LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 01-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Guru

Default Post photo of your LRL project?

Why is it no one wants to post photos of LRL projects.
Funny thing is all I ask is to post CAD OR PHOTOS.
Hung do you have a CAD or a photo ?
Let learn all about LRL ( The Good and the Bad)
If we can detect water in space( Like on Mars ETC)
Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Guru

Hi.
Sorry but i have a bad quality photo
I attach here
Regards
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Guru

Default LRL

OK i see a coil for pick up( or it look as if a coil is being used for emf pick up.
The question is what are you sensing?
Old 01-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Guru

This is the pistol from the "Mineoro 2 box" thread.
It work as simple MD (2.5m max distance) and as LRL for objects buried for long time. Tomorrow i will go to the farm to test it for long time buried objects.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
This is the pistol from the "Mineoro 2 box" thread.
It work as simple MD (2.5m max distance) and as LRL for objects buried for long time. Tomorrow i will go to the farm to test it for long time buried objects.

How do a coil detect from long distance?
from what I see this thing will not work,
Old 01-20-2008, 08:21 PM

Smile working lrl

hi to all,I am a new member here am interested in LRL my hobby is tresure hunting and coin hunting,I have DC2008, last summer I worked hard with it I didnt find any thing with it even it didnt peep at all in the field or to give any false signals,then I found this geotech forums and every body was talking about this subject and about ICONOS and pistol detector project , it is grate work and hard work to test every instrument even to bild one, hi to geo ,esteban ,morgan ,hung and every one how are working hard to find a real LRL working good ,I appriciate that
hillman
Old 01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillman View Post
hi to all,I am a new member here am interested in LRL my hobby is tresure hunting and coin hunting,I have DC2008, last summer I worked hard with it I didnt find any thing with it even it didnt peep at all in the field or to give any false signals,then I found this geotech forums and every body was talking about this subject and about ICONOS and pistol detector project , it is grate work and hard work to test every instrument even to bild one, hi to geo ,esteban ,morgan ,hung and every one how are working hard to find a real LRL working good ,I appriciate that
hillman
So it correct to assume that you are yet another dissatisfied Mineoro customer?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Guru

Nobody knows if LRL rods work? And in wich percentage of accuracy? First of all, you must have practice in it, neutral attitude in it, but in all cases you must be able for to manage it with some searching technic (complex).

As this RF circuit works well for to find gold and other noble metals since the size of plated gold "Rommanel" chain, a combination of giratory system as LRL rod and electronics can give results in % of accuracy, in other words, how accuracy can be LRL rod and if sometime the electronic isn't enough in some cases but LRL can do the job? Combination!

The RF circuit don't know part of what it, I have 3-4 of this from surplus...

P.S.: no painting yet...
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Guru

Hi Esteban
the board certainly looks like a data receiver,if you could find data about the coils at left (RF filter) you could know frequency.Probably UHF...
Regards,
Fred
Old 01-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Hi Esteban
the board certainly looks like a data receiver,if you could find data about the coils at left (RF filter) you could know frequency.Probably UHF...
Regards,
Fred
Yes, also I think is UHF type, but the intervention is in 455 Khz.

So, for me isn't very important the kind of receiver, also cellular must be work in frequency mixing part.

Here more explained with agregated text in drawns and block diagramm.

Regards

Esteban
Attached Files
File Type: zip 455 Khz gyratory pistol for gold.zip (148.7 KB, 2377 views)
Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Guru

Default Ready for to trace this

This was part of workable BFO for long range. I made measurement of inductance of search coil (10.5 cm diam.). This search coil is 3 connections and gold classifier in coil. This system was end of the 70's.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2008, 12:49 AM

Man can really learn much from lrl enthusiasts!?
For example that cordless phone made by Panasonic can be used as "secret" LRL "pistol" for long range locating!?!?

