LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Guru

As we saw from Estaban's answer:

2cm SINGLE COIN AT 75CM DEPTH IN SOIL is ABLE TO PRODUCE PHENOMENA DETECTABLE AT SOIL SURFACE WITH IR LRL !!!!!

Wow!!!!! Excellent info!!!

Carl how about that?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Guru (Administrator)

My initial reaction to this discussion was that the "halo effect" and the "phenomenon" must be two different things. But I see Esteban's point about a conventional metal detector destroying the phenomenon. In this case (and assuming the phenomenon is real) they may be related. I guess the trick is to detect the effect without upsetting it.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Yes, of course.
We cannot expect IR will ionize the target material. It would take a higher energy such as exposing the target to a radioactive source, or other ionizing radiation. This is what raises some curiosity about his "ionized oxygen" container, which he calls the "intermediate" ionized plasma that communicates with the target material. I was wondering if it ever worked in practice. Actually I haven't ever seen any evidence of this method being used in the years since this patent was issued.

I still wonder ... "does it work?"

I suppose if it did work, there are governments all over the world that would want to use it to identify contraband and to locate explosives, as well as finding where there are dangerous bio-hazard fumes in the air. This is a multi-billion dollar industry. A little checking will show that the inventor John Nutting is the owner of a small business with less than 4 employees, and does not appear to have become rich from producing his locator for the industries that desperately need what he claims it does.

Oh well. Maybe he should have tried the method of an LED pulsed at 400 Hz with an FM radio held close to hear and identify materials from a distance. This would have made him successful, right?

Best wishes,
J_P

The more I look at this the less far fetched it becomes fundamentally...
Not that this works in a small hand-held product right now though!

I did a little Google search and came up with this:
http://www.teramobile.org/publications/APBMechain2.pdf
It suggests a "near IR" laser pulse can create ionized plasma. But who the heck wants to carry around a terawatt IR laser to find a quarter? And do a search on IR lasers for sale. Not cheap. Extremely dangerous. Burns what it lands on. Wipes out your eyes and you won't see it happening... This patent is weird in that the detection signatures are weakly discussed. Has someone just gone ahead and called this guy's company Lidco in Edmond, WA to see what he is up to. He has another patent in 2003 so he's been at this for awhile...
Another link found in the search is this:
http://bernath.uwaterloo.ca/media/IRLaserRev.pdf
Interesting summary of IR spectrometry etc. and relates to this topic somewhat...
And then I added "gold" to the search terms and came up with this:
http://www.rsc.org/delivery/_Article...JournalCode=JA

So yeah, could work, but what's wrong with using a HH1 PI detector that
has ten bucks worth of parts to find that quarter?

Barry
Old 02-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Guru

"...what's wrong with using a HH1 PI detector that
has ten bucks worth of parts to find that quarter?...
"

With all respect to Carl's geniallity and knowledge....but depth like 75cm on single coin is a way to much even for such nice and sensitive design like HH...
And not only HH.....75cm depth detection on a single coin is IMPOSSIBLE for any other kind of detector we know. Simply IMPOSSIBLE !!!

End of a story!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
Also, according to HungScience, incident sunlight contains no infrared.

- Carl
Wrong again Carl.
CarlScience is that keeps thinking and infering I have stated that.
Still did not understand what I told you in that thread eh?

Dude, science is not mine or yours. Science is one and only. You either understands it or not.

Maybe you should go back to our Physics forum for more questions like you did sometime ago with that silly one about resonance in Seden's case?
Maybe you could try to figure who I am there. Probably one of those who will care to answer you?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
Wrong again Carl.
CarlScience is that keeps thinking and infering I have stated that.
Still did not understand what I told you in that thread eh?

Maybe you should go back to our Physics forum for more questions like you did sometime ago with that silly question about resonance in Seden's case?
Maybe you could try to figure who I am there. Probably one of those who will care to answer you?
Very nice!

Read this first:

"...2cm SINGLE COIN AT 75CM DEPTH IN SOIL is ABLE TO PRODUCE PHENOMENA DETECTABLE AT SOIL SURFACE WITH IR LRL !!!!!..."

Than please can you explain here that phenomena!?

Many thanks in advance!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Guru

Must go now!
Please do talk here...don't mind my absence!

I will be glad to read your posts, tonight on my return here..

Regards!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivconic View Post
has ten bucks worth of parts to find that quarter?..."

With all respect to Carl's geniallity and knowledge....but depth like 75cm on single coin is a way to much even for such nice and sensitive design like HH...
And not only HH.....75cm depth detection on a single coin is IMPOSSIBLE for any other kind of detector we know. Simply IMPOSSIBLE !!!

