LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 09-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by peroon View Post
"..What surprises me is you seem to be discouraging people (like myself, for example) from having an interest to make any more tests to record the exact polar distances of detection, and from taking readings of the temperature and humidity, and recording the time of day, as well as solar activity data and other data that that most people are not interested in checking. And also making tests to see how different LRLs perform in different weather conditions, and different times of the day and night, and different soil conditions, so there can be a permanent record of performances recorded...."

You noticed too??
Most probably he finally realized that device was bogus all the time. Certain critics from this forum probably provoked him to do more detailed tests and than he realized that device is actually not working as beleived.
So now is better to close debate as soon as possible and not to disclose real facts in public.
Word "beleive" is wrong, cose we really should not tend to "beleive" or " not to beleive" here. Science and common sense should not be in any relations to beleifs at all. Facts, proofs and numerous double blind tests - all we have to tend here.
Hi Peroon,

From your perception you concluded Morgan most probably realized the device was bogus. But what I see is he is sure the device is not bogus, and is working well. I think that in some conditions he finds better performance than we see in his videos, and other times not as good. Of course, what I think, or you think, or what anyone else will think about the videos will depend on each person's opinions, experience and perceptive abilities. We are not all the same in this regard.

I have not seen Morgan's answer to my question yet. And I think he knows his answer better than I or you or anyone else could speculate. But I have been forming a general opinion about the videos that were shown here. From what I have read in this forum, the purpose of these videos is to show proof that the "phenomenon exists" by demonstrating a number of LRLs to make a target signal in a location where we know there is gold buried for 20 years. The idea of the videos was to prove there is a "phenomenon" and the Alonso pistol can detect it. The videos were intended to be indisputable proof to anyone who sees them.

But we see that not everyone who watches these videos thinks they are proof that the "phenomenon" exists, or that the Alonso pistol can detect anything related to the "phenomenon". This causes much disappointment for the people who were in support of the videos, and gives rise to some heated debates. To make it worse, English is not the first language of many forum readers, and some are misunderstanding some of the opinions that are presented. In some cases I see where people read words and then infer some new meanings from posts that were not intended by the people who made the posts... another mechanism of confusion. But putting the misinterpretations aside, the basic disagreement seems to be that there are two strong opinions that most people have:

1. The Detectoman opinion that these videos are absolute proof that LRLs work and the phenomenon is real. Anyone who sees these videos must be convinced, or they are simply lying to themselves.

2. The more technical opinion that we saw only videos of people moving some detectors that beeped near certain areas. But what does it mean? what about some more tests to prove there wasn't some tricks or illusions? Maybe even the testing people were fooled by something that doesn't work. Or maybe something different than "phenomenon detection" caused the beeping that we did not see on the videos?

A lot of my opinion is based on knowing the character of Morgan and Geo. I cannot believe they would make fake or biased tests to prove their point. So can they be deceived by what they observed? I doubt that also, because Morgan has tested this detector many more times and reported similar results. But then my opinion is not the final truth either. I could also be wrong. It is theoretically possible that maybe there is some illusion causing the apparent detection. I don't believe it, but could be. This is why I think it is a good idea for me to make extra testing and record some more measurements, just to get some extra insurance that I'm not wrong about my opinions.

And I think it is even better if others will make their own testing to check for things I will not think to look for. If I am correct, and these detectors are working, then they will have no problem standing up to rigorous testing to show they do what is claimed. I think any tests I perform will confirm they are working as claimed. So why shouldn't we be making any further testing?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Guru

Default The LR stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad View Post
No working circuits that anyone can get working .
No proof that anyone can test
No DB testing
No
No NO
People I hope are not that stupit.
It is amost 2010 and still no working LRL that WORKS.
This thing about LR stone its not to ofend.
Unfortunatly your claims about one working LRL are very dificult to realize,we have the LRL schematic but only Alonso or Esteban as the skill to tune this device 100%

Regards
Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Guru (Administrator)

There is little point in discussing whether Morgan and/or Geo faked the videos, as it is fairly obvious that this did not happen. I think everyone should assume that the videos are showing events as they happened and take the discussion from there. If anyone was going to post a video with tricks designed to fool viewers that the LRLs were actually working, when they were not, then the beeping would be more consistent, and therefore more convincing.