Which model was this??
Is it KX-TC1005 or PQQS10549ZA ??? Or some simillar 49Mhz device made by Panasonic!? Buuuuaahahahahahahahahah!!!!
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2008, 12:51 AM

No...really, sometimes i can be cruel more than it needed!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:06 AM

Esteban who are you joking here!?
Me personally...i designed IF and front end stages for few cordless phones manufacturers, in the past. My favorite was MC3361 and earlier MC3357.
I do recognize my "baby" here!? And you came here and claim it is some blah,blah "lrl" pistol????!
How dare you? Ha,aha,aha,aha,aha,aha,ah!!!!!:l ol:
First it was Hung and now you...
Bye,bye Esteban!
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Guru

Default Hung when are you posting Photo of your detector

Would like to see what your are making.
you can post a cad of your LRL detector?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Guru

Hi Robert,

I think, whatever is the purpose of this stuff, that they connected the "input" directly to the 455 IF , so they basically have a 455khz receiver.The rest of the circuit is not used.
When using a BFO this could be an easy way to build a good sensitive and selective receiver.
regards,
Fred.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad View Post
Would like to see what your are making.
you can post a cad of your LRL detector?

Haloooo Earth!?!? Clondike Clad, i never designed and made neither one LRL detector!? Do you understand english? I designed front ends and IF's for mobile radio apparatus, like cordless phones,walkie-talkies etc...
Am i clear here? Was something confusing in my last post?
I recognized "my" design on Estebans photo...that is all.
When i said "my" it is pretty relative. I designed several types of this, doesn't mean i am the only one.
But for sure, what Esteban posted is nothing else but simple,ordinary tranceiver taken from some cordless phone. Reminds me most on Panasonic's style. Actually i can swear it is Panasonic.
Keep dreaming on LRL...sweet dreams!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Hi Robert,

I think, whatever is the purpose of this stuff, that they connected the "input" directly to the 455 IF , so they basically have a 455khz receiver.The rest of the circuit is not used.
When using a BFO this could be an easy way to build a good sensitive and selective receiver.
regards,
Fred.
Must be that you know something i don't?!
I still can see 10.7 MHz mixer in front of 455kHz there on photo!? Also i still can see TX part with 30-50MHz quartz there!? How come?
Also there is MC 3357 or 3361 there also!? How come?
I dont see any bfo there!?
There is no such thing as 455KHz reciever, my friend. There is something similar in remote controls...but that is not subject here.
Actually they (hung,esteban and others) are constantly playing with scrap eletronics trying to discover some new america!
Totally nonsenced wirements doesnt make good ee from ignorant! Does it?
Child play...again and again. Posting funny photos again...
This is so funny!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Guru

what i mean is that they have used an old phone board, ignored all the HF stages and directly connected the input to the 455 khz IF stage.Maybe.That´s all what i am saying, i dont know the purpose, principles or whatever .
Fred.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Guru

Roberts

Not important if you think this doesn't work.

By the way, you don't need much "technology" for to detect at distance. Maybe is not high depth detector but can detect a gold coin at 40 m.

I use only the oscillator frequency and obtain in audio out the difference. The same with FM radio or cell phones. Internal oscillator of them is the theme.

"I dont see any bfo there!?"

You, as radio designer, must be know what mean BFO in radio.

Regards

Esteban
Old 01-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Roberts

Not important if you think this doesn't work.

By the way, you don't need much "technology" for to detect at distance. Maybe is not high depth detector but can detect a gold coin at 40 m.

I use only the oscillator frequency and obtain in audio out the difference. The same with FM radio or cell phones. Internal oscillator of them is the theme.

"I dont see any bfo there!?"

You, as radio designer, must be know what mean BFO in radio.

Regards

Esteban

I can agree; it is not important what do i think, at all. It is important what is possible and what is not possible.

