LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Dowsing & Passive Locators

Old 05-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Default Dowsing for treasure

Hi everybody, my names Chris, im new here. I was wondering if anybody has had any luck dowsing with either pendulums or L rods for buried coins etc, and was just wondering on the best techniques to use, ie map dowsing, in the field or other?. Would love to hear peoples ideas, advice etc. Thank you. Chris.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesearcher View Post

I was wondering if anybody has had any luck dowsing with either pendulums or L rods
This is best-kept secret of all time.

But seems our friend hung discovered Grandmother gold gift box this way (and pinpointing by regular metal detector).
Old 05-11-2012, 06:02 AM

Hi, and thanks for your reply. I totaly agree with you on that one. I've been detecting for 25 years, but i studied psychic science for 8 years also. A lot of people can be sceptical of dowsing (including my wife), but there is an awful lot of accuracy behind it. I've never applied it to a treasure hunting situation however. Thought i may give map dowsing a go, have you ever tried this or dowsing in the fields yourself?. Chris
Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Guru

Quote:

Thought i may give map dowsing a go, have you ever tried this or dowsing in the fields yourself?.
When I was 13, I've tested different dowsing technique. I was successful as water dowser by using willow branch dowsing rod only. I was once hired by neighbour to find water. Then he found water at point I marked by wooden dowsing rod. But water is easy to find - cause water (unlike than gold) is everywhere under surface (you need only to know some special surface marker in vegetation, basic of geology and "voila!").

And then I grew up and gave up those "science".
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 AM

So would you consider dowsing to be a viable way of locating buried metals still?. Most items can be found by dowsing it seems,with practise you could refine the art to apply it to map dowsing etc?.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
So would you consider dowsing to be a viable way of locating buried metals still?. Most items can be found by dowsing it seems,with practise you could refine the art to apply it to map dowsing etc?.
Not everything has made it over to this dedicated website just yet. There is still some material over on Geotech that I suggest you read very carefully.
http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...&file=main.dat
Old 05-13-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Not everything has made it over to this dedicated website just yet. There is still some material over on Geotech that I suggest you read very carefully.
http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...&file=main.dat
THANKS Qiaozhi
Old 05-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Banned

Default Hello Chris

Quote:
Hi everybody, my names Chris, im new here. I was wondering if anybody has had any luck dowsing with either pendulums or L rods for buried coins etc, and was just wondering on the best techniques to use, ie map dowsing, in the field or other?. Would love to hear peoples ideas, advice etc. Thank you. Chris.
Hello Chris
Good to see you've joined this forum with an open mind. Many of the people here have gone to school and been trained in thier ways and therefor cannot think for themselfs. I know it's SAD! Divining or dowsing is and extremely interesting area of science, and dont be dishartened by the religious nutters who say it is garbage. I know quite a lot the subject and would be glad to share my knowledge.
rgds
Dedevil
Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedevil View Post

I know quite a lot the subject and would be glad to share my knowledge.
In other words: take your wallet and run away.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Banned

Default *******************************************

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
In other words: take your wallet and run away.
Why? I am not going to charge for sharing my knowledge with another member who is interested in the subject. If i remember correctly WM6, you LOST the last battle AND payed me out "remember", **********

rgds
Dedevil

Last edited by Qiaozhi; 05-31-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Removed personal insults in both the title and text.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Guru

Quote:

Why? I am not going to charge for sharing my knowledge with another member who is interested in the subject.
Agree, suggestion to buy expensive LRL crap is for free.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Banned

Default IQ<0.00

Quote:
Agree, suggestion to buy expensive LRL crap is for free.

Last edited by Qiaozhi; 05-31-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Removed personal insult.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Guru

Quote:
Divining or dowsing is and extremely interesting area of science, and dont be dishartened by the religious nutters who say it is garbage. I know quite a lot the subject and would be glad to share my knowledge.
Dedevil
On most dowsing forums, if you try to discuss dowsing from a scientific perspective, nobody there wants to hear about it. Got ideomotor response?

--Dave J.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Guru

Here's an example among many that could be offered:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/do...sing-what.html

It's not a long thread. Watch how it unfolds -- what it begins with and what it ends with.

--Dave J.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Guru

Quote:
You are definatley **********
From third dimension fraudster perspective.

Last edited by Qiaozhi; 05-31-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Removed insults from Dedevil's quote.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Banned

Default Hello Chris

I think it's best to start with the basics. Try reading the spring rod thread that i posted a few threads ago.

rgds
Old 05-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Guru

Quote:
I think it's best to start with the basics. Try reading the spring rod thread that i posted a few threads ago.

rgds
Thanks, I prefer theory backed with practical results in reality of remote detecting and not those backed by false videos and scam claims as by Mineoro & Co..
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Banned

Default *****************

By the vibrations on this thread I can clearly see that you must be a very lonely person ***.
You’re invention of “the searcher” clearly states that ********************************

Last edited by Qiaozhi; 05-31-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Removed personal insults in both the title and the text.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Banned

Default This might open your mind Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post
On most dowsing forums, if you try to discuss dowsing from a scientific perspective, nobody there wants to hear about it. Got ideomotor response?

