LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 07-25-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Help!

Help me! Anybody know something about Magnacast 5000?
Any experiences?
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Guru

Hi Earthworm Jim,

Read what we know about Magnacast 5000 here: http://thunting.com/geotech/forums/s...ad.php?t=13089

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 07-26-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Emailed Chinese Mfr.

J Player,
Just for grins I emailed the Chinese Company that Mfrs. the VR1000B treasure locator for a quote. Interesting that it works in the 400MHZ band and wonder if it would be legal here in the states. Would be kinda fun to play with though.
Ahso deska! (Japanese expression,sorry).

Randy
Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 AM
Guru

Hi Seden,

Most radio transmitters are legal if kept under certain maxmum power levels. When I read the Magnacast 5000 instruction manual, I see it shows a setting that goes as high as 50 meters (164 feet). I think maybe the effective radiated power is kept below the maximum to allow transmitting the UHF band. It appears the Magnacast 5000 may work at a different frequency or frequencies than the VR1000.

In the case of the VR1000, the manual says to test it by placing several coins or pieces of jewelry about 50 feet from the transmitter -- also probably a legal transmitting power level.

Considering the inventor of the Vernell long range locators was a certified television technician, and considering he sells these products in the USA, it would seem likely that they are legal here.

See the magnacast 5000 manual here: http://www.vrdetectors.com/5000%20MA...0-from-PDF.pdf

See the VR1000 manual here: http://www.vrdetectors.com/1000INST.doc

I would be interested to hear what the Chinese manufacturer charges for the VR1000. If it is less than $100, it may be fun to order one to test.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi Seden,
I would be interested to hear what the Chinese manufacturer charges for the VR1000. If it is less than $100, it may be fun to order one to test.

Best wishes,
J_P
Hi J_Player.
I think thay 100$ is very low price for the VR1000. As i looked i found at a shop at Florida the VR-1000 for 1800$ and the Magnacast 5000 for 2500$.
Regards
Old 07-26-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Thank you!

Thank you! I havent see those yesterday.
I will read those first.
Regards!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Hi J_Player.
I think thay 100$ is very low price for the VR1000. As i looked i found at a shop at Florida the VR-1000 for 1800$ and the Magnacast 5000 for 2500$.
Regards
Hi Geo,
According to Carl, the VR2000 does not work to find treasure. And the Magnacast 5000 is similar. Dell Winders Also says that he was unable to use these forward gauss machines because operating conditions deteriorated affecting the reliability of the instrument making it impractical for his use in 1988.

This makes me think this machine does not find treasure, and is not worth more than $100 to me. Maybe they will not sell for $100, but for me, I will not find more than $100 of fun playing with a machine that does not find treasure. If the Chinese manufacturer will not sell for less than $100, then I can get the same fun from looking at these machines picture at the website for no money spent.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 07-26-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Good Point!

Yeah your right J Player, even spending a $100 would be a wee bit too much just to play around (my wife would take a very dim view of such expensive fun).

Like you said, it doesn't cost anything to look at the picture.

Randy

Last edited by Seden; 07-26-2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: forgot to sign
Old 07-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm Jim View Post
Help me! Anybody know something about Magnacast 5000?
Any experiences?
Thanks in advance!
Hi Jim,
I haven't direct experience with this stuff... and never see it working or the like but one my friend had one of these... but I trust my friend and just report what he said me about :

FOUND: nothing
STABILITY : none (receive rf noise)
USEFULNESS : none
IMPRESSION: "pieces of junk glued with lot of spit" (textual as he reported)

I think that last was due to furstration... cause he searched all over the places... for 1 or 2 years and found nothing at all! Also bought for thousands dollars... you know.

Seems can't find any gold or everything else... think you could do better with any wallmart detector... and also you would find one at lower price!

As said... no direct experience. He reselled unit before I could test it or open cover...

Best regards,
Max
Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Guru

I don't know what it is with this website but it continually logs me off when I am trying to post so I'm not posting the info again.

I have lots of info on the Magnacast, maybe even something that might help Carl.

ITMT maybe Carl will sell his unit for $100?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:25 PM

Default received Chinese VR1000B Quote

Ok guy's,
the Chinese company that mfr's. the VR1000B replied to me with a quote of $2,750 USD! Wow and to think of how many goods the US buy's from them and that's the thanks I get .

Randy
Old 07-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Guru

Default Factory discount is 10% higher?

$2750?? Dang ... The USA inventor will sell you the same thing after the Chinese manufacturer imports it to him for only $2500. Pretty tricky, them Chinese factories.

Well, even the USA price is $2400 too much for me, considering nobody ever saw it find anything. I figure if I could get one for under $100 delivered, then, after playing with it and testing it, (and taking photos of the inside and making a schematic for the forum), I could sell it for at least $250 on ebay. This is only a wild guess, because a real working metal detector less than 2 years old will usually sell between 50% and 80% of its retail value. But a little-known LRL that has consistent failure reports would only appeal to a few suckers who are determined to get a bargain instead of paying retail. So I speculate that 10 cents on the dollar is a good sales pitch. If I had one of these to advertise for sale used on ebay, I would state out front that "this long range locator is in perfect working condition and it finds NO TREASURE for me. It is not even worth the shipping cost. But if you think I am wrong, starting bids are $250... "

I think I would probably recover my "toy money", and some extra.

As P. T. Barnum said....

J_P
Old 07-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Guru

2750$ ??
I believe that they search for crazy people
Yes 2750$ is a very good price for the chinese manufacture to make money from us
Old 07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Yes 2750$ is a very good price for the chinese manufacture to make money from us
Hi Geo,

Hahahahaaa... Yes, I think it cost Chinese factory $22 for parts and $12 for labour to construct LRL. After adding shipping cost, the total factory cost is maybe $64 USD. This is the reason why I look for price under $100. Factory owner can put $36 in pocket after take my $100 USD.

