LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 07-31-2010, 06:07 AM
Guru

Default Alonso PD modification

Hi.
I attach 2 photos of the modifications that i made to the PD of Alonso.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Guru

Default lrl

it is working?
Old 07-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Guru

Thumbs up

This is absolutly cool, Geo, because you are really working with this interresting device - in both directions!

What's the adventage of your new mod?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder View Post
This is absolutly cool, Geo, because you are really working with this interresting device - in both directions!

What's the adventage of your new mod?
It is very calm!!!
It do not need to adjust it at the critical point
Old 08-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by takhslambos View Post
it is working?
For the time, only with aluminium objects.
I changed the frequencies but i have not time to check it. Maybe at September when i will go for treasure hunting to check it.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Guru

Default PD modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
For the time, only with aluminium objects.
I changed the frequencies but i have not time to check it. Maybe at September when i will go for treasure hunting to check it.

Hello Geo

What is the distance this new PD detect buried aluminium foil or object ?
Tell about your experiences.

Regards
Old 08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Guru

guys aluminum is an problem for everyvary detector, cigarrete paper, or aluminum bottle caps
aluminum trap waves how tv anten
Old 08-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Hello Geo

What is the distance this new PD detect buried aluminium foil or object ?
Tell about your experiences.

Regards

Hi Morgan.
It is about 30% more sensitive from the Alonso's PD. The advantage is that it is not so critical at the adjustment. I took signals from small aluminium metals from 4m very easy. Aluminium was from a old barn (about 40 years old).
Disadvantage is that i went with it at an old village uninhabited for 80 years and i did not took signals in opposite with the TDI and Sovereign that found some silver and copper objects.
So i changed the frequency and now i wait for the time to go for test.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Guru

Question

@ everyone who really knows this!!!:

Why do you think aluminium has a certain "frequency" for detection and how can you prove this / explain this understandable for everyone?!

I guess the alu-issue has something to do with this:

http://sound.westhost.com/xfmr.htm
Quote:
The permeability of transformer cores varies widely, depending on the material and any treatment that may be used. The permeability of air is 1, and most traditional cores have a much higher (i.e. > 1) permeability. A couple of notable exceptions are aluminium and brass, which are sometimes used to reduce the inductance of air cored coils in radio frequency (RF) work. This is much less common than a ferrite "slug" core, which increases the inductance and is used to tune some RF transformers.

But I have a second important question:

detectoman wrote here:
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=14

Quote:
principes of pd, these is hibrid, two in one, ok you then take an look to may last project named the extrange stuff of extremely poor detectoman, this too hibrid, bfo & ionic
So before I start through with my project I wanna know what kind of "passive" stuff is received or not!

With "ionic" only electrostatic can be meant because this receiver has no "ion-trap"-can but what is the passive part?

Does it receives "passive" 60kHz or something and if there is a metal object somewhere the directional antenna receives the change of induction-impedance so the 60kHz shifts to 60.200 and the difference is audible like with a bfo?

btw. what has the BFO part to do with this if it's passive?

Usually a BFO transmits at certain frequency or picks up those already somewhere created signal.

Perhaps the PD is not passive at all, but uses the BFO-radiation???
Old 08-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Guru

Default Aluminium

Quote:
Hi Morgan.
It is about 30% more sensitive from the Alonso's PD. The advantage is that it is not so critical at the adjustment. I took signals from small aluminium metals from 4m very easy. Aluminium was from a old barn (about 40 years old).
Disadvantage is that i went with it at an old village uninhabited for 80 years and i did not took signals in opposite with the TDI and Sovereign that found some silver and copper objects.

Hi Geo

This is very strange. With PD i always catch the gold and silver the same as the aluminium.
I can see the Alonso PD is something very problematic for clonage and to make balance for correct detection of precious metals,to many secrets...

Regards
Old 08-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Guru

Default Geo new PD

Quote:
Hi Morgan.

Anyway 4 meters distance small fragments of metal,my congratulation ,you give one big step on this PD project,something that others EE not get yet
Old 07-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Guru

Default PD

Quote:
Hi.

I can see 3 modifications :

1- Coil instead of ferrite

2- Two potentiometers (Tune,and fine tune) for better adjust in the limit.

3- Square TX coil ??? Not the Omega...
Old 08-01-2010, 04:30 AM

There is a normal video of this product? Coin in the ground can be found? Where to see the scheme, and a list of components, PCB?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smity View Post
There is a normal video of this product? Coin in the ground can be found? Where to see the scheme, and a list of components, PCB?
Sorry, no video for the time!!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Guru

Quote:
I can see 3 modifications :

1- Coil instead of ferrite

2- Two potentiometers (Tune,and fine tune) for better adjust in the limit.

3- Square TX coil ??? Not the Omega...
Square coil is in the place of the ferrite!!!!
There is another coil at the rear place of the box (you can see it).
Potentiometers are ... one for sensitivity and the other to control the min signal that needing the beep generator to go On (about the same with trs_hold.

Regards
Old 08-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Guru

Default New PD

Quote:
Square coil is in the place of the ferrite!!!!
There is another coil at the rear place of the box (you can see it).
Potentiometers are ... one for sensitivity and the other to control the min signal that needing the beep generator to go On (about the same with trs_hold.

