LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 09-25-2006, 07:21 PM

Default LRL + Electronics

LRL + Electronics

Below we have a readout of an FFT taken form a LRL. We can see a wide range of frequencies.
Would any of the LRL experts be so kind as to explain to me which ones are the important frequencies, meaning the ones that carry the information, so that I can try to implement a device to interface this receiver with a CPU for processing?

Does anybody have some good suggestions of how we could, by the use of electronic circuitry, set up a scientific testing system to prove the functionality of a LRL?

Tinkerer
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2006, 03:02 AM
Administrator

What LRL are you measuring, and what are you measuring from it?
Old 09-27-2006, 01:05 PM

Default LRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
What LRL are you measuring, and what are you measuring from it?
I dont want to get involved in names and maufacturers of LRL's, I can give you all the information about this specific LRL by email if you give me the address.

I hooked the LRL up to the FFT, to see how its receiver frequency compares to the one of the PI coil that I was testing. It turned out to be a very good, very wide band recever, with the frequency spectrum basically below 2.5 Mhz.
The reading was done in the lab, where the environmental EM noise is very high.

Tinkerer
Old 09-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Most LRLs I'm familiar with, don't have a receiver. That's why I ask what you are measuring. If you are just measuring a low-quality signal generator (which most LRLs do have), then the results are meaningless... the spectrum has nothing to do with distant targets.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:34 PM

Default LRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
Most LRLs I'm familiar with, don't have a receiver. That's why I ask what you are measuring. If you are just measuring a low-quality signal generator (which most LRLs do have), then the results are meaningless... the spectrum has nothing to do with distant targets.
This is a passive LRL, does not transmit anything meassurable. It is an antena however. As such it is capable of receiving EM. It has no other processing circuit than the biocomputer (grey matter) of the operator. I just wondered how it would look like if hooked up to an FFT.

Tinkerer
Old 09-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Administrator

OK, that's what I needed to know.

One thing you could do is find out as much about the spectral response of the LRL under various conditions. How does the spectrum change if you vary the length of the antenna? Or change its direction? Or wave a piece of gold in front of it? How does the spectrum behave when holding the LRL, vs not holding it? How does the LRL spectrum compare with the spectrum from an ordinary antenna (same length & direction)? And, of course, what are the frequencies you are seeing?

But, by themselves, these measurements don't have much meaning. You really need to propose some sort of hypothesis, design tests to probe the hypothesis, and do everything you can think of to prove your hypothesis wrong.

- Carl
Old 09-27-2006, 11:02 PM

Thanks Carl,
these are very constructive ideas and I certainly will dedicate some time on them.
I try to keep an open mind and always listen to every ones opinion. So I will wait for the LRL advocates to bring their proposal. Hopefully we can then all agree on a hypotesis and testing procedure.

Tinkerer