Personally I think they are genuine.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
This thing about LR stone its not to ofend.
Unfortunatly your claims about one working LRL are very dificult to realize,we have the LRL schematic but only Alonso or Esteban as the skill to tune this device 100%

Regards
Maybe 100% is not necessary, you PD was working reasonably well i think.
Now i would like to make a new ferrite coil for my PD, at the end can you tell me how many turns i need ?
Thanks
Fred.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
If anyone was going to post a video with tricks designed to fool viewers that the LRLs were actually working, when they were not, then the beeping would be more consistent, and therefore more convincing.

You believe in this or you are only polite?

Why they need those pile of stones?

Ask amateur radio "fox finders".

"Fox transmitter" cannot be hidden in soil (cause not working), cannot be hanging on the bush (because it can be seen on TV), but pile of stones this is ever ideal location for LRL Fox transmitter. See videos again and enjoy this trick. Very clever but also unrepeatable in controlled circumstances. One need only strut pile of stones and End of LRL magic happens .

Why they need ferrite antenna in LRL?

To detect ions or secret gold radiation? No, for such things ferrite antennas are not suitable at all, but for directive receiving radio wave ferrite antenna is the real thing. Known and verified many times.

Pure trick nothing else. I am not discuss about intention, or who is here The Godfather. Intention are not known to me, maybe funny prank only. But final effect are very clear - one more mineoro promotion.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6
You believe in this or you are only polite?

Why they need those pile of stones?

Ask amateur radio "fox finders".

"Fox transmitter" cannot be hidden in soil (cause not working), cannot be hanging on the bush (because it can be seen on TV), but pile of stones this is ever ideal location for LRL Fox transmitter.....
Hi WM6,
Sure amateur foxhunters don't put their transmitters in the ground because not working. But other RF hobbyists can get reception from RF under the ground and even under the water. I have seen videos of RC submarines that use RF signals sent to a receiver under fresh water more than 10 feet deep, and in salt water more than 3 feet deep. So how can it be impossible to receive RF through the ground? Maybe it is only because the frequencies and power levels used in the foxhunter groups are better hidden in rocks.

You are showing a method that would be used to create a trick to make fake videos. It is true this hidden transmitter trick could be used. But this trick was not used by Morgan, because Geo checked for RF signals using ameteur radio signal detectors when he began his testing at the Morgan demonstration location. We know he would have found a hidden transmitter if it was there. But Geo found no transmitter or signal generator.

Even more important, it is not possible there was any trick with hidden signal generators because we know the character of Morgan and Geo. They are not liars, and they do not make videos with intention to trick people. Qiaozhi has it right when he says "There is little point in discussing whether Morgan and/or Geo faked the videos", We all know that neither Geo or Morgan will make fake tricks on their videos.

So if you want to prove there is a hidden transmitter in Morgan's rock pile, then you must go to his rock pile and show us a video of you finding this hidden transmitter. You can be guaranteed we will believe your claims of a hidden transmitter, but only after we see your video showing absolute proof of a transmitter hidden in Morgan's rockpile.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

are very dificult to realize,we have the LRL schematic but only Alonso or Esteban as the skill to tune this device 100%

Regards
Yes, ferrite coil (in LRL actually ferrite antenna) have to be tunned. But there is not secret magic known only to Esteban and Alonso. I am buying handy security $10 detector from Hong Kong and amend it to pin-pointer. In original security detector with 14cm round coil can not detect scout knife at more than poor 3cm in air. After conversion and replacement original coil with exactly tunned ferrite coil new pin-pointer can detect the same scout knife at more than 20 cm in air (bad tuned at only 1 cm).

Regarding ferrite coil most of builders repeat the one same mistake: for tuning they not to provide free movement all of three parts of ferrite coils (coil 1, coil 2 and ferrite rod). Without this, neither the Fox LRL receiver nor pin pointer can not be optimal tuned, even everything else is done as necessary. But no wooodooo magic at all.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post

? Maybe it is only because the frequencies and power levels used in the foxhunter groups are better hidden in rocks.
Yes it is question of power. There are huge damping of such week signal in soil especially in wet soil. Frequency can be tuned on both TR and RX devices. Different frequencies have very different abilities penetration through a given substance. Fox hunter can hide in bush too, but there are not such video evidence because transmitters are known and searched.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6
Yes it is question of power. There are huge damping of such week signal in soil especially in wet soil. Frequency can be tuned on both TR and RX devices. Different frequencies have very different abilities penetration through a given substance. Fox hunter can hide in bush too, but there are not such video evidence because transmitters are known and searched.
Great!
Show us your video of the hidden transmitter in Morgan's rock pile so we can have absolute proof to believe it is a fake like you do.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Guru

Quote:
Great!
Show us your video of the hidden transmitter in Morgan's rock pile so we can have absolute proof to believe it is a fake like you do.