End of a story!
Ok, but that is only true if the area has not been disturbed by another more traditional detector, local EMI, digging of the area... And it won't work underwater or in wet conditions (like recent rain...). If this detector is truly detecting these ionized fields it would be cool to have someone mark out a rectangular untouched field and scan it with this detector under differing weather conditions etc., then go over it with various detector technologies, and then finally dig and see what you get.

Barry
Old 02-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Wrong again Carl.
Direct quote from Hung:

"So, there's no such thing as IR penetrating the soil or IR striking the surface of the earth."

The context of the conversation was the effect of sunlight on IR heating the soil and buried objects. There is no room for misinterpretation.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Direct quote from Hung:

"So, there's no such thing as IR penetrating the soil or IR striking the surface of the earth."

The context of the conversation was the effect of sunlight on IR heating the soil and buried objects. There is no room for misinterpretation.
You are notorious for bringing things out of context to appear they are indeed in the context.
Of course there's IR striking the earth. But the absolute gross amount of IR is available through the cooling process released by the surface of the earth, 24 hours a day. And this is the portion responsible to the object of your post in that thread, not the first one.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Hung, the easiest thing to say is, "Oops, I was mistaken... yes, the major contributor to soil heating from incident sunlight is infrared, not ultraviolet."

I would have much more respect for you if you admitted obvious mistakes, instead of being obstinate and blaming your mistakes on me. But you're never wrong, are you?

"A potentiometer is a variable resistor. It varies the resistance, opposing incoming voltage."
Old 02-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hung, the easiest thing to say is, "Oops, I was mistaken... yes, the major contributor to soil heating from incident sunlight is infrared, not ultraviolet."

I would have much more respect for you if you admitted obvious mistakes, instead of being obstinate and blaming your mistakes on me. But you're never wrong, are you?

"A potentiometer is a variable resistor. It varies the resistance, opposing incoming voltage."
There's no problem in recognizing mistakes from my part. But this is not the case.
I already gave you correct answers to both topics you mention.
You chose to ignore my answers to fit what you think you know. It's your privilege. I will not stick it inside your head.
The potentiometer post is a good example.

Regarding this post, your first sentence is the evidence of a mistake, when again you try to twist IR in the context.
I will not answer more questions from you anymore until you do a thorough study on sensible heat and how it processes.
Not knowing how IR behaves in the earth surface is a serious flaw from your part.

Sometime ago I thought you deliberately twisted some scientific facts to fit your agenda. Now I see you do ignore some things. Sorry to make this unjustice to you.
Regards.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Sometime ago I thought you deliberately twisted some scientific facts to fit your agenda.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I guess some people here are not going to understand this idiom, so here's an explanation -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_cal...e_kettle_black
Old 02-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Guru

Default Phenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
8. If the wet is very high (in the air, no problem in stream, river or quiet water), "phenomenon" suffers dispersion and can't be detectable or expand like in salty terrain, except that with high moisture in air is not sure the detection (can exists many falses). But you're sure in salty terrain because is not false detection, only "phenomenon" is expanded.

9. Extremely fine rain helps in detection. Seems the "phenomenon" uses as a "road". This I comprobe with a BFO pistol, very insensitive to riffle cartridge. But in this opportunity seems the extremely fine rain acts as a "way" and beeps many times in the place of the riffle cartridge 7.62.

10. Round objects as coins and rings can be detectable at more distance. Seems that the charges do not "escape" from the round shapes.

I'll added more all I remembered.
Hi Esteban

I agree with you,i study the Phenomenon but for me its something electromagnetic,not ionic or other thing.
In my field test ,very often i do tests with PD ,and its obvious i get more distance with wet soil after the rain. So,the Pistoldetektor acts like a metal detector,with the advantage of more distance and sensitivity to noble metals.PD also foud iron when ring shape,old iron buckles,this also hapens with all metal detectors.
My question,when you talk about your PD BFO,more sensitive to Phenomenon,you mean the passive receiver inside the pistol,not the BFO,this you use only to pinpoint the object ,isnt it ???

Regards
Old 02-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I agree with you,i study the Phenomenon but for me its something electromagnetic,not ionic or other thing.

