Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Guru

Default FERRITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
Hi Morgan,

You're right.
I just decided to replicate it to try to enhance it. I said in the past that as I'm deeply involved in the finishing on my own LRL system, I would investigate the PDC later. But the device you presented has the advantage of being able to be copied from the beginning thanks to the great job you did in showing the details. Unlike the PDC which has lots of circuits filled with resin. And I don't want in any way to run the risk of ruin it.
Besides, the pistol detector will be a good project to try our discoveries and developments we reached with our LRL system. But first the pistol has to be replicated with the highest fidelity possible.

PS. Recheck your switch connections as the way it is shown may lead to errors in replicating them.

Regards.
Hello

Yes,this time you are rigth,i made some mistake with wires and switch connections,my spanish friend say the PD not work if he disconect the 3 wires from Ferrite,so you are absolutly correct,WE NEED PCB 5 AND FERRITE !!!
If you have good knolenge with electronics can you tell me if its possible to put 22mF electrolitic capacitors,because i can´t find Tantalum capacitors.
your Pistoldetektor is already working? If yes,tell me the performance.
Unfortunly GEO device its working maybe 10 %...And i think my device will have serious problems to put to work,i think i made big mistakes with capacitor values.If your PD works better can you help us here?!
Good luck with your project!

Regards
Old 02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Guru

Default FERRITE & PCB 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Hi all,
Morgan, I wish you have not made mistake in reflection the original circuits otherwise all other things reach to nowhere.
Really thanks to you for your efforts in trying this effort.
Really thanks to others; Max, Fred and Qiaozhi for consequent leadings in making the schematic.
Especial thanks to Max for full schematic.
Especial thanks to Geo for some of his leadings at least to me for wire wraping manner.
Morgan you really didn't need to make 6 separate PCBs, thanks to Max; with Max schematic blessing you can assemble all in one single board like I did. unfortunately electronic is not my profession at all and I'm high and dry in this, but I love treasure seeking and detection.
now the most problem for me is wire wrapping and how to make it. I'm entering in second phase.
in god providence and friends helps here I go ahead.
any help and leading here will be seriously appreciated. after that I will put all my obtained in your access.
Hello Michael,Max,GEO,Fred

unfortunly i made some mistake when copy switch connections from original Alonso LRL !
I was advertise that we need FERRITE & PCB 5 working to get good results with Pistoldetektor!
SORRY i´m not good enough in elektronika...
I will try to solve the problem when meet again with my friend the owner of this device...

Regards
Old 02-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Guru

Hi.
Morgan if it's the case, what a bad.
please try to rewise it if you are serious to have a copy of that and to
share worthy experiences all to each other. Try your best to catch the device again.
Thanksgivings
Old 02-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
If you have good knolenge with electronics can you tell me if its possible to put 22mF electrolitic capacitors,because i can´t find Tantalum capacitors.
Regards
Maybe.
But I don't know if in this particular case the electrolytics will hold as stable as the tantalums. He employed 25V caps (yellow). I used 35V (brown) for more 'room'.
I'm surprised you're having a hard time to find them in Europe.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Guru

Quote:
Maybe.
But I don't know if in this particular case the electrolytics will hold as stable as the tantalums. He employed 25V caps (yellow). I used 35V (brown) for more 'room'.
I'm surprised you're having a hard time to find them in Europe.
For a stabilised 9V power supply there is more room than you need
Tantalum have the bad habit to go in short and blew everything there is above them, i hate them...
Fred.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Guru

Default Andreas Pistoldetektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Hi.
Morgan if it's the case, what a bad.
please try to rewise it if you are serious to have a copy of that and to
share worthy experiences all to each other. Try your best to catch the device again.
Thanksgivings
Hello
Yes,i will do this as soon as possible.
Until now the best result is from Andreas PD, air test Euro coin 25 cm and metalic dor 4,80 m...Anyway is not using PCB 5 & Ferrite,device its only at 50 % of the original,but much better results than GEO and Fred.
Good luck!

Regards
Old 02-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hello Michael,Max,GEO,Fred

unfortunly i made some mistake when copy switch connections from original Alonso LRL !
I was advertise that we need FERRITE & PCB 5 working to get good results with Pistoldetektor!
SORRY i´m not good enough in elektronika...
I will try to solve the problem when meet again with my friend the owner of this device...

