LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 10-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Default Build me a “Super Pistol LRL”

Hi To You All,

I have been looking in at this Remote Sensing section of the forum since 2005; I have now joined the forum.

I think it’s great to see how well all you guys get on “Well most of the time HA HA” helping each other out with electronic parts making your own components, inventing and constructing you LRL`s.

Testing them and making adjustments to find the best results.

I have been into metal detecting since 1972, and must confess to purchasing a Range tell Examiner in 2006, although at first I believed that it was a brilliant unit in tests in my own garden, it soon became apparent testing out on farmland in the country near my home that it could not cope with all the EMF signals there.

I must tell you though I did manage to find two targets one was just in front of me about 2 meters out just after tuning the unit, to “EXP for round target” it was a medieval Jetton 14th Cent, the other find was a 2nd Cent Roman bronze coin this was on a different day.

Maybe these two finds where a “fluke” as I carried out many tests on several outings with miserable results, I place out 8 marking canes for each detected target, then use my detector to pinpoint each one usually nothing!

Sorry to go on so long but would one of you clever lads be prepared to build me a “Super Pistol LRL” with all the best features possible, It would need to reject iron and also pick up on small coin and ring sized targets?

If so how much would you require building this unit?

I only want one to use for myself but I’m a carpenter not an electronics engineer, although I did build a second RT unit to experiment with “still no good though”
Old 10-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJ View Post
Hi To You All,

I have been looking in at this Remote Sensing section of the forum since 2005; I have now joined the forum.

I think it’s great to see how well all you guys get on “Well most of the time HA HA” helping each other out with electronic parts making your own components, inventing and constructing you LRL`s.

I have been into metal detecting since 1972, and must confess to purchasing a Range tell Examiner in 2006, although at first I believed that it was a brilliant unit in tests in my own garden, it soon became apparent testing out on farmland in the country near my home that it could not cope with all the EMF signals there.

I must tell you though I did manage to find two targets one was just in front of me about 2 meters out just after tuning the unit, to “EXP for round target” it was a medieval Jetton 14th Cent, the other find was a 2nd Cent Roman bronze coin this was on a different day.

Maybe these two finds where a “fluke” as I carried out many tests on several outings with miserable results, I place out 8 marking canes for each detected target, then use my detector to pinpoint each one usually nothing!

Sorry to go on so long but would one of you clever lads be prepared to build me a “Super Pistol LRL” with all the best features possible, It would need to reject iron and also pick up on small coin and ring sized targets?

I only want one to use for myself but I’m a carpenter not an electronics engineer, although I did build a second RT unit to experiment with “still no good though”
only silver and gold

when i return to UK i will show you one good LRL,and you take me to some interesting treasure places,where exist the chance to find something valuable.

regards
Old 10-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi To You All,

the unplouged fields are the best to work with LRL´s,other fields where the tractor remove the soil,is to forget,all the energy fields gone and LRL cant find targets,unless the object is very deep.

Name:  hfhf 005.jpg
Views: 7019
Size:  605.3 KB
Old 10-20-2011, 12:10 PM

Hi Morgan,

Your LRL detector looks to be a good clean and tidy unit is there only the one tuning knob? Are there any other controls that need to be set?

What is the range of detection, and maximum depth?

You mention about interesting areas to search here in the UK when you visit next.

There are two places that we have found Roman coin hoards and it is tradition here that if you find a hoard of bronze coins then there is a good possibility that silver or gold could be present in the area?

We also know of another hoard of Roman coins and a dagger found nearby.

Also found a fair amount of Saxon and Celtic Brooches and coins in the areas we search, these are all good areas to search.

I look forward to taking you to some good areas to search.

Regards
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Morgan,

Your LRL detector in your video is different from the one above?

Regards
Old 10-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Guru

Quote:
Morgan,

Regards
Well,i already spend many years building this LRL´s...
This PDK-2 model is only one knob,very easy to use.
According the field test results,one silver or gold coin can be detected from 2m to 10 m,depends on age and ground conditions. If we are looking for treasure hoard,20m to 80m.

Ok,i keep your Email,and when have time,i visit you. I have a few friends in UK,and i like so much to search there ;-)

regards
Old 10-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Guru

Quote:
Morgan,

Regards

This one above is the standard PDK-2,i have another one,the PDK-3,is very good for little coins and objects.

