LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I read that some UHF detectors tend to detect all objects placed by the man on the soil, include ceramic. Those are affected by wet and causes false signals...
So, just like PD, righ ?
Regards,
Fred.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Guru

In general (and general secret) ANY very sensitive device, but very stable, do the job, all systems you want WORK (for conductive metal buried for X years, maybe since 3 years but no at high depth) (for these 3 years).

Regards

Esteban
Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
So, just like PD, righ ?
Regards,
Fred.
Deppend, no all detect in false. Some system (open base) I found demonstrates (for me, off course) how "infernal field" is around a simple rifle cartridge (old).

Regards

Esteban
Old 08-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Guru

Quote:
Well,i should have found this before but here it is a very interesting detector schematic made especially for plastic mine detection.
The (translated) principles of operation is as follow:
"To understand well the principle, we have to keep in mind that the earth magnetic field is homogeneous and that any object in this field will produce some anomalie.The principle of detection of the TM5 detector relies on the detection of those anomalies.An HF transmitter "contaminate" the earth field by transmitting a certain amount of RF power.
Every object absorb the radiations , or alter them in some way , and the electronic reading allow to evaluate the changes, in comparison with the transmitted values"
The name they give to this MD is :
Special detector TM 5-6665-293-13
and is presented as a military detector.

Looking better at it, i think this schematic principle is the real Esteban´s PD !!! :
And oscillator and an "anomaly" detector based on an RX antenna loosely coupled...
This is from the Rolf Wilhelm book, "metal detectors", the one of the DBP2010.

regards,
Fred.
Hi,
what ? a plastic mine change the magnetic field ?

This is really new for me...

I think the lines of above must be heavy corrected to make any sense...

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi,
what ? a plastic mine change the magnetic field ?

This is really new for me...

I think the lines of above must be heavy corrected to make any sense...

Kind regards,
Max
Hi Max,
I carefully translated the text,so it is exactly as in the book.
But if you read well you will see that the device detect differences between the "normal" and "not normal" field.
We know that the plastic don´t disturb the filed, so this is the lack of diturbed field that we are going to detect.
At least this is how i understand this.
regards,
Fred.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Max,
I carefully translated the text,so it is exactly as in the book.
But if you read well you will see that the device detect differences between the "normal" and "not normal" field.
We know that the plastic don´t disturb the filed, so this is the lack of diturbed field that we are going to detect.
At least this is how i understand this.
regards,
Fred.
I was meaning correcting the book... not translation!

"

someone said...
Old 08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Guru

Quote:
So, just like PD, righ ?
Regards,
Fred.
Hi,
the "PD" , or well... the metal detector that's inside have no real ground balance ... you will sure get influence from magnetic crystals of fired bricks ON SHORT RANGE ...few cms.

The MD is discriminating one, with rude disc but effective... so you'll probably see it as masking of silver and other non-ferrous metals...always at SHORT RANGE of few cms.

Like old md bfo or off-resonance. Nothing special.

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 08-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Guru

I think there is similarities between this mines detector and the PD, except the PD is very crude version.
The omega coil would be the RF generator, and the ferrite the detector, carefully positioned : you can see on the diagram i posted the "decoupler".
The fact is, IF the principles works, it would explain the LRL devices we have seen ,with antenna : RF can be generated from somewhere else, and the Antenna is detecting variations.that would also expalin why it is so unreliable.
It would be interesting to make some search aboutthis detector...
regards,
Fred.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Guru

http://www.groundzerobooksltd.com/de...isc%3D%26da%3D

and:

http://www.militarymarketplace.com/c....7237&pid=1860
Anyone in the US willing to buy it and share info?
Fred.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
Michael, how is the Dell Directional Locator (DDL) holding up under your conditions? Thanks! Dell
Hi,
I got a time to take DDL and check on our location. it was reacting very clearly. this was first time I saw such behavior from DDL. it swirled strongly. of course for some reasons I couldn't check it for long distance or much far from location.
an strange thing was the direction of DDL rotation. from S to N walking it swirled to right and hit my arm, but from N to S swirled to left and hit my chest. it was very clear without any ideomotor. even when tilting down
DDL head , got clear reaction. I did this for many times.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Hi,
I got a time to take DDL and check on our location. it was reacting very clearly. this was first time I saw such behavior from DDL. it swirled strongly. of course for some reasons I couldn't check it for long distance or much far from location.
an strange thing was the direction of DDL rotation. from S to N walking it swirled to right and hit my arm, but from N to S swirled to left and hit my chest. it was very clear without any ideomotor. even when tilting down
Do you mean the paint roller ?

"

someone said...
Old 08-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi,
Thank you for the feedback.

Forget about long range. No accurate LRL survey can be conducted for more than 100 yards at a time.

Also, try gripping the DDL handle tight, and make a broad sweep aiming no more than 6 inches above the target. The DDL is highly directional. Sweeping above, or below the target, you will loose it.

You should feel the resistance as you hit each outside edge of the target field, even with your eyes closed.

Then, with short sweeps, Center aim between the side edges of the target field to lock onto the target.

Remember, the DDL does not Discriminate. You have to use your FG with the appropriate frequency for the DDL to lock onto a Discriminated target.

Aim the DDL in front of and sweep back & forth to lock onto, and trace the Signal line, to a target, if you prefer to locate the target in that manner. Enjoy! Dell
Old 08-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Guru

Hi
Quote:
Do you mean the paint roller ?
It doesn't matter the name or shape, see how & what's working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell
Thank you for the feedback.
Forget about long range. No accurate LRL survey can be conducted for more than 100 yards at a time.
Also, try gripping the DDL handle tight, and make a broad sweep aiming no more than 6 inches above the target. The DDL is highly directional. Sweeping above, or below the target, you will loose it.
You should feel the resistance as you hit each outside edge of the target field, even with your eyes closed.
Then, with short sweeps, Center aim between the side edges of the target field to lock onto the target.
Remember, the DDL does not Discriminate. You have to use your FG with the appropriate frequency for the DDL to lock onto a Discriminated target.

Aim the DDL in front of and sweep back & forth to lock onto, and trace the Signal line, to a target, if you prefer to locate the target in that manner. Enjoy! Dell
Dell, thank you for leadings I will try at first time I get time that think isn't soon as I haveso much busy mind for how manage excavating treasure.
the existent target is very huge not comparable with small targets like a coin or even bunch of coins. it's really huge we guess there is a room with at least 5m x 5m full of hoard.
So can't mark a distinct line for its' field. it's possible that I've walked over target not out in the field outline.
I tried to do this as far as possible but situation didn't let me go farther than 10 meters of our dug hole.
about FG I had checked there last year at best conditions, no result, entirely null.
as there are at least 3 targets, after excavating the biggest maybe at future check other targets with DDL + our new powerful transmitter that my friend has fulfilled it last week.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
So can't mark a distinct line for its' field. it's possible that I've walked over target not out in the field outline.
You must also consider the possibility that there is no "field" to detect (if that's the correct word), or that it's "working" by self-delusion - which is the most likely explanation.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
You must also consider the possibility that there is no "field" to detect (if that's the correct word), or that it's "working" by self-delusion - which is the most likely explanation.
Hi, If we want to use exact "field detection" term, yes, you're right. can't definitely tell it was a field detection or DDL is doing that, but I'm sure about one thing; that huge target has an enormous noticeable field around.
Why my MDL got signals from 80-90 meters and with approaching it was logarithmically increasing? so we had to reset( retune) MDL for many times to let us go ahead and get the real point.
I think it's nothing than a field. the field of huge target too strong to let us pinpoint smaller targets which have less depth. we only could get signals of smaller one in opposite direction line, but for other lines, the signal of huge target interferes and MDL overloads so can't recognize cross point.
and in past weekend we took there MDL with hope to find smaller target(cos are in less depth and a more easy work) why? cos we thought now with a big dug hole we have broken the field and pinpointing them is possible. but no, the strong signal was still as the same and nothing had been changed.
DDL on the suspect point of small targets do not specific reaction as small targets are in fact inside the edge of huge target field. so this caused our work hard, so we have to first excavate huge target, and by the time removing huge target finding small ones is impossible.
DDL was obviously reacting to edge of the huge target field.
I hope could have transferred my purposes.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Guru