--Dave J.
Divination (from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god",
A secondary gold deposit I found was difficult to mine as the gold had eroded into the stream a long time ago and had been covered by around 10 meters of thick clay. The problem I faced was a modern detector will only penetrate 50cm max so although there were huge nuggets (football size 200 oz.) underneath me although finding them at 10 meters would be extremely difficult task. The nuggets are worth chasing 200oz@$1500/oz = $300,000each. Being trained in electronics we mainly deal in mass electron flow (current) with random spurts of electrons (static) being avoided because it can damage circuits. So I was basically trained in what’s known as Newtonian Philosophy after Sir Isaac Newton. Being trained in this way I always saw divining as a load of crap and placed it with witchcraft. But I was always on the lookout for an idea to find those deep nuggets still lying in the now underground stream. It’s wasn’t until years later that I dropped into a mates place to find him and another mate with beer in hand trying to find a spot for a water bore. I laughed at first so they said give it a go. I picked up the two L rods took two steps and they crossed over. I yelled out hey there’s something here, they said yeh your on the telephone (copper wire) line. I said this would be good if you could go for gold and my mate said you can just hold gold. So I had found a deep seeking detection system that finds not only water but also metals.
Now I think it’s always best to try and understand something to look back in history. The earliest evidence that I’ve seen of divining is actually here in WA in the form of 30,000 year old rock art known as the Bradshaw paintings.
These paintings are in the Kimberley’s and this was probably sketched to teach the next generation skills in finding water for survival. It also shows how to find the depth. Interesting too there’s another painting in this series of how they used to find people in the bush using divining.
Ok so people have known how to do this to search for water for a long time. Pending on your religion you may or may not believe in evolution but the basic idea is that humans evolved from the sea which isn’t really that important just keep it in mind.
As early as the 7th Century BC, the ancient Greeks were aware that amber, when rubbed vigorously, could attract dust and cloth from a distance. Today, we say that such objects are “charged”. For example, a plastic ruler when rubbed has the ability to pick up tiny pieces of paper. Electrostatics is the study of stationary charge.
Sorry but this gets a bit religious for a while.
Divining and the bible -
Now we’ll go forward to say the times of Jesus BC-AD and the Christian calendar. It’s well said that Jesus was a divine person. But what do they mean? Well he was a diviner and taught divining. Here’s luke5 1-11 modern version
One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret,[a] the people were crowding around him and listening to the word of God. 2 He saw at the water’s edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets. 3 He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.
4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
5 Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
6 When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. 7 So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.
8 When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” 9 For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, 10 and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners.
Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.” 11 So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.
Ok so he taught something, what’s missing is how or what he taught. Basically it’s a fish detection method where you cut the tail of a fish and by holding the tail by the extreme ends and pointing the backbone towards the water you can divine schools of fish.
So why is this bit of such important info not included? Jump forward in time to say 1200-1300AD with priests, churches and monetary systems. Around this time religious scholars and other religious fruitcakes had a huge expansion of writing and (printing). For years religious scholars had to write copies of books to duplicate them. Around this time the invention of the screw press used to make olive oil was converted to a printing press.
These new copies of books were at the forefront of technology and the churches wanted them at all costs to mass produce the word of God and also make a lot of money. Did you know that the Bible is the most printed book in the world? To make the printing job easier the old bible was tested against the then known scientific knowledge (electricity had no explanation) so the scholars, who thought that they were greater messiahs than Jesus edited out the teachings from the word of god. Without a viable explanation of how divining worked, divining stood no chance, and was edited from the bible. The thought that you could RUB two materials together to create electricity became RUBBISH and thrown away. It made the printing job easier too (less pages same price). Although divining still worked it became known as the work of the DEVIL. It wasn’t until around 1600AD that theories of electricity were announced but by that stage the bible had been simplified for mass press production and divining had faded away.
A biblical example is in Acts 16:16: “One day as we were going down to the place of prayer, we met a demon-possessed slave girl. She was a fortune-teller who earned a lot of money for her masters.” You will notice that this girl was demon possessed. She was practicing a form of divination, similar to dowsing

In medieval times when a new town was to be built often a person with majick like powers would be called in to find a source of water for the town, known as a Sorcerer and finding water by using a forked branch from a hazel tree is called witching for water.
Unfortunately there was so much money to be made selling and printing bibles that for anyone found witching the punishment was hanging and/or burning.

