LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 01-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post

They found a way to arrange a large Neodymium-Iron-Boron rare earth magnet produce a 0.2 Tesla magnetic field that could detect NMR.
It is good they were able to produce a 0.2 Tesla field, or it wouldn't work, according to the researchers.

Do you think any of these articles show equipment that you think sakis1 connected to his PD using the metal locator circuit above?

Best wishes, J_P

Sakis1 can be use some method for NMR, or like this
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by humhum View Post
Sakis1 can be use some method for NMR, or like this
Hi humhum,
I am reading the book where your first image came from [E. Buxbaum,
Biophysical Chemistry of Proteins: An Introductionto Laboratory Methods,
DOI 10.1007/978-1-4419-7251-4 34,© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
].
On page 306, they say this works in superconducting magnetic fields.
"...nuclei with j ≠ 0 have a magnetic moment uN and can orient themselves parallel or antiparallel to an external mag-netic field (with a strength B0 of several Tesla), similar to a compass needle in themagnetic field of the earth. External magnetic fields are generated in superconduc-tive coils (Nb-alloys), cooled by liquid helium. The sample, however, is insulated from the cryogenic fluid and usually kept at room temperature...

... With the magnetic field strength cur-rently available (several Tesla), this LARMOR-frequency is in the order of several100MHz (500MHz at 12T is typical for current instruments)".

The magnet image they show is not a super conducting magnet coil that is used in the NMR spectroscopy.
They show this simple horseshoe magnet only to show which direction the magnetic field is pointing.
But the magnetic field they require has a strength of several Teslas or more.
They are talking about 9-12 Tesla fields that are created with superconducting magnets to produce 100-500MHz NMR frequencies.

To give you an idea,
The magnets that are used for holding papers the side of a refrigerator usually have about 0.05 Tesla field strength.
But 1 Tesla minimum field for NMR.
1 Tesla is 20 million times stronger than the earth's field, and it will cause all ferrous things near to become stuck to the magnet so you will have a very hard time to remove them.
But 1 Tesla magnetic field is not good for high resolution identification of samples. It is usually used for MRI imaging.
You need stronger magnetic fields which are carefully controlled for homogeneity to perform NMR spectroscopy.
This makes me think sakis1 did not use the equipment in this article, because I do not think sakis1 has a magnetic field anywhere near even 1 Tesla on his locator.

Your second image shows a bar magnet and some coils and a sample.
Is this sample the treasure that sakis1 recovered?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Hi humhum,
I am reading the book where your first image came from [E. Buxbaum,
Biophysical Chemistry of Proteins: An Introductionto Laboratory Methods,
DOI 10.1007/978-1-4419-7251-4 34,© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011].
On page 306, they say this works in superconducting magnetic fields.
"...nuclei with j ≠ 0 have a magnetic moment uN and can orient themselves parallel or antiparallel to an external mag-netic field (with a strength B0 of several Tesla), similar to a compass needle in themagnetic field of the earth. External magnetic fields are generated in superconduc-tive coils (Nb-alloys), cooled by liquid helium. The sample, however, is insulated from the cryogenic fluid and usually kept at room temperature...

... With the magnetic field strength cur-rently available (several Tesla), this LARMOR-frequency is in the order of several100MHz (500MHz at 12T is typical for current instruments)".

The magnet image they show is not a super conducting magnet coil that is used in the NMR spectroscopy.
They show this simple horseshoe magnet only to show which direction the magnetic field is pointing.
But the magnetic field they require has a strength of several Teslas or more.
They are talking about 9-12 Tesla fields that are created with superconducting magnets to produce 100-500MHz NMR frequencies.

To give you an idea,
The magnets that are used for holding papers the side of a refrigerator usually have about 0.05 Tesla field strength.
But 1 Tesla minimum field for NMR.
1 Tesla is 20 million times stronger than the earth's field, and it will cause all ferrous things near to become stuck to the magnet so you will have a very hard time to remove them.
But 1 Tesla magnetic field is not good for high resolution identification of samples. It is usually used for MRI imaging.
You need stronger magnetic fields which are carefully controlled for homogeneity to perform NMR spectroscopy.
This makes me think sakis1 did not use the equipment in this article, because I do not think sakis1 has a magnetic field anywhere near even 1 Tesla on his locator.

Your second image shows a bar magnet and some coils and a sample.
Is this sample the treasure that sakis1 recovered?

Best wishes,
J_P
hi j_p
pistol or NMR which?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahyal View Post
hi j_p
pistol or NMR which?
Hi kahyal,
The question I am asking is about this image you posted:

My question is about the sample we see at the left side marked yλIKO.
I wonder if you think this sample is some treasure that sakis1 recovered.