Best wishes,
J_P
No problem, give me pile of rocks.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Guru

In my opinion, testing on known targets is not really testing.

Further reading now indicates there was a known buried target amongst the rocks. This information was unknown to me, when I first viewed the videos. Now we are speculating the LRL gadgets were detecting gold, beneath rocks. In addition, the shallow trash item was incidental, I rekon.

The DC2006 does not respond. The DC2008 only responds when it is directly over the known target. The Geo-LRL responds when it is directly over the known target. The conventional metal detector gives intermittent signals when it is directly over the target. The red clone LRL only seems to beep when held or moved a certain way and beeps when not aimed at the target. The PD also beeped when moved a certain way, and beeped while not even pointing at the rocks.

In all honesty, I would be less skeptical had these guys actually detected an Unknown target from several meters away and retrieved the item. Maybe next time, eh?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim4
In my opinion, testing on known targets is not really testing.

Further reading now indicates there was a known buried target amongst the rocks. This information was unknown to me, when I first viewed the videos. Now we are speculating the LRL gadgets were detecting gold, beneath rocks. In addition, the shallow trash item was incidental, I rekon.

The DC2006 does not respond. The DC2008 only responds when it is directly over the known target. The Geo-LRL responds when it is directly over the known target. The conventional metal detector gives intermittent signals when it is directly over the target. The red clone LRL only seems to beep when held or moved a certain way and beeps when not aimed at the target. The PD also beeped when moved a certain way, and beeped while not even pointing at the rocks.

In all honesty, I would be less skeptical had these guys actually detected an Unknown target from several meters away and retrieved the item. Maybe next time, eh?
Not likely at this test garden. This is a place where Morgan buried a gold coin 20 years ago and allowed the past 20 years to grow a "halo" effect. If he were to dig the buried coin, then he would also destroy the halo that he waited 20 years to achieve. A second demonstration he made was away from his test garden, where he found a ring along with some other trash, and dug it up to show what he found. Check his later video to see the ring recovery.

About testing, this demonstration was intended to be a demonstration open to all forum members to come and see for themselves, and test the LRLs in their own hands. Any testing was to be whatever tests that people attending wanted to try, similar to the tests you might want to try at a metal detector shop to see what metal detectors work to your satisfaction. It was never intended to be a scientific test. But if you wanted to see a particular kind of test, you were invited to come and make your own tests like Geo did or anyone else could have done. Seems kind of late to complain we did not see the tests we want at this time.

It is hard for people who don't live close to Portugal to see the demonstration and try their own tests. Maybe there will be another demonstration held in the USA for people who want to see and try out LRLs with their own hands. This might be a solution to the problem of traveling to Portugal.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Guru

Hi.
I think that it is time to write and i Here.
I paid 3000 Euro for to make a fake video??? Why?? I don't construct detectors and i don't sell detectors. I paid only for me, to see if it works or no. You stay on your armchairs and criticize everything. Go to Morgan to see.
I know about Foxhunter long time before you. I checked the stones. Maybe i made a mistake eeee???? OK. Now what about the other two objects where there was not stones??? PD detect the foil from all the directions and central it. So, where is the fox transmitter???
Fox transmitters are simple very small transmiters that we put near the ground. Morgan used a lot of detectors and detected the objects.
Read....
Tessoro Eldorado (i think) 10Khz
Mineoro ????? my PDC210 was tuned at 34Khz.
PD by Alonso 62Khz
PD clone (red) about 80Khz
My LRL with big coil 50.2 and 70.9 Khz
My LRL with small coil 60.5 Khz.
With these machines we took beeps from the burried objects. Who is the basic frequency that gives harmonics for all this frequencies??
If you don't believe the test, No problem for all. But don't try with pseudo-arguments to persuade the others that tests are Fraud!!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Guru

Quote:
Not likely at this test garden. This is a place where Morgan buried a gold coin 20 years ago and allowed the past 20 years to grow a "halo" effect. If he were to dig the buried coin, then he would also destroy the halo that he waited 20 years to achieve. A second demonstration he made was away from his test garden, where he found a ring along with some other trash, and dug it up to show what he found. Check his later video to see the ring recovery.

