LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM

Default My LRL "TOTeM" PD

Dear friends!
I apologize for my bad English in combination with Google translator.
My duties did not allow me to go before the conclusion of Long Range Locator titled "TОТеМ".
It is in the form of gun LRL detector (Pistol Detector), written by Carl Moreland and George Overton.
The project is complete with all the details published in the book referred to by the title "Inside the Metal Detector." The book was published 2012th year.
I immediately bought the book directly from the authors, but only now have time to do this for PCB LRL.
PCB for TOTeM PD was designed by a student of electrical engineering in Belgrade. His name is Mirko Grba.
I'm sure my PCB is identical with mounting scheme as in the book "Inside the metal detector."
On my PCB only reduced the number of jumpers, while the arrangement of components in the same mounting pattern book.
After all, look at the pictures.
These days I continue on with the signing of LRL's.

Electronics is interesting, is not it?

External is set LRL Pistol Detector "TOTeMs" by Carl Moreland & George Overton.

Model of PCB mounted LRL "TOTeMs" Pistol Detector.

PCB mounting shematic of LRL "TOTeMs" Pistol Detector.

My entire PCB mounting shematic of LRL "TOTeMs" Pistol Detector.

My PCB of LRL "TOTeM" PD.

Enjoy it!
Regards!
Sneshko
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Guru

dear sneshko
very good .
Can you put the pieces (part list)?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM

Now it's okay!
Tomorrow I will put all the documentation is not included in the copyright by the LRL project.
Enjoy!
Sneshko
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM

Default IT seems good

Congratulations Sneshko , I am interested just with the your detector , and feel somebody makes here warm. may i decide to build it, but my handwriting is baaaaaad... (was a joke)

thank you also for your next posts
best wishes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Guru

Bravo Sneshko!!!!

Don't stop to take class with your electronic teacher.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Guru (Administrator)

The PCB looks good. I was hoping someone would design a proper PCB for TOTeM, as I do not have the spare time to do it myself. Although [eventually] I might have gotten around to it.

By the way, I gave Sneshko permission to post the TOTeM information here.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:43 AM
Guru

Sneshko, congratulation, welcome to the world of LRL

Good luck
Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 AM

Dear friends!
Thanks for the compliments!
Tonight new data!
Regards!
Sneshko
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneshko View Post
Dear friends!
Thanks for the compliments!
Tonight new data!
Regards!
Sneshko
We're waiting for new information.
G.L
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustefa ubram View Post
We're waiting for new information.
G.L
Me2
Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Guru

where are you sneshko?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Dear friends!
I apologize for my bad English in combination with Google translator.
My duties did not allow me to go before the conclusion of Long Range Locator titled "TОТеМ".
It is in the form of gun LRL detector (Pistol Detector), written by Carl Moreland and George Overton.
The project is complete with all the details published in the book referred to by the title "Inside the Metal Detector." The book was published 2012th year.
I immediately bought the book directly from the authors, but only now have time to do this for PCB LRL.
PCB for TOTeM PD was designed by a student of electrical engineering in Belgrade. His name is Mirko Grba.
I'm sure my PCB is identical with mounting scheme as in the book "Inside the metal detector."
On my PCB only reduced the number of jumpers, while the arrangement of components in the same mounting pattern book.
After all, look at the pictures.
These days I continue on with the signing of LRL's.

Electronics is interesting, is not it?

External is set LRL Pistol Detector "TOTeMs" by Carl Moreland & George Overton.

Model of PCB mounted LRL "TOTeMs" Pistol Detector.

PCB mounting shematic of LRL "TOTeMs" Pistol Detector.

My entire PCB mounting shematic of LRL "TOTeMs" Pistol Detector.

Enjoy it!
Regards!
Sneshko

Hi all

interested PD Electronic detector
I do not agree with PD that uses coil RX and TX and IR
But we are all researchers and learn from the experiences of others

It's like PCB for my LRL

good luck
especially Carl
Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 PM

Dear friends!
I had a problem that did not allow me to put all of my online solutions for LRL TОТeМ PD.
So, once again - Wiring diagrams:

Black and white PCB:

Black-and-white pattern layout components:

Part list 1:

Part list 2:

For full details on TОТеМ PD must, however, buy the book: Carl Moreland & George Overton "Inside the metal Detector" !
Regards!
Sneshko
Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Guru

Quote:
Dear friends!