Regards
Hi,
I think someone told you some bad information about ferrite thing: it is off when other stuff is on... so you'll never use it when use the circuit2 stuff etc.

Maybe is some joke...

Don't care of who told you that ferrite is essential for success with PD cause it's , from schematic we have , impossible.

Just wire up things to have all powered and just forget about ferrite circuit.

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 02-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hello
Yes,i will do this as soon as possible.
Until now the best result is from Andreas PD, air test Euro coin 25 cm and metalic dor 4,80 m...Anyway is not using PCB 5 & Ferrite,device its only at 50 % of the original,but much better results than GEO and Fred.
Good luck!

Regards
Hi,
yes true... Andreas made great work I think... but remember: the original case for coils was 4'' so 10cm only and less in the inner part , right ?

Then original coils of PD must be under 10cm size and not 12cm like in Andreas model.

It's easy detecting 1eur at 25cm with a PI detector and a 12cm diameter coil for example... but not so easy getting the same results with a smaller coil.

That means original coils are somehow "special" if you can get, with smaller thing, e.g. 10eur-cent at 50cm ! ENORMOUS DISTANCE FOR SUCH SMALL THING AND COILS!

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi,
I think someone told you some bad information about ferrite thing: it is off when other stuff is on... so you'll never use it when use the circuit2 stuff etc.

Maybe is some joke...

Don't care of who told you that ferrite is essential for success with PD cause it's , from schematic we have , impossible.

Just wire up things to have all powered and just forget about ferrite circuit.

Kind regards,
Max
In the first model, for long range detection works the two in one position of the switch, but in other position you disconnect ferrite and use as normal MD for to search the item in the revolved sand.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
In the first model, for long range detection works the two in one position of the switch, but in other position you disconnect ferrite and use as normal MD for to search the item in the revolved sand.
Hi,
yes... but if schematic is correct, the Morgan's PD is different and he gets ferrite circuit off when other stuff is on. So ferrite does nothing... at least... seems that way on Morgan's PD with that schematic.

In other kinds I don't know... and maybe the two things work at same time... possible, but I don't know which kind of increased value can give the ferrite receiver there.

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi,
yes... but if schematic is correct, the Morgan's PD is different and he gets ferrite circuit off when other stuff is on. So ferrite does nothing... at least... seems that way on Morgan's PD with that schematic.

In other kinds I don't know... and maybe the two things work at same time... possible, but I don't know which kind of increased value can give the ferrite receiver there.

Kind regards,
Max
Esteban is correct.
Morgan's PD is no different. The switch wirings Morgan provided can lead to errors in which one might think it does nothing. PCB5 must be used in conjunction with PCB2 otherwise it won't work properly.
Don't be fooled. I wasn't.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Guru

Quote:
Esteban is correct.
Morgan's PD is no different. The switch wirings Morgan provided can lead to errors in which one might think it does nothing. PCB5 must be used in conjunction with PCB2 otherwise it won't work properly.
Don't be fooled. I wasn't.
Hi Hung,
so you say that the switch wiring is wrong ?
Can you please post correction here ?

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 02-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi,
so it's like detectoman's explaination: one mode for normal search and the other for pinpointing only ?

If is that way... all make sense about presence of the ferrite thing.

Problem is that Morgan reported that device works just at one position of switch... then seems does nothing at the other 2.

I cannot explain this behaviour: I will expect e.g. long range detection in one position and just short detection in pinpointing mode... but seems is not that way.

Morgan do you confirm my thoughts ?

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Guru

Default LRL

Quote:
Yes,maybe there is some error when i copy the schematic...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Guru

Default LRL

Quote:
Hi,
so it's like detectoman's explaination: one mode for normal search and the other for pinpointing only ?

If is that way... all make sense about presence of the ferrite thing.

Problem is that Morgan reported that device works just at one position of switch... then seems does nothing at the other 2.

I cannot explain this behaviour: I will expect e.g. long range detection in one position and just short detection in pinpointing mode... but seems is not that way.

Morgan do you confirm my thoughts ?

Kind regards,
Max
Hello

There is the possibility of some error when i copy this device.
I will correct as soon as possible!!!