It is hard for me to understand how sakis1 was able to detect this treasure from long distance when I see the treasure is secured in a position at the NMR sensor that he added to his PD.
I am wondering how he detected this treasure from a long distance if it was secured in a position at the NMR coil where NMR measurements can be made.
We can read from your links above that NMR cannot work unless the sample is placed at the location of the NMR coil where we find a very powerful magnetic field.
It appears to me that maybe he already found a treasure and put it on the PD.
Is this correct?

But I also have a second question:
Is this really an NMR sensor?
I see only a bar magnet which cannot develop a strong enough field to measure NMR frequencies, even when you put the sample next to it.
Does this bar magnet have other parts we don't see in the image to create a magnetic field of several Teslas strength?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 AM
Guru

Default NMR or MRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis1 View Post
Exactly this

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]does not change anything, as much for the NMR is the functionality in MRI[/COLOR]

look at google images for NMR

!!
Maybe Sakis1 say this theory :
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by humhum View Post
Maybe Sakis1 say this theory :
Hi humhum,
I do not think this is the theory that sakis1 says his PD can locate long distance with.
What this image shows is how to solve a sparking problem when you make MRI images to study how cell phone batteries perform.
It has nothing to do with remote locating.

The image you posted is from Argonne National Laboratory, which shows how they solved the problem of sparking that can destroy the NMR coil and the sample inside it when a laboratory tries to make an MRI image of a battery cell.
This image shows a high strength magnetic field solenoid with a small battery placed inside it that has a problem of sparking at the coil which destroys the coil and the battery.
Their solution is to position the battery being tested in a sealed metal disk-shaped container with a second circular metal sensor disk at the opposite end of the apparatus.
This testing is done to determine the cyclic insertion and extraction of lithium in a carbon mixture that is currently used in commercially available lithium-ion batteries by 7Li NMR spectroscopy under actual operating conditions.

We see how sakis1 said his modification can be explained by looking at the google images for NMR and MRI.
But all of the NMR and MRI images I see require a strong magnetic field that cannot be produced by the 9v batteries we see in a portable pistol locator.
NMR and MRI detectors require very high magnetic fields that are not found from common magnets.
This makes me think that the modification sakis1 made is not working from NMR principles.
I think his modification is working from a different principle than MRI or NMR.
Maybe sakis1 can show us more about his modifications so we can see some details to know what he did to change from the original metal locator that I posted above.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Guru

This is just to know if anyone had build this detector and how is performing.
Regards
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson View Post
Hi ma330

have you got any results with this device jet?
Regards
Nelson
Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM

Hi J_player
I would ask u about the Pistol whats frequency on TX and RX because Im being to finish building this pistol
regards
Anwar2
Old 08-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwar2 View Post
Hi J_player
I would ask u about the Pistol whats frequency on TX and RX because Im being to finish building this pistol
regards
Anwar2
The frequency is approximately 100KHz. See here for details:
http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...5&postcount=98

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 08-18-2012, 12:42 PM

I finished the pistol it is working and very higt sound but there is some thing its work tow typ frqencey one is holder and second vlf VLF Ithink 565Hz but the holder I will measur after some time I will tel u
thanks J player for ur answer
Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 PM

Hi J-player
see this photos do u think this frquecis are correct I think it working but I dont know hwo its work the sound ok
tooooo like tthis when Iturn pot the sound come soft and stop and get small sound like seeee
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi J-player
see this photos do u think this frquecis are correct I think it working but I dont know hwo its work the sound ok
tooooo like tthis when Iturn pot the sound come soft and stop and get small sound like seeee
Hi Anwar2,
500 Hz and 100 KHz is exactly correct according to the factory specifications.
Some people have been running at 333 Hz and 120 KHz and they say this will also work.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Hi Anwar2,
500 Hz and 100 KHz is exactly correct according to the factory specifications.
Some people have been running at 333 Hz and 120 KHz and they say this will also work.

Best wishes,
J_P
thanks man and Iadjust the coils placment ( small coil RX ) its detects metals But the distance Im not agree with it may be I used ceramic capasitors for the coils because the mica not availabe in the market here in Dubai
Old 08-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
thanks man and Iadjust the coils placment ( small coil RX ) its detects metals But the distance Im not agree with it may be I used ceramic capasitors for the coils because the mica not availabe in the market here in Dubai
Hi Anwar2,
The Mica capacitors have only one advantage.
Mica capacitors are very stable when the temperature changes.
When you use Mica capacitors, the frequency will not change when the temperature changes.
If you can see the TX and RX are at the same frequency, then you should be able to find good tuning with the null control and the sensitivity control, even if they are not Mica capacitors.
But if the TX frequency is different than the RX frequency, then you should make adjustments to make these two frequencies the same.
This can be done by changing the coil capacitors, or by changing the turns on one of the coils until both the TX and RX are the same frequency. (best to change the capacitance to make same frequency).

