LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I believe you locate N-S magnetic lines,becouse this can hapen very often when the coil or ferrite is not well balance or other possibility is wrong number of turns in the RX(receptor) coil,also little change in value of capacitor near RX some times solve the problem, but,as i told before, the more fast solution is to calibrate the ToTeM in the direction of this N-S line and start a search.This way the LRL only locate the buried objects and avoid the N-S lines.
We have many many things to learn about LRLs,but it will worth all the time we lost with them !!!
People like Funfinder,Max,WD40 etc etc , are allways present as skeptics becouse ,you know,still skeptics that said the men never arrive to the moon,and when some of them locate gold coins with LRLs,they will say,this is coincidence...thats it

Good Luck

Hello Morgan

I will step by step recheck all about.
The problem could also come from the coils.
The coil with the capacitor at the RX is a good tip that I will also try out, just as the calibration of the coils in the N-S line.
Somewhere the cause of this reaction must be of the totem.
But I'm also quite sure that I will solve the problem with your help.
I think what Qiaozhi wrote down, could be the solution to the problem.
Because of the totem with the 9V might be too sensitive.

You're absolutely right Morgan, we still need to learn many things about the LRLs.
I am still at the beginning, but I'm also quite sure that there is no lost time and it will be worth it. That tells me my believe and my feeling.

I will not have to do with such people like Funfinder.
He can be skeptical about LRLs, but he can not condemn anybody or even insult someone because one believes in something other than itself.
He insulted me and every other LRL experimenters also and he had no right for it.
But one day we'll show these people that it is possible and we'll see who laughs at last.

Best regards
Old 04-28-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detectoman View Post
this have rx and tx, your can look the difference range detection whit only rx and when i add tx function on, i am detecting on the iron bars of above inside the column

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_xWItsvDmo

Wow, I have seen your video and I am totally thrilled at what distance your LRL can detect the iron.
And the difference between Rx and Tx is even gigantic.
As your LRL respond to gold and silver?
What is there to reach for noble metals?

Many regards
Old 04-28-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Goldmaxx - Today I made some tests with the TOTeM prototype unit. It appears to work better if the power supply is between 8 to 9V. If the battery is greater than 9V (e.g. 9.5V), the increased voltage can cause an offset in the meter, so that it is not located at zero when there is no signal. However, if you ignore the meter offset, then everything else works as expected. It might be worth using an 8-cell battery pack with an 8V or 9V regulator to power the circuit.

I also removed the hot glue around the ferrite coil, and played around with the coil balance. The null is extremely easy to find, although it can be tricky to find the position where ferrous (iron) targets are rejected. At one balance position I was able to detect a Victorian penny at 5 inches from the TX coil, while rejecting iron.

If there is an external signal being received, such as from a laptop computer, then this will cause a beep even if TOTeM is pointing away from the source. So this is an easy way of deciding whether the signal is external interference or not.

As described in Chapter 14 of ITMD, the compass and sky effects seem to be related to the use an unshielded RX coil, and the sky effect can be experienced by using either a standard Heathkit GD348 or a Micronta 4001. There is no compass or sky effect with TOTeM, since it uses the ferrite coil as a receiver in active mode.

Hello Qiaozhi
this is very excellent and truly very good news. Your TOTeM reacts exactly like mine.
The best results I had with the old 9V battery with 8.22V.
With this power I was able to locate gold and silver ring from the TX coil in the active mode.
When the voltage was higher, the TOTeM has nothing detected before the coil.

With the old battery, I have calibrated the coils. That was really easy, I have it calibrated by the yellow LED and so long the RX coil displaced until the yellow LED is no longer became darker.
So you can calibrate the coils precise than with the sound.
Incidentally, I have calibrated my totem in a dark room, because so you can see better the light of the yellow LED. This was also the position where I could not detect any iron.

Wow, I must say that to detect Victorian penny in a 5 inches distance, is a very good performance and even better than my totem.
But I probably did not have the correct voltage, because I only had the old battery and the voltage was determined to be low.
But I can very well imagine that the 5 inches are realistic.

And Qiaozhi, I do not know if you've tried it. The TOTeM detected not only gold and silver from the TX coil, it can detect bronze too.
I tested it with a Roman As and he shows me it perfectly, but it does not respond to iron.
This is really brilliant because there are very beautiful Celtic artifacts of bronze and it would be great if the totem could also be detected it.
I will soon make a little video and post it here.

I can very well imagine that the TOTeM perhaps with 9V is too sensitive and that maybe the solution for my North - South line problem is.
Although I must say that the totem with 9V the spark test, can be detected over a greater distance. But it does not if it indicate other frequencies too.

Okay, I'll try next step to get a 9V regulator PCB and integrate them.

