LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 11-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Guru

Default PD schematic interpretations

please write here your interpretations of PD schematic

my interpretation is that is made basically of 3 different circuits:

1. Heathkit GD348 MD with omega+round smaller coil, working as usual old IB VLF MD with unshielded coils and at same expected range of an IB VLF MD with that small coils

2. passive receiver circuit made around a couple of ferrite rods antenna (directive) and tuned in LF band (long waves) maybe around 60Khz, to receive some very strong LF signal like time radio station WWVB of NIST and the like

3. mixer and monostable circuit that mix output of the MD and passive receiver and then feed a 555 that controls buzzer for audible signal and led

I don't see anything else interesting

please provide your interpretation too, expecially Geo

regards
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM

I suspect, the LRL rats do not want to discuss the technical aspects of it.

They either
want to discuss the discussion, that LRL's are working.
or
to discuss the discussion about so called "theories", which is in my opinion a b$ theory.

EMI noise and other noise sources are the best friends of LRL rats.

Cheers,
Aziz
Old 11-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Guru

Hi Aziz,
the fact is that the schematic is quite simple so I do not understand what they mean for particular stuff we don't see in it or we miss somehow e.g. the purpose or meaning of such circuits

but lets see what they write (if they will write something...) and take a look at their interpretation of schematic if different from ours

regards
Max

"

someone said...
Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post

2. passive receiver circuit made around a couple of ferrite rods antenna (directive) and tuned in LF band (long waves) maybe around 60Khz, to receive some very strong LF signal like time radio station WWVB of NIST and the like

regards
Max
From my point of view, they expected to get huge directivity with such construction especially with use of ferrite rods antenna. Huge directivity mean long range detection. Regretfully there are disturbing reality somewhere between.

But let them to talk correct explanations.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Guru

I believe someone said that the coils are not absolutely necessary but an improvement, so we could drop all the GD348 and mixer circuit, and it should still "work". That would let us with a simple passive receiver, so this must be the heart of the circuit.
Apparently the idea when tuning it is to cancel any magnetic reaction, so we end up with a receiver that detect only RF levels variations...
mmmh...No wonder it is somewhat erratic and depends on geography ...
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Guru

seems that they (LRL believers and claimers) don't wanna discuss about schematic of PD

I do not understand that, but is not a good sign about they have a better understanding of that schematic at the end of the day...

"

someone said...
Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I believe someone said that the coils are not absolutely necessary but an improvement, so we could drop all the GD348 and mixer circuit, and it should still "work". That would let us with a simple passive receiver, so this must be the heart of the circuit.
Apparently the idea when tuning it is to cancel any magnetic reaction, so we end up with a receiver that detect only RF levels variations...
? if the GD348 and mixer serves nothing or are not strictly necessary all the interesting part must be at ferrite: a simple passive receiver is the working LRL ???

if so it's not different from the "goldgun" AL718, that's indeed a simple passive receiver! but seems many people , even LRL addicted many times here denied the goldgun works as advertised... so I really don't understand what's so special in that schematic then or what we do not see or understand...

will be nice to hear from the LRL entusiasts about that stuff...

regards
Max

"

someone said...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Guru

Do you really want to discuss the issue of PD;; How;;
I refuse to go into a debate, where you tolerate a member to cursing others; I think that you do not like.

Regards
Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Guru

sure, I wanna discuss schematic here, no jokes...

so Geo, what did you see interesting in it ?

regards
Max

"

someone said...
Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Guru

Quote:
? if the GD348 and mixer serves nothing or are not strictly necessary all the interesting part must be at ferrite: a simple passive receiver is the working LRL ???
I Think Morgan mentioned this before, but not sure 100%...Hope he will comment too.
Quote:
if so it's not different from the "goldgun" AL718, that's indeed a simple passive receiver!
Max
Exatly what i though.Also same a Esteban´s claims: wideband receiver, etc etc...remember ?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Guru

my pdk...only part ferrite
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Guru

Default Alonso´s Passive RX

Quote:
Thats true,the Passive Receiver is the heart of the circuit,and a piece of art...
The EE or entusiast who can find the way to UPGRADE this circuit, have build one powerful Long Range Locator.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by folharin View Post
my pdk...only part ferrite
Very nice,and where is the OMEGA coil?

hope it will work...

