LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 12-05-2003, 07:49 AM
afshin torkamanzadeh

Default carl moreland and anather friends

Hi Carl Moreland and another friends

I am Afshin Torkamanzadeh and study Build an MFD article. it is very interesting.

I have questions :
1-what range of frequencies by the transmitter used for copper - diamond – tin – lead –

diampnd - aluminium- cave-water- bronze Prospecting?

2-what type of wave by the transmitter used (sinus or square)?

3- what type circuit used for receiver which connected to right and left antenna and

Receiver how it works?

3- can you send me receiver circuit diagram ?

Thanks for your cooperation and I am looking forward to hearing from you as

Soon as possible.

Best regards.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Carl

Default Re: carl moreland and anather friends

Well, the MFD article is a bit tongue-in-cheek. The purpose of the MFD project, is not to provide a device that will locate treasure, because that is not what MFDs (and all other LRLs) are designed to do. They are designed to separate people from their money, and nothing else.

The purpose of the project is to allow folks to try the MFD concept without paying an outrageous amount of money for the experience. When you finally figure out that it can't locate gold, you won't feel embarrassed at having sent someone $2000 for the lesson.

To directly answer your questions:

1) There are no frequencies for those targets. The whole concept of MFD frequencies is bogus, right from the start.

2) The transmitter is set up to use the sine output of the 8038. However, you could easily use the triangle or square wave outputs.

3) There is no receiver circuit, just the dowsing rods. If you want a receiver circuit, then you could solder together some random electrical components and connect them between the rods. Some LRL manufacturers actually do this.

Read the other LRL info I have, especially the reports. It tells what LRLs are really all about.

- Carl
Old 12-05-2003, 11:41 PM
FJ

Not everyone shares Carl's opinions of LRL. I would agree that I don't see a scientific basis for them to work, but I don't believe that is a reason not to try it if you plan to build one to test. I would suggest if you have an interest in it to just go ahead and build one, it won't cost that much money, and see if you get positive results or not. Carl is very biased against LRLs but he was not as near as negative as I was when I first visited the LRL forum and hassled those guys back in 1996. Then I was persuaded to try it and was surprised at what I could do with it. I'm not saying they work or they don't, I'm just saying you should not let anyone bias you one way or another and just develop your own opinions based on your own results.
Good luck,
FJ
Old 12-06-2003, 08:13 AM
Mark Pauls

Hi

In Denmark was sold a very expensive device that could remove electrical fields in a room and they sold a lot of them. People came back and told that there whole life had changed since they bought this device, there health was better, there radio and TV set less noisy and a lot of other things changed in there life after buying this expensive device.

Then a electrician guy took it apart and inside the plastic cabinet was 4 feet of wire with a main plug in the one end and the other end nothing.

Its still sold and some people still claim that it works.

I would suggest that somebody pays the $120 and try it as a LRL. It might work?

:-)
Mark
Old 12-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Carl

I didn't see anything in your reply to disagree with, so I won't. Folks who want to try LRLs, should do so. Those who want to build an LRL that "works" every bit as well as all the other LRLs on the market, can do so for around $30. And those who want to pay dearly for the lesson, should also do so.

- Carl
Old 12-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Esteban

Carl, remember you have in your plans a more accurate MFD project for pure gold and silver. How's comming the project?
Old 12-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Carl

"More accurate" is a rather meaningless term in LRLs... however, I had intended to design a simple DDS-based oscillator, possibly PIC controlled.

Some may ask, "Why???" Cuz, some of the most expensive LRLs (up to $20,000, no kidding) claim that frequency precision is the "magic key". Well, maybe it's the magic key for getting someone to pay $20,000, but the dowsing rods sure ain't gonna know the difference.

However, building a DDS-based MFD/LRL is really just as simple as building a 8038-based circuit, or a 555-based circuit, and is just about as cheap. Even one with a keypad, LCD display, and programmability, can be done for well under $100.

But, no, I haven't gotten to it. I'd still like to, because 1) I'd like to start getting PICs into my projects, and 2) I'd like to build a good general-purpose DDS generator, for future use in metal detector transmitters. So, maybe soon, don't really know.

- Carl
Old 12-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Esteban

Thanks Carl for the explanation.

The DDS generator will be an interesting instrumental for metal detector designs. Is possible to make a metal detector based on the ICL 8038 with selectable 3 types of waves?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Carl

>The DDS generator will be an interesting instrumental for metal detector designs. Is possible to make a metal detector based on the ICL 8038 with selectable 3 types of waves?

I suppose you could, but for a single-frequency detector the triangle & square wave don't buy you anything. My thought with DDS, is that you can easily hop frequencies, or maybe even use a chirp mode, in combination with a wideband coil. Might work better than the current crop of "multifrequency" detectors, dunno.

- Carl
Old 12-10-2003, 12:11 PM
kt315

chirp mode would be OK. by the way, an rearmouse (bat) uses frequency modulated packets for space orientation. this way is even not still using in modern radiolocation.

yours