Qiaozhi, maybe you have, or someone from the forum a good PCB circuit for a 9V regulator?
Best with 12V input and a potentiometer for regulating the voltage on the PCB.
Thus, one could better experiment with the power in order to achieve the best result.

Qiaozhi So let us build a super LRL.

best regards
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmaxx View Post
The best results I had with the old 9V battery with 8.22V.
With this power I was able to locate gold and silver ring from the TX coil in the active mode.
When the voltage was higher, the TOTeM has nothing detected before the coil.
The difference between the two TOTeM units is probably in the coils. Even at 9.5V I was able to adjust the ferrite so that iron was rejected, and the only problem was the meter being offset from zero. I suspect your ferrite coil may be closer to the TX frequency than my unit.

Here's a suggestion:
On page 224 (TX Circuit) it is mentioned that R21 (10k) could be replaced with a multi-turn preset in series with a 4k7 resistor. This will allow the TX frequency to be adjusted, which will then change the sensitivity. If you do this test with a new set of batteries, and make the TX adjustment so that the meter does not have an offset away from zero, then the voltage regulator may not be required. Alternatively you could add both the regulator and the TX adjustment preset for greater flexibility.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Guru

Default the skeptics

Quote:
Hello Morgan

I will step by step recheck all about.
The problem could also come from the coils.
The coil with the capacitor at the RX is a good tip that I will also try out, just as the calibration of the coils in the N-S line.
Somewhere the cause of this reaction must be of the totem.
But I'm also quite sure that I will solve the problem with your help.
I think what Qiaozhi wrote down, could be the solution to the problem.
Because of the totem with the 9V might be too sensitive.

You're absolutely right Morgan, we still need to learn many things about the LRLs.
I am still at the beginning, but I'm also quite sure that there is no lost time and it will be worth it. That tells me my believe and my feeling.

I will not have to do with such people like Funfinder.
He can be skeptical about LRLs, but he can not condemn anybody or even insult someone because one believes in something other than itself.
He insulted me and every other LRL experimenters also and he had no right for it.
But one day we'll show these people that it is possible and we'll see who laughs at last.

Best regards

of course you just start to get some insults here becouse you are a LRL believer,i get many insults since the begining many years ago when start the amazing PISTOLDETEKTOR project,but the insults are more desgusting when come from a person that we not waiting this to hapen...

btw- in the begining funfinder also was a LRL believer and make a few schematics,then something go wrong and he turns a skeptic.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Guru

goldmaxx: my pd loop no detect metals in air, my actual video show a detection in the gate column due to what oxided iron is present grounded vie soil material of construccion, ( grounded ) these pd loop detect near in soil all metall in field tries, may be 1.5 mts distances, no detect littles irons separates, but oxidized regular size, may be due at specific no know toroid design function, these design isnt the totem, but simple earlier pd alonso of circuit 5, what i build first and modific whit loop in year 2010-2011, for null cardinal activityes and walk in north direction, pd whit any own inovations, i have others simplified lrl design in invest base on ics: lm368-ne555, and other actual lrl experimentation on lrl whit four transistors only, this is what i show in video recently whit a 1.5 v detection @ 1.20 mts these isnt tried in field anyware due i am treat put major trasmisor due somtimes this go overload or erratic
apologies for my bad english

spanish traduction no parallel at original:
goldmaxx: mi pd de aro, no detecta metales en aire, mi reciente video muestra una deteccion en la dala´ o varillaje de la entrada debido a que el hierro de la varilla esta aterrizada´ via al suelo por el material de adobe de la construccion, ( detectandolo como si estuviera enterrada ) ese lrl detecta todos los metales oxidados grandes en pruebas del campo, ( no la he probado mucho en los taps´ ) quizas a una desconocida operacion del diseño a toroide, ese diseño no es el totem, pero si es la basica pd de alonso del circuito 5, la que yo construi primero y que despues modifique con loop en los años 2010-2011 para anular los efectos cardinales y no detectar viniendo por norte sur direcciones´- the end

additional spanish explanations
-- yo he hecho otros diseños de larga detection muy simplificadas sobre circuitos integrados, los cuales no he probado debido a que estoy en procesos de conocer las propiedades de los distintos ics, pero funcionan en teoria efectivamente detectando chispas de alta tension y fuentes de electricidad y chispas de baterias 1.5 volts, a diferentes distancias, pero mi interes no es mucho sobre deteccion de tesoros sino ejercitamiento en conocer los secretos de la micro electronica, es como un hobbie de reconocimiento general de las ondas y como se conducen la onda cuadrada la triangular y la circular y sus propiedades, quizas algun dia me decida a hacer un lrl especifico especialmente para buscar monedas, y me olvide de mis electronicos experimentos, pero ahora estoy en el proceso de entender todo esto, como penetran las ondas en tierra maciza o cemento o piedra y cuales lo hacen mejor y a que oscilaciones
Old 04-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Guru

toroid- loop´´ on alonso 5 rx, are a modifications suggest from electronician big guru esteban directions
Old 04-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
btw- in the begining funfinder also was a LRL believer and make a few schematics,then something go wrong and he turns a skeptic.
In reality he wants to be an LRL believer, but is frustrated because no-one is able to give him a proven working design that he can put together with minimal effort ... and that does not cost money.