About testing, this demonstration was intended to be a demonstration open to all forum members to come and see for themselves, and test the LRLs in their own hands. Any testing was to be whatever tests that people attending wanted to try, similar to the tests you might want to try at a metal detector shop to see what metal detectors work to your satisfaction. It was never intended to be a scientific test. But if you wanted to see a particular kind of test, you were invited to come and make your own tests like Geo did or anyone else could have done. Seems kind of late to complain we did not see the tests we want at this time.

It is hard for people who don't live close to Portugal to see the demonstration and try their own tests. Maybe there will be another demonstration held in the USA for people who want to see and try out LRLs with their own hands. This might be a solution to the problem of traveling to Portugal.

Best wishes,
J_P
Unless you were there...in person...twenty years ago, the medallion (or now coin) was alledegdly buried in that spot, twenty years ago. Interesting how the trash we saw recovered had not been found and removed in that twenty year span of testing the known target.

I have already made mention about the "discovery" of the ring, and the dramatic recovery.

Jim
Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Unless you were there...in person...twenty years ago, the medallion (or now coin) was alledegdly buried in that spot, twenty years ago. Interesting how the trash we saw recovered had not been found and removed in that twenty year span of testing the known target...

Jim
Hi Jim,
I am only going by what Morgan said. If he says he buried a gold piece 20 years ago, then I believe he buried a gold piece 20 years ago.
I am not sure I am understanding you. Are you suggesting that Morgan is not telling the truth about burying a gold piece there 20 years ago?
Or, maybe you're suggesting he was mistaken and buried something else different from gold?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Guru

Default Why not send one to ul for testing or Consumer Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi.
I think that it is time to write and i Here.
I paid 3000 Euro for to make a fake video??? Why?? I don't construct detectors and i don't sell detectors. I paid only for me, to see if it works or no. You stay on your armchairs and criticize everything. Go to Morgan to see.
I know about Foxhunter long time before you. I checked the stones. Maybe i made a mistake eeee???? OK. Now what about the other two objects where there was not stones??? PD detect the foil from all the directions and central it. So, where is the fox transmitter???
Fox transmitters are simple very small transmiters that we put near the ground. Morgan used a lot of detectors and detected the objects.
Read....
Tessoro Eldorado (i think) 10Khz
Mineoro ????? my PDC210 was tuned at 34Khz.
PD by Alonso 62Khz
PD clone (red) about 80Khz
My LRL with big coil 50.2 and 70.9 Khz
My LRL with small coil 60.5 Khz.
With these machines we took beeps from the burried objects. Who is the basic frequency that gives harmonics for all this frequencies??
If you don't believe the test, No problem for all. But don't try with pseudo-arguments to persuade the others that tests are Fraud!!!!
If you really want to do a good test Let Carl test one of your units.
He will test it for free and post the information.
send one to Consumer Reports for testing
Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Guru

Jim,

Your insecurity about this type of detection is normal and understandable for someone who complete ignores the phenomena and Mineoro's aproach for years and lacks any experience with those.

Morgan had already demonstrated the PD in action in a video for the private forum about 2 years ago when he had only a rock over the target as a reference mark. The 'so called phenomenon' that long time buried gold produces is the basis Alonso and Damasio employed along the time to evolve and perfect their devices. It will not be blocked by rocks, ceramic, glass, etc. About almost anything except iron and this, depending on what condition it's exposed. I will not go into the scientific explanation, being that discussing about this I would be risking to expose their discovery and the scientific basis without ethics. The preliminary information in Mineoro's site is correct and should be used as a general view of what is happening.

Morgan buried his medal as he already reported, for 10 years now and at only 20 cm. Considering the shallow depth and constant ordinary metal detection activity as he already said that this target was mainly intended to test his ordinary MDs along the time, the detectable fields in the target site must be weak, even for a 10 year period. The ideal condition would be burying his medal at least at 50 cm (about 2 feet) depth and that this spot would never be disturbed by any ordinary MDs, as when they are turned on close they end up ruining the ionic fields around it and takes time until it rebuilds again.

