LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 09-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Guru

Default Antenna Short Story

Damasio once told me an interesting story that I thought it's worth sharing with people here.

In the early 50's Brazil had the debut TV transmission. Back then, Damasio, a youg 'lad' lived in a remote place in the south of Brazil.
TV signal was received in a lot of places in the south region (although not so clear) but no reception in his region.
There were no 'affiliated' or 'repeater' stations as now.

Well this youg man had the idea of building a system employing a 'rombic-conic' antenna and a self made receiver to try to pick up the signals. Everyday he used to climb the antenna structure to change its position and also to scan the receiver for carrier waves, etc.. Nothing. All he had was 'whitenoise'.
Then one day at night, he had the idea which would revolutionize the long range detection forever. He applied it to the antenna, wrote some calculations and made some modifications in the circuit.
A couple of days went by, one more day, nothing. Then of the next day scaning the spectrum, he finally did it.
He got the cleanest ever signal reception from the TV, as if it was being broadcast from his house!
People in his region almost freaked and technicians from the government were called to watch the reception. Later the first 'repeater' station was built there and no need for the structure anymore.
This technology was moved from this apparatus to the 'two box' detectors and LRL Mineoro builds today.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:23 PM

Default Question for Hung

You don't happen to live in, or around San Jose by any chance do you?
Kev.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev. View Post
You don't happen to live in, or around San Jose by any chance do you?
Kev.
San Jose where? South of Brazil or something?
Old 09-29-2006, 07:43 AM
sony

Talking Ha,ha,ha,ha....

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a fairy tale???!!!!
What people from Televes and Kathrein should say about that?????
Ha,ha,ha,ha....
Old 09-29-2006, 08:24 AM
sony

Wink real?

Yo Hung !
First i would like to apologize on my previous post where i posted "...fairy tale..."
I bet that you glanced me as a very negative man with negative attitude for all of
your posts...
No,it is not the case!
But that anntena story of yours just provoked me to laugh so much....I couldnt resist,
i just had to post that post...
Maybe you didnt know (of course you didnt) but RObert is one of the main expert in
eastern Europe on RF subject!
Me, ....i am just man with a good will to help, so many times i helped him on his
projects as a assistant....We went on the "field" so many times during past 20 years...
A few times people from Kathrein (huge RF manufacturer) engaged RObert to do some things
for them in this part of Europe - eastern Europe....
But lets back to subject..
Spreading radio/tv waves through air and some materials is so tricky thing that you just
can not imagine!
You must have hi-tech equipment with you,on the field to measure series of measurements
on one exact point and than to be sure at least 70%, to make some claims or statements
about reciving conditions at that exact point....
Think twice now Hung....
How big chances were for Damasio to exactly knew what he were gained than, at the time,
in the early 50's - as you posted???
Ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!!!
Radio/Tv waves spread so unforseen in some areas due to many unexpected reasons...i can name
1000 of them here....
It is so funny when you find out somewhere on the field how big difference could be in
received signal beetwen two closely testing points!
On one spot you can measure 150dB of signal, and at the same time. 2-3 meters away there
could be 90dB of the same signal without any noticeable stumble-balk on the way from where
signal is TX'ed....
What you(at least) need to be sure, is digital RF field meter...than to make serie of
very complicated measurements, fill some charts, do some more examinations.....and
finally you can get some "picture" in your head about signal and receiving point!
What effort Damasio involved than is realy respective, but now, knowing what we know,
i can be very free to say that it was "vagrancy in the deep fog"....ha,ha,ha...
He made very wrong conclusion than, an if all his conclusions were made in same manner
during his 50 years (as you said somewhere).....than....well...no wonder why mineoro
devices are so unusable and non-working !!!
"Fog walking" or "Fog vagrancy" is all what showed up from mineoro manufacturers exploration
so far !?
I am sorry cose this sounds like mocking on them, but it is the fact!
regards

P.S.
Now you can see that we (Serbs) can talk a bit more polite than usuall....ha,ha,ha