LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
You can argue all you want. but the fact is there exists a large collection of long time buried metal items at that location. Thus, it is not true " Who has a test garden of >100 or >1000years old ? Who can build one with same conditions you say are needed ?
Answer is : NOBODY.", because this existing collection of buried metal can be used as a test garden, just as I said.

Nest wishes,
J_P
Hi,
you misunderstud me...

BTW... have you a test garden of >100 or >1000 years old ?

Yes use the battlefields... or whatever place with buried ancient metal... OK.

Also I've done that way... but they are not "test gardens" for me.

YOU HAVE TO USE AN MD AND TO RECOVER STUFF (SO DISTURBING SOIL CONDITIONS) TO PROVE THERE IS SOMETHING THAT SOUND ON MD AND NOT WITH LRL. YOU ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS STUFF, OR DEPTH, OR COMPOSITION ETC BEFORE DUG OBJECTS.

And these are test gardens for you ???

How can you repeat experiments if your target is different everytime ????
How you could compare results of e.g. different LRLs if your target is different everytime ????

Etc etc... not scientific approach for me.

For me is just a polemic argumentation... a test garden, is something you know where stuff is buried, at which depth and composition of the item too, where you can test detectors in a controlled, reliable, scientific way.

Kind regards,
Max
Old 09-11-2007, 12:52 PM

Hi Max, or you don't understand or you pretend all here are ignorant for to understand what I said. I speak about different alloys.

As you wrote about pure gold can't creates halo, I wrote that the gold is mixed by man along the history with other metals, and this associated metals with the gold can creates the halo. The rest is a false and malicious interpretation from your part.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
Hi Max, or you don't understand or you pretend all here are ignorant for to understand what I said. I speak about different alloys.

As you wrote about pure gold can't creates halo, I wrote that the gold is mixed by man along the history with other metals, and this associated metals with the gold can creates the halo. The rest is a false and malicious interpretation from your part.
Hi Nihil,
it's very clear to me, you wrote:

"
Impurities? Who told about impurities? Gold 12 (50% gold + 50% other metal), 14 (60-40), 16 (67-33), 18 (75-25), 20 (84-16), 22 (92%-8%) has "impurities" introduced by man and his called alloys. These "impurities" can be copper, silver or bronze. So, can creates halo. But isn't necessary the halo, since the conductivity in the soil is very different. Halo is not only regarding alloys or non-alloys, impurities or non-impurities. Also deppend of the mineralization and the pH of the soil."

I've never seen any gold item, ancient or modern, show any halo.

That's the problem.

If you talk about ancient gold that could have, and actually HAS impurities, we talk about small fraction something like 0.1% of the mass of objects... or the like... cause otherwise you talk about of ancient alloys of gold and other things (e.g. silver) that is a completely different story.

Does ancient gold (with small fraction of impurities) show halo ?

I've never found this... so for me it doesn't.

I'd like to know if anyone here, apart LRL-folks, found this true using just metal detectors... if so, we can talk about this...

otherwise why bugging me with alloys... it's clear that if your object is e.g. 50% gold and 50% silver it actually isn't made of GOLD, you cannot consider it as a gold item !

It's an alloy: electrum ---> an example of what I say is electrum coming from Lydian coinage , that's about 55% gold and 45% silver and traces of copper and other heavy metals.

But it's not gold. Any archeo-student could tell you that... and make big laughs if you call it gold.

Other alloys of ancient gold show greater part of gold even 85%, but the presence of other metals is always 10-15% not 0.1 ! Still not gold.

Gold is gold, impurities are impurities, alloys are alloys.

All the rest are BS.

If you want find gold but your LRL detects alloys of it 50/50... it actually doesn't find GOLD ! You cannot call it GOLD.

It detects the other metal or at least... you wanna us belive that.

Kind regards,
Max
Old 09-11-2007, 06:53 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

Jewellery. Because of the softness of pure (24k) gold, it is usually alloyed with base metals for use in jewellery, altering its hardness and ductility, melting point, color and other properties. Alloys with lower "k", typically 22k, 18k, 14k or 10k, contain higher percentages of copper, silver or other base metals in the alloy. Copper is the most commonly used base metal, yielding a redder metal.

If you want find gold but your LRL detects alloys of it 50/50... it actually doesn't find GOLD ! You cannot call it GOLD.

Max

No, the important is the presence of gold in the alloy since this point of view: When a LRL manufacturer claim that his product is capable to detect only gold, this means a jewell or object 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 karats, because the gold is in the metal.

I think this copper or silver mixed with the gold can creates the famous "halo". Or pure gold in presence of mineralized ferrous soil in combination with wet, pH, etc., maybe make the difference and can produces the "halo".

Regards

Nihil Roma Maius
Old 09-11-2007, 10:52 PM

Ehm...just checking something...
Good, i am back on track again!

Hung you disregarded my question? OK, no hard feeling!
Regards!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Guru

You can argue all you want. All the arguing in the world will not change the fact that we can test a LRL or metal detector near Williamsburg where the N-S hunt is conducted. Arguments of LRL style mean nothing. What means something is we have a very large test garden of long time buried metals more than 140 years old.

Test area will work good to see if LRL can work.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
You can argue all you want. All the arguing in the world will not change the fact that we can test a LRL or metal detector near Williamsburg where the N-S hunt is conducted. Arguments of LRL style mean nothing. What means something is we have a very large test garden of long time buried metals more than 140 years old.

Test area will work good to see if LRL can work.

Best wishes,
J_P
Hi,
I still think it's not a test garden...
yes, of course you can use for tests, but everytime your conditions change, your target change etc etc.

Not so reliable as a real "test garden"... anyway...

yes if an LRL works detecting ancient metals there it works also for me.

Questions about method:

But how do you pinpoint target ? Often pinpointing with pistols is not so reliable... so the LRL could sound for other reasons than a target and then you'll use MD and find e.g. a button with a metal detector thinking that the button was the cause of LRL-beeps !

Self-convincements due to bad test procedure. And if there are other targets not revealed by LRL ?... you walk over and away from them cause you don't know they are under your feet if don't use the MD there...

At the end this test couldn't prove anything if you don't scan ALL the area you test the LRL with a conventional MD (like I have done).

I've checked about 20x20meters small area that way, that already I know was good soil, first using the LRL having no sound at all, then using metal detector... finding few targets made of ancient metals, that also showed halo.

I was lucky cause I had no sound at all from zahori there... cause otherwise I've starting thinking there was some connection between ancient targets recovered and sound in zahori. There wasn't so I'm sure it doesn't work for detect metals.

But think at an "erratic untunable beep generator" used on a large battlefield: do you think is reliable testing that way ? Any beep will make you belive it detected a target... then you'll switch on MD and search ... an if you find something you could belive there is a relationship between the two facts.

I think happens very often e.g. when some guy report here that use LRL to find "hot zones", then switch on MD and start find/recover stuff...

that's so not cause LRL detects a "hot zone"... but cause many ancient places on this planet are so full of stuff that you have just to switch on your MD... start sweeping... and sooner or later you'll find something ancient there!

Best regards,
Max
Old 06-22-2010, 06:26 AM

Default HOLA, NECESITO EL ESQUEMA

HOLA, ESTEBAN VI TUS ESQUEMAS ELECTRONICOS DE DETECTOR DE METALES POR IONES TE PREGUNTO SOLO PUEDE CAPTAR ORO, OSEA DISCRIMINA DICHOS METALES , SE PODRIA O TIENES UN ESQUEMA DE UN DETECTOR DE ONDAS RESONANTES DE UN TESORO, SI LO TENES ME LO PASAS MAN GRACIAS ESPERO TUS RESPUESTAS
Old 08-03-2011, 11:57 AM

Default Halo Effect

maybe this link is good for study:
http://www.njminerals.org/metaldetec...aloeffect.html
Old 08-03-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1972 View Post
thank you batman, of course it is very good for study.