LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Fred,

I note that very light rain improve the detection, this is, very tenuous drizzle. The drops when falls generate a voltage and I think is a bridge between the detector and target.

Wet terrain and rain all the time are very bad! Occurs that also the air is very wet. I believe a combination with infrared will be a solution. No experience in sites with rains all the time.
Ok thanks for answer,here in winter its wet because o rain, and in summer its wet because of sun,like in sauna

Regards,
Fred.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Guru

The weather you describe is like British channel zone as the "D Day"!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:52 PM

Ha,ha,ha,haah!!!
I dont beleive this...?!?!? You actually talking here like that scrapy toy is really working??? Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!
Again you will get away from offering some real things here, Esteban!?
Ha,ah,ah,ah!!! Just count how many threads here were started in same manner!? How many same stories already we have here!?
Is there any possible END of this???
I dont beleive this!?
It is like one of those funny,low level tv latino soaps!?
Again plain,empty fairy tales, with few funny, nonsenced photos, a bunch of unaprovable claims....and NOTHING else!?
Ha,ha,ha,ha!!!
This dont even nerving me any more. This starting to jinks me more and more.
Only one problem here; ther are no new members join in this any more!?
How come?
Only "old very well known" characters here, and nobody new!?
How can you explain this Esteban?
Day by day you are loosing your audience here.
I guess people already used on those stories and doesnt pay any attention any more here.
Everybody so far saw it is nothing else but mumbble-jumbble stories...
A kind a sorry for you fellas..almost!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts
Day by day you are loosing your audience here.
I guess people already used on those stories and doesnt pay any attention any more here.
Audience? The best audience we ever had in the remote sensing forum was for the Robertoro Show. Yes, the incredible Robertoro was the best, most entertaining show in Remote Sensing, with all it's beer-drinking beach girls. Too bad it was removed.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-02-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Audience? The best audience we ever had in the remote sensing forum was for the Robertoro Show. Yes, the incredible Robertoro was the best, most entertaining show in Remote Sensing, with all it's beer-drinking beach girls. Too bad it was removed.

Best wishes,
J_P
Tend to agree!
At least we put some light on this dark place! Better to see nice girls here more oftenly, than to be anoyed by same old stories about locating coin at 40-800 meters distances...wow!
Old 02-02-2008, 06:04 AM

Default My very reliable LRL

Attached is a photo of my favourite LRL, very reliable and is solar powered.

regards
bugwhiskers
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
At least we put some light on this dark place!

??????
Old 02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Guru

Roberts, if you can't demonstrate that electronic LRL doesn't work, please post your experience in electronic LRL field... But I'll be easy the life... Post your radio design projects...
Old 02-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Guru

Quote:

Best wishes,
J_P
Yes, just show!!!

Regards

Esteban
Old 02-02-2008, 06:00 PM

Lightbulb Scintillation crystals and LRL's detection

Esteban,

Have you ever tried using Scintillation Crystals for an LRL? I just ordered a Plastic Scintillator off of ebay which goes for $7.50USD per square inch, so 1 inch is what I bought. Made by Saint-Gobain Crystals and model is BC-412. The characteristics that I thought were interesting were detects 100KeV to 5MeV gamma-rays,Fast Neutrons,Charged Particles,Cosmic Rays,muons,and protons. What I plan on doing is getting lead foil and surroud it on every side except the front like Armin Bickel did with his Scintillation Crystals.

Randy
Old 02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seden View Post
Esteban,

Have you ever tried using Scintillation Crystals for an LRL? I just ordered a Plastic Scintillator off of ebay which goes for $7.50USD per square inch, so 1 inch is what I bought. Made by Saint-Gobain Crystals and model is BC-412. The characteristics that I thought were interesting were detects 100KeV to 5MeV gamma-rays,Fast Neutrons,Charged Particles,Cosmic Rays,muons,and protons. What I plan on doing is getting lead foil and surroud it on every side except the front like Armin Bickel did with his Scintillation Crystals.

Randy
Hi,
I think could work... but requires maybe days... or weeks to have "images" of stuff underground cause of natural radio-activity sources.

I think you must also protect it from solar light someway... and use some ccd stuff + digital storage device: then analyze off-line by some link... to a PC.

It's interesting idea... but the problem is that natural sources are so often weak and require too much time to get good results... Bickel made that stuff with photographic things buried for many time... and I always suspected that radon gas was (e.g. from thermal water sources) there to aid him...

