LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > General Electronics

Old 08-23-2020, 04:12 PM

Default What capacitor?

Hi I hope you can help me. This is my first time on this forum so I hope I've posted in the correct place.
I'm relatively new to to dark art of electronics.
After my detector( the pw seekit) that I built while at college I the late 70s was damaged beyond repair last week by a leaking workshop roof, I've decided to build a new detector, I've decided on a induction balance design from the 80s,as like the seekit it's simple,
The problem I have is the substitution of polystyrene capacitors, while they are available, there not available locally ( like to support local traders).
What would be a good substitute, mylar? Ceramic? Or tant.?
An ex electronic engineer told me its not the material that maters its the value and voltage, I'm not convinced, what's your recommendations??
Old 08-23-2020, 09:49 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
Hi I hope you can help me. This is my first time on this forum so I hope I've posted in the correct place.
After my detector( the pw seekit) that I built while at college I the late 70s was damaged beyond repair last week by a leaking workshop roof, I've decided to build a new detector, I've decided on a induction balance design from the 80s,as like the seekit it's simple,
The problem I have is the substitution of polystyrene capacitors, while they are available, there not available locally ( like to support local traders).
An ex electronic engineer told me its not the material that maters its the value and voltage, I'm not convinced, what's your recommendations??
You should probably be in the Geotech forum at www.geotech1.com/forums
The LongRangeLocators forum is for ... long range locators ... and I suspect that's not what you're looking for.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
You should probably be in the Geotech forum at www.geotech1.com/forums
The LongRangeLocators forum is for ... long range locators ... and I suspect that's not what you're looking for.
Why not one, just think it's a normal question regarding the normal operation of the instrument far obnoruzheniya. Good and stable operation of the LRL depends on good and high-quality parts .
Old 08-28-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
To give you advice on the details, you need to see the diagram .Where and what place you need to put the tape where it is possible and easier for the capacitor to deliver. And so here on the forum of clairvoyants I personally do not know.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:15 PM

The capacitors in question are
C5
C6
C14
C15 and 16
Thanks
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2020, 05:41 PM

Yes, an interesting scheme, Thanks! And so.... I would put Polystyrene or film. If there is desire to muster on SMD the stavte all NP0 and you can dig modicum under -30
Old 08-30-2020, 06:17 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahom View Post
Why not one, just think it's a normal question regarding the normal operation of the instrument far obnoruzheniya. Good and stable operation of the LRL depends on good and high-quality parts .

It is not LRL, it is about very known ETI schematic of IB design, posted at Geotech too:

https://www.geotech1.com/pages/metde...i549au_300.pdf

Mylar C are apropriate substitution.

Old 08-30-2020, 06:41 AM

Yes, I understand that it's not a FISH, but Otechestva details depends on a good job any device. Thank you for the full description of the MD scheme.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:17 AM
Guru

Quote:

Sometimes reseller even do not know what they have, par example:

Not only this is polystirene capacitor:

But this too:

and this too:

Or this:

as well this: