LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Guru

Default Attention Examiner users

This info only relates to Rangertell Examiner users.
As far as I know, there's only Clondike Clad, but there could be others.

I found out a way to enhance the pull of the Examiner's antenna.
This supposed tweak makes it get a quicker response.

Although this is not the one mod I claimed to have made, which makes the Examiner a total electronic device, I think this is really useful for the original Examiner and decided to share with users.
This tweak is a simple procedure and supposedly augments the piezzoelectric effect from the calculator to the antenna, enhancing induction.

If any examiner user is interested, send me a PM and I'll share.

Regards.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Guru

I have an early model Examiner, probably version 2. It has the solar powered calculator.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Guru

Hi Mike,

If you own one of the early models with the Karce calculator and the copper wire protruding from the box, you may have an advantage.
I have received a report from a user who stated the mod doubled the strength the examiner responds. He owns one of the early models.

Drop me a private message with your email and I'll give you instructions.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
Hi Mike,

If you own one of the early models with the Karce calculator and the copper wire protruding from the box, you may have an advantage.
I have received a report from a user who stated the mod doubled the strength the examiner responds. He owns one of the early models.

Drop me a private message with your email and I'll give you instructions.
Here is even better mod!
Instead cheap "drifting" Karce calculator just put TI83.
You will improve Examiner responds up to 70%!!!
Now i can detect gold ring at 2mm distance with it.In the past it was 1.4mm....What a progress!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2007, 09:42 PM

Posted percentage i calculated with Karce calculator....so you see what i mean!?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Guru

Default Rangertell Examiner

I had a EE look at this thing and like Carl he said it will not work.
I don't know what to think about the Rangertell Examiner anymore.
MY UNIT LOOKS LIKE A SCAM OM TNE INSIDE.

I am still looking for a good LRL.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Guru

Default Yep..It works

Sorry to hear about that.
Altough the electronics are siimple the concept is complex. Your friend EE will not explain it with simple electronics alone.

Tough being a tricky device requiring a lot of practice, all I can say is: Yes, It works. It might not be perfect the way it's built currently, but it works.

Well... there's 'no lunch for free' anyway...
Study the concept and you will know.

Good luck and regards.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Default No - it doesn't work

Quote:
Altough the electronics are siimple the concept is complex. Your friend EE will not explain it with simple electronics alone.

Tough being a tricky device requiring a lot of practice, all I can say is: Yes, It works. It might not be perfect the way it's built currently, but it works.

Good luck and regards.
If you really, truly, honestly think that the Ranger Tell Examiner actually works, then you are sadly deluded.
Anyone with even a modicum of technical ability can easily see that it's a scam. Quite some time ago I wrote some spoof diatribe on this forum concerning the supposed technology behind this device. It was complete nonsense, but sounded convincing because of the pseudoscientific claptrap I used in the description. This rubbish even got posted on the Ranger Tell website as a excellent description of the RT's operating principles. How gullible can anyone get?

Hung - you will never convince anyone here that a cheap calculator glued on top of a plastic case filled with nonsense electronics, and attached to a swivel handle, can detect anything but a sucker with a full wallet.
Just give up peddling this stuff, and go and do something more socially rewarding.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Guru

Quote:

Good luck and regards.
can you give me some tips.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:06 AM

My brother bought one of the units last year.We done weeks of testing and could not get it to respond at all.Three years ago my brother buried some silver dollars in the same hole to test long range locaters,to this date we have not had any luck at all,we tested the ranger tell,the rangesmaster that i purchaced and tested for three months and i was able to get half of my money back from the company,a homemade device copied from a mans in arizona that never worked,a dowsing rod with a sample of the metal in the end with four post you would set out with the same sample in them which did not ever work.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Altough the electronics are siimple the concept is complex.
Actually, the concept is even simpler than the electronics. Each Ranger-Tell device that is sold has already located treasure, and eBay has proven to be very fertile treasure hunting grounds.

- Carl
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold24h View Post
My brother bought one of the units last year.We done weeks of testing and could not get it to respond at all.Three years ago my brother buried some silver dollars in the same hole to test long range locaters,to this date we have not had any luck at all,we tested the ranger tell,the rangesmaster that i purchaced and tested for three months and i was able to get half of my money back from the company,a homemade device copied from a mans in arizona that never worked,a dowsing rod with a sample of the metal in the end with four post you would set out with the same sample in them which did not ever work.
Add up all the money have you spent on LRLs so far, and that is the sum total of treasure that has been found with them. LRLs really do bring home the gold, just not for the people who buy them.

- Carl
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Guru

Quote:

Good luck and regards.
My EE wanted to ask how current can flow in a SHORT CIRCUIT.
As far as simple electronics,,,HOW SIMPLE CAN A SHORT BE.
.................................................. .....................................
HUNG MAYBE I GOT a BAD UNIT?????????
i LOOK AT THE UNIT CARL TOOK A PART AND IT LOOKS ALMOST LIKE THE ONE I GOT How can it work.can you post THE INSIDE OF YOUR UNIT.
i WANT TO GET THIS THING WORKING.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:34 PM

Pfffffhhhhaaaahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

Boooouuuhhhaaahahhahahahahahahah!!!!

Rhhhah Rhhhah rhhhah!!!