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Guru

Default Pistoldetektor

Quote:
Roberts, if you can't demonstrate that electronic LRL doesn't work, please post your experience in electronic LRL field... But I'll be easy the life... Post your radio design projects...
Until now only GEO make this device(pistoldetektor)and put it to work with diferente search coils.Anyway ,he already get some results(metal dor at 2,50m distance with 4"coil).I think he is traveling now,but when return i´m sure he will make good improvments on pistoldetektor and maybe will share with us all new discoveries.
I dont understand why some people here dont believe and play jokes about what me and Esteban experienced with this device...
Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan
I think could work... but requires maybe days... or weeks to have "images" of stuff underground cause of natural radio-activity sources.

I think you must also protect it from solar light someway... and use some ccd stuff + digital storage device: then analyze off-line by some link... to a PC.

It's interesting idea... but the problem is that natural sources are so often weak and require too much time to get good results... Bickel made that stuff with photographic things buried for many time... and I always suspected that radon gas was (e.g. from thermal water sources) there to aid him...
I have used a Bickel isotope detector made in the 1980s. This detector does not require days to produce a result. It takes measurements instantaneously, and can be used in a car or plane. Solar light does not effect the Bickel isotope detector. The scintillating crystal is housed in a lead cup that is open at the bottom, and has a cylindrical aluminum enclosure around the probe that prevents any light from entering in the photomultiplier area. The only storage device Dr. Bickel used was a small chart recorder to create maps of the signal when flying over a plot of ground in a grid pattern.

The limitation of his isotope detector was caused by atmospheric effects that only permitted him to take accurate readings in the morning when sampling ground in North America. Aside from this limitation, the isotope detector worked very well. Millions of dollars worth of copper, silver, gold, petroleum, and other minerals have been recovered using the Bickel Isotope detectors to locate them. Petroleum can be detected as deep as 10,000 feet, but most metals and ores can only be detected to 5000 feet.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-03-2008, 06:35 AM

Thumbs up Thank you JPlayer

It will be interesting building and testing it. Have read quite a bit about Gamma Spectrometry and it appears the challege will be calibrating the unit. Very impressive papers showing the spectrum of different metals,this is truly an LRL backed by science. How did Dr. Bickel calibrate his units?

Randy
Old 02-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seden
It will be interesting building and testing it. Have read quite a bit about Gamma Spectrometry and it appears the challege will be calibrating the unit. Very impressive papers showing the spectrum of different metals,this is truly an LRL backed by science. How did Dr. Bickel calibrate his units?
Hi Seden,
He measured the signal returned by the photomultiplier tube and then adjusted his filters and pulse traps to catch the flashes of light that corresponded with the stable gold isotope. He said the isotope detector would not work when using inferior scintillating crystals. He could not use the crystals made by the US manufacturers. He had access to foreign sources that usually only sell to government agencies. Bickel said the crystals he used were the best in the world, but their scintillating properties would deteriorate over a period of 5 years, making it necessary to replace the crystal for good performance.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi,

Kind regards,
Max
J_Player

The text was posted by Max, no by Morgan. What happens with the automatic quotation tool?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seden View Post
Esteban,

Randy
A cheap option is to paint a common led with zinc sulphide. Another radiation "atractor" is sodium iodide.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Guru

Quote:
A cheap option is to paint a common led with zinc sulphide. Another radiation "atractor" is sodium iodide.
... sodium iodide doped with thallium
Old 02-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Guru

Default radiation "atractor

What is being detected... this is part of what I'm looking for?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:58 PM

Nacl+H2O=seawater....
I am genius of chemistry!!!!
Intend to paint LM393 with red paprika to turn it into OP37 - works much better and can detect ultra-sensual-psedo-brainstorming-ionic-IR particles produced from long time burried gold ring in deep savanah, usually detectable at 800 feet!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Guru

Default 800 meters

What about detecting a coin at 30 meters
Old 02-09-2008, 04:20 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad
What about detecting a coin at 30 meters
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Here's a more compact version -> http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=4300
Old 02-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Guru

Default 30 meter detector

I now know all this time I could detect coins for miles.
I walk miles with a metal detctor and find coins.
My LRL is the XLPRO and me walking
Old 02-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad View Post
What is being detected... this is part of what I'm looking for?
You can continue looking. Maybe has some luck!