Maybe my numbers are wrong, but this is no problem for me, because I will never pay more than $100 for toy that nobody can find treasure with.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 07-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Guru

I talked to Bill Dunning about the Chinese VR1000B. He said that was not the current model.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Guru

When using the Magnacast 5000 (aka VR5000) you need to pivot the Scan Gun antenna on it's own axis. If you try to sweep it like an L-rod, the distance between the antenna and the transmitter changes. Look for a sharp or irregular response--as soon as you pass the signal line the response will drop sharply. Setting the RSL is critical, a finer tuning would be helpful to get as close to the threshold as possible.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Guru

When learning, set out a target then work it from every angle until you find out what's happening. Try to position yourself 13.5 feet from the transmitter. Much like a metal detector, it takes a practiced ear and attention as well as exact tuning. As I said, a fine tuning control for the RSL would be very helpful. Try walking through the signal line and watch for a sharp drop off. The quick/sharp or even irregular responses are what you are looking for. A gold ring can cause a flickering responses

Someone said Carl has an electric fence. It doesn't seem like this would be a good practice area.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
When learning, set out a target then work it from every angle until you find out what's happening. Try to position yourself 13.5 feet from the transmitter. Much like a metal detector, it takes a practiced ear and attention as well as exact tuning. As I said, a fine tuning control for the RSL would be very helpful. Try walking through the signal line and watch for a sharp drop off. The quick/sharp or even irregular responses are what you are looking for. A gold ring can cause a flickering responses

Someone said Carl has an electric fence. It doesn't seem like this would be a good practice area.
Hi Mike,
sorry but I have to ask...

"Try to position yourself 13.5 feet from the transmitter." eh ???

HAVE YOU ALREADY THE TREASURE MAP ???

C'mon... what's that feets for ? When I want to search for something using an MD I switch it on, tune for geb and start sweeping...

Don't make a PLAN! Don't make feet measures... like "the pirates of the carribean"... all that stuff is a pile of B.S. man.
Seems same stuff I've seen about (other) LRLs you need low humidity... you need the sunrise... you need a "moulin rouge's girl"... you need a GURU!

This thing indicate where the "treasure" is ???
if so, ok, try win the challenge!
I'll support you with my mind... but if not... please STOP putting PILES of B.S. informations.

As my friend say (and I've no dubt about) all this stuff Magnamix or whatever... is: "pieces of junk glued with lot of spit".

Best regards,
Max

PS: "A gold ring can cause a flickering responses " yeah, and my fart too.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Guru

Well, I guess you know more about it than I do.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Well, I guess you know more about it than I do.
Hi Mike,
I've not used it... never tested myself. But belive my friend (very serious person and really skilled on all this stuff).
Think that all this stuff is similar to other things (LRL) but have different packaging...

He reported to me that had really huge interferences due to power lines... radio stations... radar etc etc

He didn't found anything! Anything! Wasted a lot of time...

Kind regards,
Max
Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Guru

Just like 95% of all metal detectorists. It's not easy to detect gold next to iron with any discriminating metal detector. You can't just turn on a metal detector and expect to find gold. Most people never master a metal detector. Add in a negative attitude and you have the recipe for failure. And a get-rich-quick attitude is worse, yet. Reminds me of the guy with the two-box who dug a monster hole in his yard. It's faulty logic to then say that two-boxes don't work, and that's exactly what you are doing with locators. Carl admitted that he needed to spend more time with the VR2000. I've offered a few helpful tips.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Guru

Just like 95% of all metal detectorists. It's not easy to detect gold next to iron with any discriminating metal detector. You can't just turn on a metal detector and expect to find gold. Most people never master a metal detector. Add in a negative attitude and you have the recipe for failure. And a get-rich-quick attitude is worse, yet. Reminds me of the guy with the two-box who dug a monster hole in his yard. It's faulty logic to then say that two-boxes don't work, and that's exactly what you are doing with locators. Carl admitted that he needed to spend more time with the VR2000. I've offered a few helpful tips.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Guru

RE post #17 about the 13.5 feet distance from the transmitter:

This distance is when using signal strength #1 (lowest). If you use more power, you will need to use more distance.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Guru

Hi,
I remain of my idea... anyway...

if it's so easy to do for an "expert" user of that things
WHY NOBODY TRY THE CHALLENGE AND GOT THE MONEY !?

NOBODY! WHY ??? MAYBE THESE DEVICES JUST DON'T WORK... and we are talking about dreams...

With my MD I'm sure I can find stuff in a reliable way. Could test on different soils and got signals... pinpoint... and find stuff! Can that MagnaCharta do the same ???

I think that Carl need more time to spend with that device... and probably haven't (as many others here) to test accurately at now.
This don't mean that stuff really works.

Till now I've seen too many claims and absolutely no-real-discoveries made from that LRLs.

All discoveries were made , if LRL was present, using conventional MD (PI mainly) and mags... so digging stuff.

Never heard that someone found anything just using LRL... also counting steps. (I mean not science-fiction stories... but real , documented discoveries)

Just my thoughts... but untill someone find something using all these things and some serious scientific approach/theory justify that claims I'll not change my point of view.

Best regards,
Max
Old 07-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Guru

Vigilante justice mindset might seem like a noble thing but it's really just a way to take out your frustrations/aggressions on someone else. Reminds me of people with an unruly dog. They won't admit they are at fault. I've said it before, many people just can't learn on their own. I totally disagree with your idea about metal detectors. All evidence points the opposite way.