LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Dowsing & Passive Locators

Old 10-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Guru

Default The Nature of Dowsing Ability

There is a thread on the t-net dowsing forum page discussing the nature of dowsing ability. First off let me say I am probably the biggest skeptic around. I've found items by dowsing and I've found many with a Molecular Frequency Discriminatof (MFD). I realize everyone has their own "theory". Someone posted a dowsing study on that thread about the lunar effects on dowsing. I really don't wish to be critical, but I just have to voice my concerns. The one graph appears to show the best time to dowse is at the full moon. I know from my own experience that this can be a good time, but there are many factors/variables involved. I know I have had some of my best locating a day or so off the new moon. It almost appears to me the graph is more of the hormone levels of the dowsers. And I would not rule out some sort of group hypnosis. Sorry but I have to say it. Like the study suggests, I have stated previously that there is a piezoelectric/piezomagnetic effect from the earth's crust. I've also said the water table levels rise and fall and this makes a lung effect in the soil where the radon gas is pushed up and increases the atmospheric conductivity. Even a change in barometric pressure can cause this. This effect does not occur only during the full moon. It happens at new moon and when the moon is directly overhead or directly under feet or moon rise or moon set.

I don't mean to single out one theory here. I've seen others claiming strong solar activity is necessary or the moon has to be overhead to name a few. Once a person gets something programmed into their subconscious, well just look at the skeptics.

Look, I applaud this guy for the work he has done, but I can't help being skeptical. The results do not match my experiences. Of course there could be some biological explanation here, I don't know. Probably a better test would involve an electronic receiver, but even that depends on the emotional condition of the person running the equipment. I know there are days I can't run a metal detector vey well.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
There is a thread on the t-net dowsing forum page discussing the nature of dowsing ability. First off let me say I am probably the biggest skeptic around. I've found items by dowsing and I've found many with a Molecular Frequency Discriminatof (MFD). I realize everyone has their own "theory". Someone posted a dowsing study on that thread about the lunar effects on dowsing. I really don't wish to be critical, but I just have to voice my concerns. The one graph appears to show the best time to dowse is at the full moon. I know from my own experience that this can be a good time, but there are many factors/variables involved. I know I have had some of my best locating a day or so off the new moon. It almost appears to me the graph is more of the hormone levels of the dowsers. And I would not rule out some sort of group hypnosis. Sorry but I have to say it. Like the study suggests, I have stated previously that there is a piezoelectric/piezomagnetic effect from the earth's crust. I've also said the water table levels rise and fall and this makes a lung effect in the soil where the radon gas is pushed up and increases the atmospheric conductivity. Even a change in barometric pressure can cause this. This effect does not occur only during the full moon. It happens at new moon and when the moon is directly overhead or directly under feet or moon rise or moon set.

I don't mean to single out one theory here. I've seen others claiming strong solar activity is necessary or the moon has to be overhead to name a few. Once a person gets something programmed into their subconscious, well just look at the skeptics.

Look, I applaud this guy for the work he has done, but I can't help being skeptical. The results do not match my experiences. Of course there could be some biological explanation here, I don't know. Probably a better test would involve an electronic receiver, but even that depends on the emotional condition of the person running the equipment. I know there are days I can't run a metal detector vey well.
Neither can I.
These explanations are just wrong on so many levels that I wouldn't even know where to start. And to be truthful, I don't care enough to spend the time answering any of these pseudo-scientific ideas. Try to understand what the ideomotor effect is, and why it is able to lead so many people into self-delusion. Then you'll know the real scientific answer.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:26 PM

"I've also said the water table levels rise and fall and this makes a lung effect in the soil where the radon gas is pushed up and increases the atmospheric conductivity. Even a change in barometric pressure can cause this. "

This is an interesting statement. Has this been established by scientific investigation using radon detection equipment or is it just a theory?
Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Guru

I doubt there is any equipment available that could detect such small amounts of radon gas. The main problem would be wind dispersing. The typical home radon test kit requires the doors and windows closed for a couple days.

Another effect of rising/falling water table is the percolation produces electric charge (and resulting magnetic) like Maxwell's Lightning apparatus. This could be the reason conditions are good after a rain, sometimes a day later.

Another thing I didn't mention about that report as to seasonal change, I find the effects just the opposite. Much better in the Winter months. I rarely work the Summer months. Is this just me? I don't know, could be the arid climate. For some reason the conditions are good when there is snow on the ground and melting snow is the best.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwil View Post
"I've also said the water table levels rise and fall and this makes a lung effect in the soil where the radon gas is pushed up and increases the atmospheric conductivity. Even a change in barometric pressure can cause this. "

This is an interesting statement. Has this been established by scientific investigation using radon detection equipment or is it just a theory?
Hi Gwil,
This begins to make some sense for the pocket of radon gas trapped in the void.
If it is true that radon is trapped in this void, then it may be detectible with the right equipment.

The only question is... presuming we can locate a pocket of radon gas, what useful information do we gain by knowing there is a pocket of radon gas trapped below?

Does this mean there is water nearby?
or does it only mean that radon is trapped in a void under the ground?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Guru

Quote:

First off let me say I am probably the biggest skeptic around.
Actually, you manufacture and sell one of the fraudulent instruments that claim to enhance "treasure hunting" via dowsing premisses.

You are not skeptical, but a fraud.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Guru

dowsing ability ?

... but if so your LRL stuff could be anything, even a piece of wood... so what's the purpose of electronics etc... in that case serves nothing!

regards
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 10-23-2011, 06:12 PM

It seems that the answer to my original question is that there is no actual evidence of variations in radon concentration, and the words I quoted are not a statement of fact, but just a theory. Glad that's been made clear.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Guru

Air ions are directly related to atmospheric conductivity. Yes, I deduced the water table/soil lung theory, but I doubt I am the first person to do so. Where do negative and positive ions come from? UV light, cosmic rays, high voltage electrical sources (coronas), flames, water evaporation (best when humidity is between 45%-55%), but the main source is radon gas. You can measure the ion count, but that is not going to give you an exact amount of radon. As they say, "No ions, no radon gas." But it doesn't work in the other direction. And honestly I am not certain when the highest concentrations occur. Possibly it is a combination of increasing barometric pressure and a rising water table. Certainly calm winds would be beneficial. I have an ion counter but never bothered to do any study and as I said it is not going to give an accurate radon measurement. I'm certainly bored with this forum so maybe I'll do that sometime. And I certainly don't claim that radon gas is anything more than just one variable and then only in the ion count (which is itself only one "known" variable).
Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Air ions are directly related to atmospheric conductivity. Yes, I deduced the water table/soil lung theory, but I doubt I am the first person to do so. Where do negative and positive ions come from? UV light, cosmic rays, high voltage electrical sources (coronas), flames, water evaporation (best when humidity is between 45%-55%), but the main source is radon gas. You can measure the ion count, but that is not going to give you an exact amount of radon. As they say, "No ions, no radon gas." But it doesn't work in the other direction. And honestly I am not certain when the highest concentrations occur. Possibly it is a combination of increasing barometric pressure and a rising water table. Certainly calm winds would be beneficial. I have an ion counter but never bothered to do any study and as I said it is not going to give an accurate radon measurement. I'm certainly bored with this forum so maybe I'll do that sometime. And I certainly don't claim that radon gas is anything more than just one variable and then only in the ion count (which is itself only one "known" variable).
Until you are willing to accept Dowsing for what it really is ... A Trick of the Mind ... you will always be grasping at straws, and expounding outlandish theories to explain something that isn't there.