Regards

I supose you use square coil instead of RX ferrite and a small round coil behind as oscillator,like stimulator in the DCH 85 MINEORO...

Maybe
Old 08-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
I supose you use square coil instead of RX ferrite and a small round coil behind as oscillator,like stimulator in the DCH 85 MINEORO...

Maybe

Hi
Yes.... about.
Also i combinate the two signals

Regards
Old 08-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Guru

Question

Geo, this sounds very intererresting.

So if now alu only gets detected does it use the same kind of metal-discrimination like conventional MDs?

The disc range usually is:
mineral -> little, old rusty iron -> noble iron -> iron balls -> cheap & small alu foil -> gold -> gold alloys -> copper -> silver -> aluminium

Or is there really some "resonant-frequency" for special metals?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Guru

Hi Geo.
I m trying to find this circuit of Alonso PD, but there is a lot of informatión here in the forum. So can you or anyone tell me where to look for any geotech link to find the circuit and pcb.
I know the circuit was publish here and also pcb´s, that previusly i saved to my old hard disk that is broken now.
In advance many thanks
Regards
Nelson
email: ce3llp@mi.cl

Quote:
Hi.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Guru

Thumbs up

@ nelson
It wasn't published on this forum but here (btw. WM6 is an Admin there):
http://hobidetektori.own0.com/lrl-f6/pd-pistol-t637.htm
(see also Remote Sensing -> "artemis"): http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...t=16692&page=2 )

@ Geo
So if it works with 150kHz a modified Long Wave Receiver should work! This IS very good news, thx Geo!

btw. now with this new info I'm shure it's the BFO metal-distinction and not some resonant-frequency.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Guru

Hi Funfinder and thanks for your reply to my dubs.
I will look forward to see if i can get any help about schematics and extra information to build and test Alonso PD unit.
Unfortunaly it seems that this is reserved for some people, not the one like me, that we don´t have to much electronic knolegments, just the entisust of making detectors and test them.
I had send a few private massages to some people from the forum, but unfortunaly it seems that are no interested on sharing information about Alonso PD
By the way how is your last test about electrostatic detector?
Take care and have a nice day
Regards
Nelson

Quote:
@ nelson
It wasn't published on this forum but here (btw. WM6 is an Admin there):
http://hobidetektori.own0.com/lrl-f6/pd-pistol-t637.htm
(see also Remote Sensing -> "artemis"): http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...t=16692&page=2 )

@ Geo
So if it works with 150kHz a modified Long Wave Receiver should work! This IS very good news, thx Geo!

btw. now with this new info I'm shure it's the BFO metal-distinction and not some resonant-frequency.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Guru

Lightbulb

Hi nelson!

On the yug. forum there is the schematic and at page two also a picture how to arrange the coils.
This is not so complicated as it looks if you like to rebuild it exactly from the "plans".

btw. I think the Alonso PD could be a very great oportunity and possibility saving the credibility of that whole LRL-stuff!

Because we know from Morgan, Geo and some other that "for shure!" it works!

This together with an exact explanation WHY it works helps to recover the "reputation" of the whole LRL-stuff and really has to motivate MD-electronic-engineers to research, improve and build such kind of "longer distance hand held MDs"!

Nelson - my new electrostatic detector tests have shown that i absolutly need a wooden box housing and special (directional) antenna locations / layouts for gettin the best results.

The final version will be a 2 or even 3in1 detector - electrostatic with passive receiver (plus transmitter) - perhaps I'll try an astable multivibrator circuit or some very loud sound generator like car alarm units using it for the coil-input!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Guru

Hi Funfinder and thanks for your reply.
Ok, i will look for yung forum and comments to see what is showing there.
About your experiments i congratulate you, cause you are showing a very persistence work that for shure will have your reward.
When i get the circuit i will began to construct it and then i will have the oportunity to play and experiment with it.
I m also following your comments about your experiments and after i get the componets i will str for shure to try your device.

Best regards

Nelson

Quote:
Hi nelson!

On the yug. forum there is the schematic and at page two also a picture how to arrange the coils.
This is not so complicated as it looks if you like to rebuild it exactly from the "plans".

btw. I think the Alonso PD could be a very great oportunity and possibility saving the credibility of that whole LRL-stuff!

This together with an exact explanation WHY it works helps to recover the "reputation" of the whole LRL-stuff and really has to motivate MD-electronic-engineers to research, improve and build such kind of "longer distance hand held MDs"!

Nelson - my new electrostatic detector tests have shown that i absolutly need a wooden box housing and special (directional) antenna locations / layouts for gettin the best results.

The final version will be a 2 or even 3in1 detector - electrostatic with passive receiver (plus transmitter) - perhaps I'll try an astable multivibrator circuit or some very loud sound generator like car alarm units using it for the coil-input!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Guru

Hi Funfinder again.
I was searching for yug forum, but i really can´t find it, so can you tell me were to look for?
Regards
Nelson

Quote:
Hi nelson!

Old 09-14-2019, 09:13 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi.
Hi Mr Geo , can u share us your stimulateur circuit ????