Divination was considered a pagan practice in the early Christian church. Later the church would pass canon laws forbidding the practice of divination. In 692 the Quinisext Council, also known as the Council in Trullo in the Eastern Orthodox Church, passed canons to eliminate pagan and divination practices.Acts 16:16[6] Soothsaying and forms of divination were widespread through the Middle Ages. In the constitution of 1572 and public regulations of 1661 of Kur-Saxony, capital punishment was used on those predicting the future.[7] Laws forbidding divination practice continue to this day.[8]
Rub + bish = rubbish
1. Refuse; garbage.
2. Worthless material.
3. Foolish discourse; nonsense.

This is why most online references state that divining is caused by the ideomotor effect. They are modern Christian data bases and will go no further.

Ok what causes it?
In physics - there’s basically three forces that hold matter together strong medium and week.
Strong forces - hold atoms together
medium forces - holds molecules together
week forces - just cruise around causing a bit of attraction here and there but don’t last long (like static)
Now if you try and divine a stream with L rods you will find that as you approach the stream the wires will come together slowly and can easily be pulled apart which points towards a week force.
Causes of static electricity
Normally, materials are made of atoms and molecules that are electrically neutral, having an equal number of positive charges (protons in the nucleus) and negative charges (electrons in "shells" surrounding the nucleus). The phenomenon of static electricity requires a separation of positive and negative charges. When two materials are in contact, electrons may move from one material to the other, which leaves an excess of positive charge on one material, and an equal negative charge on the other. When the materials are separated they retain this charge imbalance.
Contact-induced charge separation
Triboelectric effect
Electrons can be exchanged between materials on contact; materials with weakly bound electrons tend to lose them, while materials with sparsely filled outer shells tend to gain them. This is known as the triboelectric effect and results in one material becoming positively charged and the other negatively charged. The polarity and strength of the charge on a material once they are separated depends on their relative positions in the triboelectric series. The triboelectric effect is the main cause of static electricity as observed in everyday life, and in common high-school science demonstrations involving rubbing different materials together (e.g., fur against an acrylic rod). Contact-induced charge separation causes your hair to stand up and causes "static cling" (for example, a balloon rubbed against the hair becomes negatively charged; when near a wall, the charged balloon is attracted to positively charged particles in the wall, and can "cling" to it, appearing to be suspended against gravity).
CHARGE
Experiments by William Gilbert (1544-1603), Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) and others suggested the following rules regarding charge:
• There are only two kinds of charge – called positive and negative. These were originally called vitreous and resinous respectively, because of the materials which produced each type of charge.
• Like charges repel.
• Unlike charges attract.

Body capacitance is a biological property of the human body that makes it a good capacitor and able to store charge. Every person has a characteristic called capacitance. Capacitance is an electronics term that has units of measure called farads. Capacitors are electronic components that store electrical energy. A human body typically has 22 pico-farads of capacitance. A result of this capacitance is often felt in the winter months via static discharges that occur when walking across a carpet and touching a metallic object. Walking across a carpet generates energy that is stored in the body’s capacitance. This energy is discharged when touching another object at a different voltage potential.[1]
A capacitive touch sensor is basically a sensing device that measures capacitance in its environment. This principle allows touch switches and proximity detectors to interface with the human body the way they do. It is also why humans can build up static charge and get shocked when discharging too quickly. Because of body capacitance, people act as good antennas and some small televisions use people to increase reception. [2]
The Human Body Model for capacitance, as defined by the Electrostatic Discharge Association (ESDA) is a 100pF capacitor in series with a 1.5kΩ resistor[2]