I the video some detectors are used, among them 2 Mineoro models, and the PDs. The original Alonso PD was a prototype for the latest models developed at Mineoro. So much so that it detects also aluminum pretty much. Bearing this in mind, not only the medal had his share of field intensity at the site but the alumium trash as well. So for the PD, who is also reacting to aluminum, they summed and ended as a stronger field than gold alone, which is the possible explanation for the Mineoros who have a stronger rejection to aluminum to only detecting it real close.
Trough my experience with these detectors, I can safely say that, in normal conditions (as the ones already explained above), 7 to 10 meters away, would be a fair distance for them depending on how sensitive the calibration knob is set.

So, in sum, don't doubt the videos are not true for a single minute. You have all the reasons to emit any opinions you want. It's your privilege. But any opinion pointing them as not authentic or the detectors are doing anything else but detecting the target is completely wrong and mistaken. We who use those type of devices and already found many items with it perfectly know that those are true and genuine videos.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad View Post
If you really want to do a good test Let Carl test one of your units.
He will test it for free and post the information.
send one to Consumer Reports for testing

Hi.Really i can't understand you.
Morgan called all the members to go for the PD test.
Carl, don't wanted (or he was busy) to go for the test. So now what are you say??? I believe that Morgan has not problem to test again the PD if Carl go to Portugal.
But if you mean me to send my LRL to America...... NO. It costs a few Euros, but it is secret yet. I am not sure, but i believe the same for Morgan.
Also i am very glad that Carl will test our LRL for Free
Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
No problem, give me pile of rocks.
I do not believe that experimenters like Morgan and Geo deceive themselves doing false filming.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi.Really i can't understand you.
Morgan called all the members to go for the PD test.
Carl, don't wanted (or he was busy) to go for the test. So now what are you say??? I believe that Morgan has not problem to test again the PD if Carl go to Portugal.
But if you mean me to send my LRL to America...... NO. It costs a few Euros, but it is secret yet. I am not sure, but i believe the same for Morgan.
Also i am very glad that Carl will test our LRL for Free
I guess I'm a little confused by your statement here; perhaps you can help me to understand.

If your LRL is "secret", I assume you mean the circuit and the electrical and mechanical design. That being the case, why then do you go to the trouble of making any sort of postings about your "LRL" on this open forum? What is the point, if every time someone asks you a question, you tell them it is secret?

Here, in the US, if an inventor believes they have come up with a device they later want to apply for a US Patent; there is a distinct process they go through in preparation for the Patent Application. The process involves the drafting of serious documentation, including all design notes, sketches and other supporting data; all of which must be dated and witnessed.

The process DOES NOT involve leaking information (no matter how incomplete or veiled) about said device, to anyone or any outside agency not involved directly in the design of the device. Also, the process would not "normally" include the video recording of the device in operation.

So maybe you can understand my confusion here as to the secrecy point, and help me to understand a little better, exactly what is secret, and why?

By the way, let's assume you did have a valid reason for keeping your LRL device secret - even while discussing it on an open forum, which is a strange situation. It is entirely possible to share your secrets with third-parties by entering into a standard Non-Disclosure Agreement with said third-parties.

For instance it would be entirely logical to enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement with Carl, for the purposes of him conducting a test on your device, and in this way you could still maintain your secrecy from the rest of the world.

Are you familiar with Non-Disclosure Agreements, and how they work?

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
I guess I'm a little confused by your statement here; perhaps you can help me to understand.

If your LRL is "secret", I assume you mean the circuit and the electrical and mechanical design. That being the case, why then do you go to the trouble of making any sort of postings about your "LRL" on this open forum? What is the point, if every time someone asks you a question, you tell them it is secret?

Here, in the US, if an inventor believes they have come up with a device they later want to apply for a US Patent; there is a distinct process they go through in preparation for the Patent Application. The process involves the drafting of serious documentation, including all design notes, sketches and other supporting data; all of which must be dated and witnessed.

The process DOES NOT involve leaking information (no matter how incomplete or veiled) about said device, to anyone or any outside agency not involved directly in the design of the device. Also, the process would not "normally" include the video recording of the device in operation.

