suppose, if it had been an LRL demonstration, you would have told him that he was just too stupid to use it properly?