Regards
Morgan, Esteban has not stated that. And yes, ions are present in the phenomena.
Regards.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Guru

Funny, DR Hung appearing each time discussion gets interesting or constructive.
Then he ruins everything with the help o a few ridiculous declarations.
Is that to get the credits of the constructive discussion or just to kill it ?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Funny, DR Hung appearing each time discussion gets interesting or constructive.
Then he ruins everything with the help o a few ridiculous declarations.
Is that to get the credits of the constructive discussion or just to kill it ?
It's called debunkering.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Guru

Quote:
So your answer is YES on my question:

"..ARE YOU SAYING THAT 2cm SINGLE COIN, AT 75cm DEPTH IN SOIL, IS ABLE TO PRODUCE PHENOMENA DETECTABLE AT SOIL SURFACE WITH IR LRL?.."

So, actually YOU are saying that 2cm SINGLE COIN AT 75CM DEPTH IN SOIL is ABLE TO PRODUCE PHENOMENA DETECTABLE AT SOIL SURFACE WITH IR LRL !?

Right?

Your answer is YES, as we can see from your previous post.

THANK YOU ESTEBAN! THANK YOU for your answer!

Hell....what took you so long to give simple answer on such simple question???

Sheeeeshhh!
Why you're very inquisitive? You're Stavka soviet agent or what... eh?

I respond BEFORE you asked me. Sense parole.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
But not ionization due to infrared, because that simply cannot happen.

Also, according to HungScience, incident sunlight contains no infrared.

- Carl
I think this is another kind of "phenomenon", not the produced around item buried for many years. This happens another 2 times I remembered, so 3 times registered. With 3 different "principle" pistol: 1. fet input ionization Mineoro style (2 detectors in one: antenna and magnetic loop: absorption), 2. induction/balance + radio (like Morgan's posted) and 3. pure magnetic absorption type.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Guru

Angry one new form of detect field whit compass and ferrite

here i show other of my new design, this i called hibrid pistol 10, i find one rare form of field detection support, the fenomen ocurr when compass is in front and is in equal whit the two anten extension, then these came very sensitive and turn crazy how giroscope and change the orientation these is for distinct anten telescopic position, too exist interference whit function ferrite polarization, very strange
i have for these oscilator 433 mhz and too variable unijunction circuit, this is my new investigation in progress for 2010
these case is easy of make, only two container of vhs cassete, in middle wood for fix these, inside two baterias rechargeable square de toy of 9 volts via regulator 9 v. output this versatile

Attached Images

Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
has ten bucks worth of parts to find that quarter?..."

End of a story!
Remember only this. Alonso told me: "I don't understand why they put the man at Moon at 384,000 km of the Earth with all the implicances, but can't detect a single coin at 1 m depth". But maybe NASA knows how, but many others no. End of the history. Werner von Braun said: "We can lick gravity, but the paperwork's a bit tougher."
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Hi Esteban

In my field test ,very often i do tests with PD ,and its obvious i get more distance with wet soil after the rain. So,the Pistoldetektor acts like a metal detector,with the advantage of more distance and sensitivity to noble metals.PD also foud iron when ring shape,old iron buckles,this also hapens with all metal detectors.
My question,when you talk about your PD BFO,more sensitive to Phenomenon,you mean the passive receiver inside the pistol,not the BFO,this you use only to pinpoint the object ,isnt it ???

Regards
Can be used for pinpointing and for distance detector. This BFO must be extremely stable, difficult to find a good schematic. But this work with radio receiver. You have 2 knobs. One for BFO zero and the other for sensibility of radio (volume).
Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
But maybe NASA knows how, but many others no.
They do Esteban, they do. Actually much more than that.

But assure yourself that in all parts of the world there are hidden 'little NASAs' that also hate publicity as well.
It's not USA exclusive anymore. Welcome to globalization...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by detectoman View Post
here i show other of my new design, this i called hibrid pistol 10, i find one rare form of field detection support, the fenomen ocurr when compass is in front and is in equal whit the two anten extension, then these came very sensitive and turn crazy how giroscope and change the orientation these is for distinct anten telescopic position, too exist interference whit function ferrite polarization, very strange
i have for these oscilator 433 mhz and too variable unijunction circuit, this is my new investigation in progress for 2010
these case is easy of make, only two container of vhs cassete, in middle wood for fix these, inside two baterias rechargeable square de toy of 9 volts via regulator 9 v. output this versatile

Hi Detectoman. Trying these "things" you can discover more.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Guru

i have understand what an gold ring and everyvary aros, round or square, are easy for detection due, to: these is detected for old radiation electrician eventual phenomen, and too detect double further due because the ring is one little closed coil of big conductivity by be noble metal, and hig inductance for grosor, too the area of contamination whit fine sulphates ( aleationes ) disemined them are mineral, too the change of field of earth distorsion for buried object, and soil removed, other consistence in conjunt is an foint of distinct disturbances