LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 PM

Default lrl compass finder 42 mod

I have in my hands this locator and my goal is to improve it.
Some one who have the same told me that use freq generator and separate the antennas ,leave one in the detector housing the center antenna and use the other antenna in his hand and he said that work find.
I didn't see it how it is work and it is not possible to meet that person
So what do you suggest me to do with this locator?
As you can see in pictures there are no power transistor no rf circuits only mc.
Is any schematic available to build something from the beginning?

What you guys do?
This detector it is not mine my job is to improve it if it possible.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Guru

The "antennas" are a styling feature, like a hood ornament on a car. And they help with the mechanical "balance". They serve no electrical function.

The PC board that actuates LED's on the front panel, that's more "hood ornament". Has nothing to do with locating targets, other than provoking wishful thinking.

On another forum, a fellow suggested improving the antennas with a large hammer, but that would ruin the appearance so I would advise against that.

With any LRL, the essential ingredient to "improving performance" is first, to already know where the target is.

--Dave J.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post
The "antennas" are a styling feature, like a hood ornament on a car. And they help with the mechanical "balance". They serve no electrical function.

The PC board that actuates LED's on the front panel, that's more "hood ornament". Has nothing to do with locating targets, other than provoking wishful thinking.

On another forum, a fellow suggested improving the antennas with a large hammer, but that would ruin the appearance so I would advise against that.

With any LRL, the essential ingredient to "improving performance" is first, to already know where the target is.

--Dave J.
Where did you learn about lrls????
Maybe at Fisher.
You never will learn anything about LRLs, Why???? because you don't like to hear that there are method who locate objects from long distance, and your rule here is to show that all these methods are frauds
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by petros047 View Post
I have in my hands this locator and my goal is to improve it.
Some one who have the same told me that use freq generator and separate the antennas ,leave one in the detector housing the center antenna and use the other antenna in his hand and he said that work find.
I didn't see it how it is work and it is not possible to meet that person
So what do you suggest me to do with this locator?
As you can see in pictures there are no power transistor no rf circuits only mc.
Is any schematic available to build something from the beginning?

What you guys do?
This detector it is not mine my job is to improve it if it possible.

This LRL is a dowsing lrl and use a signal generator. I don't like it but i know some person who found real treasure with a similar device.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:36 AM
Guru

Default How hood ornaments work

A hood ornament never made a car go faster, but if it was on a sports care it might have convinced the driver to press the pedal toward the metal a little harder. The action was between the ears, and it may have sent the car over a cliff.

An antenna on an LRL never made it locate anything, but if a fellow was convinced that he couldn't dowse and putting an antenna on a dowsing rod convinced him he could swingy the thingy after all, it would definitely improve his chances of swinging the swingy thingy. Therefore more likely been swinging the swingy thingy at some point during an attempt to recover something valuable. It may have been the site research and the metal detector and the actual shovel that produced the recovery, but if a fellow paid a whole schittload of money for the swingy thingy, he's gonna credit the swingy thingy. That's not speculation, that's what we see actually posted here in the forums by LRL fans. [What makes it funnier is all the alleged "locates" where nothing was actually recovered because it was too deep or on someone else's property or was imaginary micron gold blah blah blah, a sort of story you rarely hear told by people who use equipment that actually works.]

If an antenna actually participates in a target location process, the device involved is not called an "LRL". Devices that actually do long range locating electronically have been around for about 100 years and nobody ever calls them "LRL's" because they're not fraudulent. Nobody disputes whether they work, the only arguments are over how well they work under what conditions. This argument is missing in the world of LRL's because every manufacturer thereof in the business knows the damn thing is a fraud and they do not want attention drawn to the fact that direct comparisons between the frauds have nothing to do with equipment performance, only of the details of the fraud itself.

If you don't regard coat-hangers as good quality dowsing rods, for US$100 you can get just about as nice a dowsing rod as a person could want. Google "Blue Book", they've got a nice compact unit. Intelligent, honest, and well-informed people can disagree whether dowsing can produce results better than random chance, but when it comes to the matter of whether LRL manufacturers are selling stuff that they themselves know is fraudulent, the verdict is in: read their advertisement!

--Dave J.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Guru

I should point out that I am not opposed [in principle] to people spending huge wads of cash on LRL's. Am only pointing out that this is subject matter on which the manufacturers thereof and myself are in agreement, the stuff is fraud.

If a person, having been duly informed what LRL's are, desires to buy one anyhow, the manufacturer and myself are in agreement: the victim should spend every dollar they've got if necessary to acquire the damn thing. Darwin's Law.

I don't know for sure why it is that in years of debunking LRL fraud the manufacturers have never disputed me directly, but a good guess would be this: it's like I say, we agree on the facts!