For full details on TОТеМ PD must, however, buy the book: Carl Moreland & George Overton "Inside the metal Detector" !
Regards!
Sneshko
Sneshko, Good work
But i liked the underline
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 AM

Thank you Geo!
Regards!
Sneshko
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 PM

hi .
i give special thanks to you your work was very good please continue this process .
regards sneshko .
Old 07-26-2013, 12:16 PM

Default hi

Please explain the connection
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2013, 05:14 PM

Hi mahditala!
Everything is explained in the book "Inside the Metal-Detector" of authors George Overton & Carl Moreland.
See link: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/conte...metal-detector
I have permission from the author to publicly presenting the data.
If you want to build a totem PD have to buy the book.
I'm sorry!
Regards!
Sneshko
Old 08-04-2013, 05:10 AM
Guru

This is nice work here to promote the ToTem with PCB layout information and then all what is left to be needed is buying the book as the "missing keystone" and I fully grant or vouchsafe that Carl and George or what is the correct word to say that someone likes if some other person - have success etc. with his cool book and work -

BUT:

wouldn't it have been a thousand times better if the ITMD book would have offered an improved and new and copyrightfree from Mineoro etc. version of the PDK or of the Crypton or some other so called

"real working LRL"-schematic incl. do it yourself built manual -

than such an almost useless experimental toy???

What is the gain for an electronic-interested-person if he builts this ToTem thing?

Perhaps I'm wrong and meanwhile it really works somehow for LRL detection or there will be some upgrade to get it working but so far I know all what it really does is detecting metal the usual way and on short distance and the "LRL signal" stuff is some "useless demonstration" like a shareware software which doesn't work full functional.

At least this ToTem should be some experimenting platform where it might be possible with some addons and stuff to get some real long range detection on the start.

Funny parable:
The ToteM is like a car with wheels but no motor.

You can drive if somebody pushes the car from behind but you can't drive for real.

And now tell me what healthy thinking person buys or builts a car that has no motor???

Or in other words: What the heck are you smoking, I (don't?) want the same stuff!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder View Post
What is the gain for an electronic-interested-person if he builts this ToTem thing?
What you gain from building TOTeM is a device that allows you to explore the world of LRLs without spending huge amounts of money.

You basically have two choices:
  1. Buy a commercial device (Mineoro, for example).
  2. Build your own LRL (Alonso PD, for example).
The problem with choice 1 is that your wallet is heavily mined by the seller, and the result is always an expensive education.
Which leaves option 2. But here we have a major problem, as the technical information is severely fragmented, or in some cases completely missing.
This is why TOTeM was created. It passes all the laboratory tests used for the Alonso PD, and reacts in the same way. It is not based on the Alonso PD, but achieves the same result. The design is fully explained in the book, so the constructor can modify the design if he so wishes, and generally use the unit to explore the concept behind electronic LRLs. The LRL education you achieve with TOTeM far exceeds buying a commercial unit.

Quote:
Perhaps I'm wrong and meanwhile it really works somehow for LRL detection or there will be some upgrade to get it working but so far I know all what it really does is detecting metal the usual way and on short distance and the "LRL signal" stuff is some "useless demonstration" like a shareware software which doesn't work full functional.
You seem to be misunderstanding an important point about TOTeM:

As it says in the book - "There is absolutely no guarantee of success."

From the Conclusions section:
"Whether it will lead you to treasure or not is maybe another story, but at least you will have the opportunity to explore the pseudo-scientific world of long range locators for yourself, and make up your own mind on the matter."

Quote:
Funny parable:
The ToteM is like a car with wheels but no motor.

You can drive if somebody pushes the car from behind but you can't drive for real.

And now tell me what healthy thinking person buys or builts a car that has no motor???

Or in other words: What the heck are you smoking, I (don't?) want the same stuff!
I can assure you that TOTeM is fully functional, and not "shareware". It just might not drive in the direction that you want it to go. To do that, you need a device with a swivel-handle.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Guru

Originally Posted by Funfinder
> What you gain from building TOTeM is a device that allows you to explore the world of LRLs without spending huge amounts of money.

Please wait, not that much stuff at once.

Your term of "world of LRLs" is a construction and invalid generalization.
We are not talking about all LRLs, but only about ToTem circuit similar stuff.

And with something that does not works at all you can't explore or counterproof anything.

If I wanna demonstrate and prove that per instance this Mineoro hundred-years-old-experimental imitaded circuit PDK
does not work, I will use exactly the same machine and not something that is just more or less similar.

The person who claims that it works has to be forced to use exactly the same neutral test-field
so he can't play cheap tricks in his garden or at whatever places he claims that it works.
Or I go to those sites and find out why his detector really reacts there.

And I know the "art of working" here in this forum since a long time to know how incorrect the methods here are and ever will be.

The persons here don't have in mind the "whole" but just play there own egoistical little games.

If the "electronical LRL topic" would have some serious substance the persons would try to work together instead of cooking their own little "air castle-soups", until some real functional is the result that is useful for anyone, and after this they will have success with their experiments, works, trys, improvements and tests.

But not that way with all the contradictory output.

The big question is:

Does anyone here really has the slightest clue if LRL-detection really could work and on what scientific proven principles - or not???

The answers is quite simple:
If those who start with their "fantastic" inventions and try to spread them for a huge amount of money can't seriously prove and explain the technical concepts behind their success granting wonder devices they can go to the land of fairy-tales and showman-tricksters and have nothing to do with serious technology.