Although you all know I'm a skeptic, I am willing to support LRL experimenters in their efforts. Practical experiments are an excellent way of learning the truth, even if you don't like the answer. It seems our friend FF doesn't want to do the groundwork, but expects the results for free.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
The difference between the two TOTeM units is probably in the coils. Even at 9.5V I was able to adjust the ferrite so that iron was rejected, and the only problem was the meter being offset from zero. I suspect your ferrite coil may be closer to the TX frequency than my unit.

Here's a suggestion:
On page 224 (TX Circuit) it is mentioned that R21 (10k) could be replaced with a multi-turn preset in series with a 4k7 resistor. This will allow the TX frequency to be adjusted, which will then change the sensitivity. If you do this test with a new set of batteries, and make the TX adjustment so that the meter does not have an offset away from zero, then the voltage regulator may not be required. Alternatively you could add both the regulator and the TX adjustment preset for greater flexibility.

Hi Qiaozhi
Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will rebuilt my totem as soon as possible.
I am very excited about the result and will report the results equal to the forum.
Agrees you're right, it is also on page 224 of your book. From sheer LRL virus I have probably not thought about it.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
of course you just start to get some insults here becouse you are a LRL believer,i get many insults since the begining many years ago when start the amazing PISTOLDETEKTOR project,but the insults are more desgusting when come from a person that we not waiting this to hapen...

Yes you are right Morgan. One may be skeptical, but I think that one should not insult a believer. And especially not when there are strange people that could possibly help one.
This is an absolute no go.
I'm not a football fan and not like football, so I will not go into the football station and insult any soccer fans.
So what is called decency and respect for his opposite, no matter what he believes.

I would never insult Qiaozhi, because perhaps the TOTeM does not work, or I can not get it to work.
On the contrary, even if the TOTeM does not work, I am very grateful to him, because I could learn a lot from it.
Although I have no great knowledge of electronics, I do it anyway, because it interests me.
And if the TOTeM does not work, then at least I have tried it and have respect for Qiaozhi, because although he is skeptical, but he shares his knowledge with us all and me even helps bring the totem to work.
What someone wants to charge more than that?

I can only say one thing, many thanks Qiaozhi that you your know sharing with us and help us to build an LRL.

But even if the TOTeM does not work, I believe that this kind of treasure hunting is possible and will start another project and will not insult people who believe on LRLs.

But Qiaozhi put it this right. He wanted a super functioning LRL of you. best of all free and still not make the fingers dirty.
For this reason, he did not have the right people the believe in it and experiment with LRL to insult.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detectoman View Post
goldmaxx: my pd loop no detect metals in air, my actual video show a detection in the gate column due to what oxided iron is present grounded vie soil material of construccion, ( grounded ) these pd loop detect near in soil all metall in field tries, may be 1.5 mts distances, no detect littles irons separates, but oxidized regular size, may be due at specific no know toroid design function, these design isnt the totem, but simple earlier pd alonso of circuit 5, what i build first and modific whit loop in year 2010-2011, for null cardinal activityes and walk in north direction, pd whit any own inovations, i have others simplified lrl design in invest base on ics: lm368-ne555, and other actual lrl experimentation on lrl whit four transistors only, this is what i show in video recently whit a 1.5 v detection @ 1.20 mts these isnt tried in field anyware due i am treat put major trasmisor due somtimes this go overload or erratic
apologies for my bad english

spanish traduction no parallel at original:
goldmaxx: mi pd de aro, no detecta metales en aire, mi reciente video muestra una deteccion en la dala´ o varillaje de la entrada debido a que el hierro de la varilla esta aterrizada´ via al suelo por el material de adobe de la construccion, ( detectandolo como si estuviera enterrada ) ese lrl detecta todos los metales oxidados grandes en pruebas del campo, ( no la he probado mucho en los taps´ ) quizas a una desconocida operacion del diseño a toroide, ese diseño no es el totem, pero si es la basica pd de alonso del circuito 5, la que yo construi primero y que despues modifique con loop en los años 2010-2011 para anular los efectos cardinales y no detectar viniendo por norte sur direcciones´- the end

additional spanish explanations
-- yo he hecho otros diseños de larga detection muy simplificadas sobre circuitos integrados, los cuales no he probado debido a que estoy en procesos de conocer las propiedades de los distintos ics, pero funcionan en teoria efectivamente detectando chispas de alta tension y fuentes de electricidad y chispas de baterias 1.5 volts, a diferentes distancias, pero mi interes no es mucho sobre deteccion de tesoros sino ejercitamiento en conocer los secretos de la micro electronica, es como un hobbie de reconocimiento general de las ondas y como se conducen la onda cuadrada la triangular y la circular y sus propiedades, quizas algun dia me decida a hacer un lrl especifico especialmente para buscar monedas, y me olvide de mis electronicos experimentos, pero ahora estoy en el proceso de entender todo esto, como penetran las ondas en tierra maciza o cemento o piedra y cuales lo hacen mejor y a que oscilaciones