Default The Plusnikov Rods

Quote:
Hi, If we want to use exact "field detection" term, yes, you're right. can't definitely tell it was a field detection or DDL is doing that, but I'm sure about one thing; that huge target has an enormous noticeable field around.
Why my MDL got signals from 80-90 meters and with approaching it was logarithmically increasing? so we had to reset( retune) MDL for many times to let us go ahead and get the real point.
I think it's nothing than a field. the field of huge target too strong to let us pinpoint smaller targets which have less depth. we only could get signals of smaller one in opposite direction line, but for other lines, the signal of huge target interferes and MDL overloads so can't recognize cross point.
and in past weekend we took there MDL with hope to find smaller target(cos are in less depth and a more easy work) why? cos we thought now with a big dug hole we have broken the field and pinpointing them is possible. but no, the strong signal was still as the same and nothing had been changed.
DDL on the suspect point of small targets do not specific reaction as small targets are in fact inside the edge of huge target field. so this caused our work hard, so we have to first excavate huge target, and by the time removing huge target finding small ones is impossible.
DDL was obviously reacting to edge of the huge target field.
I hope could have transferred my purposes.
Name:  IM000030.JPG
Views: 1886
Size:  68.1 KB

Name:  IM000028.JPG
Views: 1833
Size:  75.7 KB

Name:  IM000029.JPG
Views: 1767
Size:  68.3 KB
Old 08-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
No limits... to human stupidity!

"

someone said...
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:

That "huge target" was his belly.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Guru

Default The target

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
That "huge target" was his belly.
No,his target was your and Max a-s-s h-o-l-l-e

Even if the Dowsing rod´s people are crazy i think they have the rigth to walk around with the sticks on hands... But this one is famous,as you can see he is with reporters from TV.

Kind regards
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 AM
Guru

Quote:

Even if the Dowsing rod´s people are crazy i think they have the rigth to walk around with the sticks on hands... But this one is famous,as you can see he is with reporters from TV.

Kind regards
In the assumption that LRL works (with much practice, etc.), I can't imagine how a man carrying a bag can obtain "responses" with this weight, maybe he need for equilibrium.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Guru

Quote:

Kind regards
yes.. he's a famous clown... like some here! Not you!

"

someone said...
Old 08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
But this one is famous,as you can see he is with reporters from TV.
OK - it must be true then ... it was on the TV.
What more proof do you need?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Guru

Quote:
In the assumption that LRL works (with much practice, etc.), I can't imagine how a man carrying a bag can obtain "responses" with this weight, maybe he need for equilibrium.
Uhm... the bag is really suspect...

I have two options:

1. he put there the wallet excavation revenues...
2. he has some ...particular... ehm... disease... so the bag contains his pi$$ and p00p !

Sorry for the 2. option... expecially if you're just to bite your hamburger...

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 08-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Guru

Quote:
Uhm... the bag is really suspect...

I have two options:

1. he put there the wallet excavation revenues...
2. he has some ...particular... ehm... disease... so the bag contains his pi$$ and p00p !

Sorry for the 2. option... expecially if you're just to bite your hamburger...

Kind regards,
Max
Nice avatar, now you're a buddy of Morgan (the pirate)!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Guru

Default The bag

Quote:
The bag contains marks to put over targets. He is looking for anomalies underground,and those reporters are making the film for TV,in Moscow City...
Yes he is famous,already with 80 years old , i talk with him personaly,he not use dowsing for TH,he use only for other more important things,lost people,to find criminals,chose good place for buildings etc,etc...
He as good reputation,thats wath i understand there.