Please stop! You killing me...brhahahahahaha!!!
:r azz:
Old 11-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad View Post
No - I don't think so.
It's obviously working ok, as you've already bought it. That's how much money it's found so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad
i LOOK AT THE UNIT CARL TOOK A PART AND IT LOOKS ALMOST LIKE THE ONE I GOT How can it work.can you post THE INSIDE OF YOUR UNIT.
A simple way for it to find some more cash, is for you to sell it to someone else!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad View Post
My EE wanted to ask how current can flow in a SHORT CIRCUIT.
As far as simple electronics,,,HOW SIMPLE CAN A SHORT BE.
.................................................. .....................................

Hi Clondike, sorry for taking a while to answer. I was out in the field.

The Examiner delivers microvolts. If you walk fast past an object that you input the frequency on, the antenna will move a lot faster than if you stay in place waiting for it to point to the target.
I once emailed RT placing a coment on the aproach of increasing voltage and current on the device. They claimed they have done this in the past employing a 9v battery. Theyadded that allthough the pull increased, the accuracy was no good, so they chose to keep the design as it is.
I did not agree with this statement and moved on to add some extra electronics inside and a VU. It's ok. This was the basis on my much more complex LRL system project.

Although I cannot divulge what I changed in the examiner original circuit, I must say that the original version should work ok. If your unit is nof swinging to an object as you get past it, it sure should be deffective. As you might know, a lot of practice is required to avoid you own movement to interfere with the device's own one. My examiner is the diodes one but I already tried one from a teammate which is the inductor model. I haven't found much discernible difference, except that the diodes feel a little bit faster in response.

Please, if you want to discuss this with me, drop me your email in a private message, as this topic only matters to examiner users.

Regards.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Guru

Default HUNG

I will play with this as you said and give it more time.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Hi Clondike, sorry for taking a while to answer. I was out in the field.

The Examiner delivers microvolts. If you walk fast past an object that you input the frequency on, the antenna will move a lot faster than if you stay in place waiting for it to point to the target.
I once emailed RT placing a coment on the aproach of increasing voltage and current on the device. They claimed they have done this in the past employing a 9v battery. Theyadded that allthough the pull increased, the accuracy was no good, so they chose to keep the design as it is.
I did not agree with this statement and moved on to add some extra electronics inside and a VU. It's ok. This was the basis on my much more complex LRL system project.

Although I cannot divulge what I changed in the examiner original circuit, I must say that the original version should work ok. If your unit is nof swinging to an object as you get past it, it sure should be deffective. As you might know, a lot of practice is required to avoid you own movement to interfere with the device's own one. My examiner is the diodes one but I already tried one from a teammate which is the inductor model. I haven't found much discernible difference, except that the diodes feel a little bit faster in response.

Please, if you want to discuss this with me, drop me your email in a private message, as this topic only matters to examiner users.

Regards.
Well - I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

So the new ground-breaking LRL from Hung turns out to be nothing more than a modified RT Examiner. What a remarkable step forward in technology!
On a scale of 0 to 10 on the credibility meter, I would say that you are now nudging into the negative region. Be careful you don't bend the end-stop on the meter.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
So the new ground-breaking LRL from Hung turns out to be nothing more than a modified RT Examiner.

NO!!

Sorry if I misexpressed myself.

The mod I did to the examiner was just to get rid of the swivel system. I inserted extra stuff inside and a VU which shows activity when pointing to a target.
The project of the original examiner works, but in my view, requires a very skilled operator to not involve his own hand movements and thus leading to incorrect readings. I also found out a way to enhance the response of the original examiner without the need of employing batteries. This is the original topic of my thread above.

My LRL system has nothing to do with the examiner itself. When I said it ‘was the basis’ of my system, I meant that upon seing the mod I did working, I came to know that the principle was correct to a more compllex aproach which now we are materializing. It’s a complex electronic system/device. As an analogy, it’s like a pocket radio and radar. The principle is the same, but they are totally different animals.

Well I hope to have cleared things up now.

PS. Clondike, If you indeed find out that your unit has problems I suggest adressing this to RT directly and maybe getting an upgraded model?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Guru

Quote:
As an analogy, it’s like a pocket radio and radar. The principle is the same, but they are totally different animals.
I dont know how a radio receiver and a radar are similar.For me they are totally different technologies AND principles.
Fred.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Guru

I thought this was interesting. It uses a calculator to provide a signal.

http://www.geekarmy.com/cool/Homemad...-Detector.html
Old 12-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Guru

Maybe after Carl sees this he will consider a total revamp of his Examiner report. How about it, Carl? Nothing wrong with admitting you made a big mistake. It's a whole lot better than denial.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:16 AM

So he's manipulating the volume with his thumb as he moves it back and forth.

We are not amused.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Maybe after Carl sees this he will consider a total revamp of his Examiner report. How about it, Carl? Nothing wrong with admitting you made a big mistake. It's a whole lot better than denial.
You cannot be serious!

The video either shows some interaction between the calculator and the AM radio caused by EMI or, as joecoin says, the guy is "... manipulating the volume with his thumb ...".

The Examiner RT, on the other hand, has no interaction between the calculator and the random collection of internal junk, and the device simply "works" by ideomotor response, because of the swivel handle.

Does anyone here have a small AM radio to hand? This would be a very simple experiment to try.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Guru

I have a curious mind, so i did try.
I get the sound from the calculator, but no interference from metallic objects.I tried with both strong and a weak stations, i didnt understood what the guy said about this.
Anyway he is obviously hiding (and using) his thumb for some reason,however i dont think only messing with the volume would be enought to get this sound...
It is possible that by mixing the calculator oscillator circuit with one of the local oscillators inside the radio he is making a BFO detector.In that case working or not would depend of the radio and calculator circuits.
Fred.