Qiaozhi, your argument with the money of course is really good -
as long the used circuits represent the same technical system.

But even if so: I never would built a dowsing rod out of alu to show that a copper dowsing rod also does not work. Because it is not the dowsing rod that moves, but the person who holds it. Simple prove:
Mount that dowsing rod flexible so it can move on some little kids-car and drag it by some cord over a field.

Will it detect anything? No! Shure not!
The same way a person could mount anything there it and it only would move if the ground is not completly even.

So the important thing is that such an electronical device also must work completly without human support.

btw. its totally ridiculous that people today still think, that they would be able to hide their "secret wonder-circuits" (and oh so wonderful not really working...). Especially such simple radio-detector crap as it is used by Mineoro or OKM and their experimental circuits from 30 years ago, which are even more simple to comprehend.

The time when electronic-engineers were like magic providing wizards to the stupid public is long time over.

Seen from a criminalistic point of view the much more sophisticated technic has to be used to sell such non-working crap to persons or in other words - how to betray them.

Make a big mystery out of this stuff and on what priciple it works is one way, telling huge totally fraudulently and non-reprovable fairy-tales about finds and "great" test-results (coins detectable from 3 meters.. . ) is another evil way and last but not least covering the whole crap with pseudo-scientific eletronical explanations!

All this applies to this forum here!

And some counter-proof ToTeM circuit won't change it, as long as not everyone can seen the similarities between "as working promoted" and as "proven notworking rebuildable test-" units.

But you Qiaozhi at least are on the "fair side of the law" and try to make transparent some stuff that is going on behind the scenes.

And if you don't talk clearly that your ToTem and what exact compare units it should counterprove works exactly on this or that electronical-detection-principle you can't hope for understanding or a big: "YES, now we have the counterproof!"

The sad thing for me personally is that such "playing hide and seek-methods" of those mysterious-chandling and in a bad light shining "wonder-circuit-providers" pollute my electronical inventors-spririt!

And for a poison a real antidote has to be found, and I doubt the ToTem will be good enough.
Why I doubt that our "LRL-doctors" here will be able for this...

Otherwise the "poison" must be proved as a great valuable medicine to find treasures from a far distance!
The "huge" Mineoro and OKM companies failed already miserable in this task so it will be not different with the "little fishes"...

And seen from an juristical point of view this hole LRL forum is just a big worthless and substanceless "BLA BLA BLA"!

Somehow spacy, bizarre and pseudo-esoterical entertainment, but the hell no good information about real useful scientifical and electronical aspects concerning LRL-detection!

Neiter the Pro nor the Contra contributions!

Why are the persons here that are claiming their LRLs are working, not like to send a testing unit to Carl
including understandable technical describtion why and how?

If they would get a proven "YES, I confirm it works!", they would have worldwide huge success and good reputation !!!

But seems they know already that they never would get a YES for their self-betraying crap, as it was with Mineoro,
who also refused a test with Carl. All the same cowardly guys with no *ss in his pants, who better prefer to cheat
naive and uninformed persons but don't have the strenght to stand behind their stupid and criminal activities!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 AM

re Wonderful, I spent more than ten thousand dollars to buy a FG80, do not ****ing matter
Old 08-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Qiaozhi, your argument with the money of course is really good - as long the used circuits represent the same technical system.
The TOTeM circuit does represent the "same technical system". Read Chapter 14 of ITMD, and you will see for yourself.

Quote:
But even if so: I never would built a dowsing rod out of alu to show that a copper dowsing rod also does not work. Because it is not the dowsing rod that moves, but the person who holds it.
Your analogy is not a valid one.

Quote:
But you Qiaozhi at least are on the "fair side of the law" and try to make transparent some stuff that is going on behind the scenes.
Good. At least you understand my position. That's a start.

Quote:
And if you don't talk clearly that your ToTem and what exact compare units it should counterprove works exactly on this or that electronical-detection-principle you can't hope for understanding or a big: "YES, now we have the counterproof!"
The purpose of TOTeM is not to "counterprove" any particular unit. The intention is to provide a fully documented circuit that anyone (with some basic knowledge of electronics) can build for themselves, and then use to gain an understanding of the so-called pistol detector technology. Using this knowledge they can determine for themselves whether the claims for these pistol detectors are true or false.

By building TOTeM, it is possible to get the same experience as other pistol detector builders. Then you will gain an understanding of how an electronic-only (no swivel handle) device can seemingly detect metal targets at a distance, without the ideomotor effect. Eventually you may get to understand how this is more a matter of psychology, rather than physics, and why it's a "trick of the mind".

In my experience, people like to come to their own conclusions and not simply be told "this is rubbish and doesn't work", or "yes, of course it works". You have to do the experiments yourself! There is no other alternative.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 AM

Is that true?
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahditala View Post
Is that true?
Basically that's correct.
The wiring details for the active and passive threshold pots are given on page 241.