You can look here to find the method for tuning after the frequencies are the same for TX and RX: http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...8&postcount=59

This circuit is only for the original factory circuit that was designed for short range detection.
It is the exact circuit that was found in the locator that the factory sold more than 40 years ago.
The range for detection was originally less than 1/2 meter when the factory sold these detector kits.
But many experimenters say they find longer detection range after they make modifications to the circuit.
I do not know exactly what modifications these experimenters make to find longer range detection.
Maybe some LRL experimenters can show what modifications are needed to find long range detection from this circuit.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 08-20-2012, 08:49 AM

Hi yes J_player your correct Im from Hot tropical country when I used the pistol in cold room and I adjust the pot on pefect point the sound being very low but when I got out of the room the sound been loader and very hight ....and frquency got changed
first time I thought this device may be temprature tester but when u told me about the mica capasitor and reson of use
ibleve ur information are correct 100%
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Question

hi j player.
I had a few questions.

What's this?
This is a pd?

This circuit is better or what have you introduced?
Complete one works best?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidmatris View Post
hi j player.
I had a few questions.

What's this?
This is a pd?

This circuit is better or what have you introduced?
Complete one works best?
Hi hamidmatris,
From what I can see, this circuit is not the same as the circuit that I posted above.
I posted the original factory design of a metal locator which was designed in the USA, showing how to modify it to put it into a pistol shape.

The circuit you show has similarities to my circuit, but it has been modified in many places.
I see changes in the nulling circuit, and several other component values which were changed in other parts of the circuit.
I also see a complete separate RF receiver is added with a demodulator and filter section.
Then I see the audio amplifier and speaker are changed to be replaced with a piezo beeper after mixing the signals from the locator and the receiver in a strange way.
There is no speaker and there is no meter on the circuit you show.
This means you cannot calibrate this circuit for null by using the meter as I have shown above, and you cannot expect the meter to show the pinpointing test correctly.

My opinion is this circuit is not the same as the circuit which I show above.
But this circuit has the appearance as being a modification to the circuit I show above.
I do not know if it is better than my circuit or not.
I have heard no reports to tell the performance of my circuit and comparative performance of the circuit that you show.

Maybe the circuit you show is better performance, maybe it is the same, or maybe it is worse.
I don't know.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-11-2012, 05:59 PM

Question

What's this?

Help me pls.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Hi hamidmatris,
From what I can see, this circuit is not the same as the circuit that I posted above.
I posted the original factory design of a metal locator which was designed in the USA, showing how to modify it to put it into a pistol shape.

The circuit you show has similarities to my circuit, but it has been modified in many places.
I see changes in the nulling circuit, and several other component values which were changed in other parts of the circuit.
I also see a complete separate RF receiver is added with a demodulator and filter section.
Then I see the audio amplifier and speaker are changed to be replaced with a piezo beeper after mixing the signals from the locator and the receiver in a strange way.
There is no speaker and there is no meter on the circuit you show.
This means you cannot calibrate this circuit for null by using the meter as I have shown above, and you cannot expect the meter to show the pinpointing test correctly.

My opinion is this circuit is not the same as the circuit which I show above.
But this circuit has the appearance as being a modification to the circuit I show above.
I do not know if it is better than my circuit or not.
I have heard no reports to tell the performance of my circuit and comparative performance of the circuit that you show.

Maybe the circuit you show is better performance, maybe it is the same, or maybe it is worse.
I don't know.

Best wishes,
J_P
tnx for your answer
Old 11-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidmatris View Post
What's this?

Help me pls.
I don't know what this is.
It is not part of the project which I show above.
My circuit has no parts which look like the photos you show.
You should send an email to the person who made your photos and ask what is the part that you have circled.
Maybe the person who made the photographs knows what that part is.

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Maybe they capacitors in TABUK
REGARD > >zarkinos <
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Guru

Quote:
I don't know what this is.
It is not part of the project which I show above.
My circuit has no parts which look like the photos you show.
You should send an email to the person who made your photos and ask what is the part that you have circled.
Maybe the person who made the photographs knows what that part is.

Best Wishes,
J_P
This looks one of the PD sold by Vasilis the greek LRL maker,
the object behind the Omega coil is the Ferrite.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
This looks one of the PD sold by Vasilis the greek LRL maker,
the object behind the Omega coil is the Ferrite.
Hi Morgan,
If this is the PD sold by Vasilis, then anyone who wants to know for certain about the details can send an email to Vasilis.
This circuit board is not the same as the schematic I see below it, and it is not the same as the schematic I made.
This circuit board I see is a modification of the circuit we see printed below it.
I think only the person who built this modified board will know all the details for what the parts are.

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 PM

Hello hamidmatris. Has a ferrite on the radio waves are used to receive signals. Andreas will help if you ask. Thanks......
Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Guru

This is Ferrite antenna.
Attached Images