Regards
Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Guru

Hi Morgan,

The sensitive part here is the wiring from the switch.As long as it is right , the diagram must be OK.
It is important to see if there is solder bridge between left and right rows of contacts in the switch.

Regards,
Fred.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Guru

Hi Fred.
I don't see any bridge
Regards
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi Fred.
I don't see any bridge
Regards
I cannot be sure for the left contacts on the picture.The upper are soldered, i dont know about the lower one.
regards,
Fred.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan
There is the possibility of some error when i copy this device.
I will correct as soon as possible!!!
There is no error in copying the switch for the pistol detector. Several people have built circuit boards for this detector that work ok from the schematic Max made that shows the same switch arrangement.

The problem came because Morgan made separate circuit boards instead of a single board that carries the Vcc and ground to all the places on his different boards. If you build the circuit from Max schematic with 6 separate boards, then the ground and Vcc are carried by jumpers from one board to the next. By removing ferrite board-5, you also remove the ground jumper that connects the ground to board-3 and then jumps to board 2. For Morgan, this ground connection can be replaced by adding a simple jumper from the power boiard-1 ground to a ground trace on board-2. If this jumper is added, then his circuit should work fine the same as the others who built the circuit on a single board from Max's plans.

No improvement in the omega circuit is achieved by adding the ferrite circuit. The ferrite circuit works independently of the omega and is never powered to the on state when the omega is running in the Morgan version of the pistol detector.

The only part of the ferrite circuit that will have some influence on the omega circuit of Morgan's pistol detector is the wire from the green led that connects to the 390k with parallel 100nf +42k to ground. These 3 components could be added to reproduce the slight reduction in sensitivity found in the original Morgan omega circuit, But several people have built the omega circuit without these parts from the ferrite board and are not having problems with the operation of the omega board. There is no error in the switch.

Best wishes,
J_P
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
The ferrite circuit works independently of the omega and is never powered to the on state when the omega is running in the Morgan version of the pistol detector.
Wrong.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Guru

Attached Images

Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung
Wrong.
The picture you posted does not show a mistake. It shows the switch wired as Morgan says it is wired. Everyone who has built a circuit from the switch information Morgan provided has produced a working circuit board except Morgan, who made the omega circuit on separate boards.

If there is any mistake in what we are seeing in the photo, you have not shown us where it is. If you are able to post a switch diagram showing the correct switch wiring and contacts for the different switch positions, then we will be able to see some mistake that is not shown in the photo you posted.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Guru

Quote:
Wrong.
You are right, how could i have been so blind!
Thank you for enlighting me !

Fred
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Guru

Is hung trying to stop Morgan from putting power to his pistol detector project?

Why is hung spreading false information about an error in the switch wiring? To keep us from building the circuit? We all know the ferrite circuit is not active when the omega circuit is turned on. And all who have built the circuit find the omega board powers up fine without any ferrite circuit. But hung tries stop Morgan from connecting the needed jumper wire so his boards will work like the others who built the circuit. Why is this? To try to make us believe the omega coils won't work without using the ferrite?

Maybe Fred is right...
Maybe hung invented a special diode disguised as a switch for Alonso to use when he built the pistol detector.
But wait... It can't be a simple diode. There must be more to this... Just look at the secret circuits hung showed meter readings on from the Ranger Tell. After failing to show the Ranger Tell had any transmitting or receiving circuits hidden inside, he changed his story to radionics being the principle of operation.

Do you suppose there is a small gold-detecting circuit module hidden inside the pistol detector switch that will not work unless the disconnected ferrite board is attached by a wire? Does the turned-off ferrite board cause the switch to emit gold target signals that are shot in a signal line to the omega circuit board? Now this sounds like a real accomplishment. It fooled all of us including Morgan into thinking we are looking at a simple slide switch!

Note for Morgan: Make X-ray of the switch next time you borrow the pistol detector so we can see the hidden secret parts inside.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Guru

Hi
The article begins to be joke.
Unfairly we accused them.
Look at, they began to say us where are the errors in the drawing.
For the head however they do not say nothing.
Why??? We said..... they do not want.
I will say it more simply.
Right their, other as they do not insist with cheap pretexts.
Regards