So maybe you can understand my confusion here as to the secrecy point, and help me to understand a little better, exactly what is secret, and why?

By the way, let's assume you did have a valid reason for keeping your LRL device secret - even while discussing it on an open forum, which is a strange situation. It is entirely possible to share your secrets with third-parties by entering into a standard Non-Disclosure Agreement with said third-parties.

For instance it would be entirely logical to enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement with Carl, for the purposes of him conducting a test on your device, and in this way you could still maintain your secrecy from the rest of the world.

Are you familiar with Non-Disclosure Agreements, and how they work?
Hmmm... will not post jokes... I promise. At least for now...

But the patent ? Is that so safe in the US... ? Are you sure... ?

So what's this I read on a website ?

"
THE MEUCCI RULING:
According to the United States Congress, Alexander Graham Bell did not invent the telephone. In 2002, they said a little-known Italian man was the true inventor.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]
His name was Antonio Meucci. And, 113 years after his death, he is getting his due.
The U.S. Congress says:
* Bell shared a lab with Meucci.
* Bell had access to Meucci's materials.
"

Then ? Still safe ?

I think that 113 years later and after his death the poor Meucci is not happy of US Congress and their hypocrisy and the late justice.

Don't forget that Bell Company exist today and maybe you're using their lines... mr. Bell stole the projects of Meucci (and that with help of a corrupted employee of the Patent Office) and made a fortune , and the real inventor died poor, unrecognized and full of rage !

It's hard for me to say... put on this side people do well don't trust much US patent offices...

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 09-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hmmm... will not post jokes... I promise. At least for now...

But the patent ? Is that so safe in the US... ? Are you sure... ?

So what's this I read on a website ?

"
THE MEUCCI RULING:
According to the United States Congress, Alexander Graham Bell did not invent the telephone. In 2002, they said a little-known Italian man was the true inventor.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]
His name was Antonio Meucci. And, 113 years after his death, he is getting his due.
The U.S. Congress says:
* Bell shared a lab with Meucci.
* Bell had access to Meucci's materials.
"

Then ? Still safe ?

I think that 113 years later and after his death the poor Meucci is not happy of US Congress and their hypocrisy and the late justice.

Don't forget that Bell Company exist today and maybe you're using their lines... mr. Bell stole the projects of Meucci (and that with help of a corrupted employee of the Patent Office) and made a fortune , and the real inventor died poor, unrecognized and full of rage !

It's hard for me to say... put on this side people do well don't trust much US patent offices...

Kind regards,
Max
Also it could bankrupt the inventor when he has to defend the patent against a large corporation.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I do not believe that experimenters like Morgan and Geo deceive themselves doing false filming.
Nor do I. There is nothing to be gained by such an activity.
As I said earlier - a faked video would have more consistent (and less erratic) beeping when detecting the target. That way it would be more convincing. Whereas the videos that Morgan supplied show how difficult it is to determine the position of the target. This is why some people have questioned whether it is really detecting anything at all. I guess you had to be there to be convinced.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Also it could bankrupt the inventor when he has to defend the patent against a large corporation.
On the other hand, a lot of large corporations go to a great deal of internal expense to register a US Patent on those things they believe are trade secrets and believe by doing so it affords them a financial edge over the competition.

Are US Patents a perfect system and entirely fair to all concerned? No, probably not, but like our Judicial System (which one can poke many holes in, and sometimes send innocent people to the gallows while letting real crooks go free (ie. the fellow below)) it is the only system we have.

But more to the point of my original comment; why the secrecy one day, and then make postings on an open forum the next day? Clearly, if the intent is to one day market the device for commercial gain; that's fine, but the first one that gets sold reveals everything and there are no more secrets.

Just strikes me as a bit weird, unless of course all the cloak and dagger shenanigans are merely a theatrical ploy to pre-market the item and/or bolster someones' ego.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Guru

I think Geo Meant "restricted", not secret.
The videos where meant to convince the people that helped to reverse engineer the first PD that it works.
Now the videos went public and it turns it into a strange situation where the video are public but not the PD.

I think those video should be considered as an advice: it´s for free, you make what you want with them, but you should avoid to make too much negative comments, or next time there will be no advice at all.