Name:  DCH-Prototipe.JPG
Views: 6681
Size:  61.4 KB
Old 10-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Guru

Angry Portuguese MD law

Quote:
Hi Morgan,

Your LRL detector looks to be a good clean and tidy unit is there only the one tuning knob? Are there any other controls that need to be set?

What is the range of detection, and maximum depth?

You mention about interesting areas to search here in the UK when you visit next.

There are two places that we have found Roman coin hoards and it is tradition here that if you find a hoard of bronze coins then there is a good possibility that silver or gold could be present in the area?

We also know of another hoard of Roman coins and a dagger found nearby.

Also found a fair amount of Saxon and Celtic Brooches and coins in the areas we search, these are all good areas to search.

I look forward to taking you to some good areas to search.

Regards
Maybe you wondering,why i´m not very rich yet with so good devices? Its becouse in my country we dont have big treasures like in UK or Germany,and the law for metal detecting here is ridiculous.Even in the beach is forbiden to search !!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Well,i already spend many years building this LRL´s...
This PDK-2 model is only one knob,very easy to use.
According the field test results,one silver or gold coin can be detected from 2m to 10 m,depends on age and ground conditions. If we are looking for treasure hoard,20m to 80m.

Ok,i keep your Email,and when have time,i visit you. I have a few friends in UK,and i like so much to search there ;-)

regards
This machine can locate from a distance 1000 gold coins in a metal box?buried before 70 years?1 metre deep inside the ground?if yes I like to buy it.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Guru

Quote:
Maybe you wondering,why i´m not very rich yet with so good devices? Its becouse in my country we dont have big treasures like in UK or Germany,and the law for metal detecting here is ridiculous.Even in the beach is forbiden to search !!!
What?

If Portuguese police see you find 1 euro in the sand, then you must hide it or they take you to prison?

Not good.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-22-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
This one above is the standard PDK-2,i have another one,the PDK-3,is very good for little coins and objects.

Attachment 17140
I really like your PDK -2 and PDK-3 is the one in your video PDK-4?

Also can we see PDK - 1

I noticed that I haven’t exactly had a flood of offers from you technical guys to build me a “SuperPistol LRL” yet but I’m still waiting patiently.

I can build the case for it I just need a clever person to build the electronic circuit “I’m happy to pay”

Your thoughts would be appreciated?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
What?

If Portuguese police see you find 1 euro in the sand, then you must hide it or they take you to prison?

Not good.

Best wishes,
J_P
Portugal is a CRAP of country,i feel sad to born here...

If you go to the beach with metal locator,pay 2500EURO to police and lose the metal locator.

I love USA ,UK and AUSTRALIA,very good law for MD hobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by takhslambos View Post
This machine can locate from a distance 1000 gold coins in a metal box?buried before 70 years?1 metre deep inside the ground?if yes I like to buy it.
ok,i will sell to you...
Old 10-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Guru

Quote:
I really like your PDK -2 and PDK-3 is the one in your video PDK-4?

Also can we see PDK - 1

I noticed that I haven’t exactly had a flood of offers from you technical guys to build me a “SuperPistol LRL” yet but I’m still waiting patiently.

I can build the case for it I just need a clever person to build the electronic circuit “I’m happy to pay”

Your thoughts would be appreciated?
Hi MIJ

The problem is i dont want to sell any PDK without SEALED the eletronics and coils.
The PDK device stay UNSTABLE when sealed. You know,i dont want OTHERS COPY MY PDK !!! it needs everything sealed impossible to CLONE.

When solved this little problem,i can sell a few for the friends.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Guru

Quote:
Portugal is a CRAP of country,i feel sad to born here...

If you go to the beach with metal locator,pay 2500EURO to police and lose the metal locator.