Week forces are caused by beta particles (single electrons) cruising around and is a touch different to electron current in say a power cord. Materials have a certain ability or inability to take in these electrons or not take them in. Hair standing up is a good example - produced when two materials are rubbed together and drop or take in electrons.
Have you ever had the feeling of suddenly thinking of someone you haven’t heard of for ages then next minute or day the phone rings and it’s that person?
Here’s an interesting thing I read in my research American Indians when hunting Buffalo would be away from their main camp for days at great distances. If a tribal member wanted to communicate to the hunters they would go to a specially prepared bark hut and meditate to release a signal to the hunter. The hunter could then in turn pick up the signal and return to camp.
No doubt you’ve heard of soul mates but did you know that when two people sleep together each emits radiation and in turn each receives a dose of radiation. The thought patterns during sleep stimulate the radiation pattern so an explanation for soul mates having an uncanny sense of knowing what the other is thinking may not be uncanny at all, as they may have communicated during their sleep.
Humans naturally emit radiation through our skin and naturally pick up signals through our skin and hair. If you look at the hair on your body each one is like a miniature television station transmission and receiving tower.
This all gets hooked up into a really cool part of the brain called the hypothalamus which is where our conciseness starts, also psy has a lot to do with this part of the brain, this is why people who are considered psychic can see things others can’t, as they block out the other senses and switch on their hair and skin through their hypothalamus to their brain and can sense things at huge distances via the static signals touching their bodies.
If you look at a gypsies trying to look into a crystal ball, Ha, I have to laugh at all the people who have bought crystal balls and not got the other half (A SILK SHEET) When someone tries to look into a crystal ball their basically using their hands to pick up the static signals. But you have to charge up the crystal ball first before use, with a silk cloth. Like when you rub say your foot along the carpet and then touch someone to give them a static zap. The crystal ball will if charged the correct way drags in static signals thereby amplifying them just like an antenna does for tv.
You’ll also notice that the hands aren’t touching because that would discharge the ball.
A similar thing is when people place their hands together to pray and the hypothalamus is put to use.
The phenomena is known as E.S.P Extra Sensory Perception but there’s nothing extra about it everyone has it It’s just some/most people have been trained that it’s “rub”bish and the work of the devil or if they are praying to God then it’s ok and they are sweet little angles.
So Ouija boards? Used to contact the…whatever? In simple terms, I believe use the static of your body capacitance to move the piece around the board.

1. We are taught that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line; but in the case of electric fields, the lines of force may not follow the shortest distance, as the shortest distance does not always represent the path of least resistance.

Lightning is a pure example of this phenomena
Old 05-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Dedevil - I have just gone back through your posts in this thread and edited 3 separate instances where you personally insulted another member.

Please remember that there is a 3-strike rule operating in the LRL forums. In other words, 3 strikes and you're out. Since I only noticed these insults today I'm giving you one more chance.

Not many months ago you were very close to taking a long sabbatical from these forums, but you managed to see the error of your ways and chilled out for a while. Do not take any general comments made by other members as a personal attack. I have also read all the other posts, and none seem to directly targeted at yourself.

Please take this as your last warning.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Guru

Quote:
Thanks, I prefer theory backed with practical results in reality of remote detecting and not those backed by false videos and scam claims as by Mineoro & Co..
Hi WM6,
Here is a video which shows the theory and the practical results of the dowsing theory.
We don't need to rely on any school-learned ideas.
We can watch to see how dowsing works when it is done by the best dowsers in the entire country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqoYrSd94kA

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
Divination (from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god",

...........etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah (anyone interested can read the whole thing a couple posts up) .......

Lightning is a pure example of this phenomena
DeDevil, if that's whut ya brung to the "science" table ...... it's the same old pseudoscience malarkey, you proved my point! Your apparent assumption that anyone who knows anything of science or religion or history has left the forum and therefore the same old malarkey will finally fly this time, is quite mistaken.

While we're at it, remember the principle "read the advertisement"? Your lengthy post began with a great advertisement! A superb example of the genre. Can you read what you told everyone?

--Dave J.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Guru

DeDevil......... lemmee get this straight....... although there is no ancient record of such, Jesus dowsed with half a dead fish and that's what made him "divine". This proves the DeDevil electrostatic theory of dowsing. And that's dowsing science according to DeDevil.

Dell, I think we can both get a good laugh out of that one!

--Dave J.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Banned

Default ????????

Quote:
DeDevil, if that's whut ya brung to the "science" table ...... it's the same old pseudoscience malarkey, you proved my point! Your apparent assumption that anyone who knows anything of science or religion or history has left the forum and therefore the same old malarkey will finally fly this time, is quite mistaken.

While we're at it, remember the principle "read the advertisement"? Your lengthy post began with a great advertisement! A superb example of the genre. Can you read what as you told everyone?

--Dave J.
Hello Dave
Im not quite sure what your point is? As you haven't stated it. So how can i prove it?
What great advert are you refering to? By the way, as i understand it "science" is the systematic approach to studying and understanding the world and universe around us.
So how does what i wrote now fall into your pseudoscience catagory?
rgds
Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Banned

Default Hammers and nails

Quote:
DeDevil......... lemmee get this straight....... although there is no ancient record of such, Jesus dowsed with half a dead fish and that's what made him "divine". This proves the DeDevil electrostatic theory of dowsing. And that's dowsing science according to DeDevil.

Dell, I think we can both get a good laugh out of that one!

--Dave J.
Ok would you agree that people were able to use hammers and nails back then? Would there be a dedicated scripture on how to hammer a nail? Of course not.The person would just be known as a carpenter. As i have stated, science is observing nature, and i have tried this with good results. The question i put forward to the forum is what is going on within the static discharge through the fishes tail that makes it discriminate other signals. I believe by finding the answer to this question, then we would be well on the way to a long range locator with discrimination capabilities.
rgds