Hi detectoman
You've got very good results with your LRL, it just amazes me that he also detected oxidized iron.
Your results on the field objects at a distance of up to 1.5 m is also great.
I would be glad if I had such an LRL.

I must say one thing I've learned by now that circuit 5 from Alonso puts in probably any LRLs.

How long you already build LRLs?

Do you also have your successes with other simplified design lrl?

I have read a lot of Esteban. Unfortunately, it was before my time. He must really be a guru and pioneer of LRLs.
I have also read from his illness and hope that he is healed.
Do you know if he comes back to the forum?

You Do not apologize for your english, mine is not much better.
But I can read and understand a little Spanish. I was born in Italy and

la lingua italiana è quasi come la lingua spagnola
(The Italian language is almost like the Spanish language)
Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
In reality he wants to be an LRL believer, but is frustrated because no-one is able to give him a proven working design that he can put together with minimal effort ... and that does not cost money.

Although you all know I'm a skeptic, I am willing to support LRL experimenters in their efforts. Practical experiments are an excellent way of learning the truth, even if you don't like the answer. It seems our friend FF doesn't want to do the groundwork, but expects the results for free.

Qiaozhi, I agree with you and thank you for the beautiful TOTem project. This is an excellent possible to start and experiment with the LRL.
I have been in relatively short time, already have learn a lot about LRLs.
I am also of the opinion that one must build an LRL himself to learn the truth.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
Qiaozhi, I agree with you and thank you for the beautiful TOTem project. This is an excellent possible to start and experiment with the LRL.
I have been in relatively short time, already have learn a lot about LRLs.
I am also of the opinion that one must build an LRL himself to learn the truth.
Hi

about the LRLs,you must know that most of them available in the market for sale ,are very expensive but fake LRLs,and as you do better build our own LRL than spend a lot of money in OKM etc etc, you have done well to build the ToTeM.

If you looking for bronze objects,i am sure the LRLs not locate them becouse once they stay a few years underground,they start create the verdigris PATINA,this metal cover insulate the metal to have full contact with the ground and they not create the PHENOMENON,but with noble metals is diferent.

regards
Old 04-29-2013, 02:00 AM
Guru

goldmax, how i say to you, i have 5 distincts lrl designs, all build whit different circuit, of those, four i no have tried due what im looking today put a major tx, only the pd loop i have been tried, all 4 other respond to energyes and hig tension or detect my computer at 2 m, tv too 1.30, may be teorical work ok, today i like too do invests on i,r cameras short distance semms how this http://www.google.com.mx/imgres?q=ca...68,s:300,i:208
Old 04-29-2013, 08:32 AM

Default totem

Please clearly explain how to connect the
Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahditala View Post
Please clearly explain how to connect the
What are you asking?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 PM

Hello
The coil ferrite,
What is inductance?
ie . Ferrite how mH- μH ???????

Thank wait your reply
Old 05-17-2013, 03:22 AM

RX 870mh
100 turns wire .56mm
Old 05-17-2013, 05:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi

about the LRLs,you must know that most of them available in the market for sale ,are very expensive but fake LRLs,and as you do better build our own LRL than spend a lot of money in OKM etc etc, you have done well to build the ToTeM.

If you looking for bronze objects,i am sure the LRLs not locate them becouse once they stay a few years underground,they start create the verdigris PATINA,this metal cover insulate the metal to have full contact with the ground and they not create the PHENOMENON,but with noble metals is diferent.

regards
Hi Morgan.
If i remember good, Franco has some bronze coins buried for 10+ years and he locate them with his lrl at same distance as the silver coins.

Regards
Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Guru

Hi Geo,
In my test field I have found a piece of metal, I'm not sure if brass or bronze. In another field, near my home, I have found
a cartridge case brass certainly.

Best Regards
Old 05-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoItaly View Post
Hi Geo,
In my test field I have found a piece of metal, I'm not sure if brass or bronze. In another field, near my home, I have found
a cartridge case brass certainly.

Best Regards
Hi Franco.
So, the bronze or copper makes "phenomenon". This is good......

Please look your email!!

Regards
Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTech View Post
RX 870mh
100 turns wire .56mm
Thank you very much my friend.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 PM

Hi Sir,

Can the TOTEM locate this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNasHypGd8
Old 05-22-2013, 04:36 AM