I dont need "technology" to detect coin at 40m. I have eyes and i can see it, if it is not burried (as you said). So why bother making anything from scrap electronics.
So...internal oscillators of devices you mentioned usually run at high and very high frequencies but generallly those are all very low power. So i cant really imagine how, the heck, you can "locate" anything, using those???
But..never mind, if you are satisfied - i am more satisfied.
I just couldnt resist to show my overjoy when recognized that pcb!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Esteban who are you joking here!?
Me personally...i designed IF and front end stages for few cordless phones manufacturers, in the past. My favorite was MC3361 and earlier MC3357.
I do recognize my "baby" here!? And you came here and claim it is some blah,blah "lrl" pistol????!
How dare you? Ha,aha,aha,aha,aha,aha,ah!!!!!:l ol:
First it was Hung and now you...
Bye,bye Esteban!
Hi Robert,
yes is a cordless.... I had thoughts about... before you post that message!

But maybe he just used the electronics there in different way... just some IF thing needed and he used that cordless to get it work in a different way.

I cannot say that this thing could detect a coin at 40meters away... really hard to belive... but I think it can work as a BFO MD using that IF stage and some mixing of frequencies from a local oscillator and a tuned circuit stuff.

Is this an LRL ? I don't know... cannot say anything about...

Sure it was a cordless phone before the "mod" but what's now ? Just a bunch of cables and metal ??? Maybe... or maybe there's something else... something really different from original purpose of device that maybe I cannot see... you cannot recognize as possibly working stuff etc

Anyway... if Esteban will tell us some more details we'll make a better idea of what's the purpose of making a BFO using the cordless blocks to realize an "LRL" that way.

Best regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 01-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Guru

You can see in block diagramm in zip archive. I use as passive LRL.

The change of frequency in RF sector by signal causes for long time buried metal produces mini-changes in audio output. This show via beeps generator.

Regards

Esteban
Old 01-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Guru

Quote:
The change of frequency in RF sector by signal causes for long time buried metal produces mini-changes in audio output. This show via beeps generator.
Regards Esteban
Hi Esteban,
But change in what frequency? if it is passive, what frequency change do you detect?
And do you know how a target many meters away can make a stable frequency to change?
Regards,
Fred.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:

Regards

Esteban
Pay attention on this; "...I use a passive LRL..."

Now i do understand your way of looking at this! Finally!
Same principle (or simillar)to Omnitron and so many others. Most closest match would be Radian 2001, made by independent serbian ee.
Principle is to use "passive LRL" and some piece of electronic equipment togather.
Well, electronic part is most oftenly some sort of signal generator and in some rare cases (like this,your) sort of receiver. No matter of totally oposite role of those electronic parts, all these can be put in same category.
Category which we can define as "half human-half machine" or call it any other way you want. Electronic part is provable to work something. So we should not have any doubts in its accuracy. For example, signal generator from Omnitron set is really workable device. It is generating signal for real. Also that pcb you are using is workable for sure. It is receiver with front end,mixer,local osc. demodulator and finally af stage.So it is workable for sure.
But let me say here what is the main lack in this principle; it is the other part - "passive LRL" part, as you named it.
How can anybody prove that it is workable? How can any of us do double blind tests and gain same results as yours? No way!
That is the main catch here.
You simply can not prove that part is workable. You cant even explain its functionallity. You cant draw sketches,formulas,calculations and by this indirect way prove and establish its functionallity. Aint no natural science with which you can backup your claims.
So you are picking some signal(or noise) changes when dealing with your apparatus!? OK, i can accept that. How can you be sure what caused those changes? Are you gonna dig huge hole to check if there is some burried item?
What if there isnt burried item? What if somebody waste days and dig 3-4 meters whole, or also waste 3-4 days searchin large area, without any finds,without succes? What than?
How can you explain that? He is not skilfull? Or some already well known Mineoro explanations..?
Have you ever tried Zahori? It can pick hum,noise and signal changes from every where. It is extra sensitive even to slites changes in static field. But this doesnt mean it is detecting coin at 40 meters. It is absolute uselles in any kind of metal prospecting.
Same story with all other LRL devices, i have been seen so far. Yet neither one proper explanations.
See what i mean? That's why i can not accept this yours or any other LRL concept as true.
Unless you have something more to show here, i will stay pretty sure that am very right.
About others...let them do decide.
Regards man!