It looks you get the MAX schematic?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Thats true,the Passive Receiver is the heart of the circuit,and a piece of art...
The EE or entusiast who can find the way to UPGRADE this circuit, have build one powerful Long Range Locator.
Name:  PDK inside.JPG
Views: 10888
Size:  194.4 KB
Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Guru

omega coil ... I am still building ...

could anybody help me with the number of turns omega coil?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Guru

may be no morgan no alonso know the true function of pd, due alonso clone pd of others basic projects of usa, for conforming the first pd prototipe, all came for the initial army project sensible circuit whit two ferrites rod esteban show us, of here came pd morgan reloaded major, alonso change from pd to dch´s, after to dchs whit infrared sistem, and the failed mineoro of fresh gold
puede ser ni siquiera morgan ni alonso conocen el verdadero funcionamiento de la pd, debido a que alonso clono su primer prototipo de otros basicos proyectos de usa, para conformar la primer prototipo pd, todo viene del inicial proyecto de la armada con dos ferrites que esteban nos presento, de allo derivo la pd, la cual morgan a perfeccionado aun mas ya que alonso paso de alli a la dchs y de ahi a la dchs con led de infrarojo despues a las fallidas mineoro cajas cuadradas para oro fresco, y que solo funcionan en los patios de esa fabrica
Old 11-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Guru

folharin the pd project isnt easy, the omega calibration coils and ferrite, s are an nigthmares, i called these the tegnic lrl puzzle, morgan abandon the original prototipe alonso recipes, due to these extremely dificultous calibrationsl only circuit 5 be practice for an electronic experimental project of amateurs
Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Guru

folharin play whit circuit 5, btw in r,s forum, max ivconic, and others ee no was possible build these complete pd
Old 11-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Guru

Quote:
sure, I wanna discuss schematic here, no jokes...

so Geo, what did you see interesting in it ?

regards
Max
Hi Max
Unfortunately I can not participate in debate together with Aziz, and calls us rats. Rather, judge by himself. I am 51 years old and I do not accept insults from any kid like him.

Regards
Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi Max
Unfortunately I can not participate in debate together with Aziz, and calls us rats.
Regards
At first you Geo!
Dirty words do not lead anywhere!
This is not good for anybody!
Regards!
Zocky-Zocky
Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Guru

Quote:
I Think Morgan mentioned this before, but not sure 100%...Hope he will comment too.

Exatly what i though.Also same a Esteban´s claims: wideband receiver, etc etc...remember ?
yes, I remember he told us many times it's wideband receiver in some cases, don't know if PD is one of them anyway cause seems ferrite circuit is tuned to resonate at a specific frequency, though will be anyway somehow "broadband" cause of lack of selectivity (it's not heterodyne receiver or pll stuff... or else, just tuned ferrite coil antenna+capacitor in lc tank so selectivity just depends on Q of the coils...)

I remember another kind of LRL where he uses tape recorder amplifier, and that's a vlf broadband receiver no dubt

regards
Max

"

someone said...
Old 11-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
so you state also that the regular MD inside and mixer are not necessary; but if so, like also Fred stated, the PD is similar to the goldgun AL718, a passive receiver for vlf signals, just seems PD operate above 30KHz at around 62KHz (so in the LF band, long waves)

can you confirm that ?

regards
Max

"

someone said...
Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Max
Unfortunately I can not participate in debate together with Aziz, and calls us rats. Rather, judge by himself. I am 51 years old and I do not accept insults from any kid like him.

Regards
ok , ok
you're 51 old and offended by jokes of Aziz but let this thread free of this stuff... focus on schematic and what's interesting inside, if anything I mean

I think Aziz will not made jokes or call you rats if we'll focus on electronics, frequency, coils and the like... you know, skeptics are triggered to make jokes and eat popcorn by unsupported claims, but if the approach is scientific and technical no need of insults or jokes here, and till now can't you notice it seems a very quite thread for the average of remote sensing section? it's quite and polite!

so, for you the passive receiver of PD is the heart of LRL behaviour ? and if so, do you think is somehow related to the goldgun al718 as principle of operation ?

regards
Max

"

someone said...
Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by detectoman View Post
may be no morgan no alonso know the true function of pd, due alonso clone pd of others basic projects of usa, for conforming the first pd prototipe, all came for the initial army project sensible circuit whit two ferrites rod esteban show us, of here came pd morgan reloaded major, alonso change from pd to dch´s, after to dchs whit infrared sistem, and the failed mineoro of fresh gold
puede ser ni siquiera morgan ni alonso conocen el verdadero funcionamiento de la pd, debido a que alonso clono su primer prototipo de otros basicos proyectos de usa, para conformar la primer prototipo pd, todo viene del inicial proyecto de la armada con dos ferrites que esteban nos presento, de allo derivo la pd, la cual morgan a perfeccionado aun mas ya que alonso paso de alli a la dchs y de ahi a la dchs con led de infrarojo despues a las fallidas mineoro cajas cuadradas para oro fresco, y que solo funcionan en los patios de esa fabrica
army project ? I don't remember that...
where is it ?

regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 11-02-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Hi Max

Regards

Absolutly right Geo,

No necessary to argue anymore when you are considered like a RAT.

Where are you administrator ? .

The old rats arenot giving any regards.

That's what we call respect.

Gibon