I love USA ,UK and AUSTRALIA,very good law for MD hobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's not the only country in the EU with stupid laws about this subject, I always thought UK has the best regulation on that matter, in some countries like US of Australia one can go around with MD (apart few exception e.g. military or natural reserve soil and the like) and recover what he found and bring it home with no exception or boring or breaking laws...

generally speaking in continental europe I think good places for MD hobby are just France , Germany, the Netherlands and very few others that's about strange and somehow ridiculous to me, I mean if we are 27 countries we must share a common politics also on that matters

instead you see stupid laws like in Portugal or Italy or Greece where you can't do any serious ancient stuff recovery with MD without risk that police bring you to some jail or pay some thousands euros fine and lose your MD too...

instead in countries like Germany where people go for MD hunting and found stuff without much troubles or UK where people sometimes found real treasures (e.g. vikings gold treasures) that museums there buy at fair prices...

that's real EU idiocy and non sense to me

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 10-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Hi MIJ

The problem is i dont want to sell any PDK without SEALED the eletronics and coils.
The PDK device stay UNSTABLE when sealed. You know,i dont want OTHERS COPY MY PDK !!! it needs everything sealed impossible to CLONE.

You could always use a microcontroller to hide some of the inner workings, and pot the analog electronics in epoxy. You might even be able to pot the ferrite windings, but then you could not make any adjustments.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi MIJ

Hi Morgan,

I remember reading in the coil section that it is important to watch the materials that you seal your coils in. Different epoxies and urethanes have different capacitance dielectric values as well as different insulating values. This means the material which you pot your circuit with can cause small electronic leakage and add capacitance that you will not find when the parts are in the air. I would suspect this effect is more important in the small signal/high gain conductors where a tiny amount of current leakage or a tiny change in the capacitance can cause unstable circuit operation. Other parts such as beeper amplifiers will probably not be degraded by covering them with epoxy.

You can check with potting compound manufacturers to see if you can find a compound which has published specifications that show very high dielectric value and very high resistivity so they will not leak current or change the capacitance in critical circuit parts.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Hi MIJ

Morgan,

Please add me to your list to buy the PDK-2 model or other model.

Talking of gold I thought you all would like to see this 15th Century Brooch found by my brothering law David about 4 weeks ago at a rally we went to hear in Sussex.

The picture was taken just after recovery and it had not been cleaned.

It has gone to treasure trove inquest to the British Museum for valuation.

A beautiful little brooch I think.

Attached Images

Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
WELL?CAN THE PDK LOCATE MY TREASURE?
Old 10-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Guru

Quote:
Yes
Old 10-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Guru

Quote:
yes,if it still there...
Old 10-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Morgan,

I remember reading in the coil section that it is important to watch the materials that you seal your coils in. Different epoxies and urethanes have different capacitance dielectric values as well as different insulating values. This means the material which you pot your circuit with can cause small electronic leakage and add capacitance that you will not find when the parts are in the air. I would suspect this effect is more important in the small signal/high gain conductors where a tiny amount of current leakage or a tiny change in the capacitance can cause unstable circuit operation. Other parts such as beeper amplifiers will probably not be degraded by covering them with epoxy.

You can check with potting compound manufacturers to see if you can find a compound which has published specifications that show very high dielectric value and very high resistivity so they will not leak current or change the capacitance in critical circuit parts.

Best wishes,
J_P
material used was the puliuretan epoxy ,i´m not satisfy with the results.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Guru

Quote:
Morgan,

Please add me to your list to buy the PDK-2 model or other model.

Talking of gold I thought you all would like to see this 15th Century Brooch found by my brothering law David about 4 weeks ago at a rally we went to hear in Sussex.

The picture was taken just after recovery and it had not been cleaned.

It has gone to treasure trove inquest to the British Museum for valuation.

A beautiful little brooch I think.

Very nice object and is good that goes for valuation,if museum not interested to buy,you can keep ;-)

Objects like this brooch(loop shape) create the best eletromagnetic field,the PHENOMENON,very easy located by PD or PDK.
or the CRYPTON??? maybe...
Old 10-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Guru

Quote:
material used was the puliuretan epoxy ,i´m not satisfy with the results.
puliuretan epoxy is known to be not the best material for dielectric and leakage of small currents. You are correct. There are better materials to use.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Guru

Quote:
puliuretan epoxy is known to be not the best material for dielectric and leakage of small currents. You are correct. There are better materials to use.

Best wishes,
J_P
You need to spray circuit with this

http://www.teslanol.com/deutsch/article/isolier.html

first, let it dry and then seal with epoxy.