--Dave J.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:09 PM

Ok i will turn it back to the owner i will not spend my time with this.
Sorry if the post who i begin is stupid but is my first time with this locators and i didnt know anything about that.
Thanks for help
Finaly is any schematic for lrl who work ? Maybe i made one and give it to my friend.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:21 PM

Peter is not there something from them that will work ....! final in the electronic dowsing does not work, but the man who dowsing.!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas87 View Post
Peter is not there something from them that will work ....! final in the electronic dowsing does not work, but the man who dowsing.!
I think that after the raining it is time for......
What you say??????

Regards
Old 09-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Guru

Quote:
Ok i will turn it back to the owner i will not spend my time with this.
Sorry if the post who i begin is stupid but is my first time with this locators and i didnt know anything about that.
Thanks for help
Finaly is any schematic for lrl who work ? Maybe i made one and give it to my friend.
Hi petros.
Can you give us some photos more???
I want to see the other side of pcb and the connection of antenna
Old 09-16-2012, 12:02 PM

Default Opening a Compass 42

hi to all ,
it is not hard to open one of compass 42. let's see what is inside... We quote the relevant images to illustrate. In the first photo where the relevant parties.
1. Grip plug from elastic material,
2. bearings,
3, pin that rotates inside the handle with the help of bearings,
4. plastic box with battery holder for 9v,
5. board with three built-in antennas.

The device "emits" ONLY and not receive from anywhere. The option for gold, emitted from the antenna means the waveform wave1.(see fotos) 2 resistors via the same signal but demoted one half "emits" from the two side antennas see wave3. Emission frequency is 5 KHz. The webcast for copper or silver is the same with little difference in frequency, while the choice of transmit iron, the waveform is square wave, a range similar to the previous ones. ... sorry for my english , and for bad fotos quality...

regards

Old 09-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Guru

Thanks for photo.
Do you have any photo from the other side of pcb????

Old 09-17-2012, 06:44 AM

The other side have only solderings and is painted black.
My detector work at 170 khz range.
What is the best freq for gold?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 AM

Default antenna connections

hi to all, left and right antenna are both connected . The middle antenna is ground. In a few hours i ll send you some new fotos from pcb...
Old 09-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Guru

Default 19.2 kHz, but not exactly a critical frequency

Quote:
The other side have only solderings and is painted black.
My detector work at 170 khz range.
What is the best freq for gold?
If you want to actually detect gold in its natural setting, the best frequency is 19.2 kHz. But frequencies all the way from about 4 to 100 kHz have been used, and 71 kHz is a popular frequency with quite a few folks. So is 13 kHz.

I'm not speculating. Anyone who is well informed on the subject of gold detection can tell you the same thing.

--Dave J.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsamnik View Post
hi to all, left and right antenna are both connected . The middle antenna is ground. In a few hours i ll send you some new fotos from pcb...
In my vesrion the center antenna emit the waveform and the others left/right is connected too with resistor to mc.
The right and left antenna in oscilloscope shows sine waveform same freq
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post
If you want to actually detect gold in its natural setting, the best frequency is 19.2 kHz. But frequencies all the way from about 4 to 100 kHz have been used, and 71 kHz is a popular frequency with quite a few folks. So is 13 kHz.

I'm not speculating. Anyone who is well informed on the subject of gold detection can tell you the same thing.

--Dave J.
The problem is not how to locate gold (and at who frequency) but how to reject the old rusted steels. The basic problem at my country....
Old 09-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think that after the raining it is time for......
What you say??????

Regards
i think is a good time .....!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:23 PM

here is some waveforms when the detector are set to gold.
For general propose because as we have said is for rubbish.
The center antenna and the right the same is the left
I have make mistake for the freq and for the waveform this is the correct
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2012, 06:28 AM

hi to all, i send you some fotos , no good quality , but you can see how is the circuit....
By the way I ll try many times to use it in all over Greece , with different weather , Different season and so on... after a lot of trials i give up... I think you loose your time to try to fix it or upgrade it ! Propably you must look for another locator... this one is nothing...
I can write a book with fail signals all these years
this all from me
bye
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Guru

Thanks for photos

Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Default hi petros047

hi . how are you?
your information is good.
i want to make a LRL detector, can you send me part list and quality photo from back and forward circuit?
thanks a lot

Old 04-05-2016, 12:57 PM

hello
i want to made your LRL detector, can you put part list and quality photo from back and forward circuit?
is that chip Attiny2313?

thanks man
Old 05-24-2016, 08:13 PM
Guru

No hex file could not be established
Please share your hex file
Thanks & Regards